*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377678#msg377678
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:06:35 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377680#msg377680
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:14 am »
Quote from: Bluepriest in this topic which I had to remove
Essence-You stand to make Elements History off of this trial if you win by being the first duel master. Does this have anything to do with your decision to participate in fire, likewise, did you choose fire intentionally due to the face that it is waters polar opposite, or is it because of some deeper connection you feel you have with fire? If the latter, why fire?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377711#msg377711
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:09 am »
Honestly, I was just shocked that no one had signed up yet.  Then, upon further reflection, I almost pulled out because I fear that I won't be able to be Fire's General in the War.  But the curious draw of the yin-yang duality inherent in being first Master of Water and then Master of Fire was too much to resist, and I had to put forth a solid effort.

That said, I encourage people to take into account that I apparently suck balls at playing Fire (lost 0-3 to both agentflare and TFO), and the whole general thing mentioned above.  I freely admit that voting for me might not be the best idea, even if I am popular and awesome. 8)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377745#msg377745
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:38 am »
Interesting response Essence. :) I'm curious to see what you and the other Fire participants would answer to the following question/statement, although I won't force you to. ^^;

Q: “Congratulations again to Fire for winning the third War!

At this point however, it’s clear that not only was Fire on top of its game in terms of strategy, but also in power (Fire has ranked in the top 2 for the past 3 wars). Out of all non-pillar/pendulum cards, what Fire card do you think was your ‘MVC’ (most valuable card) that helped you obtain the win? Explain. (If you weren’t in the war, make a conjecture on what card would the MVC for Fire)”

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377750#msg377750
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:09:59 am »
Q: As you all are most likely aware, Fire has long been accused of as being the most overpowered element. In fact there was a heated debate just last week in chat about this (I couldn't resist slipping in the pun). The "evidence" is strong, too -- Fire has not only won two Wars, but also has some of the best and cheapest attack-to-cost ratios (Minor Phoenix), quickest quanta generation spell (Cremation), cards that are based on a solid and devastating strategy (Fahrenheit, Fire Lance), one of the best and most flexible CC (Rage Potion)...not to mention firestalls usually crush players in the Arena.

Regardless of your personal opinion, please argue against nerfing Fire, as if you were Master of Fire and defending your element. Please present points supporting your argument, acknowledge and counter the opposing arguments. If your personal opinion differs, please state so.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377762#msg377762
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:27:54 am »
Interesting response Essence. :) I'm curious to see what you and the other Fire participants would answer to the following question/statement, although I won't force you to. ^^;

Q: “Congratulations again to Fire for winning the third War!

At this point however, it’s clear that not only was Fire on top of its game in terms of strategy, but also in power (Fire has ranked in the top 2 for the past 3 wars). Out of all non-pillar/pendulum cards, what Fire card do you think was your ‘MVC’ (most valuable card) that helped you obtain the win? Explain. (If you weren’t in the war, make a conjecture on what card would the MVC for Fire)”

I'm going to have to go with Fire Bolt here. Coupled with Sanctuary, Fire Bolt can create a nasty deck that instills fear in the heart of all foes. This deck, code named Candlelight, was Team Fire's most successful deck during War 3 and even when it was losing early on in the war, EVERYONE was afraid of it, allowing our Rushes to wreak some serious havoc elsewhere. The ability of Fire to both Stall and Rush extremely well is ultimately our biggest weapon however. Building a deck to defeat both consistantly is fairly difficult, and guessing wrong can be fatal. While Phoenix and Deflagration are far more versatile cards, the raw power of Fire Bolt becomes a very powerful tool during War, in more ways than one. We always had the ability to Rush, but so long as we had our trusty Fire Bolts, we could make people quiver in fear.

Q: As you all are most likely aware, Fire has long been accused of as being the most overpowered element. In fact there was a heated debate just last week in chat about this (I couldn't resist slipping in the pun). The "evidence" is strong, too -- Fire has not only won two Wars, but also has some of the best attack-to-cost ratios (Minor Phoenix), quickest quanta generation spell (Cremation), cards that are based on a solid and devastating strategy (Fahrenheit, Fire Lance), one of the best and most flexible CC (Rage Potion)...not to mention firestalls usually crush players in the Arena.

Regardless of your personal opinion, please argue against nerfing Fire, as if you were Master of Fire and defending your element. Please present points supporting your argument, acknowledge and counter the opposing arguments. If your personal opinion differs, please state so.

If?! What do you mean if?! :))

To this I would have but one argument. Why not just buff the other elements and give Fire some less powerful toys to play with? I personally don't like the "X card/element is overpowered, we should nerf it. I would much rather see other things buffed. Yes, it is much easier to nerf 1 element than it is to buff eleven, but can't we all agree that everything being more powerful would be more fun? ;D Fire has the least "useless" cards of any Element, so having a few more less harmful toys to play with would also help ease the OP mentality. Or at least, that's how I shall justify new cards for Fire :P

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377775#msg377775
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 05:49:48 am »
You immolate your less valuable creatures to be able to play more valuable ones, does that mean that we should burn the one that gets the least votes here to have a better master of fire?

xD

Jokes apart.

Fire is , indeed, a great element that is very versatile. If you were to be obligated to remove 1 non-pillar non-pendulum card from the element of fire, what would it be? Why?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377778#msg377778
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 06:00:49 am »
You immolate your less valuable creatures to be able to play more valuable ones, does that mean that we should burn the one that gets the least votes here to have a better master of fire?

xD

Jokes apart.

Fire is , indeed, a great element that is very versatile. If you were to be obligated to remove 1 non-pillar non-pendulum card from the element of fire, what would it be? Why?

That is far too easy for me. Fire Spirit. Done. Fire already has another Growth Creature that is far better, and Life has another Spirit, so the game wouldn't be missing out on much.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377804#msg377804
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:13:46 am »
Q: did you ever consider that immolation gives an unfair advantage to fire in war? and why?

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377856#msg377856
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:24 am »
Order the cards of Fire, best to worst.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377928#msg377928
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:58:48 pm »
Immolation, Deflagration and Phoenix aren't a bit too much, all in the same element?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29697.msg377964#msg377964
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »
My question is for Essence:

I was sad to see that you had been mathematically eliminated from contention.... so my question is, who should be voted for, Napalm or TheForbiddenOracle?

blarg: