Poll

Who would be the best Master of Entropy?

Calindu
27 (49.1%)
kev
12 (21.8%)
Jen-i
16 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:30:50 pm

*Author

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44396.msg1011743#msg1011743
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 01:37:08 am »
What is the relationship of entropy and randomness? Is entropy always random? Is randomness just a part of entropy?

Thoughts on Abomination | Micro Abomination?

BE is pretty bad as mentioned above. Make me a good deck with at least 5 BE please.

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44396.msg1011839#msg1011839
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »
What is the relationship of entropy and randomness? Is entropy always random? Is randomness just a part of entropy?

Thoughts on Abomination | Micro Abomination?

BE is pretty bad as mentioned above. Make me a good deck with at least 5 BE please.

Entropy & Randomness?
Spoiler for Let me quote Zanz:

Abomination and Mini-Me?
Abomination is amoung the weakest of all mid-range attack creatures, if not the weakest. However, because entropy doesn't have a lot of choice in mid-range attackers (either Abom or use lycan and be forced to use darkness) Abomination still sees a reasonable amount of play.

Micro-Abomination is another story entirely, like Phoenix and Minor Phoenix the upgraded version is cheaper, a move to a more rush like card. However, unlike Phoenix the change is overdone, a four attack creature is worth including in a rush deck, a 2 attack vanilla creature is not. The difference between a cost of 1 and a cost of 2 is in most cases pretty negligible. As a result Microabomination rarely sees play outside of niche decks.

5 Butterfly Effect?
Wow that's pretty brutal, you only ever really want to get one in play, or two at best. So you need to find a way to mitigate those dead draws, either you need to make a jombo (50+ card) deck and use 5 BE for the sake of draw consistency. Or you need to find an alternate use for them. Here's my deck - you can use BE on a lycan for PC, or use it on against ability based creatures as CC. Between it and Antimatter you hopefully have enough stall for your other lycans and perhaps a dragon to finish the job
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tv 6tv 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u8 6u8 6u8 6u8 6u8 8pt
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:03:01 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline Helston

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44396.msg1012053#msg1012053
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »
Potential incentive to vote for kev A: If I make the finals I intend to let chat rand my decks.
As one of those who likes the idea that entropy is more than randomness (I see more as raw energy or potential: Difficult to control, but if you can make it a win-win like Pandebonium you're in the money), I disapprove of this.

Potential incentive to vote for kev B: Who wants to find out whether I’ll let chat rand my team’s War decks?
As the guy who stole your Warmaster job, I approve of this.

One of the more common decks newbies make are Mutation decks (I know, I was one of them). Outside of this, unupped Mutation sees very little use. How would you buff Mutation?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:27:55 pm by Helston »
[15:02:07] Jocko [»] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline Jen-i

• Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44396.msg1012056#msg1012056
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:50 pm »
One of the more common decks newbies make are Mutation decks (I know, I was one of them). Outside of this, unupped Mutation sees very little use. How would you buff Mutation?

I'm not entirely sure that unupped mutation needs a buff - the problem is that it is too unfocussed. Rage Pot is such an effective card because it can be used both as a buff and as creature control, versatile cards are awesome. Unupped mutation can be used both as a buff and as creature control, the problem is that you don't know which result you are going to get until after you've used it. I suppose a simple change would be to allow you to see the result of playing the mutation before you choose your target (of course this would mean you'd have to deal with the normal cancelling of playing a card from hand the the case where you don't get the result you're looking for.

[07:35] <+Absol> i should ask Jen-i on why do he hate ninjas.
[07:35] <+Absol> oh, consider that official question btw
Note sure how this didn't get included earlier - I know I wrote it earlier.

I do not hate ninja's, ninja's hate me. It has come to my attention that all my frustration and rage against the RNG and his fat friend the Oracle has been sadly misplaced. The real culprit are the ninja's they have somehow managed to distract me while spinning the Oracle and  steal my nymphs, replacing them with Soul Catchers and Cloaks, and giving me Nightmares. Occasionally the take their hatred a step further and sneak into my decks and steal all my quanta or all my creatures leaving me raging against the RNG - the truth is its ninja's. They hate me - and they likely hate you too.

Death to the Ninja's - Long Live the Pirate!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:06:34 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline Jen-i

• Death to the Ninja!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44396.msg1013289#msg1013289
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:01:56 pm »
Congratulations Cal & Kev - may your finals be filled with Epicness and a lack of desynchs!
Lux Kyrie

blarg: