*Author

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
13th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67344.msg1293681#msg1293681
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:43:14 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
PHASE 1 DONE

:entropybig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules.

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master iancudorinmarian of :entropy is OUT.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:42:44 am by serprex »

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
    • Reputation Power: 36
    • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
    • Not So Young Elemental
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: 13th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67344.msg1293682#msg1293682
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:45:39 pm »
    Phase 1 entries.

Spoiler for Writing.:
    :entropybig ENTROPY PENTATHLON :entropybig

1st event: FENCING.

Participants use a Discord as their weapon. First hit wins. In some cases contestants may use Dissipation Shield.

2nd event: SWIMMING.

Trialists must swim in Antimatter generated by Purple Nymphs. They must wear special equipment which generates
    a magnetic field, thus saving them from the harmful contact of Antimatter. Players must also check their equipment
    before using them to evade a painful but quick death by said Antimatter. (Nota bene: this part ensures that contestants
    also has some brain, not just brawl.)

3rd event: SHOW JUMPING.

Competitors must ride a Maxwell's Demon through a Dragon's Lair. Jumping/flying through obstacles (small and big piles
    of gold, corpses of unlucky pentathlonists etc.), evading dangerous dragons by smartly using the skill of your mount.
    Of course we wouldn't slay Holy Purple and Amethyst Dragons for a silly game: our trained beastmasters lure other kind
    of dragons from exotic lands. (Those are kinda stupid - hey, they are coming to our event! - and expendable.)

4th event: SHOOTING.

Contestants must hit Schrödinger's Cats with Chaos Seeds. Every error means a penalty in the running event
    (since 4th and 5th event are combined).

5th event: CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING.

Have fun outrunning a Lycanthrope. Now you'll feel the penalty of those poorly taken shots...

In the case of a tiebreaker contestants get hit by a Pandemonium. Survivors win.

Spoiler for Cardmaking.:
    NAME:
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics
    ELEMENT:
    Other
    COST:
    5 :rainbow
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Boosts all sort of random cards and skills. Indestructible.
    NAME:
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics
    ELEMENT:
    Other
    COST:
    3 :rainbow
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Boosts all sort of random cards and skills. Indestructible.

NOTES:
    I always wanted Entropy's chancy cards work more efficiently. You may argue it would help
    % cards, like Fog Shield or SoFree, but no, bonus doesn't work on pure percentage yes/no cards.
    The list of benefited cards: Chaos Seed, Mutation, Discord, Fallen Elf, Pandemonium,
    Shard of Serendipity, Skeleton, Fate Egg and their upgraded version. Why? The word
    "random" is in their description or there is some really funky randomness there. You may
    argue that how the hell should one improve SoSe draws with that, it is up to programming. :)
    This is a mysterious card. Maybe the upgraded is even better... Important: it does not stack.
    SERIES:
    Trials #13 Phase 1

NAME:
    Quanta Flow
    ELEMENT:
    Entropy
    COST:
    2 :entropy
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Cast it on a weapon: it will channel 1 quantum per
    successful hit. Bonus quanta gain is depending
    on weapon.
    NAME:
    Quanta Flow
    ELEMENT:
    Entropy
    COST:
    1 :entropy
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Cast it on a weapon: it will channel 1 quantum per
    successful hit. Bonus quanta gain is depending
    on weapon.

NOTES:
    Let's make DBH decks more annoying, while helping a bit other decks, too. Weapons will produce
    1 quantum according to their Element. Discord produces 1 Entropy quantum and 1 random quantum
    as a side effect due to scrambling. Quanta aren't stolen from the opponent, it is created from the
    damage produced. DBH isn't a fast deck and if Discord fails to scramble properly the advantage is lost.
    This card helps quanta gain of the deck, thus making the deployment of creatures quicker, plus the
    gained extra quanta also helps when the weapon gets stolen.
    SERIES:
    Trials #13 Phase 1

NAME:
    Dyson Swarm
    ELEMENT:
    Light
    COST:
    1 :light
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Produces +100% quanta from Novas/Supernovas.
    Bonus isn't additive. Indestructible.
    NAME:
    Dyson Shell
    ELEMENT:
    Light
    COST:
    2 :light
    TYPE:
    Permanent
    TEXT:
    Produces +200% quanta from Novas/Supernovas.
    Bonus isn't additive. Indestructible.

NOTES:
    Making some bows more efficient. Yeah I know, "they are good enough now".
    Nevermind that, and let's add this sweety. I was thinking about the Element a lot.
    Entropy seemed to obvious and strong and not really thematic. Earth helping their bows
    too much... Gravity seemed thematic. In the end I chose Light since it fits thematically.
    You can produce the first :light quantum needed with a Nova/SN or QP/QT. (Light gotta love
    this, better bows for them.) Highly possible that the first Novas/SN will power the Dyson,
    and only further Novas/SNs benefit from this. 2 copies are just enough for one deck, since
    mathematically you'll just get 2 Novas/Supernovas until you'll get your 1st Sphere.
    The bonus may be negligible for blazing fast games, but can be more helpful in case of running
    a bow domin or SoSe.
    SERIES:
    Trials #13 Phase 1

Spoiler for Disclaimer:
    Cards may need balancing, editing, I'll do that if I'll have time for that.

Spoiler for Art.:
    Story time with some "Art".

Once upon a time there was a beautiful Purple Nymph. One day
    she met a Fallen Elf and somehow they've fallen in love. They had a lot of
    romantic experiences and lots of fun together: long walks in the moonlit
    forest, sneaking up on Lycanthropes and watching them change, watching
    bright stars in the night (and not knowing they saw a Supernova, since
    they weren't good in astronomy) and so on.

Romantic relationships tend to converge to a singular moment... and it happened: she
    has shown her Antimatter to him, and he responded with Chaos Seeds.

Months later a baby was born, and it wasn't a pleasant sight. To be honest
    it was an Abomination. (What did you expect from a Fallen Elf?) The loving
    father decided that he will help his kid, by learning more, being more adept
    in genetic engineering. He became a Fallen Druid, and was able to turn his
    child into a (prince) Crusader.

Years passed and their family was happy. They've even had a very lazy Cat
    - at least they never were able to figure out whether is it dead or alive.
    When they didn't look the cat was quite active, chasing everything, like
    Butterflies, often destroying a lot of stuff in the process.

When the boy hit 18 they gave him the father's heritage sword,
    The Discord. Legends say the mighty Purple Dragons stole the fabled
    Shards of Serendipity, and their son wished to recover them.
    But that's another story...
    :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy

Spoiler for War Bonus:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 11:59:06 pm by Wyand »
    <---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 67
    • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
    • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
    Re: 13th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67344.msg1293691#msg1293691
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 07:59:32 pm »
    Not defending. Not playing as STANDIN either.

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
    • Reputation Power: 15
    • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
    • Young Elemental
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: 13th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67344.msg1293712#msg1293712
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 01:22:46 am »
    Roll a 6d10 with vagman. If he beats you, you have to defend.
    You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
    • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
    • Death to the Ninja!
    • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: 13th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67344.msg1293773#msg1293773
    « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 03:20:34 am »
    :entropy Jen-i :entropy

I think my name is pretty in pink!

Spoiler for Phase 1 Tasks:
    Spoiler for Task 1: An acceptance speech of sorts:

Campaign Manager: Wake Up Jen! Congratulations!

Jen: Wait? ... What? ...

Campaign Manager: You won!

Jen: I won... ? What did I win? I thought it was nap time ...

Campaign Manager: You got voted in!

Jen: I did? I mean ... how did that happen ... I barely remember putting my name down.

Campaign Manager: Um ... well ... ah ... technically you didn't put your name down ... you'd had a little to much rum and I thought it would be funny if I signed you up ... you were drunk enough to give me your password ... so here we are! Congratulations! You Won!

Jen: Um ... so I won ... okay ... ... ... ... How did that happen ... I mean ... what sort of idiot would have voted for me? I mean they know who I am right? RIGHT?

Campaign Manager: It's not about who voted for you ... it's all about how many votes you got! And you got the most votes ... so you win!

Jen: I'm slow ... and my head hurts ... so perhaps I'm not getting it ... doesn't having people vote for you determine how many votes you get?

Campaign Manager: Um ... ... ... ... not necessarily.

Jen: What does that mean?

Campaign Manager: Speaking entirely hypothetically ... if say an especially talented campaign manager were to have the codes for the polling booths ... then perhaps they could vote more than once ... perhaps even more than twice ... speaking hypothetically of course ... if would be entirely in character for a pirate such as yourself to employ less than reputable means of acquiring the needed votes to win. Politics is a game after all ... it's only against the rules if you get caught!

Jen: Oh ... so what your saying is that I got the most votes ... wink ...wink ... nudge ... nudge ... you know what I mean!

Campaign Manager: I can neither affirm nor deny the truth of those statements ... psst the cameras are recording stop trying to get me arrested!

Jen: So your saying I won ... and that the world is expecting me to say something?

Campaign Manager: Ah ... yes ... actually that's the whole reason I came in here!

Jen: Okay hang on then ... let me get my hat so that we can make it official ... I guess this means we're going to have to paint the parrot pink and I is gonna have to buy me a new Jolly Roger ... something prettier perhaps?

Jen: Okay .. let's make it official ...

Jen: I, Jen-i, Grand High Pirate Extraordinaire, Admiral of the Seventh Bathtub Fleet, Commander of the Landlocked Navies, Scourge of The Very Large Lake, Master of Power Naps, Day Dreamer of Magnificence,
    And Captain of The Black Canoe do hereby solemnly swear that with panache and aplomb I will carry out the duties of the Grand Poobah of Chaos, the Potentate of Pink, the Master of Ponies & the Principle of the Pink Pony Pirate Armada.

Campaign Manager: Congratulation Captain!

Jen: Thanks ... by the way ... who actually won?
    Spoiler for Task 2: A Fun New Card:
    Original Art found at here

Specific Interactions:
    Dissipation ShieldEach :entropy blocks 4 Damage
    Dissipation FieldNo Effect
    Lycanthrope & Werewolf Ability gives +6/+6
    NovaNova produces 2 of each quanta
    SupernovaSupernova produces three of each quanta
    DiscordDiscord does 5 damage (7 if upgraded) & scrambles ten quanta
    Butterfly EffectCan target creatures with less than four attack
    PandemoniumAny damage effect from Pandemonium does one additional damage
    Shard of SerendipityProduces four cards
    Chaos SeedAny damage effect from Chaos Seed does one additional damage
    Chaos PowerIncreases the bonus from this card by one

Note: No more than one Rune of Control can be used on any card

Spoiler for Task 3: Something Different ... Something Calvin:

While this is simply another means of having mutations hit the table it's also so much more.

Use #1: Mutate a Singularity ... though Mutation is strictly a better option due to a cheaper cost ... the utility of this ability remains
    Use #2: Mutate a Pendulum or Tower ... while you certain don't want to destroy your early quanta it give great use for the quanta you draw in the final turns
    Use #3: Mutate a Dead Card in your hand ... an extra Discord against an opponent without PC or a Deflag in a match where it's of no particular use
    Use #4: Quanta Denial ... Win the spin & play this card on the first turn and watch your opponent's quanta draw get worse
    Use #5: Difficult Choices ... use this in a later turn to force your opponent to play a card without it's normal effect ... only gaining a mutation

Spoiler for War Bonus:

Hey look there I am! Wow was that a long time ago
    Okay there I am again ... still was a long time ago
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 11:05:34 pm by Jen-i »
    Lux Kyrie

anything
    blarg: iancudorinmarian