Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Fire?

Zyardran
11 (19.3%)
Ryli
19 (33.3%)
ValerianFlame
6 (10.5%)
worldwideweb3
18 (31.6%)
None Worthy
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: May 02, 2017, 07:06:40 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263199#msg1263199
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:06:40 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on as many of the candidates as he wishes. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263206#msg1263206
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:09:19 pm »

Ji412jo
for everybody

1. why fire Well, i like fire as an element quite a lot. It's speed with CC is awesome. Also, my first war was in fire, so time to master that element i guess.
2. if you could be a dual-master, which other elemnt would you choose All other elements?
3. how do you think Root has done as fire master He won a war as gen, so pretty well. Also, he had that interesting selection procedure for last war, when he couldnt gen, which seemed fun and a good way to make sure the player is good enough.

kaempfer13
@ all, but especially the ones who will face STANDIN: Can you build a team that you can lead to victory? I believe this will have the following aspects: Can you yourselves build good decks to beat your opponents? Can you predict and counter them with your element? Can you draft a Team that is a capable of doing that whenever you cant? Will you be able to inspire your teammates to do all in their power to fight for the win in every game? Can you infect others with your enthusiasm for your element (if you have any in the first place)? And most importantly: Will you put the necessary time investment in all those things? Having played in the last war together, I assume you know answers to most of these already. If there's anything specific you wish to ask, in reference to the last war, feel free to.

Aves
@worldwideweb3: What would be your response to an elemental purist? One mastery, one element! Uh? not sure exactly what you ask here, or if this is even a question?
@worldwideweb3: As the clear #1 in phase 2's PvP, how well do you think you would have done against RootRanger in a Phase 4 battle? Hmm, it sure would have been tough. Root has a lot of experience, in fire and in general pvp too. One thing's for sure, i'll try my best to make it a close final battle.

@all: Out of these, who has the toughest question to answer, who has the easiest, and why should I vote for you instead of them? I don't really get the purist question, so i guess that's the toughest to answer. Easiest to answer is the second question you asked me. If by "them", you refer to my answers to easiest and toughest question....then vote for any of those two! If you are asking about all fire triallists, then I will just comment on myself and say i'm active, reasonable at pvp, and have played in team fire before.
@all: Fire's had some sub-par performances in the most recent Wars. Do you have a reason as to why? How will you avoid the pitfalls that befell your predecessor teams? Fire's first two wins were 1&3. Correct me if i'm wrong but fire was nerfed after that, i think? So, that obviously had an impact on it. War #8, that we won, we had a pretty good team in general, and everyone in team was really active too. Last couple of wars, i'm not sure if teams have been as active overall. Also, market system heavily nerfed fire, and i guess it will take a couple of wars to figure it out and try plan better, with all the fire cards costing >100 XD.

iancu
Even though there are 4 challengers, I think none of you are worthy. Here's why:

@www: This Dani-like attitude of changing trials like shoes bothers me. You are a good player without doubt, but until you settle, I don't think you are worthy to be master. Fire also doesn't really seem to fit you imo. Hmm, i wonder why you say fire doesn't suit me. As for preference, i definitely like playing with fire. My most used deck in BL and CL is mono fire. I also used it in Budokan. Iappreciate your concerns of me changing the element i trial for every trial, but if i have done my job in one element, why shouldn't I go to another element and try and improve it, while also improving my pvp skills? Which element do you think fits me?

@All, will you lead team fire in war? Most likely, yes.

@All, what do you think you can do to make people think you are worthy? You need to answer this. What should i do to make myself look worthy to you? (Though i assume the answer is already present in the first question).

DC
@All: What does being a Master mean? What kind of traits will you exemplify as a Master? Calm, passionate, has empathy, good player, never gives up.

@All: Pick a character, real or fictional, to personify yourself. Justify your answer. I pick the guy in my gif, he is there for a reason. I'll let you interpret the gif.

@Trialists who have previously competed in a different element: A wise woman once asked for this specific category of people to tell them, so she knows who not to vote for. (Well, actually she asked if you're trialling for your favourite element, but eh, it's a similar category. While I might not be as drastic as her, loyalty is an important aspect of being a Master for me. Why should we see you as a representative as the element you have chosen, rather than any others, that you have trialled for prior?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Because fire is one of the elements i like the most to play with. Also, a guy can represent more than one element, no? I mean, root trialled for other elements and despite that got a lot of votes.

CO
@all Please take a photo of something you dislike.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Zawa
Some great questions from before:

What does your element represent and mean to you outside of the gameplay? What has it done for you, and what would you do for it as a Master? It means passion and desire to achieve success. I'll try get fire back into top 5, after a couple of not so good performances in war.

Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm) Phase 1 - 3 in the design a pvp task, which i'm happy with. I didn't have time to do extra, nor did i know what more to write about. 3 in warrior (3-0, 3-0), i doubt i can better that. Phase 2 - 12-2 (18-2 inc warrior) - it went well, wouldn't change a thing.

Also, if you were made a Trials Overseer this trials, what would you have done differently? Made rules perhaps a bit more clear, with a few more deck examples.

On that note, do you wish to ever become Trials Overseer? If time allows, and there's a need for it, sure.

Basman
For everyone that Trials for their favourite element: I don't have strict favorites, though fire is one of the elements i prefer more to others. I'll answer all questions here, as a result The questions are essentially the same...
  • What is your second favourite element?Uh, I don't do favorites, nor have i thought about which one is next on the list after fire.
  • If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element? Yes, being general is fun stuff.

deuce

What job did you do for gravity? I don't see a war win for gravity yet... I did the best I could and have shown that it can consistently get good placing. Perhaps I could have stuck to gravity to try improve even more but it wouldn't have been as fun for me, playing with the same element two wars in a row.

Calindu
@www3: Had Root defended, would you still have trialed for fire? I'm really not sure. I think i would have most likely just defended my gravity title. Or maybe go for an element where i think i can do better than the triallists present (given I like to play with that element).

TorB

@worldwideweb:
I see solid reasons listed for worse performance in your answer to Aves'  question, but a rather recent win has proven it's certainly possible, so what's the plan in making Fire great again?
Choosing the right team is one. War #8 fire team was very active, with a good blend of experience too. I see last war's team and I think there were too many people with questionable activity at the time of auction, and they had expressed that too. I'll try and get at least 2 other people who will definitely be active, and then take risks with the other two bids. Also, i mentioned in another response that i'm aware fire was hit hard with market prices and it didn't benefit as much as some other elements may have, and so it's not about making it the bestest team. I just wanna see what i can do, if anything, to help it recover and make its way towards the top.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:15:19 pm by worldwideweb3 »
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263208#msg1263208
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 07:15:41 pm »

Spoiler for Jijo:
1. Fire has always been a part of my life and soul. I love the element and the thing in general :-* Y'know, I used to play with fire a lot as a kid
2. Tough choice indeed. I'd have to say darkness, second fav element and all that.
3. Root has done well as a master, I was disappointing when I found out he wouldn't be defending. I think he represented :fire well.
Spoiler for Aves:
That is a good question :-* I'd have to say it was mostly war that helped me improve, learning more strategies from serp and dragons really gave me some insight on how to make better decks, and how to have a good, flexible strategy in the case that your opponent has a deck that has a chance to beat yours. Props to both of em for their advice, it's helped me make better decks!
-You gave www 2, does that count? :P in all honesty, I think fire would need a loyal master who can represent the element well, and we've seen what www did this time, ditching his gravy master title without question or second thought just so he could try for fire. Not very loyal if you ask me ::)
-My theory? The gens didn't do their job correctly. Not to say they did a bad job, but they made some questionable decisions. I plan on building an effective team and making sue they're all active and participating in planning. That is what the last ones were missing, I think
Spoiler for iancu:
I have one, third place in leagues. Is this even a question? Anyway, yes, I believe I've completely shaken the attitude of negativity. While still improving in PVP, I'm better than I was last trials. I actually managed good decks this time, too!
-It is my hope, yes ;)
-Be the best I can be and prove to people I'm worthy, simple
Spoiler for kaempfer:
- I have a good feeling I can, yes.
-I'd think the decks I made in phase 2 were decent enough, let's see what I can do for phase 4!
-That's tough, I suppose we'll see won't we?
-I do in fact believe that I can. I'm not the best player in PVP, but I'm certainly not the worst. There's lots of things to improve on, and I'm positive there's others who are the same that I can bring on the team.
-Yes. I've been told I'm a very motivational person, and I like to use words to help people do their best.
-Yes :D as per evident a few times from war and brawl.
-You can count on it, I have plenty of free time to spare from school and forum tasks, and I'm going to use it all on what I believe in!
Spoiler for DC:
-Being a master to me, means representing your element positively and making others want to side with you and your element in events like war, brawl,
 and trials. Being good at PVP is just as important, as I believe it encourages players further.
-I'm not sure I've depicted much to you guys about Zyardran, but if you can, try and picture a woman who is strong, smart, and knows what's what as well as right from wrong. In a nutshell, basically :P
-Good question. Fire is where I strongly believe I belong, not to get all spiritual and destiny preach on you, but my stars led me to fire, and I've always felt a strong connection with that element. Time to take for what I really believe I am. Nothing else fits, ya know?
Spoiler for Clunyon:
*insert picture of cat hairball borf here*
Spoiler for Higurashi:
Fire mean a lot. Passion, warmth, but with a burning side if you do something wrong. I've always liked fire, I used to play with it as a little kid x) put long sticks in it and pull it out pretending to wield a spear or something. Good times. I would go deeper, but I've been waiting for more questions, more latertm
Spoiler for Jenk:
I definitely would try to mindgate my opponents better in phase 2. I could have made better decks also, but stuff happens.
Spoiler for Zawadx:
-Nothing, I liked this trials the way it is. Although I'd suggest trying to clear up a bit of the rules next time to prevent misunderstandings.
-nup
Spoiler for www:
People change over time, and the remnants of Discord no longer visit this forum, she's moved on, and I've taken her place. I generalled light for itr because the former light master hadn't given me a choice in the matter, and I wanted to help him, so I did. Now, I've no intention of jumping elements every trial after I win a previous one. Fire is my life. Can you say the same, or will you skip to a different element if you win this and general fire in war once?
-Not a doubt in the world, good friend
Spoiler for Calindu:
-See my answer to www
-I led team light in the first place because I was doing itr a favor, nothing more or less. I won't bother even asking to sub as a general for fire or any other element if I don't win trials. If I don't win trials, all fine, and I'd expect whoever had won fire trials to be the best candidate for general of team fire. I don't expect to be asked to general,
 and expect me to say no if you ask. If I do win trials, I'm going to do just about everything to make sure it's the best team you'll ever see in fire. Of course, seeing how that remains yet to be seen, I don't tend to spoil surprises
Spoiler for TorB:
I admit, I made a lot of mistakes as light general last war, but I learned from those mistakes and did my best to improve off of what I know now. I've been tinkering with fire on and off the past few months, and I've come to the conclusion that the reason I didn't do well in light was because I don't know the element very well,
 but I've always been close with fire, and I believe that I can use what I know from previous wars and about the element in game in general to do better as a general in the upcoming war. This is my chance to prove I have something of worth as a general, and I aim to get the message through
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:29:55 am by Zyardran »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263215#msg1263215
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:02 pm »
for everybody

1. why fire
2. if you could be a dual-master, which other elemnt would you choose
3. how do you think Root has done as fire master
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263239#msg1263239
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 11:20:27 pm »
@Ryli:
Since activity times sometimes seem to be a problem for you during events... how do you intend to effectively communicate with your team? Would you pick a team based on what times they were available to compensate for this?
I always communicate during team events, and these timezone issues have nearly exclusively been during 1v1 events, trying to match times to an opponent.

Pads make for effective communication when timezones don't line up. American and Asian players generally fall within times I can communicate directly, but last War, with the 2 most active teammates being European, our pad was a massive help. I was able to stop in during all my breaks to keep up with current discussion, voicing my opinion on issues when necessary. Overnight decktesting could also be recording on the pad, teammates would leave decks needing testing, with suggestions for modifications, and I'd leave my results for them to come to first thing in the morning, plus any new deck ideas of my own.

I see lots of enthusiasm on being the bestest team Fire in war ever. Make no mistake: the shards and upgrades do not benefit Fire as much as it did the top 4 last war. Last war a lot of Fire decks were made by me. Despite having hard counters built for Bone Wall, it remained a constant problem throughout war.

What makes you think that performing better than last war will be so easy? Knowing what went wrong is one thing. But is there an actual plan behind this confidence of doing better? The specific decks are yours to keep, I'm more interested if there's an actual plan, a "let's bid on someone to do it for me" or all just :fire hot air.

I do not think that performing well will be easy. I didn't join because I thought this would be easy, but I'd rather aim high and have some confidence, only to fall short, than set the standards low. No one wants to get behind and try to help a leader with a can't do attitude.

Deck testing will begin as soon as trials are over if I become master, to ensure that I have as many ideas as possible to discuss as soon as vaultbuilding begins.

@All;

If you don't win MoF, will you put fire as favorite in war auction?

My favourites will be Fire, Earth and Light.

@worldwideweb3: What would be your response to an elemental purist? One mastery, one element!
This question is not for me, but I'll share my thoughts on it anyway, because it's a really good one. I do not believe it is necessary to dedicate your whole time with this game to 1 element only, but I would only be willing to move onto to another element after being dethroned here by a master that I am confident will secure a good future for Fire in the long run. I would not step down and leave an element to uncertainty and the risk of no master.

@Ryli: You often prove inactive. I do think you are a decent pvp player though. Still, the inactivity part makes you not worthy in my eyes. I don't really think we need a Root 2.0 type of master. (Activity-wise, not skill-wise)

@All, what do you think you can do to make people think you are worthy?

I do not feel I am that inactive, I can be found in chat regularly, though mostly at times I expect you're asleep. I joined last BL, and will join both leagues next season. I've also jumped into Draft, Trials, a couple of Forum Games and Weekly Tournaments.

For Brawl, I'm aware there's a more limited amount of teams, but I'd be up for running a team alongside another master.

What do you feel I should be doing more of in terms of activity?

I'm not sure what exactly your asking in regards to making people thinking I'm worthy. Is that not everything we've done so far? Show that we know how to build decks in phase 2, show an understanding of what our element is and how it works through phase 1, then answer these questions. That's all we can do in the meantime.

for everybody

1. why fire
3. how do you think Root has done as fire master

I love the fast damage output and control that Fire delivers. I've always taken a liking for high damage attackers in most games I play, particularly mage types that fight from the back lines (nO ITS NOT BECAUSE I SUCK AT TANKING SHUT UP). A team full of defenders will never push anywhere, someone has to bring the pain. I don't believe in destiny or fate, I don't think I was lead here by any higher power, so I'm not going to push that stereotypical story. I picked this element because it's what I'm good at.

I know Root best as a living legend, people talk of him and his achievements often, but us players that have joined, or returned recently know little of him. If your mastership was 7 terms ago, that's great, you created a legacy that will never be forgotten. As a current master, that's not something you want. While I recognise his accomplishments in PVP, he has done very little for Fire this year.

@ all, but especially the ones who will face STANDIN: Can you build a team that you can lead to victory? I believe this will have the following aspects: Can you yourselves build good decks to beat your opponents? Can you predict and counter them with your element? Can you draft a Team that is a capable of doing that whenever you cant? Will you be able to inspire your teammates to do all in their power to fight for the win in every game? Can you infect others with your enthusiasm for your element (if you have any in the first place)? And most importantly: Will you put the necessary time investment in all those things?

@All, will you lead team fire in war?

I will lead Fire if I become master, and will put my name forwards to join a team if I don't. I was consistently active during War 10, deck testing throughout the nights in rounds I was too busy during the day. I even played 2 rounds from my phone when my laptop was out of commission, I'll be there, and put the time required in no matter what.

I don't want to spill all potential bidding ideas I have here, but I already have ideas on a number of people I would like to work with.

@All: What does being a Master mean? What kind of traits will you exemplify as a Master?

@All: Pick a character, real or fictional, to personify yourself. Justify your answer.

A master must be organised and think things through rationally. They must be willing to listen from advice from those who know better on a particular subject. Disorganisation and pushing only your own thoughts in a dictator-like fashion put people off wanting to work with you, and a master can not stand alone.

For everyone that Trials for their favourite element:
What is your second favourite element?
If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element?

2. if you could be a dual-master, which other elemnt would you choose

Fire and Earth are tied as my favourite 2 elements, due to the way they cover each other's weaknesses. Earth brings solids CC resistant creatures that fire lacks, and Fire brings a strong control element, where Earth only has softer control. If I could dual master, they would be my 2 choices, and if I was not allowed to master Fire, I would choose Earth.

I would stand as a candidate to General any element that had no player experienced with that element come forth.

@all Please take a photo of something you dislike.

This man asks irritating, time wasting questions. I hate him.

@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)

I switched task late in the phase, deciding I was unhappy with my first task, and the elements it awarded. This likely lost me a point or 2 due to rushing the new task. I wish I had been more decisive on what task I wanted to submit, allowing me to give the full amount of time towards it, writing up a more thorough con/pro list, and putting together example decks with an analysis as is done in the forum Newsletters.

However, I think my idea was interesting and unique. I believe I have some innovative ideas, and a good deckbuilder could really help me solidify them in war.

My main problem with phase 2 was that I was new to the trials system of PVP, the style of deckbuilding I was used to was thrown out of the window, and I only managed to take advantage of some of the options available to me (such as Fractixbow allowing me to play an Aether heavy deck, despite not having Aether amongst my unlocked elements) to come up with strong, yet unexpected decks. This is something I feel I could do much better on next trials, now that I have some experience with this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:56:34 am by Ryli »

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263240#msg1263240
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:39 pm »
@worldwideweb3: What would be your response to an elemental purist? One mastery, one element!
@worldwideweb3: As the clear #1 in phase 2's PvP, how well do you think you would have done against RootRanger in a Phase 4 battle?

@Zyardran: In what ways have you improved since your last Trials, and does your War 10 performance show it? Are they enough to show that you have earned a place in the final battle?

@ValerianFlame: What do you think is the weakest card in fire, and why? Build a decent deck(AI-4 killing) around it.

@Ryli: Out of the three fire generals that won war, who had the best accomplishment, and why?

@all: Out of these, who has the toughest question to answer, who has the easiest, and why should I vote for you instead of them?
@all: Fire's had some sub-par performances in the most recent Wars. Do you have a reason as to why? How will you avoid the pitfalls that befell your predecessor teams?

:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263263#msg1263263
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 06:52:21 am »
Even though there are 4 challengers, I think none of you are worthy. Here's why:

@www: This Dani-like attitude of changing trials like shoes bothers me. You are a good player without doubt, but until you settle, I don't think you are worthy to be master. Fire also doesn't really seem to fit you imo.

@Zya: You have no pvp achievements whatsoever and I am not quite sure you've shaken up the negative attitude yet, though to your credit, you are improving in that respect. Frequently changing elements is also a minus for you. Unsure about your pvp skills improvement. I will have to take a look at your phase 2 decks before commenting further on this.

@Ryli: You often prove inactive. I do think you are a decent pvp player though. Still, the inactivity part makes you not worthy in my eyes. I don't really think we need a Root 2.0 type of master. (Activity-wise, not skill-wise)

@Valerian, I don't know much about you, but as far as I kmow, you are not a very good player. You do have potential though and I hope you can prove me wrong on my former statement. Not worthy as master as of yet in my eyes.

Offline Physsion

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Your friendly neighbourhood owl
  • Awards: 11th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of Darkness2nd Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerMaster Flag - Winner (Air Flag)9th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263266#msg1263266
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 08:33:44 am »
Spoiler for Quote:

@www: This Dani-like attitude of changing trials like shoes bothers me. You are a good player without doubt, but until you settle, I don't think you are worthy to be master. Fire also doesn't really seem to fit you imo.

@Zya: You have no pvp achievements whatsoever and I am not quite sure you've shaken up the negative attitude yet, though to your credit, you are improving in that respect. Frequently changing elements is also a minus for you. Unsure about your pvp skills improvement. I will have to take a look at your phase 2 decks before commenting further on this.

@Valerian, I don't know much about you, but as far as I kmow, you are not a very good player. You do have potential though and I hope you can prove me wrong on my former statement. Not worthy as master as of yet in my eyes.

I'll respond to iancu's post by saying I think you all have qualities a good Master should have.

By qualifying for Trials in the first place, you've already demonstrated that you have the skill and the activity needed to compete for a Master title!

Don't be discouraged by comments like this - we're all improving, all the time, no matter what we've already achieved. That's the most important part.

Good luck to all of you. I may add some questions of my own a bit later.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:51:00 am by Physsion »

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263287#msg1263287
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 09:28:00 pm »
I wasnt trying to be harsh. I apologize if it sounded that way.

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263290#msg1263290
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 12:33:45 am »
Well this phase is about opinion, there's no wrong votes. If Ian thinks no-one is worthy that's fair enough
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263293#msg1263293
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 02:08:22 am »

Questions: (School is a pain in the neck.)

Kaempfer13: I may not be the best deckbuilder around, or the best at picking a great team, but, as active as I attempt to be, I should be able to put in the time and effort to make a decent deck (even better if someone is there to aid me)

DoubleCapitals: Being a master means caring for your element, willing to fight for your element so it attains the glory that it truly deserves. I would say that the traits a master would hold include being a caring person, kind, willing to negotiate, but also a strong duelist, and an even stronger forum member.

CleanOnion:
Spoiler for Why is this girl even famous?:

Zawadx (higs): Fire means having a passion. I've been deeply attracted to fire ever since I was 4 (tried to grab the candle flame on my 4th birthday.), and it often keeps me going in the darker times of life, "I could be playing elements right now, making so many fire decks!" And that power would only increase if I became a Master. It's not like I'll become one this trials, but hey, I can only hope.

Zawadx (jenkar): In Phase 1, I did a lot of things right, but perhaps I left a lot of information unchecked in my Task 4, and my story in Task 3 was not the best story out there. I should have supplied more decks and made the story more descriptive. I did like my banner, however. Phase 2 was where I made a lot of wrongs. My deckbuilding wasn't as central as it should be (i.e. my terrible fractix), and I wasn't able to predict my opponents' maneuvers sometimes (This happened a lot vs. Zyardran and www3.). I still consider myself lucky that I won against Ryli. Hey, at least I didn't make any illegal decks!

Zawadx: I would have arbitrated bans. And no, I don't intend to become a Trial Overseer, for I don't believe I could hold such a responsibility.

Basman-1453: Ouch... it would have to be a toss-up between Gravity, Air, and Earth. Air and Earth because woop woop Cremarushes, and Gravity because it's one of the more basic synergies with Fire, and it was something I liked when I wasn't as experienced as I am now. I would not try to general any other element than the element I would be the master of, because that would make a few processes more confusing if I were to master one element and general another.

Zyardran: Fire's my favorite element, and it's the one I can relate to the most. Fire is like passion, and, although I haven't had much passion until recently, I like to think of it as an ember before it hit the Unstable Gas. If I do become a master, I bet a lot of people would ban fire if I ended up being fire general, so I would either scrap up the remaining competitors or just let someone more experienced general. As for Brawl, I do not think mastery and Brawl go hand in hand anymore (the only master in the most recent brawl was JCJ).

ji412jo: "Fire's my favorite element, and it's the one I can relate to the most. Fire is like passion, and, although I haven't had much passion until recently, I like to think of it as an ember before it hit the Unstable Gas." If I could be a dual-master, I would probably choose either Gravity, Air, or Earth. Root doesn't have that many flaws as a master; his only true flaw is his lack of activity.

Aves: Tough decision... if I had to pick the weakest card in Fire, it would probably be Ash Eater/Brimstone Eater, because Ash Eater, in my opinion, has practically no place as a card, and Brimstone Eater is that, but it also generates Fire Quanta. You can't really say that it's good immolation fodder, because damsels have the same stats, only that it costs 0 and that it generates Air Quanta (Air is a good synergy with fire, with Fire having a lot of airborne creatures, and UG existing, so it's very acceptable to use damsels.). You could argue that Fire Shield is the weakest card, but it has its place in decks such as firestalls. I will say that it does have its uses in a Brimtal such as:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dm 7dm 7dm 7du 7du 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80a 80a 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 8po

Throw in all of your brimstones in hand except for 1. Play aether towers and wait for fractal to be usable, then cast it on the brimstone eaters. Cast explosion and t-bolt as necessary. Keep casting fractal on the brimstones until you deem it necessary to use fractal on the seraphs for huge burst damage. Shard of Bravery will be there for you if you require drawpower.

Although the simulator says this deck has around an 8-10% chance of winning against AI4, it's a lot higher than that, considering the AI is probably not versed in this strategy.

The toughest question would probably have to be any of them but mine. You have to put some deep thought into all of the other users' questions, but for me, it's "pick a bad fire card and make a decent deck out of it." I would make a pretty good fire master, because I'm passionate, willing to learn, and interactive, especially when I have such a large collection of friends to talk with in Blab. I don't care about fame and fortune, I just want to have fun. As for the falls in every recent war that fire lost since breaking Aether's winning streak, I will go war by war.

War 10: It didn't seem like Fire focused a lot on off-element synergies, only having a lot of Earth, Air, Light, and Aether. I was surprised to see not a lot of other cards, and I think that made fire a lot more predictable to the other teams.

War 9: Fire had the least amount of points for vault building, first of all. When you really look at it, it's rather taxing. Sure, 1,080 points doesn't seem like much, but that's about 7, 8, or 9 really meta cards, Fractal, for example. Fire did place 5th, which is meh, I suppose. At first glance, Fire's vault seemed solid, not losing a card in round 1. Somehow, Fire did get burned out though... I guess it either had to do with deck placing/predictability or something I don't know.

In turn, it seems like the losses had to do with deck predictability, with a pinch of vault building errors (I won't accuse the players themselves, because the players should have the ability to confide and converse with each other to build decks, so the only problem would be if they had a smaller collection of rares or upgrades.). I probably have less knowledge due to being a newer forum member, but I'm fine with that.

Iancudorinmarian: Trust me, I'll make you proud... some day... It is very likely that I will not lead fire in war, IF i become the master of fire, but there's that small chance that I will, if the community trusts me as a somewhat decent duelist. To make others believe I am worthy, I could simply prove that I have pvp prowess. I am already active enough, or I believe I am active enough, but I am not the best at pvp, so that's the main area I need to improve.

Physsion: Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes, people can be harsh, and that's okay, because it lets other people strive to become better.

Cactus: Fair enough indeed; it's merely someone's opinion.

worldwideweb3: It depends on who the Master of Fire is. If it is someone unworthy, I'll ban it. I don't want to be associated with fire if I deem who represents Fire unworthy. Keep in mind, I am lenient on who I judge.

TheOnlyRealBeef: With enough research, people could predict the opponents' preferable archetypes. I would try to balance out good players with cheap players, and maybe take a hidden gem or two with me. I would collaborate, sharing my deck ideas with others, and improving along the way. Considering how active I am, I will usually be there, so I would have to pick people who are relatively active. With my entry, I focused more on options rather than the decks themselves, and I will go element by element.

Life: The only two decks I can think of are SoB Life Rush and SoG Fire Rush. I understand why it's viable not to include this element in auction.

Darkness: There are also not a large amount of decks to use with this one. I can only name RageDolls and Mass PC, but that's all I can think of. Can be excluded.

Time: Not essential, but can sometimes strengthen Fire's speed with its drawpower. Rewind is also useful. Can be excluded, but sometimes helpful.

Entropy: Useful in cremas and essential to Maxwalls. I wouldn't recommend skipping, especially if players wanted options to negate deck predictability.

Death: I would definitely not recommend skipping this. Death and Fire make a pretty good synergy, with Cremas, mass CC,  and Death Effects, cheaper cards to cover both elements' ends and Bone Wall for stallpower while building up fire.

It's likely I would save my powerhouse decks for later rounds, because I feel that some unexpected archetypes would counter the other team's "optimal" deck. By then, the lesser decks would be vulnerable to both types of decks, the more unexpected one, and the powerhouse deck. Of course, deckbuilding would be a must, and, as I stated earlier, I would try my best to collaborate with my teammates. If I was in danger of losing, I could supply a deck with cards that would be nigh-useless for the other team, or make a deck that would counter cards from a loss. (Fractix loses to a life deck, life person makes frogtal, and fire counters it with a RoF control deck.) As you stated, you have made hardcounters for Bone Wall (Which, iirc, one of them was a Catatitan), and there are counters to that from at least one of the elements listed. For one, death could counter bone wall by using a fire-based TMBTC. Another deck would be a form of Entropy Break or Domin, using cards like Dissipation Shield and Antimatter, though Dissipation Shield is not the most meta card I've seen. Either way, if I was in Team Fire, general or not, I would try to confide with other team members about opponents' decks and how to counter them. They say every deck has its counter, and that's my strategy: picking a deck apart until I find that one counter, and although we can't do it with every deck, we can with most of them; how would Fire win if it couldn't?

I had time, so I decided I'd fan the flames on you forumers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:37:55 am by ValerianFlame »
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64512.msg1263294#msg1263294
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 02:23:41 am »
Well this phase is about opinion, there's no wrong votes. If Ian thinks no-one is worthy that's fair enough

*Votes for Cactus for MoF*
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

blarg: Khaleesi