*Author

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379188#msg379188
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »
Eva, I feel that you can do the same with aether and gravity. Gravity has powerful spells like gravity pull and momentum. Gravity can effectively use cards like fractal, mitosis, adrenaline, and other cards to make up for its "lack of positive attack to quanta ratio" We also have cards like catapult and acceleration to make use of our abundant defense
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379205#msg379205
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »
Also, general question to all challengers.

Is gravity more technologically advanced than other elements?
And does this mean that it could actually use some more machinery, in combo with :time?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379216#msg379216
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »
Gravity, as we know, currently does not have a master.  What traits do you think a good master has and needs to be successful as a master that you posses?  And explain why.
I think I've more or less answered that here, but I'll quote it (in spoilers):
Yes, I think so. From what I've learned by observing War #3 and listening to what veterans have said, there's more to being a Master than being good at PvP games. They also have to be good at PR, at being an active member of the community, and being a good leader overall. The latter has played a large role in the last War -- with the different roles that each member in the Team plays, the Master has become less of a strongman of sorts, and more of a manager able to delegate roles and liaise between them, as well as see the big picture. Although my biggest weakness (IMO) is PvP, I believe that's more than compensated by my strengths in other areas -- and during War, deckbuilding and researching is a team effort as much as anything, so my team members and I would be able to work together to do better than I could ever do by myself -- which is what a good team is: a whole greater than the sum of its parts.
To add to the personality portion: A Master should be a leader/manager type -- someone who can balance different personalities and make them work together as a team. A Master should have the devotion and commitment to pour in time and effort for events like War, but at the same time delegate -- pass roles on to other members of his/her team who may be more suited or able to do the job. A Master is only human, and when other commitments come up, they should be able to adapt -- instead of disappearing from Elements or focusing solely on Elements to the detriment of their other commitments, they should find a way to balance their schedule. Giving their job to someone else on the team who has the time is preferred to just abandoning the job entirely.
So to sum up:
- PR person
- Manager
- Active community member
- Skilled PvP player
- Able to adapt to emergencies/balance Elements with other commitment (couldn't think of a short description)

This is less a question, and more advice from a player that specializes in a similar element.

Both Aether and Gravity have one thing in common:

The lack of positive Attack-Quanta creatures.

With Graviton Mercenary being -1,
Sapphire Charger being -1,
Armagio being -4,
and Colossal Dragon being -3...

Gravity has a tough time doing damage on it's own.

Aether gets around this by using it's powerful arsenal of spells (Lightning, Parallel Universe, Fractal) to do damage using other elements.

In your opinion, is it possible to use Gravity in a similar way in order to circumvent your damage difficulties?
I think so. Cards like Catapult make use of Gravity's high HP, for example, and Momentum is so far the only creature ability that can allow you to completely ignore shields, barring counters like Reverse Time. It's certainly tougher for Gravity than for Aether (Catapult requires that extra one turn, for instance), but it can be done.

And does this mean that it could actually use some more machinery, in combo with :time?
Interesting question. That's actually what I thought when I first joined -- I imagined Star Trek-type cards, or at the very least steampunk. But you could still make the argument that it's one of the more technologically advanced elements -- real world catapults, for one, were first invented in the ancient Greeks' era, which is the most "modern" of the cards in the game, apart from Steam Machine (Industrial Revolution era).

And yes, I would love to see more machine-based cards, and something that worked with :gravity and :time would be even cooler. It would certainly offset the natural enmity a lot of people see between :gravity and :time, even though it's supposed to be the opposite of :entropy.

Speaking of which, IMO there's a lot more to Gravity than has been explored so far -- thematically that is. While gravity can be advanced, it's also one of the most primal elements of all -- next to :entropy and :time. This paradox could allow for so many more :gravity-based cards than which currently exist, and could add a whole new class to the element besides cards based on exploiting HP (the mass aspect of Gravity). Similarly, I would like to see more Gravity cards revolving around the concept of Order, which Gravity is related to (and which opposes Chaos, which Entropy is related to).

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379223#msg379223
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:26 pm »
Weapon: deal 6 damage at the end of every turn.
This ability does not target the opponent's weapon; it acts in the same way as Animate Weapon. If your opponent doesn't have a weapon, this ability can't be used. When used your opponent's weapon is destroyed and this weapon flies with an attack boost equal to the opponent's weapon's damage. This weapon also gains the ability of that weapon.

If this card was introduced into the game: What impact would it have? How would you utilize it? What decks would you build? How would it change :gravity? (You don't have to answer each question individually)

Offline Bhlewos

• Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379229#msg379229
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 10:40:55 pm »
If this card was introduced into the game: What impact would it have? How would you utilize it? What decks would you build? How would it change :gravity? (You don't have to answer each question individually)
Well, my concerns about its balancing issues aside, it would certainly strengthen :gravity. It's a nice mono-gravity version of Flying Weapon, and that's how I see it being used -- an alternative for gravity users instead of splashing :air for unupped AWs. I would probably replace Titan with it for gravity decks that don't center around Titan -- it's much more useful in general situations than Titan due to its PC-ish nature.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379284#msg379284
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 12:40:19 am »
Yes. I see white and black and in some cases yellow and green all over. Holy walls of text. =P

... Oh yeah. The questions.

Hmm.

@All - Why did you choose gravity as your element?
        - What is your favorite gravity card.. and why. (I hope no one says "OTYUGH BECAUSE IT NOMS NOMS" or any of the kind. While that would be hilarious it'd also be creepy.)

... Aaanyway.. good luck to all of you, regardless of who gets in the final battle.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379472#msg379472
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 04:24:46 pm »

In my opinion, gravity isnt particularly technologically advanced, and I dont think it should have machinery, Elements is a "fantasy" game, and machines =/= fantasy.
But is it more advanced than other elements? I would probably say yes. Catapult is semi-advanced compared to other elements, but not particularly advanced as a whole.

Weapon: deal 6 damage at the end of every turn.
This ability does not target the opponent's weapon; it acts in the same way as Animate Weapon. If your opponent doesn't have a weapon, this ability can't be used. When used your opponent's weapon is destroyed and this weapon flies with an attack boost equal to the opponent's weapon's damage. This weapon also gains the ability of that weapon.

This card is interesting to say the least, it has a good quanta/damage ratio, so it can be used as a standalone card, and its a good counter to decks like discord/BH, and other decks where a part of the strategy is based off of the weapon. In war, if I was general of Gravity, i would probably pack at least 6 if it was real, to combat weapon decks like discord decks. Its cost is cheap enough that even with discord on the field, it can still be played and use its ability. I would probably replace titan with it in alot of gravity decks, and build some counter decks for PVP stuff with it. It would make gravity even more adaptable to whatever situation it is put it.

... Oh yeah. The questions.
Hmm.
        - What is your favorite gravity card.. and why. (I hope no one says "OTYUGH BECAUSE IT NOMS NOMS" or any of the kind. While that would be hilarious it'd also be creepy.)
... Aaanyway.. good luck to all of you, regardless of who gets in the final battle.
I Chose gravity because i like its playstyle, its somewhat like my first element, Darkness, in some aspects. It has a great form of denial in BH, it can use your opponents strengths against them with otyugh, and its good at control decks. Gravity also is attractive to me because of what it stands for and what it means. It means order, and also power, whether offensive or defensive.
My favorite Gravity card is probably..... Graviton merc because its OP :P Armadilgo. oh right, thats not its name Probably Titan if i had to choose, but only if i had to choose, i also love BH and Sapphire Charger. I love titan because it embodies the power that i think gravity stands for. It has a great chunk of offensive power, and HUGE defensive power, which can be turned into offence with a little bit of stalling.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline Bhlewos

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg379602#msg379602
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »
OTYUGH BECAUSE IT NOMS NOMS. J/k I'd have to say either Black Hole, Charger or Catapult. Catapult because it saved my life in a couple of the games against Numbers -- I'm really starting to appreciate what it can do and I'd like to see it used more often. Chargers because, well, come on. The ability to ignore shields is always fun (Chargers TL;DR!). And Black Hole is just an awesome card to have if you're trolling PvP.

I chose Gravity because it was either that, Entropy, or Aether, since those three were elements I'd hadn't seen before in games. I think it was the description that sold me -- I was interested in seeing how a MtG-type game could incorporate themes of "mass and size", and what exactly their skills could do.

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg380724#msg380724
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 02:18:28 am »
Bhlewos, let me be the first to congradulate you

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg380765#msg380765
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:30 am »
Hmm. I was hoping one of you would get way more votes than you did. D:
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg380944#msg380944
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »
thanks for the support everyone and good luck bhlewos!
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Bhlewos

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg380969#msg380969
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:52 pm »
Thanks to Numbers, Hyroen, and everyone else as well! And thanks nilsie, same to you. Looking forward to the final match. =]

blarg: