*Author

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255199#msg255199
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:14 pm »
Anything with a momentum is a counter to deck 1 preferably poison.
I would use an UG deck vs deck2 with a couple animated owl eye.

Offline lokiburn4

• Reputation Power: 12
  • lokiburn4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.lokiburn4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • E bombs ftw!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255512#msg255512
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 09:23:49 pm »
Hello Everyone! Well, If you've made it to page 3 then you are really interested in what I have to say for my vote, so I'd better make it good! I love the randomness and instability that an Entropy deck can bring to the table vs. just about any strategy. I chose entropy as my element on my personal day 1 playing elements for that reason. I would be proud to represent Entropy as master, and would also be proud to give Zeru a run for his title with some strategic play, given that opportunity! Vote for me and Entropy will come out ahead!

Now to answer your (many!) questions:

Do you think you'l be a better master then Zeru?
Zeru is obviously quite competent! I think I am a worthy rival for the title.

Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
Yes.

Haha. I think we all have our strengths.

What qualities do you think are best in a master?
Lokiburn4: What do you think a master should have?
A master should know what proven strategies work well within his/her element, and always be looking for ways to utilize that element that have not been thought of before. He should promote that element in chat and the forums, bringing energy and excitement (roleplay even) making the element, and elements, shine out to the community as something fun to be a part of.

What does Entropy symbolise for you?
Instability. Random variables. Unforeseen  outcomes.

What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
I will try to embody the aforementioned qualities. I will encourage the growth of entropy based card and deck ideas. I will lead my element to victory in the war, as did my (old, tired ;)) predecessor!

What types of cards does Entropy need in game to finish covering the Element Entropy?
More random outcome spell cards. Development of the cards I discussed in Phase 1 would be a great start. http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19009.msg262155#msg262155

Many people see Entropy as the element that is fragmenting the world (as seen in War II). How could you prove them wrong?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean... but fragmenting the world is a pretty powerful concept. If it makes my element stronger, as the leader and embodiment of that element It would be my duty to harness that power, not deny it.

Q: Discord was a highly controversial card in regards to its strength against mono and duo decks. Even with the upcoming ‘Sanctuary’ card, do you think that Discord should be ‘nerfed’, or do you feel that there should just be more cards added in-game to counter quanta-denial/absorption/removal? If you don't think quanta denial should be affected, should there be more forms of quanta generation (similar to Nova and Cremation in regards to splashing) to help give elements more synergies?
There are many many powerful cards, across the board, and many counters. I do not think a nerf is needed for discord in general, but as it pertains to it's use in war, where duo's account for not only the majority of the strategy involved, but also what make it interesting and NOT rock paper scissors... some sort of counter ingame could be usefully balancing. Such as in the event cards. I think more quanta generation cards are always a good thing as well.

Lokiburn: You slipped under most peoples' radars there for the first two rounds. What are your motivations to becoming the Master of Entropy?

Did I? Well I would use opportunity to get more involved in the community in a Roleplaying aspect, as I see that as one of the benefits, and responsibilities of an elemental master. Such authority and a snazzy forum title, can be used to encourage community growth and involvement of new players  to feel part of something that is growing rapidly! I also wanted to take the opportunity to provide a good challenge to Zeru, as he deserves to be kept in tip top shape via challenging challengers!

1. Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)Honesty,Compassion,Passion, Diligence,Integrity,Patience,Respectful,Attitude or Others.(if any)2. Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)Boastfulness,Proud,Laziness,Disrespectful towards others,Dishonesty,Ill-Tempered, or Others.(if any)
1)Passion - within passion a master can express attitude and diligence, two qualities that I considered being my answer to the question! I think a master (beyond being a skilled player/deckbuilder) should embody their element on a fundamental level. So long as they aren't sabotaging anyones good time, that could mean being Rash for fire, deceptive for Darkness, caring for life etc.

2)Laziness - If your going to be master, you signed up for some responsibility. Live it.

If you were to create a new card for Entropy, would you create one related to the laws of entropy (such as how entropy always increases, which is how the universe ends), or just a card related to randomness, why?
I think either could produce a well thought out and useful card, but randomness produces some wild and fun variables to a game, and fun is why we are all here, right?

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255899#msg255899
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 04:06:31 am »
Question: How random can you be?
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline lokiburn4

• lokiburn4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.lokiburn4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • E bombs ftw!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255973#msg255973
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 06:00:00 am »
Question: How random can you be?

Offline lokiburn4

• E bombs ftw!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255979#msg255979
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:01 am »
An Appeal for your vote!
 :entropy :entropy :entropy
This probably does not need to be said- but Zeru does not need your vote. If you vote for Zeru, you are essentially voting to re-elect him master, without a proper challenger. Now Is The Time!!! Your vote is so important! IF YOU LOVE ZERU YOU MUST VOTE FOR ME!!! Zeru deserves to be challenged by me! Entropy deserves a glorious battle with me Vs. Zeru to herald it's wonderousness! Ps. I love you!

;D

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255985#msg255985
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:25 am »
An Appeal for your vote!
This probably does not need to be said- but Zeru does not need your vote. If you vote for Zeru, you are essentially voting to re-elect him master, without a proper challenger. Now Is The Time!!! Your vote is so important! IF YOU LOVE ZERU YOU MUST VOTE FOR ME!!! Zeru deserves to be challenged by me! Entropy deserves a glorious battle with me Vs. Zeru to herald it's wonderousness! Ps. I love you!

;D
umm yeah i love u too?

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg256353#msg256353
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:27 pm »
Stop multi-posting lokiburn ;)

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg256386#msg256386
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »
Deck 2 is a counter to deck 1 :D
Versus deck 2 I would take firestall probably.
huh. Never thought of it that way. How intuitive.

But I'm sure he's implying that the deck has to follow war regulations, since he pretty much copied the question off QuantumT's.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

QuantumT

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg256473#msg256473
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »
Seeing as the decks I asked people to beat were entropy, I guess I'll have to ask something else ;).

For Zeru and Amilir:

What goes into making a making a successful vault?

An essay isn't required but it does need to be clear and complete.

For lokiburn4, 7wavemaster, and lukce:

What are things that a successful vault must avoid?

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg257605#msg257605
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 05:32:34 am »
To 7wavemaster:
Question 1: Take a look at your forum avatar. If you'll notice most players tend to use an avatar that symbolizes something they like, or for humor, even to show of their favoritism for a certain element.

Explain your avatar, what does it mean to you? Try to advance :entropy in your answer as much as possible, (but the promotion is not necessary)

Question 2: Consider this scenario. You are the next :entropy master.

I want you to think of a player who is very trustworthy and is willing to join you in the next war, (keep the name in mind) do not type the name here

You catch this player red handed, they are illegally boosting your teams chances in war (the methods are not important) but it is clear. This player is openly showing this to you because of trust.
Question 3: Again, consider yourself the next  master. The entire council is meeting to decide on changes about the current trial system. They ask you to join in the discussion.

In this scenario they are willing to make changes based on your opinions. Give a few suggestions about the how the current trial system could be changed. 

Fail quote

I know i won't be next entropy master but il have fun answering questions.

Q1. I just chose the pic because i like anime nothing to do with entropy.  I could change it to match entropy like lots of people are doing but meh.

Q2. I would let him be and help him do it some more. I would make him stop and would report him to moderaters for fixing the damage.  Even if it costs Entropy the war.

Q3. Well unless some trust worthy people have like telepathic powers and stuff its gonna be hard to determine who would be the "best" master.  I would like it if all players be able to challenge the master however.

Offline lokiburn4

• E bombs ftw!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg257999#msg257999
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
Question 1: A lot of players "grind" in most CCG, CTG, etc. Some rather despise the monotonous action, others actually enjoy it and find it a release.

During your humble beginnings which side were you on? Has it changed now that you are in the trials for :entropy?

Question 2: Consider this scenario: You become the next :entropy master.

Zanzarino personally comes up to you for advice on ways to "nerf" :entropy. Please give a response.

Question 3: Consider the same scenario as before, you become the next :entropy master.

The popularity of war has drawn an unprecedented number and the amount of raw talent and quality players is there. ScaredGirl personally comes up to you for advice on ways to have every player who wants to join war, to join in the fun. (for the sake of the argument consider the bidding of players will now be for x3 players or x4 players from the last war)

Give your advice.

Q1) I cannot grind for long with only 1 deck, character, whatever depending on what game I play. In WOW I had like 18 characters lvls 8-32 across the board on races, alignment, class, etc. I cannot just do one thing for long. In CCG's that can actually work in my favor I suppose, because While I try everything out, my score goes up and up :). Currently I have 9 different EFFECTIVE FG farming decks, 3 of which are entropy variations I created from classic models. So in that regard the Entropy trials are a natural progression of an element interest I already had!

Q2) I would have to respond as I always do to the concept of Nerfing: It can best be accomplished by making more exceptional cards for the other elements. If all the cards are OP, in different ways, then none of them will be. And this will all just get more and more interesting!

Q3)I have two thoughts on this:
1) We could have bidding as usual for 4 team positions, and the remaining 4 would be filled by the winners of a competition. All would be welcome in the competition, the top 48 places choose their element team in order of their victory, the losers go on to the underworld battle.
2) Make the teams bigger to accommodate all interest, and modify the vault and discard size accordingly. Maybe i'm missing the reason this is not done, as it seems the obvious solution.

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg258379#msg258379
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 03:47:45 pm »
IF YOU LOVE ZERU YOU MUST VOTE FOR ME!!!
???  wait... but, huh? so... confused

*votes*

anything
blarg: