*Author

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254670#msg254670
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 11:53:21 pm »
Kakerlake... I have no idea >.> I had never seen the name before he signed up, but his domination during the PvP section gives him quite a bit of merit. Looking at the decks, they were very well built. I don't know exactly what to expect from Kake (Or Kaker?) but I'm certainly not going to underestimate him.
Thanks for the flowers =)
I'd prefer "Roach" as a short form of my name though. Kake sounds just like "Kacke" which is german and means "shit". And the r wouldn't make it better ^^
but it also might sound like cake... mmmh... caaaakeeeee.... omnomnom.

Q: If you can, express your playing style in a poem (length doesn't matter) when it comes to using Earth cards in decks.
Now that's what I'm talking about! A real challenge =) Quite random but Entropy rox as well anyway ;)
I'll do that later though no time & @ too tired & @ headache starting to take over my grey cells. must. anshuer. queshtun.

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254674#msg254674
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:18 pm »
Do you think you'l be a better master then TerroKing?
Well, I don't know anyone named TerroKing, but if your talking about Terroking, then honestly, I do not know. I think I definitely have the potential. I am more active, but the only problem is, that Terro is ridiculously good at PvP, something that I lack in. While I am a "meh" level PvP'er, I'm not amazing. But to the question, Yes I think most likely I will be better.
Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
Better, No. In my opinion, none of us are BETTER then the others. I'll break it down Person by Person.

Lava Golem:
Great PvP'er and probably better then me in that respect. But, I don't think he has the love of earth that I posses. If you search a little, you will find he was in Trial Of Fire at first and then switched to earth. Otherwise, he would be my pick of the Challengers.

Legit:
Another great candidate. He fought alongside earth in War, so he is automatically a good vote. Only thing I think I'm better then him in at this, is experience. "The best practice is not practice at all, but experience." Kudos to you if you can find where that came from ;)
What qualities do you think are best in a master?

Kakerlake:
And last but not least, Kaker. Honestly, to me, he seems like the earth version of Sir Valimont with his extremely uncanny predictions in PvP. If you go back to our final battle, he played a deck with random novas, just to counter my Devourers, and guess what I played -.- Definitely a great choice as well, but I think he suffers the same fate as Lava when compared to me. I personally don't see his love for earth, but it could still be there. :)

So as you can see, no one is better then the other, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Activity, and Respect.

Activity:
Why have a master who's on every other week (not that we have any) as opposed to a master who's on every day?

Respect:
If you can't have respect in a win or a loss, IMO, your not master material.

What do each of you feel that you can bring or do for :earth that is not being done now?  This goes for TerroKing as well.  You have been around for a long time now, do you ever feel like  :earth has grown stale for you?
I feel like I can represent earth, much the same terro does, but more actively.
What does the Element Earth symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
Earth represents resilience and adaptation. It can stall, and then rush as well. It can play a domination style, or a charge deck. It is so versatile, you can never think what an earth player will do.
What types of cards does Earth need in game to finish covering the Element Earth?
A) A unique mechanic.
B) A killing CC
C) A mass CC
D) A new type of way to produce quanta
These are the things earth lacks. Now if I were talking from a gameplay point of view, I would say don't give earth these, because I don't want it to be TOO easy Pwn'n masters in the tourney.
What does Earth symbolise for you?
Umm, Oldtrees kinda asked the same question :-X
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
I would try my best to lead it well in War, and try to represent it in any other PvP events as well.
My vision would be a representative of earth (Someone using earth as their primary element in most of their matches) winning each and every PvP event, trials excluded.
Many people see Earth for its feared Graboid, and think almost every other card sucks. How would you prove them wrong?
Best laugh of the day. Who dares think every other card sucks? Let's get something straight.
Steel Golem > Abyss Crawler
Stone Skin > Miracle (IMO)
Basilisk Blood > Freeze
Basalt Dragon > Massive Dragon (cheap shot :P)
Quicksand = Blackhole = Devourers
As you can see earth is amazing in many different areas then the Overused not OP, Graboid.
These trials are so legit I'm even going to ask something. It's quite simple actually.

Why earth?
My answer is quite simple as well, actually. :P
Mah favorite element. If asked I will provide the backstory for why. :)

And now for a little fun :)
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

I'll be honest, this one (alongside two others) are the most random questions I came up with. :P I'm not looking for perfect syllable and word usage, but if you can whip up something that can just make me smile, you get extra brownie points. :)

Q: If you can, express your playing style in a poem (length doesn't matter) when it comes to using Earth cards in decks.
Will edit this...

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254684#msg254684
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:23 am »
Terroking is a good candidate.....but so are $$$man and legit.......so is kaker and lava.......AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! I can't decide >_<
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline lava golem

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lava golem is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254703#msg254703
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:38 am »
Do you think you'l be a better master then TerroKing?
Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
Terroking is definitely a veteran everyone has known, he's contributed a lot to forums and knows a lot about the game itself. On those things he's probably better than me at. So far.... :) Although I think I can say that I'm a lot more active and able to help out more if people ask me questions.

If I didn't think I was better, then I wouldn't have joined trials. Although Kakerlake does have some advantage after phase 2. I don't think any of the other challengers are as active as I am usually so in that way I probably have to advantage of learning more about the community.

Probably a known PVPer and is often active enough to join the community in it's events and chat.
lava golems are the best creatures in the game cause I said so

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254719#msg254719
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:39:37 am »
These trials are so legit I'm even going to ask something. It's quite simple actually.

Why earth?
So... Why earth, before the trials I went to the Trials-Rules page and saw the masters chart. I saw that Terroking was one of the un-defeated masters in the chart, so I thought, why not take him down? :) If you remain doing the same job for a long time, it begins to turn boring and not enough effort will be put into the work that you're meant to do. Not directed at you Terro, this is true for most things. Why not switch it up with me in Master of earth, a more active master with pretty decent PVP skills?  :P

What do each of you feel that you can bring or do for :earth that is not being done now?
Design and make cards for Earth that will probably fulfill the fact that Earth does not have a killing CC card or a Mass CC card. Apart from that, I think Earth as an element in-game is pretty perfect, maybe a bit more cards from earth that should use quanta from other elements to activate an effect? So far theres only 2, Graboid and Pulvy.

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254725#msg254725
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:46:34 am »
Question:
What do you think is your worst characteristic, or something you would like to improve on (related to elements)

My answer:
I would like to improve on my time spent in chat. I am more of a forum stalker and can sit here for hours, but my old chat love is gone :(

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254736#msg254736
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 01:00:31 am »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Earth symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
Earth in-game is a strong element that is tough and hard to kill, not too much HP though (like gravity). It is a pretty good rush element and can be used with multiple elements such as fire and gravity. Although Earth does need something to kill with (CC). While Earth is good in Duos, Trios Quartets and Rainbows, it's also a strong Mono, offering the only card in the game that can protect artifacts permanently (Cloak is temporary and can be destroyed). On Forums and chat, it's the element I need to grow stronger :D
In real life...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil ?

I will definitely improve on the views with war and help out with more questions on the forums and on chat, as I lurk a lot on chat cause not much interesting stuff is discussed about in chat. I will also work on some new decks for FG farming and AI3 farmer as I haven't done any of those yet.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254741#msg254741
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 01:09:14 am »
I already voted, but I'd like to ask some things for my own personal curiosity:

Why do you like the :earth element?
What is your favorite :earth card?
What is your favorite synergy with :earth?
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254747#msg254747
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 01:21:46 am »
I like to lay down my stone towers,
then show my graboid's powers.
then evolve all the graboids,
CC I'd like to avoid.
Put PA on my pulvy,
And smash that darn Eternity.
With my field full of Shriekers
My opponents bound to get weaker!

:D :earth

What types of cards does Earth need in game to finish covering the Element Earth?
Definitely a source of killing Creature control, the only source of creature control is just Basilisk's Blood, although it stalls for 6 turns, opponents can just rewind the creature and the effect is gone.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254770#msg254770
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:24 am »
It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.
What is Air?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254820#msg254820
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 02:44:18 am »
Why do you like the :earth element?
Because of it's versatility.
What is your favorite :earth card?
Stone Skin
What is your favorite synergy with :earth?
Earth/Entropy Stall. Or Earth/Darkness with devs.

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254963#msg254963
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 06:10:46 am »
Many people see Earth for its feared Graboid, and think almost every other card sucks. How would you prove them wrong?
I don't think a lot of people think the other earth cards suck, I think it's just that the graboid is popular in rush-nova-bows because of their low cost. That's true for the upped cards but unupped I definitely think graboid is dominating the other earth creatures in speed currently. So I agree with the people that think unupped graboid dominates the other graboids in terms of it's speed. However, in upped Earth cards, the cost/turn ratio is about even. The graboid is often used in Speedbows because of it's low cost and speedbows get time quanta from Snovas.

Elite Graboid:
Turn 1: 2 damage, 3 :earth
Turn 2: 10 damage, 1 :time
-4 quanta total
-2 elements
-12 damage tota
-4 HP
Advantage/Disadvantage:
Elite Shrieker is vulnerable to CC, RT

Steel Golem:
Turn 1: 6 damage, 4 :earth
Turn 2: 6 damage
-4 quanta total
-1 element
-12 damage total
-9HP
Advantage/Disadvantage:
Steel golem is not that vulnerable to RT in a mono/duo/trio
Steel golem is not vulnerable to CC apart from Gravity Force

Elite antlion:
Turn 1: 4 damage, 2 :earth
Turn 2: 4 damage
-2 quanta total
-1 element
-8 damage total
-4 HP
Advantage/Disadvantage:
Vulnerable to CC
Chance to put 2 out at the same time in monos/duos
Good Fractal Target

Shrieker is very vulnerable to CC and RT, while the golem isn't as bad with either. The antlion is cheap and fragile but hits a lot in numbers, especially with the chance that you can draw 2 and play them both in a turn. In the long run, a fully upped earth rush with Steel Golems and antlions can farm AI3s better than a deck with graboids and shriekers. There is still the advantage of graboid coming into the game burrowed, but whats the use of it without evolving the graboid into a shrieker??

anything
blarg: