*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254169#msg254169
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:16:41 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Amilir

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Amilir hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254184#msg254184
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »
I have a more epic speech coming, but for the early voters:  Who would you rather have as a master?  The person that revolutionized FG farming, or the person that won an event with the other one's help?   ;)

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254190#msg254190
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
Do you think you'l be a better master then Zeru?
Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
What qualities do you think are best in a master?

Offline Amilir

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Amilir hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254200#msg254200
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »
Yes, I believe I can contribute more to the community than Zeru has.
I don't know the other contestants well enough to say.  I can say I'm better in PvP.
Skill and helpfulness.  The desire and ability to lead and provide for the community.  Most of all, masters should set a good example for all to follow.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254258#msg254258
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:02 pm »
Questions:

General Question: How was Napoleon's Horse, Incitatus, called? Remember, it's name is White. This question was sponsored by Bucephalus, Napoleon's Horses TM.

Zeru: Is discord more about scrambling letters or words? More seriously, why Entropy?
Amilir, Lukce: You are fire trials rejected. Now that jmdt and Kami went out, would you take another chance at joining those?
7WaveMaster: Why Entropy?
Lokiburn4: What do you think a master should have?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254317#msg254317
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Entropy symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254321#msg254321
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:33:29 pm »
What does the Element Entropy symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
What types of cards does Entropy need in game to finish covering the Element Entropy?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254361#msg254361
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:38 pm »
Many people see Entropy as the element that is fragmenting the world (as seen in War II). How could you prove them wrong?

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254373#msg254373
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:14:50 pm »
I chose entropy because no one else seemed to be challenging Zeru.  I don't believe i'l win but i wanted  to have fun.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254387#msg254387
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:33 pm »
not sure if this is allowed... but can I vote for anyone who puts up the best farm on T50?
:P

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254530#msg254530
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:14 pm »
not sure if this is allowed... but can I vote for anyone who puts up the best farm on T50?
:P
why not? it's your vote.

*puts up a non-biting titan/trident farm*
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20046.msg254536#msg254536
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »
I'm gonna start this off by saying that I don't know any of you very well.  I know (most) of you by reputation from War and deckbuilding.

For what it's worth, I take my vote very seriously (probably too seriously, considering this is an free online game, but I digress), and as such would like to ask you a question/would like you to state your case for why I should vote for you.  If you're planning on making a "speech", please feel free to just reply with a link to it.

First, I'll tell you what I'm looking for in a candidate.  In a word, I'm looking for maturity.  Not age, necessarily, but a sense of responsibility to the community.  This can obviously manifest itself in many ways, but some that come to mind are leading your element in War (why you would be good at it, not giving away your plan of attack), spreading the gospel of your element (think xdude's signature of "Dare you to think Light sucks?  Challenge me.  NOW!", or even simply helping people with deck building/development.

I do wish you all the very best of luck and I look forward to getting to know each of you better via this process.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

blarg: