Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Entropy?

iancudorinmarian
21 (63.6%)
Wyand
12 (36.4%)
None Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: August 14, 2018, 12:04:36 am

*Author

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278646#msg1278646
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:45:41 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278683#msg1278683
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 04:07:36 am »
@Wyand Being a newer player, how do you feel about going up against someone with more experience that you? Do you believe you can triumph over him?
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278692#msg1278692
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:51:17 am »
What is your definition of Leadership

Obviously taking the initiative is a big part, but for me the most important thing is being able to keep your team going even after disheartening defeats.

For everyone that Trials for their favourite element:
  • If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element? (Quite unlikely, but hey :silly:)
    For the sake of argument, assume that you are not a WM yourself, just in case you're thinking 'I'm a WM, there's no way the WMs will approach me to Gen'.

No. If I don't win trials, then I'm not worthy of being General.

Will you participate in the next Brawl under the flag of your trialing element?
No.

1. Which element do you consider the anti-you?  Which ones rubs you the wrong way or resonates least with you personally?  Please help us understand why this is the case.

2.  Name two previous/current masters (you can include yourself if you wish) who you respect and have been excellent trialists, generals, and representatives of their element.  What traits do these two individuals share?  How are they different?

3.  This question is for anyone that has been a Master before.  Which is more psychologically challenging: winning the first Mastership or defending the Mastership?
1. Light. I never liked light as an element, I found it really boring. And what's more, the most common light decks are stalls with sanctuary (why does a 4 cost card have so many effects?) and sundial (screw this card!).

2. Only two? I think I'd choose Physsion and Afdarenty. Both exceptional players. Differences, I can't really say. I guess different elements and different playstyles? I haven't really analyzed this too much tbh.

3. Definitely winning the first mastership. You're just a newbie that nobody believes in and you're struggling to prove yourself. Once you're a master, you already have more confidence in your abilities the next time around.

Everybody (should) know each Element has its own trait, its strenght and weakness. Being a Master means to know them perfectly.

Said that, explain what's the strenght and weakness of your Element, and, if you had the chance to add just one card (creature, spell, PC, CC, etc...) to your Element, what would it be and why?

Thanks.
Entropy's powerhouses are definitely Discord (one of the most hated cards, able to steal wins if drawn early) and Nova (very versatile card, creating some of the most powerful rushes). Antimatter and Dissipation are also really strong cards that can create powerful stalls. The reason you don't see those types of stalls is because cards like SoV, SoW, SoFr and SoP exist. They're all shards. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

Anyway, back to the point: entropy's strengths are rushes (grabbows being the most powerful) and midrange-y decks (mono entropy with Discords, Aboms, Dragons and maybe a few antimatters). Entropy stall/control decks like Firestall and Pandawall and can also be considered pretty good in a shard-restricted meta, but I wouldn't call them a strength.

Entropy's weaknesses are stalls and heavy control decks, which is why so many people play light stalls with sundials (screw this card!) against us in War. Sure, you could say "But you have in-element PC!", but BE really is way too expensive, conditional and easy to get rid of that it's not even funny.

And another thing, you might say "you can use Explosion in grabbows/rainbows, it's only 2 cost". That may be true, but you have to keep in mind that you play 1 explosion per game on average because the only source of fire quantum are usually novas. There was a match last war where we lost against dim shield mono aether psiontal or whatever it was with 3 explosions in our grabbow. There's also the issue that sundials and dim shields are often used 6 times each in the deck, while you can't pack 6 explosions and expect to win against anything.

A card to fix our problems? Well, instead of creating a new card I would buff BE to one of the following:
  • reduce cost to 2/1 from 5/4
  • any entropy creature can be targeted (no < 3 attack restriction for entropy creatures)
  • target becomes burrowed for 1 turn

I'm not entirely sure any of these would help at all, but it's definitely a step forward.

Forwarded from Zyar over on Discord:

"What are you plans if you become master?"
She should probably at least make the effort to post the questions herself, but whatever.

Anyway, main plan is winning war, as always. Or at least going above that dreaded 6th place we seem to be stuck at.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:35:20 pm by iancudorinmarian »

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278743#msg1278743
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:57 pm »
C'mon don't be shy with the questions I'll provide an answer for each of them! :) If you want to read only the answer given to your question(s),
then press ctrl-f and enter your name. :)

PHASE 1 ENTRY

PHASE 2 against TorB
PHASE 2 against Cactus
PHASE 2 against Iancu
PHASE 2 against Vindi

Quote from: ji412jo
What is your definition of Leadership?

Bearing responsibility towards a group while looking out at their best interest. Being their voice and hand. Making choices for the group.
Especially hard choices, which doesn't always guarantee success or even the acceptance of the full group - however the leader's intention is always good.
Showing a way, making a trail, teaching by being a good example. Accepting that you are the first - but only when it is about hard tasks.

(I always like to play with words and letters, so the word 'Leadership' kinda sounds like 'the ship which leads'. :) Or the 'leader's hip'. :) )

Quote from: Basman-1453
If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element?

Tough question. Besides Entropy I really doesn't have a 2nd favorite element. Maaaaybe Light or Aether, dunno. I say there is a greater chance that
I just kindly thank that they were thinking about me and just skip the opportunity than accepting it. I really have to be hazy about it, since I don't think that
ANYONE can answer such a question with 100% accuracy. Think about Chaos Theory, even minute changes can ultimately cause significant impacts...
your life changes, your connection to the game, you roll 6 Turquoise Nymphs in a week.... I'd say there is a 90% chance that I won't accept it, but if you
absolutely want a YES/NO answer then: NO. It is really not about being a General at all costs.

Quote from: ARTHANASIOS
Will you participate in the next Brawl under the flag of your trialing element?

If my free time allows it I'd really like to try out that competition, too. As an outsider it seemed fun. Again, Chaos Theory, yadayadayada, but: all signs point to YES.

Quote from: InsignificantWeeaboo
Being a newer player, how do you feel about going up against someone with more experience that you? Do you believe you can triumph over him?

I feel that every time when I play in a tourney against TorB, Deuce, Kaempfer, DANIEELA, Vindilos... sorry for not mentioning all of my highly experienced
and talented 'adversaries'. A bit more exciting than playing with a player of the same or less experience level as myself. (Respect is always given,
but ask Celta Vigo fans: what is more exciting - another match against Espanyol, Getafe etc. or playing against Barcelona?) It is even more exciting
than a simple tourney match. It makes me even more motivated. Higher stakes - higher motivation. And yes, this approach makes losses more painful,
but in the end every experience is part of the learning process. And yes, there is a chance that I'll triumph. I wouldn't even participate without seeing any chance.
I could trial for an element which doesn't have a defending master, but what is the point of that? I wanted to trial for my favorite element. When I first started
the game it wasn't really a question that I'll choose Entropy for my Element. What else could you expect from a chemistry teacher? :)

So, yes. I still believe. Iancu still have a significant lead, but you all know... :D

Quote from: Kalinuial
Which element do you consider the anti-you?  Which ones rubs you the wrong way or resonates least with you personally?  Please help us understand why this is the case.

Definitely Gravity. Gravity binds you. You cannot resist Gravity. Holds you to this very Earth. Yep, I love our Planet. But if I had to choose a superpower it would be flying.
One cannot win over Gravity using wings (not Wings! :) ), but in the end it is the only way to loosen up the strings. A dream would come through had I the opportunity
to see our Planet Earth from the space...

Quote from: Kalinuial
Name two previous/current masters (you can include yourself if you wish) who you respect and have been excellent trialists, generals, and representatives of their element.  What traits do these two individuals share?  How are they different?

Uh, don't have such experiences. Registered on 2017-12-27, played my first tourney (by "accident", Zyardran searched for a 8th player...) on 2018-03-10
(had to check that date, and it is funny that it was an "Opposites attract" tourney, and I played Entropy/Gravity. Ji412jo quickly eliminated me. :) ) I had quite
a few matches against a Master of Darkness, TorB, these were great experiences, last tourney I met the Master of Aether, Deuce22... I could dig deeper in my
memories, but I guess that's not the point here. Every time I saw the icons of a decorated veteran I feel respect and a bit of a jealousy. That amount of
experience and knowledge! Building decks from scratch in moments, knowing "loopholes" in a tourney etc. So lacking personal experience I can only assume
that they are knowledgeable player and most of the time pragmatic. This game revolves around chances, having good deck choices, anticipating the moves of
your opponent, so I think being pragmatic pays off in the long run - most of the time. (Maybe it is because I'm a newcomer but I tend to be less pragmatic
and more experimenting. I know, I know, everything and its opposite have been invented in this game, but as a thinker it gives me more joy if I'm able to
figure out something by myself.)

Quote from: DoubleCapitals
Pose any trialist a targeted question (ie. specific to them). You may link it if you have already done so.

DISCLAIMER. I'm asking. Not judging, asking.

Question to Iancu. This thing often made me thinking... I experienced quite a few times that instead of giving an exact explanation for a complaint, you were
just being the "funny strict boss", naming people "peon" or something. Truth to be told I never liked these responses, and always wondered that is this some
sort of humor I don't understand or appreciate because I'm a fresh member of the community? It made the situation even stranger that meanwhile you seemed
a helpful fellow. So my question is that what causes these "jokes", and could we maybe get less of these? (Please don't say "no, peon!". :D )

Quote from: SpikeSpiegel
explain what's the strenght and weakness of your Element, and, if you had the chance to add just one card (creature, spell, PC, CC, etc...) to your Element, what would it be and why?

Strength - long answer. There are cards which just toy with the opposition. You just don't know what is coming. Sometimes even the Entropy-user doesn't know
what is coming, and it is fun. Example: Improved Mutation, especially with Twin Universe. I love to use it against Plat decks. Sometimes I steamroll brutal decks,
sometimes got laughed by 100 hp/weak decks. Another exciting card: Shard of Serendipity. Sometimes it gives you useless cards (useless in the actual situation),
and sometimes it wins the match for you. Makes you think how to utilize the given cards in the current game. Entropy cards are the best way against farming boredom.
OK, not perfectly effective but super fun. And talking unpredictable cards: Pandemonium. Sometimes lobotomizing dragons, sometimes freezes/rewinds all enemy
creatures. :D Or your own Mummy... Other funny thing is the Cats synergy with death cards. (For me it is always frustrating that 'fun' decks are rarely consistent
and/or effective.) Gotta love Chaos Power, too, a super helpful card, makes otherwise good decks complete. And: Discord. There are players who consider it
a broken card. I don't think so. Entropy cards are unpredictable, and while this makes opponent's game hard, sometimes it is also problematic for the Entropy-user.
Even using Discord. You cannot be sure that it works every time your way, transforming enough quanta. Btw, Entropy has a solution for everything - maybe not the
best solutions, maybe other marks can provide better solutions for that problem (think about Butterfly Effect vs. Steal/Deflagration), but clearly, it has a solution for
everything. And I'm that kind of person. Jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.

Strength - TL;DR version. Discord, SoSe, versatility, unpredictability.

Weakness. However I stated that Entropy can solve a lot of problems on its own, but... it clearly lacks stronger PC. And of course, unpredictability is
problematic... You cannot change that, that is the gist of the playstyle of Entropy. So, a better PC card! Let's call this bomb Phlebotinum Bomb. It destroys only
permanents, leaving creatures alone. (Sort of a reverse Neutron Bomb - though contrary to popular belief this bomb also damages the environment and buildings also,
not just the living. While really having a smaller effect on reinforced structures.)

So, here is the card! Maybe I should post it as an entry for the Doomsday Device competition! :)

Spoiler for Entropy's missing card:

I know, I know, it is brutal. Quanta can be adjusted and even different chances for destroying a quanta generator/shield/weapon/misc item.

Image source.

(On a 2nd thought it would be also wise to make Micro Abominations more useful, like "getting a new random skill every time a creatures dies". This skill would be resetted
every time a creature dies. It would make a nice synergy with Cats. Sometimes I also miss a card like Fire Bolt, which directly damages the player. It would be nice if we
could do that with Chaos Seed.)

Quote from: Manuel
explain the story behind your nickname/forum name

It was a boring day after Christmas and I was searching for a quick flash game to kill boredom. Googled for "fantasy card game" - though I never really was a fan of these games.
Just wanted some temporary fun. And because of that I used the name "Wyand", because when I don't have long-time plans with a game/forum/etc. I just use the name "Wyand".

Years ago I was an avid Diablo II-player. D2 would seem a very different game from Elements, but in truth they are very much alike. Fantasy setting, the need to farm for better
items/cards, PvP, screwing up your dopamine system, planning (deck/character) and many many options because of the latter. In this game there is a monster named Wyand Voidbringer.
A "mostly harmless" fella for an experienced player, but can cause trouble if you are hasty. I always liked his name, sounded special. So I opted to use this name for forums etc.
I really didn't think that I will get hooked on this game, so haven't even cared that I wrote my name lower case. Now it bugs me a bit. It is a name, it should start with upper case!
Worst of all I googled the name Wyand out of curiosity. Found that this is a well-known surname. Eh. Nil novi sub sole. It would be much nicer to use a name which shows
my Hungarian origin.

Quote from: Zyardran
"What are you plans if you become master?"

My life goes on... I saved free time for Phase 1/2/3, and I will have free time for War... If I get the trust I must live up to this huge responsibility.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:25:38 pm by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278744#msg1278744
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:44 pm »
@Wyand Being a newer player, how do you feel about going up against someone with more experience that you? Do you believe you can triumph over him?

Answer then :sillyspin: Also, there are loads in general topic
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278750#msg1278750
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:57:08 am »
Addressing DoubleCapital's request.

Question to Iancu. This thing often made me thinking... I experienced quite a few times that instead of giving an exact explanation for a complaint, you were just being the "funny strict boss",
naming people "peon" or something. Truth to be told I never liked these responses, and always wondered that is this some sort of humor I don't understand or appreciate because
I'm a fresh member of the community? It made the situation even stranger that meanwhile you seemed a helpful fellow. So my question is that what causes these "jokes", and could we
maybe get less of these? (Please don't say "no, peon!". :D )
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:24:37 am by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278753#msg1278753
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 05:53:50 am »
I have a fun task for both of you. As Entropy is about chaos and scattering, while Gravity is about order and focus, I would like to see your ability to scramble things, like a Discord.

Take the sentence below and scramble it. You can add any extra spaces you want, or be creative in other ways (leet speak, colors, and formatting for example).

"In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state."

The only restrictions are the following:
  • Keep all letters of the sentence. (Commas, periods, and capital letters can be changed in any way.)
  • Put the scrambled sentence in a new post, because focusing all answers in one post is so Gravity and not Entropy.
  • But please only use one post for the scrambled sentence, and in this topic preferably.

I will judge the results by aesthetics while considering creativity and effectiveness too. I must also add a deadline of this Friday, because later I might not have internet to vote.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278756#msg1278756
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 06:41:35 am »

Question to Iancu. This thing often made me thinking... I experienced quite a few times that instead of giving an exact explanation for a complaint, you were just being the "funny strict boss",
naming people "peon" or something. Truth to be told I never liked these responses, and always wondered that is this some sort of humor I don't understand or appreciate because
I'm a fresh member of the community? It made the situation even stranger that meanwhile you seemed a helpful fellow. So my question is that what causes these "jokes", and could we
I don't think I've ever in my entire life written the word "peon", not evenlul as a typo. You may prove me wrong though.

And no, I will never change who I am just because some people dislike me. I prefer being a disliked honest than a liked liar.

Not everyone is supposed to get my (weird) humour. Also, I'm not a "wall of text" kind of guy, so I often prefer short answers.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278757#msg1278757
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 06:44:24 am »
I will answer the other questions in the reserved post later today orI tomorrow, travelling back towards hone and I already packed my laptop.

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278762#msg1278762
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:21:05 am »

I don't think I've ever in my entire life written the word "peon", not evenlul as a typo. You may prove me wrong though.

And no, I will never change who I am just because some people dislike me. I prefer being a disliked honest than a liked liar.

Not everyone is supposed to get my (weird) humour. Also, I'm not a "wall of text" kind of guy, so I often prefer short answers.

I felt compelled to answer, since my observations was questioned. However I don't want it to turn into bickering.
Truly, it wasn't 'peon' - it was 'peasant'.

Our opinions are similar about being honest. And, yep, I can be a 'wall of text'-guy, when I'm in the mood or I feel it useful.
Many of my all time favorite games are 'wall of text'-games: Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate 2.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278763#msg1278763
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:14 pm »
lol

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66242.msg1278767#msg1278767
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:59 pm »
This is hilarious.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

blarg: