*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254659#msg254659
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

Major congratulations to Team Entropy for War #2! :D I think all (or most) of you guys would have seen this question coming, so I definitely expect a thought-out answer. After all, let's face it; if Zanzarino doesn't address this quanta issue in the next patch, we're gonna have problems...

Q: Discord was a highly controversial card in regards to its strength against mono and duo decks. Even with the upcoming ‘Sanctuary’ card, do you think that Discord should be ‘nerfed’, or do you feel that there should just be more cards added in-game to counter quanta-denial/absorption/removal? If you don't think quanta denial should be affected, should there be more forms of quanta generation (similar to Nova and Cremation in regards to splashing) to help give elements more synergies?

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254697#msg254697
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:56 am »
Command me, Master! You know who you are!

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254755#msg254755
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 01:28:15 am »
If a question is similar, threat one answer as answer to both.

Is discord more about scrambling letters or words? More seriously, why Entropy?
Discord is about scrambling quanta.
I randomly picked Entropy as my first element, it brought me into the game, it was the offence in my first anti-FG deck and well, I wanted to sing up for all 12 trials, but I am only allowed to pick one.

What does Entropy symbolise for you?

For me Entropy is a symbol of the ever changing world. It leaves a lesson to not dwell in the past but cherish every moment and every phase of ones fragile and limited existence. In other worlds: Rays of Light are cute but Devouring Armagios are useful.

What will you do for this element as a Master?
I will win another war. I might also start a complex thread explaining my Time/Entropy FG-killer's strategy. It might be very helpful for people, who got bored of the decks currently available in the forum.
What is your vision?
Epic prophecy coming. More cards in the bazaar, more possible strategies to perform, more epic pvp events.

What types of cards does Entropy need in game to finish covering the Element Entropy?
If you mean, what kind of powers does Entropy lack, then the answer is: A killing method alternative to damage, and really powerful attacking creatures. If you meant: what kind of cards would help bring out Entropy's essence, then I would say, it does not need any, as it's well defined. Entropy is a force that embodies creative destruction, sacrifice of ones form to achieve a new existence. To make it clearer, Supernova is a card that shreds  :entropy into pieces, allowing other elements to exist, discord then destroys them, turning them back into  :entropy, closing a cycle of the world. Fallen Druid does the same thing, but he works with creatures. Other cards break the rules of logic with their paradoxes and peculiar, unique mechanics.
Examples:
"If you are powerful, you pose no treat. If you are weak, you have a great chance to win" - Maxwell's Demon, Antimatter.
"If you want to defeat me, you must reduce my quanta (not hp) to 0" - Dissipation Field
"I am dead yet I am alive" - Schrödinger's Cat
Entropy does not need cards to define itself, it can build upon what it already has. Peculiar mechanics, uncertain effects.

Many people see Entropy as the element that is fragmenting the world (as seen in War II). How could you prove them wrong?
After showing ScaredGirl our ways of battle and organization, she replied with: "That is taking the War to a new level". All other teams were simply not prepared as well as we were. Our auction, initial vault, each of the deckbuilding and battle rounds - all of this was made in high quality. On top of that, we were lucky, when skill alone could not handle the situation.

First, I'll tell you what I'm looking for in a candidate.  In a word, I'm looking for maturity.  Not age, necessarily, but a sense of responsibility to the community.  This can obviously manifest itself in many ways, but some that come to mind are leading your element in War (why you would be good at it, not giving away your plan of attack), spreading the gospel of your element (think xdude's signature of "Dare you to think Light sucks?  Challenge me.  NOW!", or even simply helping people with deck building/development.
Whether I am mature or not, I leave the people around me to decide. I would be good in leading Entropy for a simple reason. I was part of it in War #1 (second place), and War #2 (overkill, we did not lose a single team member). And I am aiming to get an ever better score next time.
As for spreading the gospel of my element, I have build a legend of luck, having epic draws when it mattered or, ironically, by having some weird situations around me (once I typed: "RNG likes me" exactly at 00:00:00 without any special thought or aiming).
I'm usually helping another community, at Kongregate, where Elements is also hosted. Even today I set up an Arsenic farm for a new player and helped her design a rainbow poison deck. I quite regularly show my FG's decks and teach using them to whoever is interested. It ranges from simple ideas: Hope Tutorial to very precise countermeasures for any opponent. Hopefully that satisfies your question. I'm not sure how to conclude it. You can always ask another one if you need to.

Q: Discord was a highly controversial card in regards to its strength against mono and duo decks. Even with the upcoming ‘Sanctuary’ card, do you think that Discord should be ‘nerfed’, or do you feel that there should just be more cards added in-game to counter quanta-denial/absorption/removal? If you don't think quanta denial should be affected, should there be more forms of quanta generation (similar to Nova and Cremation in regards to splashing) to help give elements more synergies?
It was already nerfed indirectly and it will be weaker in the new environment. Again I will say what I was saying all the time. Rush usually fails to control, which fails to stall, which fails to rush. Denial does not fit into a cycle like that, because it is meant to stop the enemy before he can play his strategy, so it does not matter what he is using. Of course, there are a lot of anti-denial strategies. In my opinion the teams were not prepared enough to face them. Example battle  (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14581.0.html) has shown, that some teams prepared counters, won the gamble of guessing the opponents deck and still failed. This particular example is spectacular as their "counter" lost twice with an EM. My team on the other hand has had countermeasures to all possible strategies. Perhaps I am biased, but whenever someone decided to use a discord against us, he only gave us a neat loot. The broken card didn't work on us? Why? Ask Pervepic how did he manage to survive that long despite our best efforts.
You are free to think what you want but tell me this: Why should Discord be banned but Graboid, Poison, Miracle, Fractal, Black hole or any other key card should not? I've yet seen a good answer to this. The only bans in war were: Shards for flavour reasons (and SoG to powerful in unupgraded environment), and Voodoo Doll, because it was proven to cause terrible error in pvp.
As for your general question. If quanta denial will be weakened than other strategies will be strengthened as a result. We will simply alter our strategy and win again. There is no solution to this, War is a test of skill to find the best option.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254771#msg254771
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:56 am »
It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.
What is Gravity?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Zeru

• Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254799#msg254799
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 02:18:39 am »
What is Gravity?
If Entropy is creative destruction, an ever changing process, individualism, then Gravity is peaceful protection, everlasting stagnation, law.
It is enforced in the powerful nearly unkillable units and sheer force capable of shredding any shield to pieces (momentum, pulverizer's destroy).
It's protective capabilities show when merged with  Earth. Enchanted Gravity Shield and a Bassilisk Blood is a line of defence than any rush deck needs to fear. Being the polar opposite of Entropy, it is capable of undoing Entropy's will of scrambling itself (Black Hole destroys Nova). We can also see the antagonism in the weapons. Discord is a destructive force that forces it's target to change it's form into an unfamiliar one. Elemental hit by a Discord has plenty of quanta he cannot use. Titan or Pulverizer users find that kind of tactic pathetic, as they simply strip their opponent of their defences and defeat them with brute force.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254918#msg254918
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:56 am »
A few questions for everyone:

Zeru: If you were to suffer the same fate as Antagon and be forcefully shipped off to ScaredGirl's basement before the Final Battle, who would you think will become the Master of Entropy, and why? Also, what are your thoughts on the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

Amilir: At times, the tone of your posts seem to be a bit cold and aloof. Do you think that it would hinder your efforts in promoting your element to others and becoming the Face of Entropy if you were successful in becoming the next Master of Entropy?

Lukce: You've been a subject of controversy recently (i.e. Phase 1 word counts, the standalone Malignant Cell incident today) and some members seemed to be mistrustful of your actions because of that. How would you address these allegations?

Lokiburn: You slipped under most peoples' radars there for the first two rounds. What are your motivations to becoming the Master of Entropy?

7wavemaster: Do you intend to continue participating in this phase of Trials, considering that you forfeited the Battle Phase?
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254926#msg254926
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55:47 am »
I probably will, I just couldn't find time for battle phase.

Offline Zeru

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255030#msg255030
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 10:04:39 am »
Zeru: If you were to suffer the same fate as Antagon and be forcefully shipped off to ScaredGirl's basement before the Final Battle, who would you think will become the Master of Entropy, and why? Also, what are your thoughts on the Second Law of Thermodynamics?
The challenger with the highest score of course. And that would be Antagon according to the standings.

As for the second law of thermodynamics, I have evidence (http://tinyurl.com/2fvv26s) that it's true

Offline einherjar145

• Reputation Power: 4
  • einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255121#msg255121
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:32 pm »
Hello!. I got a couple of questions for u guys.

1. Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Honesty,Compassion,Passion, Diligence,Integrity,Patience,Respectful,Attitude or Others.(if any)

2. Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Boastfulness,Proud,Laziness,Disrespectful towards others,Dishonesty,Ill-Tempered, or Others.(if any)

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255155#msg255155
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »
If you were to create a new card for Entropy, would you create one related to the laws of entropy (such as how entropy always increases, which is how the universe ends), or just a card related to randomness, why?

Offline einherjar145

• Reputation Power: 4
  • einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255183#msg255183
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 02:44:10 pm »
Hey guys!. I got a deckbuliding question for u guys too.(Have Fun!)

What kind of deck(s) would You use to counter the decks below.

The decks should be all unupped and preferably having no nymphs as you wont know who would have to face the decks.

You would have to use your own element and another element to make the deck. Try and make a deck which ppl would understand how to use it easily.

Code: [Select]
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vi 4vi 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vk 4vk 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vp 4vp 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v
55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt

Offline Zeru

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg255189#msg255189
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 02:51:49 pm »
Hey guys!. I got a deckbuliding question for u guys too.(Have Fun!)

What kind of deck(s) would You use to counter the decks below.

The decks should be all unupped and preferably having no nymphs as you wont know who would have to face the decks.

You would have to use your own element and another element to make the deck. Try and make a deck which ppl would understand how to use it easily.

4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vi 4vi 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vk 4vk 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vp 4vp 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v
55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt
Deck 2 is a counter to deck 1 :D
Versus deck 2 I would take firestall probably.

blarg: