Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Fire?

shockcannon
14 (53.8%)
None Worthy
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: October 30, 2019, 01:01:35 am

*Author

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
13th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67466.msg1294281#msg1294281
« on: October 23, 2019, 01:01:35 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 13th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67466.msg1294290#msg1294290
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:18 am »
I'm going to modify this post to just answer all future questions I might get at once. I will not be answering any questions. Don't feel like you need to answer my question either, that was just for my own fun, I didn't expect to get more than like 2 answers anyways.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I truly doubt there's even a single person that's on the fence on whether they're voting for me or not. Pretty much everyone knew what they were going to vote before this trials started, whether you want to admit it or not. Either you think I'm annoying and self-centered, or you realize I'm just here to win games and throw a little shade while I'm at it. If you have some other nit-picky reason I really don't care to hear it (good or bad), and it probably just falls under the above two categories anyways.

If you're in denial and pretend like you're on the fence, I really don't care about convincing you for a popularity contest that's only worth 4 upgrades. The best evidence I can give you is I crushed it in phase 2 with only 3 people doing better than me. Then again, no one cares about PvP results when they vote in phase 3 as is evident from the past 12 trials, and I don't care that no one cares because I already got all the upgrades I need from phase 2 anyways. So yeah, spite me with your None Worthy vote, odds are I outperformed you in phase 2 anyways and couldn't care less about your vote. Do I sound like an annoying idiot to you right now? Well that's cause you probably already thought that, so it's not like I'm losing your vote.

As far as non-PvP aspects about being a master, such as "representing the element" and having "good leadership," this community and game is basically dead. Masters don't do anything except general war, and a lot of them didn't even general last year. Half of last years masters basically never played the game this past year, so pretty bad representatives of the game as a whole if you ask me. Finally, if you can't admit to yourself that I thematically embody :fire better than anyone else then you need to stop asking non-PvP questions to other trialists like you actually care, unless you want your integrity to look like a spark the turn after it's played.

Thanks for reading, and @immortal feud, future me does not regret banning nothing (including firebolt) in the phase 4 finals.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:13:58 am by shockcannon »
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 13th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67466.msg1294302#msg1294302
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 09:32:31 am »
Question:

Explain your future loss against STANDIN (without using my name).
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 13th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67466.msg1294326#msg1294326
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 03:45:01 am »
do you regret not banning firebolt?
recovering firestall addict

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 13th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67466.msg1294343#msg1294343
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 12:23:15 am »
Updated my post. I will not be answering questions beyond what might have been answered in my updated post. I personally really hate this phase. Guess I should've fought harder with Manual when he complained about this last year. I get why people like this type of content and it makes things more interesting and different from simply a PvP event, but that energy and enthusiasm could really go towards something like getting people to actually join Brawl, or any event for that matter.

If you look at my phase 1 and phase 3 from last years trials I put a lot of effort into those (probably top 3 of everyone participating) as I had just joined this community and was really excited that this game had a lot more depth than simply being an online card game. Yet, all I saw for the whole next year was people sitting in chat and never joining any events. People can't even take 5 minutes to play a PvP match with a guest or even new registered players like Darkshadow or Virgo. This stuff isn't worth it for me anymore. I'm here to win PvP events and collect my mark codes, not pretend like this game still has life.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

anything
blarg: