Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Gravity?

andretimpa
34 (89.5%)
None Worthy
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 02, 2017, 07:06:46 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263200#msg1263200
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:06:46 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on as many of the candidates as he wishes. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263213#msg1263213
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:23:22 pm »
Answers:

Spoiler for kamp:
@ all, but especially the ones who will face STANDIN: Can you build a team that you can lead to victory? I believe this will have the following aspects: Can you yourselves build good decks to beat your opponents? Can you predict and counter them with your element? Can you draft a Team that is a capable of doing that whenever you cant? Will you be able to inspire your teammates to do all in their power to fight for the win in every game? Can you infect others with your enthusiasm for your element (if you have any in the first place)? And most importantly: Will you put the necessary time investment in all those things?

Before I answer the question, I'll be honest and say the chances of me playing in the next War (either as general or soldier) are quite low due to the amount of time I have available (if I win I'll try and make an effort to play Brawl, but that's because I really like the event). Also, even if I had the time to be general, I have no delusions of being able to equal the amazing showing gravity had last war, but I think I could still make it to 5th-6th place (which is still decent given gravity's history). Assuming I had the time for War, these would be my answers:

Can you yourselves build good decks to beat your opponents? I'd say so, from my time in Ginyu's team (War 9) I built these 2 that fared really well and were used throughout the event (I didn't built more because the rest of the team was also doing their work  :P).

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-1-166/%28gravity-lt-%29-andretimpa-3-1-asdfugio-%28entropy-sld-%29/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-2-167/%28gravity-tinkerer%29-andretimpa-3-0-odii-odsen-%28fire-sideboarder%29/

Can you predict and counter them with your element? I can build good counters when I have good predictions (see decks above). The problem is that I'm not the best mindgater around.

Can you draft a Team that is a capable of doing that whenever you cant? I'd need one or two people that are better at predictions than I am, which is not that hard to find amongst the people that join War.

Will you be able to inspire your teammates to do all in their power to fight for the win in every game? Yes, I can motivate a team through hell, just ask anyone that played with me in Brawls 3 and 4 for confirmation.

Can you infect others with your enthusiasm for your element? I have not been in a single War team where this happened, and that's not how I'd motivate them.

And most importantly: Will you put the necessary time investment in all those things? see the beggining of my answer.

Spoiler for Zya:
What's your reason for joining the element you're trilling for?
If you become master, what are your plans in war and brawl?

I like gravity, as you can guess (it's my 3rd trial for it, after all), but what made me join this time was trying to prevent Scibra from being general again (we don't need a repeat of that).

I don't have the time anymore to lead a team in War, so I'd pick someone I trust to be general in my place. I'll however make an effort to be a boss on next Brawl.

Spoiler for Bas:
For everyone that Trials for their favourite element:
  • What is your second favourite element?
  • If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element? (Quite unlikely, but hey :silly:)
    For the sake of argument, assume that you are not a WM yourself, just in case you're thinking 'I'm a WM, there's no way the WMs will approach me to Gen'.
:time . I wouldn't consider it, but that's because I'm not planning to play in the next War anyway. If that was out of the way I'd have no problems (I even played with time already in War 7)

Spoiler for Zaw:
Some great questions from before:

What does your element represent and mean to you outside of the gameplay? What has it done for you, and what would you do for it as a Master?

@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)

Also, if you were made a Trials Overseer this trials, what would you have done differently?

On that note, do you wish to ever become Trials Overseer?

Higu copypaste Since you copypasted that question, I'll copypaste an answer I gave that fits well  :sillyspin:

Without gravity, there'd be no Sun, no Earth, no us. Worse of all, there'd be no EtG.
Even if you turned it off now, the sun would explode. If you were outdoors you'd be slingshot by earth's rotation (it would look to you as if you were floating and the ground was moving away) into deep space and die. If you were lucky enough to be indoors you'd still die because the atmosphere would also be slingshot into space and you would soon asfixiate. If you were fast enough to reach for an O2 tube you'd still die due to decompression. Even if by some weird reason humans built a giant bubble around the planet we'd still die from the freezing temperatures that would follow in a few days. On the other hand, if you were lucky enough to be an astronaut in mission at the time you can take comfort on the fact that you'll live for a while longer, drifting aimlessly through space and with no place to come back to.

So, yeah ... I kinda like that we have gravity :P

about what I'd do for gravity, the in game element. I'd guarantee that we have a decent general and try to win another Brawl with it (time permitting).

Jenk copypaste I'd say I did a slightly better job at phase 1 than last trials and a lousier one in phase 2. I did some ban mistakes with Naii and a missplay that cost me a game vs Vine, but overall if you scaled the phase 1 points (that were very different in both trials) I'm in more or less the same score. Nothing much to add.

actually Zaw These are mostly complaints (echoed by some already). The whole thing with being able to vote for more than one person in phase 3 is silly. The information for preparing for phase 2 was all over the place, I had to open 5 different threads to compile the information I needed to decide my bans. No I don't want to be a TrO.

Spoiler for DC:
@All: What does being a Master mean? What kind of traits will you exemplify as a Master?

@All: Pick a character, real or fictional, to personify yourself. Justify your answer.

As a master, you are the face of your element. You should be mostly someone that other people can look up to and be able to help people to understand your element better. It's not such a tall order, I think I represent these 2 main traits.

My character is Stick Man (click for obscure reference (OC do not steal)). Because we are both skinny and we are both awesome

Spoiler for Onion:

:sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin: :sillyspin:

Spoiler for joey:
if you had to rank past gravity masters, how would you rank them?

Ginyu > www > Laxa > GG > nilsie > jumbalumba > Scibra

Spoiler for Val:
How does it feel not having any competitors, other than STANDIN? Are you a little anxious about facing this STANDIN or think it's a hurdle that you can vault over?

Also, what would you think being detached from gravity would be like? Just out in limbo, a feeling with even more... lack of gravity than even outer space...

The main reason I joined trials this time was to prevent Scibra from becoming general. It's nice when problems solve themselves :silly: . About if I can beat STANDIN, that depends a lot on who STANDIN is.

Being in a limbo, with even less gravity than outer space sounds incredibly boring.

Spoiler for Aves:
You are given the ability to cast Challenger Gravity Pull, a spell that yoinks between 2 and 4 challengers from other elements into gravity. Who do you choose, and why? Assume that elemental preference/skill is also converted.

I'll translate this question as "Who do you think are the 4 more promissing challengers this trials?". In no particular order, but doing my best to pick at most one from each trial

• Vine
  • Spiel
  • torn between Jenk and Hyro

Spoiler for kamp 2:
How do you intend to choose the General that will lead Gravity in War if you win your Battle?

I'll first try to invite someone I think will do well (I have some names in mind). If that fails I'll ask for volunteers (kinda like Root) and choose one of them. If no one decent applies I'll leave it to the council.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:09:56 pm by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263309#msg1263309
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:30:48 am »
How does it feel not having any competitors, other than STANDIN? Are you a little anxious about facing this STANDIN or think it's a hurdle that you can vault over?

Also, what would you think being detached from gravity would be like? Just out in limbo, a feeling with even more... lack of gravity than even outer space...
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263317#msg1263317
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 04:54:17 am »
You are given the ability to cast Challenger Gravity Pull, a spell that yoinks between 2 and 4 challengers from other elements into gravity. Who do you choose, and why? Assume that elemental preference/skill is also converted.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263333#msg1263333
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:01:26 am »
if you had to rank past gravity masters, how would you rank them?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263421#msg1263421
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 07:50:27 pm »
How do you intend to choose the General that will lead Gravity in War if you win your Battle?
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263441#msg1263441
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 02:30:07 pm »
Answers up to date. I don't guarantee answering any new questions.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64513.msg1263492#msg1263492
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 08:26:21 pm »
get rekt, none worthy :sillyspin:

anything
blarg: