*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254170#msg254170
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:18:02 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254182#msg254182
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »
      Why vote for? I believe being a Master is really about three things:

Availability
      • I’ve been active since the old forums.
      • I’m very active in chat; I’m probably there about 50 hours per week.
      • The time I’ve spent on the wiki and in the Fire War forum speak volumes.
      PvP Experience
      • Three tourney wins (and thus three Fire Marks)
      • Placed in Champions League
      • Took 2nd in several other tourneys and PvP Events
      • Won the Masters Tournament.
      Fire Experience
      • Proud member of the victorious Team Fire during the first War.
      • Led Team Fire to the second best win/loss ratio during the second War.
      • Furthermore, the team I drafted was never penalized and only once required a substitute
        (under unusual circumstances).
      • Unlike some other challengers, I’ve never considered being a Master of another element. I
        belong in the position I currently have, leading Fire back to glory in the third War.
      Sorry, I tried to keep this brief. Thanks for your time and vote kevkev60614! :fire :fire :fire

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254186#msg254186
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »
First off, I would suggest not voting for me.  My chances of winning are really slim.  The other two could really use the extra cards depending on who you think should be the Fire Master/Mistress.  So with that out of the way, who should you vote for?

Well, both players are worthy in my opinion.  Napalm is a talented and fun luvin' gal.  She has War experience and a growing PvP experience.  We don't know yet her leadership and organizational skills which are critical for War, but I think she would do alright.  Overall, I think it would be a lot of fun to work with her in the War.

However, I think kevkev is a great choice as well.  He's got as much or more PvP experience and skill.  He puts a lot of time into crafting and fine-tuning his decks.  I'm talking about calculating probabilities of drawing cards and then extrapolating his quanta production/usage from that.  He seems to be very much detail-oriented which is an absolute plus when it comes to War.  Of course, he has shown himself to be a capable leader as well.  And at the same time, he's a fun guy to be around.

Both are very active and I'm sure Fire would benefit in different ways.  They're both skilled, smart, and fun and I wouldn't be disappointed to have either as Master/Mistress.  But my vote goes to kevkev.  Good luck to both of you.

Edit: I'll be gone very likely till Thursday so I may not respond to any questions.

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254195#msg254195
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:19 pm »
Damn it you guys answered my questions already  :(.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254234#msg254234
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »
I'm going to steal this post before more ninja's get meh before I can find a good speechy thingy to put in here. For your amusement, I shall post a few comics :D

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254318#msg254318
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:49 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Fire symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254323#msg254323
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »
What types of cards does Fire need in game to finish covering the Element Fire?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254351#msg254351
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:01:00 pm »
Many people see Fire as destruction and evil. How could you prove them wrong?

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254379#msg254379
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:20:41 pm »
What does Fire symbolise for you?
Raw power, damage and destruction.

What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
My vision is simple:  win the War.  Once my vision is complete, I'll develop a new vision:  win the next War.  Team Fire fell short of my expectations for the second War (2nd in win/loss ratio), and that falls on me.  For the third War I'll need to be more proactive, organized, and anal-retentive than I was last time around.  And to that end I started preparing for the third War mid-way through the second War.  I've spent a little time every day since, and I just hope to be given the opportunity to put all this work to good use.

What types of cards does Fire need in game to finish covering the Element Fire?
You could add a little icing, but the cake is already done imo.  zanz burnt it, but I still like the taste.

Many people see Fire as destruction and evil. How could you prove them wrong?
There's nothing evil about it.  But fire is about destruction.  Revel in it.   :fire :fire :fire

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254665#msg254665
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 11:49:48 pm »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

I'm sensing a lot of tension in this thread. Let's loosen that up with my second random question. :D

Q: How would you react if an angry 68-year old woman tried to set you on fire?  :o

I had a dream about an old lady setting some poor guy on fire a few days ago, which inspired this question.  :-[

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254669#msg254669
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 11:52:37 pm »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

I'm sensing a lot of tension in this thread. Let's loosen that up with my second random question. :D

Q: How would you react if an angry 68-year old woman tried to set you on fire?  :o

I had a dream about an old lady setting some poor guy on fire a few days ago, which inspired this question.  :-[

As I do when anybody tries to set me on fire... I'd flee shrieking in terror, searching for a nice Fire Extinguisher to fight back with. Oh Fire is fun alright, but take it from me, you don't wanna be on fire IRL.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20047.msg254702#msg254702
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:19 am »
Q: Your neighboring house is on fire, and you can hear the muffled babyscreams from inside, what do you do?

anything
blarg: