18 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:30:14 pm

*Author

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083063#msg1083063
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 01:41:16 pm »
Cats that go woof

Spoiler for For disturbing explanation:
To get a cat to go woof, soak it in gasoline. Then stand back and throw matches at it

Likewise to get a dog to go meow, freeze it solid and run it through a table saw
Lux Kyrie

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083071#msg1083071
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:
You can also throw the dog from a plane. Meeeeeoooooooowwwww *crash*
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083081#msg1083081
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 02:45:23 pm »
To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?
Well, I haven't been grinding for ages and I don't really have a favourite deck, I just like building decks with restricted rules, that's why I mainly do pvp events. Besides that, I build all possible silly decks for fun purposes.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
While I personally favor the pvp aspect of the game and I'm not very active on the forum, I believe it would probably be best if the Master was well-versed in both pvp and forum.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?
I'm a smoker.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?
As furballdn so fittingly stated, I'm a dark horse, I just love Elements altogether and I don't favor one above all others, every element has its strengths and weaknesses.

inthisroom: Permanently remove one card (upped and unnupped) from the Fire element. Which one would you remove and why?
Fire Spirit, it's the :fire card I probably use least, it's very weak to CC and quite slow to get started.

@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?
Never having been Master before, I could not pretend to do my job better than anyone else. I couldn't really make out a favourite either, all other contestants seem to be true :fire lovers and I believe they would all do a good job.

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?
See previous answer.

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Having participated in several wars, my main conclusion is that the key to a successful war isn't the coordination of the various time zones but the alchemy between players.
You can pick the very best, but if they don' get along and do not create some sort of camaraderie, in my opinion it won't be a good and successful war.
So if I was Master, I'd go for people I knew to be active and motivated, no matter at what time they'd be on, Titanpad would do the rest.

Question for all: What makes a war team winning? list the top 3 (bits and pieces were answered in other questions, I would like to see the most important with some explanations plz)

1 - A good alchemy between players, for the previously mentionned reasons.
2 - A team made of people who know what they are doing, some for deck building, others who are more into statistics and, of course, some Google doc pro to prevent vault screwage :p
3 - Luck.
(As potential fourth, the Element you pick probably also makes a difference, some Elements have it a bit easier than others, even though I believe any could do well in war.)

All contestants: Feel free to be honest. But do you feel that fire and yourself are connected on a different level or just an element you like in a game? Why?
I actually do, I used to be slightly pyromaniac when I was younger, a certain incident cured me, though.

To all  :fire trialers:
What is the name of the chemical element that used to be considered the source and essence of fire some time ago ?
[hint: according to current scientific view, the element belongs to the world of fantasy, so fitting for EtG  ;) ]
The answer to this question is in this room.

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.
Why are not all my actions and reactions in harmony with my principles?
Why this constant need for self destruction?
Why do I always leave everyone?
Why would I be exposing myself here? :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:47:55 pm by inthisroom »

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083139#msg1083139
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »
Well, I meditated ... meditated ... but really

I made a mistake with furballnd to offend his honesty,
which led to him retaliate and offend my personality,
which actually was a mistake of Onizuka with 3 weights and 3 measures.
Furballdn I always saw you online, not imagined will suddenly you disappear. especially in the final moments,
sorry, but you're right, real life is far more important,
I was equivocated in my judgment because I am unhappy with the decision of Onizuka
I can not continue in this competition because I don't have more peace for this,
and I conquer everything with peace and harmony, i need of peace always
really sorry by offend your honesty, I fail with you is fact and also ask you not to think bad things about my personality
I wanted to be master of fire and did a nice campain everything right, but things happen
not everything in life we can gain,  I'm also not the type of person who wants to win at any cost I have principles praiseworthy.
on one side I'm sad (because I fail with you and with the Onizuka decision)
but on another side I'm happy to know that I was well and would be able to be master
well, some will be happy and others unhappy with my decision, is normal
I apologize to everyone who voted for me, try to understand that I will not be happy to continue, because I made ​​a mistake and even my Father did not like the mistake I made with furballdn.

thus, probably will be Glenn vs ITR
I'd prefer see Glenn as a master, but if ITR wins we have a good representative also
if I was in the final I would use the same points of glennfoo, yeah I am very proud in this aspect, a duel would be equal to equal,
But ITR do not do this, you will need all these points,
not be crazy like Vangelios. because Glenn is fire.

Good bye trials, no more and never more.

Name one song that represents your element in your eye.
Ah Jenk, just not to get curious, has many sounds, but can be alas de fuego, the last scene, I'm throwing out this trial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mae8RfNlTBU
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:06:20 am by Vangelios »
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline AnnaMall

• Reputation Power: 11
  • AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • 2 SN and Lightning sitting there
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083146#msg1083146
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 09:44:49 pm »
I followed this thread with real interest to vote for a master among a very strong lineup. I dont understand really what happened and vangelios is out (I think both furbs and vang went really gentlemently with their comments) and I cannot understand what oni has to do with it.

So question for vang: (if he is not insisting on his above statement). What REALLY happened?

Question for all: What makes a war team winning? list the top 3 (bits and pieces were answered in other questions, I would like to see the most important with some explanations plz)

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083208#msg1083208
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 05:32:18 am »
Well, I meditated ... meditated ... but really

I made a mistake with furballnd to offend his honesty,
which led to him retaliate and offend my personality,
which actually was a mistake of Onizuka with 3 weights and 3 measures.
Furballdn I always saw you online, not imagined will suddenly you disappear. especially in the final moments,
sorry, but you're right, real life is far more important,
I was equivocated in my judgment because I am unhappy with the decision of Onizuka
I can not continue in this competition because I don't have more peace for this,
and I conquer everything with peace and harmony, i need of peace always
really sorry by offend your honesty, I fail with you is fact and also ask you not to think bad things about my personality
I wanted to be master of fire and did a nice campain everything right, but things happen
not everything in life we can gain,  I'm also not the type of person who wants to win at any cost I have principles praiseworthy.
on one side I'm sad (because I fail with you and with the Onizuka decision)
but on another side I'm happy to know that I was well and would be able to be master
well, some will be happy and others unhappy with my decision, is normal
I apologize to everyone who voted for me, try to understand that I will not be happy to continue, because I made ​​a mistake and even my Father did not like the mistake I made with furballdn.

thus, probably will be Glenn vs ITR
I'd prefer see Glenn as a master, but if ITR wins we have a good representative also
if I was in the final I would use the same points of glennfoo, yeah I am very proud in this aspect, a duel would be equal to equal,
But ITR do not do this, you will need all these points,
not be crazy like Vangelios. because Glenn is fire.

Good bye trials, no more and never more.

You are wrong here, very wrong here. I know someone who plans to quit trial, but for other reason.
But if you plan to quit trial because of this mistake, you are very very wrong here.
Even the person I know who want to quit trial make everything complete before leaving.

If you quit, that is very irresponsible. And here in forum, sometimes you make mistake and offend others, I too are not totally innocent. There is one particular post in forum brawl that I am never proud of, and I regretted making that post. I hope I did not offend anyone but the post remain to serve as a good reminder for me to keep my head cool.
later in war, more drama will happen, and it is important how you are carefully approaching the problem.

I do not like this type of reason to quit, and if you quit, I will remember you as someone not honorable. the best way to solve this is
remember this mistake, and remind you always to keep your head cool, then try your best to win community votes, beat inthisroom and furballdn, and see me in finals. and if you did not meet me in finals, but someone else, then it is acceptable to leave trial that way
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083211#msg1083211
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 05:59:26 am »
Glenn, do not do this to me, look, I remember a movie Star Trek where Spock had to resign the post of captain
because he was "emotionally committed" and that's what happens to me, anyway you really want me to go?
see better my master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vHopyEtzs
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:50:19 am by Vangelios »

Offline Roseriya

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Roseriya is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083214#msg1083214
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 06:18:46 am »
All contestants: Feel free to be honest. But do you feel that fire and yourself are connected on a different level or just an element you like in a game? Why?
Baby, you're on fire. ;*

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083219#msg1083219
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:11 am »

's kinda my question.

More importantly: You guys really know how to make an elephant out of a gnat, as we say here in Germany.

1) I think there is no reason for Vangelios to quit Trials. Your 'mistake' was tiny compared to mistakes some others in this Forum make and not even notice. Your high moral standards for yourself were taken note of. You can still withdraw your withdrawall, to the delight of quite some people here, including me.

2) If you are to keep your decision though, it is something we have to respect. Glenn, I am quite surprised by what you wrote. It definetly does not make Vangelios less hounorable, should he try to withdraw from Trials. I always thought of you two guys as brothers under the banner of Fire and am sad to see that it seems to be easier to break that bond than I thought.

This incident has affected my vote, by the way.

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • War Hardcore Player
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083224#msg1083224
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 11:52:05 am »
 Marsu, I disagree with this "make an elephant out of a gnat" is deeper, would be to remove the BL of you because you did not play with someone specific
Glenn has the freedom to speak in that tone with me, he is my friend and I found some interesting points of what he said actually think he wants me to continue. only this.
And really how this starts to take a nasty domino effect, I actually prefer to continue
let's turn this page and try to have fun, after all is for that's what we are here. :)
then make a fun question, yeah to alleviate this climate, after all you want to be master of life, make ask a question that give life for fire.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:24:43 pm by Vangelios »

Offline farscape

• Reputation Power: 5
  • farscape is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emperor Crichton
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083268#msg1083268
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »
To all  :fire trialers:
What is the name of the chemical element that used to be considered the source and essence of fire some time ago ?
[hint: according to current scientific view, the element belongs to the world of fantasy, so fitting for EtG  ;) ]

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50066.msg1083302#msg1083302
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:32 pm »
Marsu, I disagree with this "make an elephant out of a gnat" is deeper, would be to remove the BL of you because you did not play with someone specific
Glenn has the freedom to speak in that tone with me, he is my friend and I found some interesting points of what he said actually think he wants me to continue. only this.
And really how this starts to take a nasty domino effect, I actually prefer to continue
let's turn this page and try to have fun, after all is for that's what we are here. :)
then make a fun question, yeah to alleviate this climate, after all you want to be master of life, make ask a question that give life for fire.
I'm glad you changed your mind Vangelios. No one is perfect and I think that when you are feeling ashamed of something next step is to accept your misstake and move on, say you are sorry and show that you did not like what you did. And you have done all that, I think your action was a bit drastic but I also think it was good because it means you really meant what you said.

Welcome Back.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

blarg: