17 (27.9%)
furballdn
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:43:50 pm

*Author

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011795#msg1011795
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:59:33 am »
Ok, I think it's time to ask my questions, but you've allready kind of started talking about one of them.

I personally love that Seraph was added into fire, and I see it as a lot more than just a glass cannon (in upped play).  What are your opinions on it?

Build me the most versatile fire duo you can in unupped play (upped play is a lot of RPS).  It should be able to stallbreak, rush, or stall.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011798#msg1011798
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 07:33:07 am »
Ok, I think it's time to ask my questions, but you've allready kind of started talking about one of them.

I personally love that Seraph was added into fire, and I see it as a lot more than just a glass cannon (in upped play).  What are your opinions on it?

Build me the most versatile fire duo you can in unupped play (upped play is a lot of RPS).  It should be able to stallbreak, rush, or stall.

Well I guess I can write off your vote, lol. As I have always said, I just do not like Seraph. I feel like it lacks a place of its own in Fire and overlaps with both Phoenix and Dragon. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that there are many things I would like to 'fix' about the Fire element and the addition of Seraph was akin to throwing a monkey wrench into my intellectual gearbox.

Most versatile Fire Duo? The first thing that comes to mind is Stall Faster as it can perform all three relatively well. Unfortunately, that is a Mono and it's much harder to come up with Duos. ::)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
58u 58u 58u 590 590 593 593 593 596 596 596 596 5f0 5f0 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 8pm

Otherwise I suppose something like this is all that comes to mind. With the ability to spit out fast creatures, slow down opponents, and deny quanta, this is about the only Duo I've seen to do all three.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:38:31 am by ~Napalm »
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline hainkarga

• hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011806#msg1011806
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:48 am »
Going to say it openly; among these candidates, i think furballdn would be the best master of fire.

Not because i like/know her but because she will most likely be a more active general, has good pvp xp, seems to be more eager to take the job. Also she seems to be more stable & solid than other candidates in competitional leadership properties.

Can others convince me otherwise ?

Yes, my single vote isn't much but your reply may change others' votes as well as people preferring to be in your team in the future. Plus, i'll like you :)
Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011842#msg1011842
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »
Finally done. When in chat someone told me I am going to write essays, I never truly understands. I cannot believe I am taking so much time just to answer these simple questions. But I am serious when I am writing this. Happy reading

If you were to change one fire card in game, which would it be and how would you change it?

I will change the Fire Spirit card. I am not sure if anyone notice, but how often do you see the card being played. I checked in the favourite fire card section, and I have never seen the card being voted. It is rare to even see it being played in pvp. I only occasionally see it being played in arena, and that is because fire spirit is the oracle card. fire creatures are supposed to be high damage and brittle, but it is on the field with only 0 attack, whereas fire spectre is faster by 1 turn with starting attack of 2. But even then, it is very much overshadowed by the golems. at least forest spectre will become resistant as time goes. Of course, fire spirit/spectre will have high damage as time goes by, but it is too slow unlike other cards and too vulnerable to creature control. if this card is to be used as an immofodder, i think ash eater is better since it has low cost. even using fire spirit as the immofolder may slow down the deck a little. perhaps you disagree, but seriously, if u r playing immolation, lava golems and phoenix are much better than using immolation to cast fire spirit. and ash eater works better if u plan to use it as immofodder. Brimstone eater when upped will at least supply the player with further fire quanta while dealing damage itself. In conclusion, I will change the fire spirit if I have the chance.

I actually feel like changing the whole card already. to be honest, I actually plan to change the fire spirit to cast spell instead of dealing physical attack, something like a psion. So far, only psion has this ability, and to me I actually think it is an interesting concept. an unupped fire spirit will cost 3 fire quanta, and its attack is 3/1. i will imagine it like minifirebolt cannon on the field. immolation will at least allow only 2 of this cards to be released. for fire spectre, its attack will be 4/1 but costs 4 fire quanta to cast. So cremation will also casts 2 of these creatures to be out only. minor phoenix also has 4/1 stats, but at least it only cost 2 quanta. 1 phoenix cost 7 quanta but deals 7 damage. so in short the damage difference is not too big, but at least it make fire spirit/spectre useful. Besides, when you see a monofire deck, you expect firebolt, so with this ability given to the fire spirit/spectres, it still does not actually make too much a difference. This is my thought.

To all candidates: Create an effective deck which uses 5-6 copies of Fire Spirit (unupped please). 8)

The Forest, the Forest, the Forest is on fire
5c3 5c4 5c5 5c5 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f3 5f3 5f3 5f3 5f3 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 8pn

I am trying to make something unique and hopefully not thought of. I checked in the forum and I have not see this idea of mitofirespirit being used yet. (I believe so) since I am the 4th person to post this, I want to make something entirely different. I am trying to utilise  fire spirit as the only creature and not using any OP cards in the meta. So I come up with this. As you can see, fire spirit is really weak to cc, and the only solution is quint it. so there is not much difference in this deck of mine. It is vulnerable to cc. however, with the mitospirit, it gives it the ability to heal over time with the help of empathy.  Fire and Life has not much synergy compare to some other element, so I am trying to make a duo with this. fire spirit has low cost and can keep increasing its attack power with only little mana, so it can act as a stall breaker too. mass heal and also a stall breaker. however, if you suspect opponents are using shield or other permanent that may harm the spirit, like thorn, fireshield etc etc, then cast mitosis to a 0 attack spirit, and keep multiplying from there. depending on your opponent, you can change the 2 explosions to rage potion, or firebolt. but firebolt is not that necessary unless, u keep the quanta and grow the spirits later. emerald shield if against psion and thorn carapace for its won cc. the key cards here are the mitosis and the empathy bond.

Glenn: How will you do War#6 if you become the General?

I hope to make war 6 an enjoyable time for my team. I prefer my teammates to be someone who love fire like myself. It would be nice to rally all the fire supporters together. I plan to give chance to new players as well. well have to admit, I will not choose all my teammates to be veterans. I want to give some new players a chance in war. As long as they love fire and have some experience playing those typical fire decks like firestall, immorush,  I will consider them, since that is the way I join my first war.  In all honesty, I think I myself will be learning a lot from my own team members, since there will be some veterans i will pick to help me in my decision. I am sure there will be tons of pvp skills i will gain from them as well. I hope the drama last time will not occur, and though in war, there is no helping it when drama happens, I hope everything can be resolved without much problems. there is only 1 team that can win, but there is no limit to the number of teams who can learn and and enjoy the war. If anything, I want my team to really enjoy war, and make new friends, just like I did in War 5.  This is my plan to approach War 6 in the first place. I dare not make any further suggestions or plans which I cannot keep, nor do I have any ideas how War 6 will turn out to be. I must manage my time well, and I hope my teammates did the same too. Priorities must be given to Real Life, and I do not want my teammates to be stressed or burnt out. It happen to me last war and I know how it feels.  I hope this satisfy you Absol and for others who supported me as well. This is true from my heart as I typed this out.

what would you say is the top 3 elements to duo fire with and why?
p.s. .. fire/fire is not a duo ;D

First of all, I will say  :aether 
spark, can be a good immofodder in an immorush deck, besides giving a slight boost in attack. since it has no cost, it is really useful
lightning, for further cc fire has already have. packed rage potion and lightning, and see how your deck can turn out. you may start slow, but you will catch up real soon
parallel universe, fire creatures has high attack and needs quite an amout of quanta. but parallel universe will give a good surprise attack and break a stall. just imagine PUruby dragons deck
dimensional shield, haha... what else to say about this :p
fractal, with minor phoenix, go go chickens :p    remember mrpaper??
taken from hainkarga in war    
silence, fire creatures has low attack, so vulnerable to cc. stop opponents from playing cards, and see where the fire creatures do to your opponent.
 :aether definitely one of the top element with fire

second, it is  :earth
gnome riders are perfect immofolder, not to mention they help give quanta to the golems to grow
titanium shield plus stone skin, can be used in a firestall. pack all the cc u have and deck your opponent out. If all fails , just bolt him :p
graboid, in a nova with immolation, graboid certainly gives great damage
earthquake, almost all element has synergy with card, fire is no exception
basilisk blood, slow down your opponent for 6 turns, and u rush your opponent with fire. can even add in with firestall
pack this with iridium warden in your golem deck, and you are good too :)
 :earth is a good duo with fire

third is  :light
photon, again a useful immofodder since it has no cost
guardian angel, make them angry and you shall see. angels with hot fire nymphs... hmm interesting right mrpaper :P
blessing, fire creatures are weak so blessed them and they are no longer glass cannons, perfect to break a stall if used with dragons or seraph. and of course, seraph needs the light quanta to be immortal
crusader, well maybe not as good as vampire sader or titansader, but knights wielding farenheit impresses me.. and of course do not look down on them
sanctuary and miracle, what else should I talk about this famous fire stall deck
yup  :light is another one

hope this pleases you mrpaper, with my lame attempts of a few jokes. well you know all this better, you are my mentor in war after all  :)

Fire bolt is widely recognized as one of the most powerful cards in the game.  A big part of this is its versatility - it can be used early to take out a cheap creature that's vital to your opponent's strategy, or late to take out dragons or even Titans if multiples are used.  It can even be used to deal the final blow to your opponent, or OTK them with five or six.  If you had to nerf Fire Bolt and/or Fire Lance, how would you do it?

Firebolt has received a huge nerf in the past. at most now it can only deal 24 damage. when I first played elements, my firebolt can reach 30+ damage for a kill. with the quanta cap to only 75, I think it is a huge nerf already. It is this card I think that make firestalls a good deck, and nerfing this will further make firebolt useless since we have rage potion to kill almost anything on the field. but since it is a question and i have to answer, hmmm, i will suggest like this. firebolt can damage opponent but cannot otk opponent, where it will always leave opponent with 1 hp.
 that means, even if opponent has 2 hp left and u have 75 quanta for the firebolt, your firebolt will only deal 1 damage, leaving opponent with 1 hp for creatures or permanents to finish him off. It will make dim shield even more op i think, but at least, with that extra turn, you can still do something for yourself. firestalls will need some other spells like poison, or farenheit, or some creatures to give the final kill

same here. I actually like seraph to be added. before I change to my current avatar, I am using seraph holding a farenheit avatar. I play seraph with shards of wisdom, shards of freedom and shards of bravery and these shards suit seraph well in this shards meta. Even without shards,  I prefer using seraph since it cost 9 quanta but able to deal 12 damage when upgraded just like a crimson dragon. ruby dragon is a little too quanta heavy in my opinion. seraph adds some flavor in the mono fire I am playing.

I think I cannot say which kind of fire duo is the most versatile, since I prefer to play in one concept. Each duo I make is specific for 1 purpose normally, so to have a duo that can stall, rush and break a stall, i think of this.
to break a stall, well earthquake is one of the deadly card.
golems themselves can rush and break a stall when they are growing.
Iridium wardens will be useful to break opponents rush as well, so it helps to stall temporarily

593 593 593 593 596 596 596 596 596 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 8pm

Going to say it openly; among these candidates, i think furballdn would be the best master of fire.
Not because i like/know her but because she will most likely be a more active general, has good pvp xp, seems to be more eager to take the job. Also she seems to be more stable & solid than other candidates in competitional leadership properties.
Yes, my single vote isn't much but your reply may change others' votes as well as people preferring to be in your team in the future. Plus, i'll like you :)

Why?? No love for the new player here?? Just teasing
well, i am not sure how to convince you since furbs is earlier in the forums than me. But just to remind ( hopefully you have forgotten, then this can be a good merit  :P )
 I join the forum around the time budokan is held, and I have been showing how much I like fire I think? PvP wise, I become the Fire champion in budokan, and win all my support matches in war. You are in budokan too right? so I believe you still remember. If anything, hopefully these can convince you? I know I have much to learn, and I have been lucky in my matches so far. I do not know who seems more eager for the mastership, me or furbs, but ever since furbs declare in chat he is stalking me, I guess I too have been stalking him?? and yup your single vote is important to me, so here I am trying to gain one  :D
 I dare not make a promise I cannot keep, but I will try my best not to disappoint anyone.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:20:16 pm by glennfoo »
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011843#msg1011843
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:15 pm »

I agree that furball would be more active, but glennfoo also has good pvp experience and has been a fan of Fire since the day he joined the forum.  I see glennfoo as a superior choice to furball because he matches the pvp experience of furball while also bringing his love of the element to the table, and I really don't see that from furball.

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011871#msg1011871
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:14 pm »
Thanks cheesy111 :)

I have updated the answers above. have to save part by part in case of connection problems and having all my answers deleted. I will answer future questions after this post. thanks for anyone who is supporting me as well. I will try my best.
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline hainkarga

• hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011874#msg1011874
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply glenn. I appreciate that.

I agree that furball would be more active, but glennfoo also has good pvp experience and has been a fan of Fire since the day he joined the forum.  I see glennfoo as a superior choice to furball because he matches the pvp experience of furball while also bringing his love of the element to the table, and I really don't see that from furball.

True, but war leadership is something else which many current and past masters (imho) are not very good at (sorry if i'm being a bit rude). If my priority was dedication and love to the element, i would rank furball behind both napalm and glenn. But my current ranking is based on being the stronger master, hence, 1- furball 2- kamietsu  for the sake of the glory of the element in the forums and in WAR. I might be wrong tho.

That being said, fire has pretty good master candidates. All of them.
Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011877#msg1011877
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply glenn. I appreciate that.

True, but war leadership is something else which many current and past masters (imho) are not very good at (sorry if i'm being a bit rude). If my priority was dedication and love to the element, i would rank furball behind both napalm and glenn. But my current ranking is based on being the stronger master, hence, 1- furball 2- kamietsu  for the sake of the glory of the element in the forums and in WAR. I might be wrong tho.

That being said, fire has pretty good master candidates. All of them.

Honestly, I don't think we should take WAR as the base for our Master of :fire votes. Fire has already won 2 wars, winning another one won't make such an impact. I think what fire foremost needs are new and enthusiastic people who can support that element and to make team fire more sympathetic towards the rest of the commuinty. Yes, I am going to vote for glennfoo. :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011896#msg1011896
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 08:14:53 pm »
what would you say is the top 3 elements to duo fire with and why?
p.s. .. fire/fire is not a duo ;D

Death, Darkness, and Earth. I know my opinions vary some from my other Fire-mates but for good reason indeed.

Death: Fire is a powerful element. No one can rightfully deny that. But it is dangerous in a reckless manner. Sacrificing the potential to strive long periods of time, it focuses on quick and precise offense. Death only accentuates the destructive power. While Fire burns away at your body, Death does its damage from the inside slowly poisoning you away until there is nothing left. With cheap poison costs, it easily makes up for any terrible luck of the draw. It wittles down your opponents health until you can bring out the real guns and blow them away. No to mention, combining Fire with one of the games most effectively rage inducing shields, Bone Wall, helps keep you alive long.

Darkness: Darkness piles on to the destructive potential that is Fire. But it also gives Fire what it needs most to stay alive long, health. Utilizing Vampires and Stilettos while stealing your opponents best permanents helps keep you alive and them struggling to get ahead. Combined with Deflags, Fire Bolt, Drain Life, Firestorm, it would be hard for your opponent to keep any damage on the field.

Earth: Earth is the most obvious choice, already a wonderful duo with Fire. But thanks to more recent additions, Earth is even stronger of an accent to Fire. With Earthquakes, Iridium Warriors, and Basilisk Bloods you can keep your opponent from doing much of anything. That's when you send out your powerful Fire creatures and burn them to a crisp. Immolate some of your creatures to give yourself some Time to evolve those powerful Graboids and what your opponent helplessly try anything to get by.

Fire bolt is widely recognized as one of the most powerful cards in the game.  A big part of this is its versatility - it can be used early to take out a cheap creature that's vital to your opponent's strategy, or late to take out dragons or even Titans if multiples are used.  It can even be used to deal the final blow to your opponent, or OTK them with five or six.  If you had to nerf Fire Bolt and/or Fire Lance, how would you do it?

A quick and easy way to help balance the power of Fire Bolt is to add more to its cost. But there is a large downside to this. It might take an extra turn or two for a mostly Fire deck to bring it out(which admittedly could make the entire duel), but for most other elements this hurts it more. The cheap cost for it makes it very versatile in any deck willing to splash a little Fire for it. Making Fire have a few more quanta before being able to play isn't too much of an impact. So my final decision would be to lower the damage output to 2 damage per 10 fire quanta. This would make it a little underpowered then compared to the others so I would add a poison-like effect to it. Fire bolt would burn the target creature/elemental. Burn would be a status similar to poison except that it wears off in 2-5 turns. This way the damage output is similar to how it used to be but spread out across multiple turns.

To Kami and furball: Why u no post in red.

To differentiate myself from my challengers. Also out of respect. Napalm is the one whom always uses red when most, or even least, necessary. Drenching my text in red would feel as if I were trying to copy her and be someone I am not.

I enjoy Seraph. Though its ability and low HP can make it more of a liability than an asset at first, since you have to wait a full turn before you can use the ability, it is also almost as powerful attack wise as a dragon but cheaper. This makes it an obvious choice for some quick Immo fed destruction in place of a Dragon Rush. I do feel Seraph could benefit a lot more if its ability could target other creatures though. Then it could be offensive and defensive, such as battling an opponent that relies on beefing up his creatures. You could simple protect one of his creatures until you have the ability to get rid of it with a nicely placed Fire bolt.

5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f6 5f6 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fe 5fe 5gi 5gi 5gi 5l9 5l9 5li 5li 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 8pq

This deck helps protect your hand and quanta as well as keeps you alive long enough to out heal a fair amount of damage. By the time your opponent can outdamage your healing you should have a good amount of damage to hit back with. Once you have most of your Sancs out you can save up for a Miracle and keep your Seraphs protected. Or you can just say "To Hell with it" And start bringing out your Phoenixes ASAP.

No, I cannot and will not try to convince you otherwise. That will be up to you to decide as all of the facts are being laid out on the table. There will be no wrong choice, and no incorrect victor of these trials. If I lose I will know I lost to the best and I can sleep happily at night.

╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011919#msg1011919
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 09:50:31 pm »
I don't honestly know much about anyone here, so here's what I had to go on.

1. Furbs - This guy (girl? idk.) is everywhere, very active, helpful and dedicated to the community.
2. Napalm - Very kind from what I've seen, skilled, but...Specifically told us to not vote for her, basically? Alright..
3. Kamietsu - You run some events and seem cool.
4. Glennfoo - Uhm...I know nothing about you.

For the sake of tradition I would have voted for Naps, but desire for new blood / her desiring not-votes = GOGOGO Furball
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline ~Napalm

• ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011922#msg1011922
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »

Well I feel a bit like Kami here. I don't feel like I want to convince you otherwise. But for the sake of argument, I would submit that of the four, I'm the only one that has been a General before. As a General, I've done some things right and many things wrong, but at least I have an idea of what they are and can actively go forward with steps towards improvement.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44399.msg1011935#msg1011935
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »
Same questions for each candidate:

Do you think it is possible to bring back the glory of the old days in war? In my opinion, fire is no longer the powerhouse it used to be. Of all the candidates, Kami and Naps should know this best- they were there when fire was at its full glory.
Would you think the meta got more hostile towards what fire is aiming to do? Do you think fire's gameplay focus has shifted over the course of time? Do you think quanta capping has a lot to do with it, or is it just another factor among others?

What deck archetype do you see as the biggest "problem deck" for fire in war?

[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

anything
blarg: