*Author

MrBlonde

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg377878#msg377878
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 10:29:58 am »
Bhwelos -
sense of humor (check)
definitely wants to be master (check)

Besides that... i hate to say this but i don't know much about you (my fault most likely since i don't peruse the forum as much as i used to but averaging 1.8 posts a day isn't bad and you've been around since march so you're new but not super new).

Nils and Numbers show me you want this.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg377919#msg377919
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:16 pm »
Most people says gravity is sh- unupped because it is slow and haves 2 enemies:RT and lobo.Can you show me an unupped gravity(50%) deck that can't be countered by RT and lobo?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg377993#msg377993
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 03:30:32 pm »
Gravity is apparently regarded as having problems when it tries to Mono, and is also known for have self-conflicting cards (Momentum and Sapphire Charger countering Gravity Shield).

What are your thoughts on these statements?

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378012#msg378012
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »
War is a big part of being a Master. This is sort of covered by some of the other questions but I feel that people should not be asking for deck ideas because that completely ruins those ideas for the next war. So my question is this: What do you think past gravity teams have focused on and why that was non-optimal?
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378071#msg378071
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:04 pm »
To be a Master is to embody an Element of Elements the Game. This is a very large responsibility and not all are cut out for the challenge.

For the community to see if you've got what it takes I've designed a series of challenging questions which will test you not only as a contender for the role, but also as a person. Feel free to answer as many or as few as you wish.

I will not ask you what the Element of :gravity Gravity means to you but answer it should you wish to.

Good luck.

Q1.
Gravity has had its good run of Masters. But without a current Master, that role will belong to one of you. Since none of you have been Master before it is prudent that we know what a Master should be like. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.

The questions will only get harder. Brace yourselves.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378086#msg378086
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
o_O So many questions...

@Bhlewos: I can't even spell your username right without reading it, and don't know anything about you. What's your experience, and why Gravity?
Like I (uh, my character) said before my arrest, most of my experience outside of the game consists of providing feedback in card and deck topics. Something I forgot to mention is I've also helped test deck stats, such as the ttw study (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17173.0.html) and (before it sadly fell through) the stall study (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,21568.0.html). As mentioned I also recently joined the mentor program, though I haven't had the chance to do much related to that yet.

As for why Gravity, it was my first element and has always been my favorite thematically.

@all : Ignoring what I've said above, how would you evaluate me as the Master of Gravity during my reign?

@Bhlewos : You're a new player competing against relatively experienced players with decent respect from the community. How are you going to stand against them?
I remember when I was still a newbie and visiting the old wiki (co.cc) for tips -- I saw several decks that IIRC were your ideas (unless someone had a similar name), which helped me out a lot with starting out. So while most of what I know about your reign is secondhand, what I do know about you is what you've done to help us newbies out, and I respect you for that. It's something I hope to aspire to.

As for the second question...well a large part of it is what I'm doing right now. I'm hoping to use this phase to get my message out to people and let them know who I am, and hopefully if I succeed I can make up for my relative anonymity.

Is Gravity in it's purest form in outer space or at the Earth?
Explain.
Yay, a fun question! Hmm...I'd say in outer space. On Earth gravity is more of a constant, something we take for granted. It's only when you get out into the void that you see all these amazing things that owe their existence to gravity. Apart from stuff like black holes (the obvious), you also have things like binary stars which are IMO the coolest types of star systems. And even when you get down to the "mundane", gravity is ubiquitous. Our own Earth and moon, our Solar System, even the galaxies, are all bound by gravitational forces. Gravity is the most prominent in outer space, and IMO that's where it's in its purest form.

Most people says gravity is sh- unupped because it is slow and haves 2 enemies:RT and lobo.Can you show me an unupped gravity(50%) deck that can't be countered by RT and lobo?
Well like Sevs said posting deck ideas might not be such a good idea so I'll refrain from showing the actual decks, I'll just discuss them.
RT: It might seem like a tricky one at first, but one solution I found was Catatitans. By only animating the Titans right before you're about to Catapult them, you can avoid being countered by RT and effectively losing an AW. With the new catapult buff, you only need three Titans for an OTK (base 100 HP at least), so that helps out a lot. The only problem is surviving long enough to get out the catapults and three Titans necessary to win.

Lobo: Again, instant kill methods like Catatitans can circumvent this by not even giving the enemy a chance to Lobo. Besides that, Adrenalined Mercs would be a decent option, since Lobotomizing doesn't remove the Adrenalined status. Still, since most of the Lobotomizer decks will also have Dimensional Shield, Catatitans would be my preferred option.

Gravity is apparently regarded as having problems when it tries to Mono, and is also known for have self-conflicting cards (Momentum and Sapphire Charger countering Gravity Shield).

What are your thoughts on these statements?
I agree. It's not the only element with self-conflicting cards (Firestorm vs. Lava Destroyer/Ruby Dragon etc.), but unlike Fire Gravity doesn't have the advantage of other cards that can power through those (like Phoenix). Until it does though, the self-conflict isn't an impossible problem -- it's just a matter of careful deckbuilding to work around these disadvantages.

War is a big part of being a Master. This is sort of covered by some of the other questions but I feel that people should not be asking for deck ideas because that completely ruins those ideas for the next war. So my question is this: What do you think past gravity teams have focused on and why that was non-optimal?
I don't know enough about the first two Wars to form a valid opinion, but from what I've heard and seen the Gravity team of War #3 attempted to focus in part on rushing with Gravity, which is a tough goal to achieve with all unupped cards. Gravity is a slow element by nature, so in terms of early damage output it currently loses to most of the other elements.

Q1.
Gravity has had its good run of Masters. But without a current Master, that role will belong to one of you. Since none of you have been Master before it is prudent that we know what a Master should be like. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.
A1: I'll quote part of a previous post of mine in response.
Yes, I think so. From what I've learned by observing War #3 and listening to what veterans have said, there's more to being a Master than being good at PvP games. They also have to be good at PR, at being an active member of the community, and being a good leader overall. The latter has played a large role in the last War -- with the different roles that each member in the Team plays, the Master has become less of a strongman of sorts, and more of a manager able to delegate roles and liaise between them, as well as see the big picture. Although my biggest weakness (IMO) is PvP, I believe that's more than compensated by my strengths in other areas -- and during War, deckbuilding and researching is a team effort as much as anything, so my team members and I would be able to work together to do better than I could ever do by myself -- which is what a good team is: a whole greater than the sum of its parts.
To add to the personality portion: A Master should be a leader/manager type -- someone who can balance different personalities and make them work together as a team. A Master should have the devotion and commitment to pour in time and effort for events like War, but at the same time delegate -- pass roles on to other members of his/her team who may be more suited or able to do the job. A Master is only human, and when other commitments come up, they should be able to adapt -- instead of disappearing from Elements or focusing solely on Elements to the detriment of their other commitments, they should find a way to balance their schedule. Giving their job to someone else on the team who has the time is preferred to just abandoning the job entirely.

Bonus A1: Barring Pillars, Pendulums, and Nymphs, I'd say at least 50% -- not necessarily 3 of each card, but different proportions of each. For example, Otyugh and Charger should be mostly upgraded, whereas Titan or Armagio (who have less of a difference between their unupped and upped forms) can be a lower priority. That said, I'm far from meeting the 50% requirement -- I only have 24/84, or about 29%.
Hope that was enough to answer all your questions.

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378167#msg378167
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 09:59:33 pm »
What is your favourite deck, and why?
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378183#msg378183
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
My question :
Comment this card, and give a sample deck using it (no restrictions).
NAME:
Graviton Moon
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
8 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
2 :gravity: Fling: Grant the target creature momentum.
NAME:
Graviton Planet
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
7 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
1 :gravity: Fling: Grant the target creature momentum.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378197#msg378197
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:03 pm »
What is your favourite deck, and why?
I'd have to say either TADAbow (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22518.0.html) or It's A Trap! (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20783.0.html). The former for its versatility and because I love having a little denial in my decks, and the latter because it's a fun deck to play with in PvP.

My question :
Comment this card, and give a sample deck using it (no restrictions).
I love it, in fact I've been voting for it in Crucible for a while now. I see it as similar to Green or Red Nymph in mechanics (the cost is similar as well), except with buffs instead of CC. If added it would be the first of its kind, a permanent with repeatable buffing ability. I see that the obvious concern of its repeatability is addressed as well -- it only grants Momentum, not the +1|+1 associated with it, so it can't be abused to "grow" creatures.

I see it as a nice card to have in decks that are slow to start damage (incidentally, something Gravity has trouble with), and it would also be Gravity's answer to Reverse Time -- has your creature been rewound and lost its buffs? No problem, just play it and buff it again.

Just off the top of my head, this is a sample deck including Graviton Moon | Graviton Planet:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 55o 55o 55o 55o 55o 55o 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 8pn

Unupped shards represent Graviton Moon | Graviton Planet, since I haven't yet figured out how to include "??" cards with the new deck code.

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378340#msg378340
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 03:30:56 am »
Gravity, as we know, currently does not have a master.  What traits do you think a good master has and needs to be successful as a master that you posses?  And explain why.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378362#msg378362
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 05:20:43 am »
Gravity, as we know, currently does not have a master.  What traits do you think a good master has and needs to be successful as a master that you posses?  And explain why.
Answer : Me

nilsie is gonna have a real fun time answering this stack of questions. Thank god I'm out of it.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29685.msg378967#msg378967
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:26 am »
This is less a question, and more advice from a player that specializes in a similar element.

Both Aether and Gravity have one thing in common:

The lack of positive Attack-Quanta creatures.

With Graviton Mercenary being -1,
Sapphire Charger being -1,
Armagio being -4,
and Colossal Dragon being -3...

Gravity has a tough time doing damage on it's own.

Aether gets around this by using it's powerful arsenal of spells (Lightning, Parallel Universe, Fractal) to do damage using other elements.

In your opinion, is it possible to use Gravity in a similar way in order to circumvent your damage difficulties?

blarg: Bhlewos