furballdn
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:43:50 pm

*Author

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011941#msg1011941
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »
Same questions for each candidate:

Do you think it is possible to bring back the glory of the old days in war? In my opinion, fire is no longer the powerhouse it used to be. Of all the candidates, Kami and Naps should know this best- they were there when fire was at its full glory.
Would you think the meta got more hostile towards what fire is aiming to do? Do you think fire's gameplay focus has shifted over the course of time? Do you think quanta capping has a lot to do with it, or is it just another factor among others?

What deck archetype do you see as the biggest "problem deck" for fire in war?

Bring back the Glory? Even something as Glorious as what Fire is needs to take a rest. That does not mean it is gone, just that it is kind enough to let the others shine even a fraction brighter than before. The game is not more hostile towards Fire, in fact it is the other way around. The players have grown too calm around Fire. Fire was largely considered overpowered most of the early game, and even now receives such complaints. But truthfully a well made Fire deck still climbs the ranks of the arena and PVP. But dominating everywhere with a fire deck is seen as something very negative. Nowadays, Fire decks get downvoted so greatly that people are haphazardly creating weaker Fire decks in hopes of receiving just a few more thumbs up. Fire hasn't grown dimmer, no, it is those who wield Fire that have grown cautious.

Deck archtypes huh? Bonewall. That is a major problem for Fire. Deflag can barely scratch it. And Fire might be able to pull out some creatures fast, it is one of the more limited in how many creatures it can pull out. Without a good duo, bonewall based decks can hold up a very strong defense against us.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011948#msg1011948
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

Do you think it is possible to bring back the glory of the old days in war? In my opinion, fire is no longer the powerhouse it used to be. Of all the candidates, Kami and Naps should know this best- they were there when fire was at its full glory.
Would you think the meta got more hostile towards what fire is aiming to do? Do you think fire's gameplay focus has shifted over the course of time? Do you think quanta capping has a lot to do with it, or is it just another factor among others?

Yes. I too feel like Fire has had some of it's power diminished over time or at the very least, it has needed to seek out answers to new threats. There have been many new changes aimed, at least in some measure, to specifically hinder Fire. I feel that this is largely a result of Fire winning 2 Wars, one of which feels almost accidental looking back. Do I feel it is possible to win again? Absolutely. Despite the changes, Fire still ranks among the best. The worst place ever taken by Team Fire is 5th, which is among the top half. With appropriate strategy and deckbuilding, along with a little blessing from RNG, I definitely think Fire still has what it takes to be the best. I don't necessarily think Fire has changed so much, but that the metagame in general has changed a lot. From my experience in War 4, it seems like Elements has transitioned into more of a Stall based game, or at the very least trended towards slower decks, a change with which I still haven't necessarily come to terms with. And yes, I do think that the quanta cap has at least something to do with the loss of performance. Both Fire Bolt AND Fahrenheit do not appreciate it. However I'm not certain this can be entirely to blame. One thing that should not be overlooked is the current lack of a single Immolation -> single Phoenix combo. And if you really get down to it, I feel that War has been explored to a fuller extent than when Fire won. In War 1, I don't think there was much of a doubt that Team Fire had superior decks and tactics. Since then, many of their basic ideas have been employed by virtually every team (Example: NovaGraboid Rush) and one might even argue that the common counters to Fire have similarly spread. One might say that the playing field has become more even, down to an RPS match in some cases. (Excuse me if this is being too tenacious.)

As for problem archetypes, the answer that comes vividly to mind are all the blasted Bonewall and Poison 'stalls'. Pandebonium has long been a Bane to Fire, as well as many other variations including the duo with Earth, Aether, and even Air. It seems to me that Fire does not naturally want to break a strong Stall like those mentioned, nor does it seem to have the tools do so since the addition of the quanta cap (Fahrenheit and/or Fire Bolt were once able to sneak a victory out of the most hopeless of situations).
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011965#msg1011965
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 12:47:06 am »
Updated with answers to Acsabi44's and Laxadarap's questions.

Also, thank you very much to everyone who is voting for me. Knowing that I have support for this truly means a lot for me, and I will try my very best to not let you guys down.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1012072#msg1012072
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »

True, but war leadership is something else which many current and past masters (imho) are not very good at (sorry if i'm being a bit rude).

Hain, I will slap you with a large trout if you are referring to me...

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1012089#msg1012089
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 05:04:51 pm »
I don't honestly know much about anyone here, so here's what I had to go on.

4. Glennfoo - Uhm...I know nothing about you.

For the sake of tradition I would have voted for Naps, but desire for new blood / her desiring not-votes = GOGOGO Furball

Unless you are involved in budokan and last war, I don't think you know anything about me. My bad though.. since I only joined the forum few months ago. As starters, you can just imagine me as someone who really likes fire element. hopefully you will know me better as time passes by..

I am only involved in war 5, so I have not much to say in this. But Fire manage to get top 3 last war, and we actually survive till the second last round. Had we not predicted wrongly in one of the rounds, our powerful decks would have lasted longer and perhaps won us the war. So Fire does not lose out yet at all. In previous wars when the meta is more limited, Fire has an advantage, but in the current meta, Fire is still a powerful element.

Fire has shifted a little more towards the stall playstyle, unlike in the past where Fire is more popular with rushes. But that does not mean Fire cannot rush. It is still one of the top element to rush ever. however, the nerf to immolation which cause the phoenix unable to be played directly on the same turn really hurts the rush a lot. however, about the quanta cap, it may hurt firestall a little, but in war 5, I do not recall any of our firestall decks ever reaching 75 quanta, so to me, it does not really make a difference at all. most of the time, the matches would have been over at 40+ fire quanta like that. so in my point of view, it is the nerf to immolation that hurts.

I think it depends on your opponents deck, since if it is a counter to your fire deck, there is nothing much you can do. But most of the time, bonewall based deck with cc gives us a lot of headache, since fire creatures are brittle. some of the fire creatures are really costly, and it take time to beat down a bonewall since you need a lot if quanta to summon them. truly among other elements, i really feel death is really deadly to fire, since a simple plague could kill almost all our creatures, and the skull shield is really a bane to our glass cannon.

Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1012138#msg1012138
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 09:54:00 pm »
I suppose it is time for me to do my introduction. Just imagine I did something fancy with my hands as you stare at this:

That is I, Kami, original Master of Fire. The human Hephaestus who pioneered the way for all other Fire Masters after me.

Many of you will remember me from one of the old councils and my flawless campaign:

For all others that still need more information on just who I am, continue reading.

First Master of Fire, original bringer of Forum Games, Competition Organizer. Just a few of the many traits that make up this entity known as Kamietsu. I was one of the few that helped shape the earlier stages of this forum, bringing out potential in various areas so that we could have the joyous and comforting community that we have now. But what's that? You haven't heard of me? You have only occasionally seen my traditional fire pony avatar but know nothing more of me? 'How could this be?' you are no doubt asking yourself. The answer to that is simply. it is because of something we all have but sometimes overlook: Life. no not the Element, silly. This is all about fire. I mean the life we are all given. It is both a blessing and a curse for many of us, as we have to devote time in the real world to it. Selfishly taking away precious time to be here on this forum, I had to strive to eat, to breathe, to survive so that I may return here once more. And I have. I have returned! you can see how the forum is beginning to flourish once more. I cannot take all the credit for that, only a good portion of it as it can be no coincidence that activity is beginning to slightly pick up now that I am back.

If this is not enough for you to know me, then please, do meet me in the chat room and we can discuss a great many of topics. Some of my favorites include: Pokemon: Just which one is the strongest?, Doctor Who: Time Lord Extraordinaire, Video Games and Their Positive Influence on Humankind, and Elements: Fire's Awesome Properties.

I'm a kind and soulful individual, minus the soul, who gets along with all types of fellows and maidens. I may not always try my hardest, but I always try to try my hardest. I'm usually most generous and giving when someone asks something of me and am more than willing to lend a helping hand. So please, before you cast your vote for another, drop by the chat or send me a PM and get to know me personally. 
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1012139#msg1012139
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »
Hain, I will slap you with a large trout if you are referring to me...

Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1012145#msg1012145
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:01 pm »
That is I, Kami, original Master of Fire. The human Hephaestus who pioneered the way for all other Fire Masters after me.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1013281#msg1013281
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »
Grats Glenn
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1013293#msg1013293
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 02:11:38 pm »
Rofl, Poofy xD
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1013309#msg1013309
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »
Wow, close poll.congrats!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1013319#msg1013319
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »
Grats Glenn

Thank you Absol. And thank you to all supporters who help and support me to the finals. I will try my best :)
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

blarg: