*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254167#msg254167
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254187#msg254187
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »
Yay, difficult questions! Bring it on =)

To make it easier for everyone, I'll collect questions and my answers here:

Do you think you'l be a better master then TerroKing?
It would be a blunt lie, if I said: "Yes, of course" since TerroKing has proven himself to be a really good master.
If I get the chance, I'll try my best beatig him in the upcoming PvP duell. If I win, I'll do my best to lead team earth in the next war. But if I don't win, well, then TerroKing would have just proven once again his skills ;)
So, you can't go wrong anyway if you vote for me.

Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
Well, weather it is the blessing of RNG or I'm better in PvP that lead to my victory in Phase 2, I honestly don't know. Maybe it was just the healthy comination of enough skill and luck.
But if you're asking for other qualities than PvP skills.... well, can't really tell you either. All I do know is, that I am a very fair player, good at PvP and treat anyone in a respectful way.
Also, I don't smoke, don't drink, never lie and the god of RNG loves me.

What qualities do you think are best in a master?
Actually I don't think there is a big difference in between the qualities a master or any other player should have. (S)He should be respectful to others, even if he gets offended once or twice, (s)he should be able to stay calm and solve problems in a nice manner. Also connected to that is fairplay, which I think is even more important than high l33t roxx0r skillz. I wouldn't like to follow a master to war who would do - anything - to win (though he should of course do his best ;) ). It can be fun to laugh at your own mistakes, too sometimes.
The main difference between a master and any player is only that the master has won the trials and with that proven himself to be a very good PvP player and is not too much hated by the community.

Why earth?
When I joined the trials, I didn't much think of it actually. I just wanted to join and Earth still had a free spot. But now, there I've passed phase 1&2 of the trials, I've started to like Earth more and more. Many heavy hitters, quanta control, a big shield, anti-PC, PC, CC and a even better Miracle than Light has (oh noes, there goes my vote from the Team Light :'( ). Earth is more versatile than I thought in the beginning so I love it more and more ;)

What does Earth symbolise for you?
Earth as the big rock we are living on symbolises many things for me.
Life: Without a place to live on, you couldn't live at all. Earth has sustained life since millions of years and hopefully will keep doing it a load of years more to come.
Endurance and consistency: Earth was "born" ~4.5 billion years ago and is still circling around the sun. No matter how much it is attacked by the outside (meteorites) it still stands. Inpenetrable, undestructable and always following its course.
Luck: Imagine how big the probability is that a planet, which is build from the debris of an exploding sun contains a majority of some certain elements which allow things to live and grow on it. It's what engineers call impossible and scientists argue about how many zeros there are behind the comma. There needs to be a real bunch of luck that something like this exists in the universe.
Bigness: Compared to us tiny creatures, earth is huge! Have you ever been on a mountain, enjoing the view and thinking: "wow, what a huge space there is, waaaay over there moar mountains and waaaay over there a ocean". But when you look at it on a earth map, your whole view was hardly a dot of a pen.
Versatility: There is so much different stuff on our planet, we don't know even half of it. There are millions of different insects (though cockroaches are the best =) ), animals, plants, materials, climatezones and interactions, fun stuff like volcanos! (was for you, napalm) and many other things. Earth is like a big swiss army knife.
And many things more. The symbol Earth can be taken for pretty much anything, since all we know is stuff we experianced on Earth.
If you meant what :earth symbolizes though, that was asked as well and will be answered soon.

What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
To be honest, I didn't think much about what needs to be done for my chosen element.
But as a Master of Earth, I will first of all keep a close eye to the CIA, especially on the Earth section. There are always great new Ideas there that may need another opinion.
Also, as I mentioned before, I'll do my best in the next War, keeping team Earth together and motivated for butt kickin'!
Signing up in WoE in team Earth to help out newcomers and get the game rolling is naturally a thing I'll do as well... Whenever it gets out of alpha at least.
And last but not least, I'll always be available if someone needs help somewhere. Though that is of course something I'll always do when I have time ;)

My vision is team Earth ranked 1st with an insect as grand master =)
Ernestly, I don't really have a vision, except having fun with everyone in the community.

What does the Element Earth symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
In a nutshell: earth symbolises stability, sturdines, hard work, patience.

What types of cards does Earth need in game to finish covering the Element Earth?
Earth has everything important to elements, except for one thing: interaction with other elements.
Building decks containing earth, I found it somewhat hard to combine it with anything except gravity.
It's like having two separate elements in your deck, each one doing it's own stuff, but not working together.

Earth as an element is something that grows in efficiency as it is combined with the other three main elements.
But in this game, earth+water||air||fire somehow just doesn't fit together. There aren't enough synnergies.

Many people see Earth for its feared Graboid, and think almost every other card sucks. How would you prove them wrong?
The only card in Earth that suxx is the Gnome Rider | Gnome Gemfinder. Everything else is just awesome, if used at the right time.
Want to have a card-breakdown? Well, here it goes:
   Antilon | Elite Antilon
For only 2 :earth, you get yourself a 4/4 creature, with a damage/cost ration of 2 it isn't that powerfull, but it's 4 hp makes it quite annoying to get rid of. Fractal/Antillon deck was quite fearsome in the Trials, luckily I had the right counter at hand.

Hematit Golem | Steel Golem
This Creature is simply awesome. For 4 :earth you get a 6/9 creature. Stupid AI opponents will wast a massive ammount of CC to get this one down and your PvP opponent will have a tough time getting rid of it, giving you a reliable 6 dmg per turn.

Stone Dragon | Basalt Dragon
When you play this big marshmellow, you have it in play. It's massive ammount af 12 health is paralelled by the Light Dragon (costs 3 more and has 2 more damage), or the Massive Dragon (costs 1 more for 2 less damage).
The damage output may not be as high as it is from other elements, but if your opponent doesn't have the right CC, this one just keeps clobbering him down.

Titanium Shield | Diamond Shield
This is the only Shield capable of blocking straight out 3 damage (ecept for hope, which needs creatures). Not that much? Well, did you consider that this transforms a frog rush into a 2 cost - 2 damage "rush"? Or that it completely cancels out Puffer Fish poisonous attack?
Fighting Dragons, Permafrost is surely better, but if you encounter anything with less than 6 attack, you don't need to worry much about your health.

Plate Armor | Heavy Armor
Wtf useless! you say? Well, have you ever faught a firestall? Or even better, do you have an Oty? Pumping him with this spell to 11 Health makes him really hungry!
But yeah, if you don't know what your opponent is running, this might become a dead card.

Gnome Rider | Gnome Gemfinder
I admit, this isn't one of the better cards. I used it in quite succesfull Low-Tower decks, replacing a Pillar but that's about it. It's like a damselfly with inverted atk/hp.

Pulverizer | Pulverizer
Ok, whoever said this card suxx, has no idea about elements. If you fight Seism, yes he has a useless Pulverizer, but do you know the FG called Obliterator? Did you get obliterated? yes? thought so ^^

Graboid | Elite Graboid
3 :earth + 1 :time = Shrieker. Yep, truly fearsome.

Shrieker | Elite Shrieker
Mostly feared because of Graboid. Other than that, it's just a big price for big attack. Mostly you're better off with the Steel Golem.

Enchant Artifact | Protect Artifact
The Only thing in whole Elements that can actively protect any permament you own. This thing can make the difference between having a hourglass/permafrost/whatever or just having paid it for your opponent.

Earthquake | Quicksand
IMO the best Quanta Denial there is. Seism uses it to it's full extent and I h8 him for it.

Stone Skin | Granite Skin
IMO just as good as a Miracle, if not better. You can debate which one is now better, but one thing stays: up to 75 Health for 3(2) :earth . Mostly it's less, but even 20-30 is already better than a heal. I've never heard anyone complain about a heal o.O

Basilisk Blood | Basilisk Blood
Not only a 6 turn lasting CC, no it even pushes the health of that creature. Most effective in combination with Gravity or a Voodoo Doll.

Auburn Nymph | Earth Nymph
BB on a stick. There is nothing wrong with this lovely creature. Able to stun 6 creatures 24/7 for 3 :earth a turn. Who said earth didn't have any good CC?

What do each of you feel that you can bring or do for :earth that is not being done now?
The answer here will mostly be the same as I answered: "What will you do for this element as a Master?"
In a nutshell: Go to CIA and keep a close eye on Earth.
When WoE becomes official, going there as Earth member.
Join Mentor programm.

Do you ever feel like  :earth has grown stale for you?
No, defenitely not.
It's rather the opposite. Earth is so versatile, no matter what you combine it with, you always have a useful deck at hand.
Also, whenever new cards are comming out, it seems to be a great idea to combine some stuff with earth.
There is simply no way I'd ever get bored of earth.

Q: If you can, express your playing style in a poem (length doesn't matter) when it comes to using Earth cards in decks.
The title will most likely be changed when I find a more fitting one, but here it goes:
The Roach in ElementsI'm sneaky
I'm kinky
I will see all of your moves ahead
You won't believe you're already dead
You are not agile
You're rather fragile
Playing a quick rush
It will be but a flush
It could also be a stall
Passively making you fall
In the very end
RNG is my friend
Rather than fail
I will prevail

Why do you like the :earth element?
Mostly because of its versatility.
As you might know, my favorite colour is rainbow, and earth is like a mono-rainbow.
There is all you need for Rush, Stall, Control or simply being annoying.

What is your favorite :earth card?
I don't really have a favorite card in earth. It always depends on what deck I am building. But the ones I like most are these:
Golem
Pulvy
Graboid
SS
BB+Nymph

What is your favorite synergy with :earth?
Earth + Gravity is defenitely my favorite.
There is a whole spectrum of synnergies in there.
BB || armor + Gravity Shield || Catapult -> Offense and Defense
Pulvy -> yeah well... just pulvy.
Golem + Acceleration (when it comes out) -> Offense ftw!
Armor + Oty -> Omnomnom
BB + Grav pull -> Defense again

It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.
What is Air?
Air in elements has lots and lots of damaging CC, many flying but rather small creatures and really annoying shields.
Also something one shouldn't underestimate is the Gas which hits around any shield combined with a little CC.
// edit: of course, Reflecting shields will stop the gas. Isn't much of a concern for earth though.
The only heavy hitter is the Dragon, or maybe a blessed Wyrm, combined with Sky Blitz can pack a serious punch.
Air is a element that one should not underestimate, even if it goes mono, it's a fearsome opponent.

The only big minus it has is the lack of PC.

What (war legal) decks would you build to defeat these two decks?

The decks should be all unupped and preferably not involve and nymphs as you don't know who will have to face down the decks.

Also, though the decks should be targeted counters, they shouldn't fall apart against other decks.

Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 52r 542 542
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 590 590 590 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 5f6 5og 5oi 5oi 61qI'm not looking for some completely tested deck that totally owns them, more a deck that should in theory work as an expression of deck building creativity.
1st:
The heavy CC and Bonewalls make any creatures mostly useless. So there aren't many options left.
Either you try to hit around the shield with Bolts or Gas, or you take the save way with pure defence Deckout.
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58s 58s 58s 594 594 594 594 594 594 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia34 Card should ensure that you still draw the stuff you need but still have more than any rush deck.

I've just seen that lava golem would use the exactly same deck (but he build it first. bad ninja :( )

Well then, let's build an alternative option: Bolting.
58s 58s 594 594 594 594 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5iaGenerating 84 :water to bolt him down, or decking him out. Both work just fine.
Thanks to the purify and shield, Poison shouldn't be able to build up, making SS mostly obsolete. But for a safety measur a few are still in.

Last but not least: a fun creation. useless against any other deck
52n 52n 52n 52n 52n 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 58s 58s 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5iaAs the name sais: use your opponents weaponry against himself.
Purify and shield will keep you alive, golems will need 2 pandemoniums to be taken down. When they do, you have enough :death to play graveyards, play more golems and see your opponent cry in frustration!
In theroy it should work...

2nd:
Again, lava golem was faster with an earth based antagon speedbow, so I'll make something else:
4vi 4vi 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55t 55t 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58s 590 590 590 590 590 590 592 592 5c2 5fb 5on 5on 61q 61qEarth based CC bow. Nothing special about this.

Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Honesty,Compassion,Passion, Diligence,Integrity,Patience,Respectful,Attitude or Others.(if any)
This Question has mostly been answered already. -> "What qualities do you think are best in a master?"
 - Honesty defenitely. If you can't trust your master, then whom can you?
 - Compassion. IMO not really necessairy. A master should of course be able to see that other players have a RL and sometimes just don't have any time.
 - Passion. Well, he shoul of course love his element. Why having an earth master, that loves Air? that just doesn't work.
 - Diligence. A master that isn't working with diligence is about as good as no master at all.
 - Integrity. Again, a master that can't be spoken to is like no master at all.
 - Patience. Not more than any player needs.
 - Respectful attitude. Yep, already mentioned in the "qualities of a master" question.
 - Other: loyal, friendly, helpfull, never give up spirit, and many other things.

Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Boastfulness,Proud,Laziness,Disrespectful towards others,Dishonesty,Ill-Tempered, or Others.(if any)
- Boastfulness. I think it isn't too bad if a master is boastfull. Just gets people annoyed, but to be boastfull, you must have first achieved something good.
 - Proud. If a master thinks lowly of himself, why should he be master? Of course a healthy pridy is actually needed!
 - Laziness. Well, as long as he does his work that doesn't matter. I he makes his work too late or not at all because of laziness, then it's defenitely not a good thing.
 - Disrespectful. Would be really bad if a master is desrespectful. I wouldn't like to follow a master to war who talks crap about other all the time.
 - Dishonesty. same as above.
 - Ill-Tempered. A little temprament isn't bad. But if anyone starts whining and talking bad each time something doesn't fit his plan, i think he should better leave the community.
You pretty much summed it up. There's nothing I'd like to add to others.

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254192#msg254192
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:30:21 pm »

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254226#msg254226
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:57 pm »
These trials are so legit I'm even going to ask something. It's quite simple actually.

Why earth?

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254284#msg254284
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »
*phew* not the easiest questions^^ keep em comming ;)

my first post here has been updated with my answers. Easier to handle them when moar are comming ;)

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254316#msg254316
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:29:41 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Earth symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254320#msg254320
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »
What does the Element Earth symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
What types of cards does Earth need in game to finish covering the Element Earth?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254363#msg254363
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »
Many people see Earth for its feared Graboid, and think almost every other card sucks. How would you prove them wrong?

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254501#msg254501
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »
What do each of you feel that you can bring or do for :earth that is not being done now?  This goes for TerroKing as well.  You have been around for a long time now, do you ever feel like  :earth has grown stale for you?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline Legit

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254577#msg254577
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »
First off, I just want to compliment all the players that participated in the Earth trials. We have all done a very good job representing the element of Earth because none of us quit, we all showed great sportsmanship (and there was no drama whatsoever), and we all tried our best. These trials show a level of maturity and determination that was unfortunately lost in many of the other trials. To be honest, I could see any one of us being a great master. No matter who wins this Phase and who faces Terro, Earth will be in good hands. I wish everyone great luck in this phase.

A master should have style. My style? Rhymes. I'll answer your questions with legit lyrics.

Answers to questions:
I’m going to tell you story, I’ll call it lore
It all started out when I was recruited for war

I was a part of Team Earth and we dominated
It was then my allegiance to Earth was created

As a master I will lead Team Earth in War #3
We may be defeated or we will obtain victory

I want to promote Earth beyond Shrieker rush
There are too many underused tactics that can crush
Any opposition, like stalling with Stone Skin
Or control with Pulverizer; endless combinations to win

Earth symbolizes strength and survivability
It’s immovable, indestructible, and mighty

Terroking’s career as a Master shows his strength
He’s a veteran and does his duties at great length

My contenders are all great candidates as well
Compared to me in some ways they excel
For example, in Phase Two, my record was 0 and 3
It shows my opponents are superior in PvP

However, I’m superior in other ways, that’s the concept
I can represent Earth better than most, except
$$$man because he’s been here a while
But Lava only entered because of denial
From the Fire trial
And Kakerlake only joined Earth because it was
The only element left with spots (except water, but Earth>Water. Just kidding, don’t eat me Jaws!)

Inconsistent beat but I can still rhyme
Do you know how hard it is to write answers with lyrics?
I’m gonna go RootRanger style, it’s ABAB time
I hope my unique style gives me good scores with you critics

The cards of Earth:
I’ll show you just how much Earth dominates
Unkillable creatures with burrow and armor plates
First turn and you’re up against Earthquake
Your pillars get destroyed as if they were snowflakes
In a denial deck, Earthquake works great
Combined with cards like Devourer or Discord
Your opponent won’t play anything and you’ll be bored

Try and rush me, and meet Basilisk Blood
Your creatures will be as useless as mud
It also works well with Catapult and Voodoo Doll
It works in more decks than stores in the Great Mall

When I wanna stall, Stone Skins do the job
I got enough health to survive a mob
With poison, Miracle, the possibilities don’t end
With SS, stalling should be the new trend

If you’re still fighting me, then meet my Diamond Shield
All your puny creatures are gonna have to yield
Better yet, I’ll use my Protect Artifact
My permanents will never be destroyed, to be exact

Pulverizer will destroy all your useless permanents
Shields, weapons, and all the rest become fragments
It’s great in many decks, such as CCYB
It’s also helpful in duos with gravity

I also got some creatures, like the infamous Graboid
It’s the core of many rush decks that you’ll want to avoid
They evolve into Shriekers, another great attacker
They can outrush anyone, even a hacker

The Golem is another great card to use
Upgraded, it’s too good to lose
The Earth Dragon can survive against any CC
And it’s also pretty strong, you have to agree

Gnomes are good targets for BE or Immolation
The Gemfinders create fast quanta used for domination
Antlion is last, but definitely not least
It may look weak, but in reality it’s a beast

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254600#msg254600
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »
OOooh, question time. I'll get to these after I read the rest of the thread.

Q1:
I... Think I can skip this question.

Q2:
I'm not exactly a contestant, but, well, I played with many of them in war, Lava Golem was in another element but I acknowledge his PvP master abilities and skill, he;s been part of the community and PvP events for a while now. Legit and $$$ were both in my team, and I can safely say they are both extremely good at both deckbuilding and actual play, the heart of Elements PvP. Kakerlake... I have no idea >.> I had never seen the name before he signed up, but his domination during the PvP section gives him quite a bit of merit. Looking at the decks, they were very well built. I don't know exactly what to expect from Kake (Or Kaker?) but I'm certainly not going to underestimate him.

Q3:
You've got to be dedicated and willing to spend time doing your various Masterly activities, but otherwise they're not much different than your average PvPer.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg254651#msg254651
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 11:37:04 pm »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

I'll be honest, this one (alongside two others) are the most random questions I came up with. :P I'm not looking for perfect syllable and word usage, but if you can whip up something that can just make me smile, you get extra brownie points. :)

Q: If you can, express your playing style in a poem (length doesn't matter) when it comes to using Earth cards in decks.

blarg: