*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg371541#msg371541
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:55:24 am »
Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness
Phase 1 has ended

See the tasks here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29093.0.html).

Post your screenshots, links, shard commentaries, etc here.

Please use "modify" on your first post here rather than adding new posts as you progress through the tasks.  This will help avoid clutter.  Thanks.

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg371645#msg371645
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:01:27 am »
Phase 1 - Proving Your Worthiness
Phase 1 has ended
TASK I
Battle Prowess - The Arena

Deck: Build'm Up and Knock'm Down (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29201.msg398451#msg398451)

TASK II
Card Design - Shards

Shard: Shard of Peacefulness (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398933#msg398933)

• Shard of Charity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg394145#msg394145) by The dictator
    This shard appears to be very simple and straightfoward at first glance.  It embraces the random nature of the element with the draw component and sets up potentially game-winning draws if you get lucky.  Pulling your Purple Dragon immediately after playing the Shard of Charity would indeed be a boon, especially if you already have a couple more lurking in your hand.  Even if you utilize this with cards of other elements, the half cost is still extremely valuable.  Some quanta-heavy elements such as :gravity or :time would certainly benefit greatly from lower cost creatures.  The deck that immediately stands out to me as being a potential game-breaker is an :aether :entropy fractal deck.  Load up on a bunch of :aether quanta producers to fuel fractal and just pack your deck with Purple Dragons/Amethyst Dragons, Abominations, and Shards of Charity.  You don’t even need any :entropy quanta production at all.  Suddenly you have 0 cost 10|5 or 5|5 creatures that you can fractal to your hearts content.  This becomes especially problematic with the upgraded version of the shard since the double draw aspect taken over 6 shards means chances are very good you’ll pull one of 12 creatures on a draw before too long.  It’s even possible to have a 2 turn win if you use an aether mark, lose the coin toss, and start with 6 aether pillars/pends + 1 Fractal + 1 Shard of Charity unupped.  Play out the entire hand and then draw and Amethyst Dragon.  Since they cost 0 to play now, you can play it and Fractal it and play 8 more making a total of 108 damage at the end of turn 2. You could even kill FGs and Arena decks in 3 turns.  I know that’s a perfect case scenario but I think you can see the potential for decks that cannot be beaten there.  Aside from that little issue, the only thing that seems unclear is how odd numbered card costs would be handled.  When you halve them are they rounded up or down?  On a Pharaoh for example, the difference between it costing 4 or 5 is fairly important.
  • Shard of Logic (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg394491#msg394491) by teffy
    This shard is very confusing to me.  You have created a shard for :entropy that creates an effect that is only beneficial to the :death cards Bone Wall, Boneyard/Graveyard, and Vulture/Condor.  Additionally the effect itself is only useful upon the death of a creature, unless you are using Schrodinger's Cat.  So now you have an :entropy shard that can only be useful in a duo deck with :death and requires using a 1|1 creature to have maximum effect.  This severely limits the usefulness of the shard for :entropy as currently it would really only see use in a Pandebonium type of deck.  While it may be possible to create some type of Cat + Condor buff deck, that duo seems far too slow to be reliable in a PvP, FG, or Arena situation which just leaves lower level AIs as places it might be effective and there are already a large number of far better decks to use for people looking to farm those levels.  Then you look at the additional infection mechanism in the upgraded version and the shards starts to look more and more like it should belong to :death.  I feel this shard has an extremely limited usefulness to the point that it would simply become another Luciferin type card that is used more in fun decks than in any serious ones.  You mention in your notes that you tie this to :entropy through quantum mechanics, but :entropy is more about thermodynamics and this shard doesn't take that into account.  I'm also confused about your note that it does not synergize with Immolation.  I believe death effects are still triggered when you use that on a card so why wouldn't they be doubled by this shard as well?  But looking past all this, I think the strongest deck synergy for this card would be Aflatoxin.  Making a :death :entropy or :death :fire deck utilizing Aflatoxin and Shard of Logic could create some powerful stalls.  If you use the shard on a single cell, the self-replicating nature of it will fill your opponents field with a large number of easily dispatched creatures that will give 4 Bone Wall counters/2 Skeletons/2 Vulture counters each when used in combination with Pandemonium or Rain of Fire.  That might make a Vulture card slightly more useful in a farming/PvP format if the combination of Shard, Bone Wall, and Vulture could be properly balanced.  Most of all though, this Shard really does belong and synergize best with :death and should probably be redesigned as a :death shard.
  • Shard of Equality (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg397890#msg397890) by Solarias
    This is a shard concept that I had thought about trying to make a :gravity card for in the past but was never able to really balance it well.  You tackled a difficult concept and I think you did a fairly good job balancing it.  It seems a bit odd as an :entropy shard however since most :entropy creatures won't benefit from this effect.  Thinking it over with the HP restriction this shard is probably most useful as a damage reduction/CC option.  It would really slow down Graboid decks and would really do a number on :fire creatures.  I could also see it having use as a way to avoid Maxwell's Demon (probably not a good thing from an :entropy shard).  I think the HP restriction really limits this cards use as anything other than a niche card.  Growth creatures really would not be affected by this to any significant degree.  Many others are identical in attack and defense, with more only 1 or 2 points apart.  That gap is really not enough to warrant a price of 4 quanta.  The upgraded version is a little better since it allows you to include Pharaoh's and Basalt Dragons, but at a cost of 5 to add just a pair of cards to the list it seems very situational.  Unfortunately the element that could benefit the most from this in :gravity is really shut out from really getting the boost needed from that card.  One thing you might consider it changing the effect to have it equalize the attack and health of a target, so that it will become a viable card for use with Armagio and Colossal/Massive Dragon.  Put a 30hp cap on it so that Titans will be excluded.  This would still let it retain some of it's effectiveness against :fire and dragons.  I'd also consider changing the element to :gravity since that element is probably the one who most benefits from a shard like this.  Thinking about decks, the current version might be most useful in stalls especially Dissipation Shield ones.  It would pair well with Antimatter to allow you to neutralize high attack creatures that threaten to break your shield.  If it were modified to something similar to what I suggested it would open up a huge amount of additional deck options, such as using it in a :darkness :earth Gargoyle deck, or a mono :gravity deck, or even with Rage Potions to buff dragons.
  • Shard of Intuition (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398128#msg398128) by 10 men
    First off I must say well done. This is a brilliant concept that really captures some of the spirit of :entropy.  This card could be an excellent addition to FG or Arena farming Quantum Pillar rainbow decks.  It would definitely replace Mindgate in decks of that type for sure.  The high activation cost really limits it from being useful is smaller rainbow decks like CCYB and really excludes it as being useful in a serious PvP format.  That's really the main problem I see.  To make real use of the card you need to run a Quantum Pillar rainbow.  Supernova rainbows can be used but at a 5 :rainbow cost and 4 :entropy activation that's extremely expensive.  Playing a single Antimatter costs less quanta overall and probably nets similar results.  It is very hard to envision many decks that would be able to use this outside of a FG/Arena farmer.  Possibly reducing the activation cost or the playing cost could help make this more viable in a PvP format.  I'm assuming Pillars and Pendulums can be draw as part of those random cards as well right?  This would help offset the risk of lowering the cost since those are a lot of potential cards that most likely would have no damaging effect.
  • Shard of Chastity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398439#msg398439) by ak65ala
    This is a well-designed card with a very original effect.  You did an excellent job at relating the cards effects with the virtue name for the shard.  Chastity implied pure and unspoiled, or even untouched and by increasing active skill costs you discourage "touching" the creatures.  It is vanilla enough to be useful in any deck type and balanced enough to give you an advantage, but not one that is potentially overwhelming.  By increasing the cost of active abilities, you can really mess with the quanta balance of finely tuned decks.  I can see this being a very effective card in PvP and FG/Arena decks both since both areas seem to heavily rely on active skill uses in decks.  I'm trying to think of a few decks this would be very effective in, but some of the wording is a bit confusing and I'm not sure if I fully grasp how it is supposed to work.  You mention that is has a constant upkeep in a way that makes it seem like a negative, but the activation cost per round is 0, so where is the upkeep?  Is this a permanent like flooding that requires spending quanta each turn in order for it to remain on the field?  I'm also a bit confused by the stacking mechanics.  The way it seems to be written says that playing multiple shards would be a negative since the activation cost after the first turn is equal to the number of shards you had in play last turn.  Wouldn't that mean only playing one at a time is the cheapest option?  Having 6 shards out would me spending 5 quanta per turn to activate rather than 1 quanta for just a single shard.  Following that line, what type of quanta would the upkeep/activation abilities use?  Would it be restricted to elemental such as :entropy or would it be random?  Also, do the effects of the shards stack?  For instance, if I have 4 in play at once in a stack and activate them do that just increase active skill cost by 1 or by 4?  How does this effect mutants with an active skill costing :entropy, would they also be immune to this shard or would only the 4 specific :entropy skills listed be exempt from this effect?  If it's only those abilities, would off-element mutants with those abilities also be exempt?  As you can tell I have a lot of questions on the exact mechanics of this, so it's hard for me to suggest how to change the wording to clarify things until I really understand what your vision for this shard is.  A good start would probably be to mention that there is an upkeep cost in the text so playing will know that it is not a one-time playing cost.  This effects unupped Novabows most since their overall quanta supply if far more limited.  I would also suggest re-wording the part about the activation cost to make it more clear that multiple shards increase the activation cost.  This would be made much easier if you devised a name for the shards ability.  Maybe something like Levy.  You could then change the card text to state "X-1: Levy  All creatures active ability costs increase by X, where X is the number of shards in play.  :entropy creatures are immune."  I'm not sure if that is exactly what you were going for but I think it conveys my idea so you can have something to start working with.
  • Shard of Intuition (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398652#msg398652) by MatrimKK
    This is an interesting card concept.  The mechanics are very simple which makes it useful in any type of deck.  One positive to this is that it would make larger decks faster and more feasible with the increased speed.  This is very similar to Precog with the instant draw, and Sundial with the 0 upped cost.  In fact, this card would probably replace Precog in most decks.  This raises the question of whether this card is really something that embraces :entropy or :time more.  The most similar cards out there to it currently belong to :time, and increasing the draw rate has always been an ability exclusive to that element.  The only aspect of this card that even touches :entropy is the random discard and choosing a specific Mark would eliminate even this.  I just don't really see how this fits into the current :entropy theme in the game, or even with the concept of :entropy in the physical world.  Looking past all that, the shard itself may need to have a slight cost increase.  Compared to Precog it's a fast, cheaper (even free) version.  I'd hate to see a shard make another card obsolete.  I think the obvious decks something like this would fit into are Supernova rainbows.  This card could make versions as large as 40 cards not only viable, but almost as fast as the 30 card ones.  This would also fit in nicely with a deck like CCYB, letting you cycle the deck faster to find that critical Permafrost Shield, Protect Artifact, or Antimatter that you need to stay alive and win.
TASK III
Deckbuilding

Carpe Diem!!

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg371735#msg371735
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »
Task I
Battle Prowess - The Arena
Completed

Deck of Awesomeness (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29127.msg397595#msg397595)

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Technically these wins aren't with the exact same deck - Willy suggested in my deck thread that I add Discord to the deck - I took his suggestion and it seems to work fantastic - I replaced the Pandemonium with Discord - and the result is my wins in Gold
Platinum

Task II
Card Design - Shards
Completed
1)  Design a Shard - Shard of Creativity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg397630#msg397630)
2) Shard Constructive Criticism
Shard of Potential - by: iCall_uHobo
     Cost: 4 :entropy      Effect: Mutate every creature with under 4 attack
Hobo my friend, I've just a couple formatting comments to start with - you need to submit an unupped version of the card as well - Zanz's plans for the new shards are that they will have a lesser effect unupped - not no affect like they do right now. In addition the shards, while aligned with an element are still "Other" cards not elemental cards - so the boarder and the cost must be changed to reflect that. Also the idea of the elemental affinity is that the card gives some bonus - usually small - to the element with which it is aligned - I know that mutation is an entropy ability but it gives an entropy deck no special advantage. And finally you need to provide clarity as to which mutation ability you are suggesting - there are two used in the game - mutation and improved mutation. If you were to follow the pattern set by Fallen Elf/Druid the unupped version of the shard would use mutation and the upped version would use the improved mutation. This would make the unupped version a hybrid of CC and buff - killing some creatures and buffing others, the upped version would fit well into a swarm deck - possibly a pillarless one filled with 0 cost creatures - or a :Aether deck filled with the same creatures and fractal.
Shard of Charity - by: The dictator
     Cost: 3 :rainbow (6 :rainbow upped)
     Effect: The next card(2 cards) you draw will have their cost halved for the rest of the game - if that card is entropy it will be free
   Hey Dictator - I love the concept of this card, its not like anything the game has yet, and while it seems like it would be tough to code - this competition is about design ideas and not about feasibility. I just have a couple questions for the sake of clarity. When you say "for the rest of the game" do you mean that: cards with this title have their cost halved for the rest of the game, that this specific card has its cost reduced (does this then affect, replay after rewind, mitosis or fractal), or simply that the cost reduction persists even if you can't or don't play that card the turn you draw it? The other question is simple - do you round cost reduction up or down - I don't know what the game's default is.
     Cost wise - I think the card is probably too expensive (unless it affects all cards of that title) - as it stands it only becomes cost effective with cards that cost 7 or more quanta (4 if dealing with :entropy cards) and even at 7 it would make better sense to just add an additional pillar to your deck. The 1 point cost reduction is not worth the card space. The only place you might be able to argue the cost effectiveness of the card is with cards that are equivalent in cost to dragons. In which case the card pushes you to play a high cost mono or duo deck.Shard of Autonomy    by: YoungSot
     Cost: 3 :rainbow
     Effect: Each turn a random, non-Entropy card in play is ignored (Upped can target the opponent's entropy cards).
     Well done YoungSot - interesting stall idea, and implemented nicely. I have a couple questions about interactions with other cards - are immaterial, immortal & burrowed cards immune to this? And how does this interact with pillars and pends? If this affects them individually it will probably be seriously UP - as odds are it will affect pillars far more often than any other card. Shutting down 1 pillar is nice - but at a cost of 3 it's tough to justify the cost. Does it affect the whole stack of pillars? This would be seriously OP - drop one of these first turn and unless your opponent is running nova or immo they're done. I feel that it should ignore pillars and pends entirely - it makes the interaction of this card far more interesting and stops what may be too strong a synergy with Discord. One more interaction to question - how does it affect bonewall? Does it turn off the entire wall or just one layer?
     I love the fact that the card pushes away from playing rainbow decks - by explicitly targetting them with the effect, and drives you to play either mono-entropy or an entropy duo using spells only from the off-element. It looks like it could be an interesting part of either a Discord-BH build, or and EQ Panda build. Shard of Individualism - by: MildlyFrightenedBoy
    Cost: 6 :rainbow (7 :rainbow upped)
    Effect: The target creature gains the skill of a random Nymph (Upped - convert the skill cost to quanta of the target's element)
Mildly Frightened Boy - is that an homage to ScaredGirl by any chance? I love it! Let me provide you with a little feedback about your shard. A couple quick comments - zanz is looking for shards that give the element with which they are aligned some sort of boost - so you need some sort of benefit for an entropy player. But larger than that - while the idea is interesting it is overshadowed by the card Nymph's Tears. Tears is a water card - so its not quite as accessible, but it does the same task even better by allowing you to control what Nymph you get in the end. The problem with a random nymph is that too many of the nymphs have interesting but weak skills. And while both :earth and :gravity are strong skills they really come into their own when you get multiples in play. That will be hard to do with this shard. Let me offer a few suggestions on ways to improve the card and keep its core concept: Have the skill be controllable - have the nymph's skill be based on the element of the creature you target, or make the card a permanent - with the ability to give the nymph abilities to creatures - that way instead of being one use - you get multiple chances with one shard. To make this card more useful for entropy - either give it a stat boost when targetting entropy creatures - or even better allow an entropy creature to use its skill immediately.Shard of Humor - by: xn0ize
     Cost: 6 :rainbow (4 :rainbow upped)
     Effect: Does a random effect at the beggining of each turn. :entropy : You get to target the next effect.
   Hey Noisey - nice to see you give me some fodder to comment on - and I love the randomness of the Shard. Just a note - I made a slight language change in my effect above that makes it a little clearer. Like Chaos Seed and Pandamonium random effects can have great strength - especially in large numbers - however without limiting the list of what effects are possible - how random are we talking here? How do you explode an oty or Earthquake the opponent, or firelance his pillars. We need a list of effects that either don't need to differentiate between target types, or we need to limit the possible targets to share the same cards we can use to effect them - or the target needs to be chosen first and then the effect chosen from a list appropriate to that target.
   There is a very short and uninteresting list of effects that can target everything: freeze, delay & copy. It is far more interesting to choose a target and then choose an effect based on that target type. Perhaps 10 or so effects for each class of target: permanent, creature, & player.
Permanent: Freeze, Copy, Destroy, Delay, Rewind, Steal, Protect, Immaterial
Creature: Freeze, Copy, Delay, Lightning, Rewind, Anti-matter, Burrow, Immaterial
Player: Drain Life, Lightning, Ice Bolt, Delay

Hey Xn0ize - thanks for the response to my comments - I appreciate it - To let my readers know - the idea of the shard is that it would target pillars as well, here's the short list of effects available:

Permanent: Destroy, Steal, EQ
Player: Drain, Ice Bolt, Fire Bolt
Creature: Same list as Chaos Seed

With this in mind Xn0ize - I think the shard will end up targetting the opponents pillars far to often to get an interesting effect from it - The high cost stops it from entering play too soon - which would cripple any mono opponent - but by the time you are ready to play it targetting quanta sources just has too little effect - at least in my opinion.

On the flip side - a first turn nova and this shard basically kills your opponent unless they are running a nova or immo deck - you kill them with CC and poison damage and let your shard smash everything they have in play.

Again thanks for the response - and I like the card idea - keep them coming
Shard of Determination - by: Marvaddin
   Cost: 4 :rainbow
   Effect: Creatures and players can't heal or gain HP. Cause 2/3 damage to your opponent if your mark is fire.
   I love it - it capture's fire essence quite nicely - talk about a hard counter to the FG Miracle. I'd make a small suggestion to the language used on the card "If your mark is :fire deal x damage to your opponent" not a big change but it makes it a little clearer.
   As to how this fits into Fire's current decks - I'm not sure entirely where it fits - which says something about where :fire 's decks are at. In an immo-deck it barely deals enough damage to be included - however it makes use of the :rainbow quanta generated by immo. It fits quite nicely into a Firestall deck - unfortunately I don't want to support that deck type - It may be possible to build a deck using these and fahrenheit as your only sources of damage  - too many perms for most decks to deal with - pack the rest of the deck with CC like firestall and it may even be faster.
   The effect on creatures is really a minor point - there is a very short list of decks that rely on healing for their creatures - and while it also shuts down HP buffs to creatures - that is really only effects buff TU decks and BB Voodoo decks. Still it is a nice synergy with Fire shield - and again overloads most decks PC.
Task III
Deckbuilding
Completed

1) Thunderwolves (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26658.msg397838#msg397838)
2) Anzkids Crazy Deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26637.msg397936#msg397936)
3) Mutant Factory (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28723.msg397946#msg397946)
4) Schrodinger's Pet Vulture (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,27732.msg397959#msg397959)
5) Flying Vader Sader (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,27516.msg397972#msg397972)
6) A Different Kind of :entropy (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28078.msg397982#msg397982)
Lux Kyrie

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg371762#msg371762
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:59 pm »
Posting deck here until I figure out what place I'm supposed to post it at:
Please post it in Deck Ideas forum and link it here.  And grats on getting it done!

Task I Completed
Credit given in Standings thread.

Offline MatrimKK

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg371813#msg371813
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »
Task 1 Dunes_of_Chaos (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29155.0.html) Completed
Platinum

Gold

Silver

Bronze (Why not :P~)

Task 2 Shard of Intuition (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398652#msg398652) Completed
Shard of Charity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg394145#msg394145):
I have to say I like the way this card is flavored for Entropy.  Make sure you change it's to its and halfed to halved to be grammatically correct.  On a more serious note, currently the way your card is worded is confusing and your notes don't cover some of the immediate questions I or others might have.  First and foremost, the wording "the next card you draw will have it's cost halfed for the rest of the game."  Does this mean the card or cards (for the upped version) drawn will have the reduced cost, or will later copies of that card drawn also have the reduced cost?  If all copies of the card are effected, I think that coupled with fractal could be very, if not too, effective.  A good example of this would be an Aether Pendulum Super Nova Rainbow using Amethyst Dragons and Fractal as the main combo and Rewind to ensure a draw and some other low cost creature control and permanent control.  If I drew a creature played it them mitosis on the creature what would the mitosis cost be?  Currently I don't think cards played have this kind of "memory."  If it only effects the single copy of the card, I feel the cost of this card may be too high until some unaddressed questions are cleared up.

Shard of Autonomy (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg394584#msg394584):
Wonderful idea Sot, this soft control is well flavored and balanced.  Your revisions in the notes are quite helpful.  I do believe a few points still can  be cleared up further though.  How will this interact with stacks of permanents?  I believe it should interact with stacks of cards mainly do to its random nature (and I believe this will best adapt to the game code.)  What type of cards are targetable with this, permanents and creatures, or just permanents?  If creatures are effected as "cards in play" I'm afraid this may discourage using this with Pandemonium.  Although this may make some people shy away from Butterfly Effect, I don't feel its randomness or being soft control replaces its niche as permanent control.  Also with multiple copies in play "if" it targets the same card more than once, is the delay stacked or at a maximum of one turn?  When is this ability to be activated, at the end of your turn?  Again I think your idea is balanced and well thought out, but making these points clear in notes can would avoid any future confusion. 

Shard of Creativity (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg397630#msg397630):
Jen, Shard of Creativity is a great idea, but I feel it could be balanced further.  Current it does reward you for using Entropy, but I'm not sure that this is the best way.  Does the Chaos Seed replace your normal draw or do you draw "twice?"  If it replaces your normal draw do you lose the card you would have normally drawn?  As it stands this could possibly fill the opponents hand giving him/her a dead card or denying drawing like nightmare.  While both the random targeting and Chaos Seed are both well flavored for Entropy, I feel the Chaos Seed drawn will create more draw backs than intended.  A possible solution for this is to have Entropy spells and abilities not affected by the random targeting?  This would definitely encourage the usage of Entropy spells and abilities.  Though I am unsure if this would move too far away from your original idea or be the best solution.  All in all I think the current version needs a revision or to be clearer on the mechanics of how and when Chaos Seed is drawn. 

Shard of Humor (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg397709#msg397709)
Very interesting idea indeed Kitteh.  And thank you for covering some frequently asked questions in your notes.  However I do have a few more.  What is chosen first, the effect or the target?  I'll assume for purposes of this critique that the effect is chosen first, otherwise it would not be very helpful to choose a target.  What are the random effects (spells or abilities) that this shard can mimic?  Will this then limit which target can be chosen?  If so this may limit Shard of Humor to more than likely be relied on for a chaos seed or pandemonium effect since creature control is much more common than permanent control.  How would this couple with cloak?  Since cloak would limit what targets could normally be chosen.  Since zanzarino plans to have shards "stack," how will that effect how the activated ability?  Will you only be able to choose one target for all effects?  Or if you have (let's say 3) in stack will you only be able to choose a target for one out of three effects?  A small personal issue is that while an entropy activation makes this more viable for entropy or rainbow decks, I'm not sure that having an fixed element cost is best. 

Shard of Equality (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg397890#msg397890)
Solarias, always a pleasure to see your card ideas!  I have to say this is a great mechanic, that I think would be a great addition to the game.  This card can act as creature control outright killing those with 0 attack.  Soft control giving the card lower attack, or raising the hp of a more fragile creature.  Or even with the limit you set give a more defensive creature a great offensive boost.  To me this seems like a well balance, versatile card with a truly unique mechanic.  Only problem I see is that it lacks something that gives entropy an edge against the other elements.  It does synergy well with Maxwell's Demon and perhaps buffing a creature that has Butterfly Effect played on it, but this could also be said of some gravity creatures or a deck simply looking to mitigate damage.  Perhaps a solution to this might be if you target an entropy creature it will also target a random creature?  While this may not be the best solution, I hope this may give you some ideas as how to improve your great submission. 

Shard of Potential (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.msg398024#msg398024)
This shard is quite interesting, although I see quite a few problems with it just at first glance.  I do enjoy the mass mutation ability of this shard, which is controlled by draining two entropy for each mutation.  This unfortunately seems to put the card outside of zanzarino's vision for the new shards.  This shard simply doesn't work unless you have entropy to drain.  This doesn't make the shard reward entropy, but makes it unplayable without entropy.  Also I liked the restriction to low attack creatures, less than three and less than four for the upgraded version.  Perhaps a solution to this dilemma might be to have entropy creatures receive an improved mutation?  Also if a change similar to this is made the cost should be increased.  Another idea might be entropy creatures might not be effected by the low attack limitation?  Certainly a hard balance to strike, but I sincerely hope this can be reworked as it sounds like a very fun idea!
Task 3 Completed
Time Speedbow? AI3 Grinder (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,25462.msg399907#msg399907)
Vampire power (entropy/darkness AI3) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26622.msg400132#msg400132)
need help with a T50 deck I made (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26977.msg400181#msg400181)
Entropy deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,27779.msg400220#msg400220)
My "all elements" deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28827.msg400320#msg400320)
Entropy AI5 rush ownage (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,25311.msg400335#msg400335)

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Ungrounded
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg374145#msg374145
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 01:21:06 am »

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg374499#msg374499
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:18:09 pm »
Zero points for me, please.

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29106.msg374539#msg374539
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:14:30 am »
Are you that confident in victory or that intimidated by your opponents?
Lux Kyrie

anything
blarg: The dictator,teffy,Solarias,10 men,ak65ala,MatrimKK