Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Fire?

Vindilos
21 (67.7%)
None Worthy
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: August 14, 2018, 12:06:47 am

*Author

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278647#msg1278647
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:46:00 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Vindilos

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Vindilos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.31.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.24.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2018 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 03.06.18Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2018 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278655#msg1278655
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:57:37 pm »
Trials results

Fire trials post:

Spoiler for Hidden:

"If you could choose who will face you as STANDIN for the final battle, who would it be, and why?"

My first pick would be Zyardran. I always talked to Zyardran during weekly pvp tournaments. She was planning to trial for fire and so was I.
It is interesting when the standin likes the element and it would be an interesting match to experience.
I will qualify Zyardran as active as she did a lot in 2018 and might still do it.

If its about the creating the most epic battle (and not winning) then I would pick Rootranger. It would be legendary. He knows a lot about the game and about fire. He won war and has a large trophy list.
He is no longer active.
Winning is more important now though (so pick any weak player that ever played). I want to win so I can help team fire.

"Will you lead fire next war?"

Yes. Result of the above.

"By the way, I reached out to RootRanger before Sideboard #4 and he was kind and helpful. So I don't think it is out of the question that he would stand-in.  Especially against a challenger as accomplished as you."

First of all, thank you for the compliment. Ji412jo asked me to know an active and an inactive player who would make for a good final battle. I think Zyardran and RootRanger would be good choices, each for their own reason. He also asked me to name an inactive player, so I named RootRanger, who is an amazing player.

"Am I misunderstanding you?   Are you saying you prefer an easier stand-in opponent so you have a higher chance to earn the Mastership?" 

Nobody is getting anything for free. I don't decide who my opponent would be. Nobody is getting charity and nobody should.

"Many think that Fire is about rage, bravery, and destruction, but it is also about passion, desires, and love. This leads to my question. Which female community member would you pick as your Queen from this forum? She doesn't have to be Fire-sided, but she has to fancy your interest in some form."

I'll pick Zyardran in that case. Im sure the interest is friendship based though.

"Here's another question by the way: Why me?"

Does this mean I have to choose between the girls? RIP me.
Because I enjoy talking to you. You are open to me about what you think and you are kind.
As submachine said: "She doesn't have to be Fire-sided, but she has to fancy your interest in some form"
Also picking you ... because I know.

General

Spoiler for Hidden:

"What is your definition of Leadership"

Leadership means guiding a group of people toward a goal. In this case the goal could be winning war or just having a good time.
There are different types of leadership and they have to suit the person in question. I'll be more of a coaching type.

"For everyone that Trials for their favourite element:
If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element? (Quite unlikely, but hey :silly:)
For the sake of argument, assume that you are not a WM yourself, just in case you're thinking 'I'm a WM, there's no way the WMs will approach me to Gen'."

Very unlikely. I feel way better with fire.

"Will you participate in the next Brawl under the flag of your trialing element?"
Brawl will not be related to an element, unless I'm misinformed. If it would, I don't know yet.

"Which element do you consider the anti-you?  Which ones rubs you the wrong way or resonates least with you personally?  Please help us understand why this is the case."

In the academy I had a lot of issues dealing with water with nymphs tears, though I have my ideas how to deal with that now. (wont give away tactics)
The element i like the least is probably time. I think its an incomplete element as it lacks a way to destroy permanents. Ghostmare never worked out for me in league and the scarabs eat less than otyughs.

"Pose any trialist a targeted question (ie. specific to them). You may link it if you have already done so."

Not a question but sure.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/trial-of-aether/12th-trials-phase-3-community-vote/msg1278668/#msg1278668
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/trial-of-aether/12th-trials-phase-3-community-vote/msg1278707/#msg1278707
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/trial-of-time/12th-trials-phase-3-community-vote-66248/msg1278716/#msg1278716

"Said that, explain what's the strenght and weakness of your Element, and, if you had the chance to add just one card (creature, spell, PC, CC, etc...) to your Element, what would it be and why?"

Fire is a relatively complete element. It has permanent control, single target control and mass crowd control. Fire is quite alround and strong on its own without needing other elements.

The creatures fire have a high damage and low HP. They are often cost effective for their price, but die quickly. Rushing with fire creatures has a risk, which is even higher when using cremation.
Phoenix and the fire nymph are special cases. An advantage that fire likes to expoit is the fact that these creatures are among the most difficult to kill. Just 5-6 phoenixes, with some fire bolts, deflags and fahrenheits is a deck on its own and surprisingly difficult to deal with, as CC will be ineffective. Fire nymph and pheonix are the only fire creatures I used in trials.

Common splashes for fire decks include earth, life, light, darkness and aether. Fire splashes light and life to create stalls. The light firestall is one of the strongest stalls in the unupgraded meta. Darkness is used to create a domin while earth helps the (cremation) rush.
I would say the part that fire lacks most is a good shield. If you play around firestorm you often play around fire buckler aswell. Healing spells are already easily splashed.

"What are you plans if you become master?"

My plan is to not spam about it in chat. Really!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:55:41 pm by Vindilos »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny combines well with onions, carrots and garlic.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation of a good meal!

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278666#msg1278666
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:26:34 am »
If you could choose who will face you as STANDIN for the final battle, who would it be, and why?

I'd like it if you chose both an old community member that doesn't come around anymore and someone currently active in the community
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278705#msg1278705
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 02:06:53 pm »
Will you lead fire next war?
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278721#msg1278721
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:22:15 pm »

"If you could choose who will face you as STANDIN for the final battle, who would it be, and why?"

My first pick would be Zyardran. I always talked to Zyardran during weekly pvp tournaments. She was planning to trial for fire and so was I.
It is interesting when the standin likes the element and it would be an interesting match to experience.
I will qualify Zyardran as active as she did a lot in 2018 and might still do it.

If its about the creating the most epic battle (and not winning) then I would pick Rootranger. It would be legendary. He knows a lot about the game and about fire. He won war and has a large trophy list.
He is no longer active.
Winning is more important now though (so pick any weak player that ever played). I want to win so I can help team fire.

Am I misunderstanding you?   Are you saying you prefer an easier stand-in opponent so you have a higher chance to earn the Mastership?  If so, help me understand why one should be okay with that mindset?  Earning a Mastership should be hard.  Really hard.  I personally don't think any new challenger, myself included, should get any charity in trials.  I disagree with some of the comments made by Wyand and you about prior master's getting a competitive advantage in trials.  I think the bonus should exist. Many champions in sport hold an edge over new challengers.  The officials might give the older champion some benefits of the doubt with calls.  There's a mystique of invincibility for the current champion - like Golden State Warriors.  A new challenger should face really hard conditions and prove themselves against the best available opponents. 

By the way, I reached out to RootRanger before Sideboard #4 and he was kind and helpful. So I don't think it is out of the question that he would stand-in.  Especially against a challenger as accomplished as you.   

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278760#msg1278760
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 07:35:58 am »
@Vindilos

Many think that Fire is about rage, bravery, and destruction, but it is also about passion, desires, and love. This leads to my question. Which female community member would you pick as your Queen from this forum? She doesn't have to be Fire-sided, but she has to fancy your interest in some form.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66243.msg1278941#msg1278941
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 01:08:25 am »
I'll pick Zyardran in that case. Im sure the interest is friendship based though.

Hey Vind. Meet me in blab! :P Let's talk

Here's another question by the way: Why me?
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

anything
blarg: