*Author

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135153#msg135153
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 03:17:53 pm »
So my question is this, outside of the war, what do you each think is the biggest influence you will be able to provide for our beloved element of :fire?
I started with Wardead's question because it's super easy to answer "What's awesome about fire?"  :D

I think the most important job of a Master outside the War (and all veteran players) is really just to be there to lend a hand, especially to new players.  Many other candidates in all the Trials have high post counts and are very active in chat, providing advice to the wandering noob.  I'm pretty frequently in chat and I also try to set myself apart through the quality of my posts.  Additionally, I have twice as many posts in Deck Help as anyone else running for Master of :fire.

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135181#msg135181
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 03:50:33 pm »

So my question is this, outside of the war, what do you each think is the biggest influence you will be able to provide for our beloved element of :fire?

Thanks,
Corrum

::edit::  maybe I didn't word that well, just what you think the biggest role of the master is for Fire outside the war.

representing the element. that means to me, being the first person to ask for anyone, if they have questions with fire-based decks (also popular dual or rainbow decks like fractal-phoenix or speed golems). i did that, for example, after unionruler asked me at chat to comment his thread (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,8764.0.html), and be here to help with decks. that doesnt mean to help newbies with their decks (including your element), therefor we have deck-helpers, but help fine-tuning, help with mathematics to optimize decks or suggest any additions/changes of decks.

Q: @Antagon, We all know you are awesomely awesome, but who do you think is a better challenger for your title? Dragoon, Kev, Svenn, Azumi?

kev, for sure. i nearly dont know sven and azumi, and i have respect from dragoon deckbuilding-skills, but im able to say something about kev: he is a great deckbuilder, player, and also showed great analyses-skills (at war), he is always friendly with a bit of sarcasm, i really like that.
beside the fact, i want to stay master of fire (forever), i couldnt mention a better choice than kev. - except me, of course ;)

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135248#msg135248
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 06:16:01 pm »
I have a question for the competitors.  There is allot of focus on the war right now since it was such a huge event and fresh in everyones mind, the role of the master there seems to be a big factor for showing proof.

Thanks,
Corrum
Fire already enjoys quite a bit of prestige thanks to Antagon and team Fire.  But even before them really, Fire has always had much to offer players.  I will of course continue to help new players but probably take even more time on Fire related decks.  If I get the time, I had considered writing an article taking a person from the opening screen through to FG slaying with various Fire decks.

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Fire sucks (say he never witnessed the War) and they have weak creatures (less HP) , blah blah....How will you respond?
So what that the creatures don't have much HP.  You take 6 Crimson Dragons and 4 Phoenixes and let them hit the opponent just once and you'll do 100 points of damage.  I'd like to see another element that can boast that much sheer power.  Fire is the best element in almost every way.  Power, versatility, speed—Fire is practically unmatched in these critical areas.  Whether you want to build an aggro deck with lots of speed and powerful creatures or a control deck with lots of CC and PC, you really can't go wrong with Fire.  I'd be willing to play a Fire deck against any other deck to show that Fire is just flat out awesome.

Q: @Dragoon, Even though you have massive experience in the game, and might even beat Antagon, you still left  :light . Why did you leave Light for Fire?
Well, I already explained why I joined Light.  Nothing against xdude or anyone else in the Light trials, but really there's very little that draws me towards Light.  It is a good element in many ways (especially upped), but I think more than the element, people underestimated our team's deck-building skills in the War.  Of course, I would give everything I had for any team and element I was a part of, but Fire just plain rocks.  Really, to me, there's little competition as to what element is the best.  Fire is just good on so many levels it's almost not even fair for everyone else.  And of course, I have my own personal history with using Fire.  Ever since I was smashed to bits by Chival's upped mono-fire deck in the early days of t50, I have aspired to become like him in wielding, in my opinion, the best element in the game.

Azumi

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135312#msg135312
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 07:50:27 pm »
First off..People know me, I'm kind of a big deal, I own many leather bound books, and my room smells of rich mahogany. BEAT THAT!  :P

Second of all I won't be lobbing for any votes. If you do vote for me many thanks but seriously its a wasted vote. Dragoon has proved that with math and currently my school work is going to get in the way of the trials as I will be helping with orientation this year.

Third...I will be lobbing for votes since I think its a bad thing to back down from a challenge. I  voiced my want to become a master early on when I came back from a long vacation and set my sights on it. So if not this trials maybe another down the line.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My vote was split between Antagon and (drumroll) Kev. I respect all the players that are challenging Antagon for his position as well as Antagon himself. Even though I have never really talked to him as much as I have the other challengers I have grown to respect him as a player.

My vote went to Kev because I still remember him playing when the game just started. If Alaska was going for fire master my vote would have gone to him no questions asked. But more on that never. I feel that Kev is more than quaified for any master position but he choose fire..maybe to spite me..or stalk me..who knows. Anyway Kev b/c he has the same about of skill or greater than Antagon. 'nough said.

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Fire sucks (say he never witnessed the War) and they have weak creatures (less HP) , blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Azumi, You were with  :earth in the War and played great, but eventually lost to FIRE, and now you seem to join Fire. But your inactivity seems to divert members to vote for other challengers, how do you respond to this?
Question 1: If you look at almost any game Fire is well known for what? POWER thats what. Ask anyone on the street. DO IT! Fire might have weaker creatures in the form of HP, the dragon is 15/2, but look at its power. 15! that is amazing. Not to mention all of the OTK (one turn kill) decks out there that are fire based. IMO darkness should easily have more OTK decks but it doesn't. Neither does Water that also has ice bolt. Perma frost shield is used in a few of the most used FG decks for stalling so why not tons of OTK Water decks? Fire is obviously the stronger deck choice. Creature why...sure weak but they server their function well. Ash eaters become Brimstone eaters and produce fire quanta, fire dragons do massive damage, fire spirits can gron in damage, lava golems are very strong and are used in the famous Golem rush decks/non pillar rush. And lets not forget the phoenixes. Fitting the name and myth/legend they just wont die.

Question 2: Inactive!? Where have you been on chat. I am on for at least 1-2 hours a day and more than enough time on the weekends. I dare say I stay on chat almost 12 hours on the weekends. I hold the title for first CL of 2010. I have built plenty of decks, though rarely posting them, I do give them out when asked on chat and recently posted most of my speedbows and an HB killer deck. True I lost to fire in the war..once or twice I forget but one of the times was a suicide deck. I was more than active during the war though I did lack in the deck building descussions b/c of work and school. The only reason why I am not going for earth is because I respect Terroking, which may seem as an excuse but hey thats my opinion, too much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Corrum

Showing the awsomeness of Fire. Creating new decks for fire that show or versitle it is and that it can do more than just OTK bolt.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135460#msg135460
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 11:35:08 pm »
'Who would make the best Master?' would that not be Antagon (who got my vote)

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135685#msg135685
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 09:18:25 am »
First, I would ask why he is writing such nonsense, then I would challenge him to a duel using his rules, and beating him with a fire-deck, proving him wrong =)

Q: @Svennigen, You seem to be under-confident of yourself, but there is still Phase 2 and 3. What do you plan to do if you are Master of Fire?
I plan to do my job, and take on every challenge I'm given with as much effort I can muster. I'm confident that I will become a great master =)

I have a question for the competitors.  There is allot of focus on the war right now since it was such a huge event and fresh in everyones mind, the role of the master there seems to be a big factor for showing proof.

Thanks,
Corrum

::edit::  maybe I didn't word that well, just what you think the biggest role of the master is for Fire outside the war.
Well, looks like two different questions to me, but I'll answer the one I understand, the last one. As I've never been a master of an element before, I have no idea what the biggest role of a master is. But I'm sure spending alot of time in the fire-deck forums, helping and commenting would be of good use for myself and the community =)

Offline Wardead

• Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg135718#msg135718
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:00 am »
Well, I'll keep my vote hidden for now. Its between Kev and Dragoon though.

harry959

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg137173#msg137173
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 02:36:12 am »
How would you put a fire out?

Offline Svenningen

• Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg137377#msg137377
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:41 am »
I wouldnt, as the master of fire I would just change its course to something else =)

Azumi

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg137943#msg137943
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 10:55:31 pm »

By feeding it until it consumed everything.

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg138006#msg138006
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 01:08:40 am »
By walking into it and absorbing it into my body.  Being a fire elemental is pretty cool, eh?

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10932.msg138356#msg138356
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 08:57:27 am »
Looking at Antagon's post, he makes some good points, but the grammar... I prefer masters understanding how to use capital letters  ;) . It makes their posts easier to understand and taken more seriously.
Even though it goes directly against my signature, I have to vote for Antagon.
I generally judge people on spelling/grammer ect (even though I am a frequent offender), but Antagon has really shown us. He lead his team to win the war (against Earth! Completely screwing up everyones and my war predictions!) and was undefeated in the war.
To me, there is zero question that Antagon should be Master of Fire (and Grand Master, until another steals his throne). He seems to truly be, the master of fire in all respects, whether he uses capital letters or not.
To me it seems like this: He is like a wise old man, who does not always comply to social conformity/etuiquette but often shows insights to the world. He might have to have a 'representative' to rephrase his ideas and paint him in a good light, but there is no question os his worthiness to be the master

anything
blarg: