*Author

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg255851#msg255851
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 03:32:49 am »
Unless somebody manages to cure death during the remainder of this trial, you have my vote, and my support.
Sorry for double post :/

I think I just found a way, but it reduces the decks overall effectiveness. (Not against the mono decks but against decks in general) and that way is -2 EQ -1 Shrieker +3 Stone skin. An extra 215 HP makes poison a thing of the past. Will edit the old post.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg255946#msg255946
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 05:17:03 am »
Unless somebody manages to cure death during the remainder of this trial, you have my vote, and my support.
Sorry for double post :/

I think I just found a way, but it reduces the decks overall effectiveness. (Not against the mono decks but against decks in general) and that way is -2 EQ -1 Shrieker +3 Stone skin. An extra 215 HP makes poison a thing of the past. Will edit the old post.
I think by "Cure death" he meant to something so completely and utterly amazing that it completely stomps into the dust any other attempts to do just as well. I could be wrong.

Why should i vote for you specifically, i dotn want thing's like im the best for this or that reason i wanna know why ur personality clicks for me to vote for u?

Now for a deck building challenge:
As operator of weird unused element duo's id like to see from each of you a different unused combo: points for originality, deck building skills, and finally effectiveness.
Terro as reigning master pick any element u wish as long as it's not :fire or :darkness
$$$man for you my son i have picked :air
Kakerlake for you the proud element of :death
Legit for you a legit element :life
Finally Lava Golem for you :water
Part 1: I'm Terroking. You know me, I know you. There's not much else to say here.

Part 2: Hah, all of these are pretty easy except for maybe the Water one, there is a deck concept and functionality there, but it's outshined by most other decks.

Earth duos well with pretty much everything, so this shouldn't be too difficult. Since there's really no actual challenge to picking any element, I'll just go with Gravity.

Code: [Select]
55p 55p 55r 55r 55r 55r 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 58v 58v 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa
It's a bit slow to make the kill, but can often achieve 100% field control, and absolutely dominates creature-based decks. Not really original, but most of my options aren't. If I can use Overdrive though, I could make a mean Golem rush with it ;)

What is the best  :aether / :earth deck you can come up with?

What are your diplomatic plans towards the other elements?
Please deal with each element individually.
Well, as for best, that'd go to the deck $$$ posted. After that the only viable option is to stick a ton of Pillars into a deck, Fractal, and then some creatures. So I present:

Fractal Hematites:
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 58q 594 594 594 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 622 622 622 622It can be a deadly rush when you get a quick draw, and the SS can provide some hefty defense or help you live long enough to draw your Golem/Fractal after a bad draw. It will generally get outrushed by hard-core rushes, but it's exceptionaly well at taking out stall decks, because Golems take a lot of effort to kill, and they don't stop coming :)

Obviously, it's nearly 5x better when it's upgraded and you can use Steel Golems.

"Diplomatic Plans"...

Keep doing whatever I'm doing now, because it seems to be working?
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline lava golem

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lava golem is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg256045#msg256045
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 10:14:56 am »
Why should i vote for you specifically, i dotn want thing's like im the best for this or that reason i wanna know why ur personality clicks for me to vote for u?

As operator of weird unused element duo's id like to see from each of you a different unused combo: points for originality, deck building skills, and finally effectiveness.
Terro as reigning master pick any element u wish as long as it's not :fire or :darkness
$$$man for you my son i have picked :air
Legit for you a legit element :life
Finally Lava Golem for you :water
77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gs 7gs 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6
Originality:Gnome Gemfinders are rare in most Earth rushes and other rushes. Poseidon is also under-used compared to many of the other weapons.
Deck Building Skills: Up to you ICB and other voters...
Effectiveness:
Deck in Action vs. Level 3:
Often gets 6-7 turn wins...

lava golems are the best creatures in the game cause I said so

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg256054#msg256054
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 10:26:23 am »
Hello!. I got a couple of questions for u guys.

1. Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Honesty,Compassion,Passion, Diligence,Integrity,Patience,Respectful,Attitude or Others.(if any)

2. Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Boastfulness,Proud,Laziness,Disrespectful towards others,Dishonesty,Ill-Tempered, or Others.(if any)
1. All of them, you've practically listed the things a master needs to become successful, a good sense of humor is also nice. A master also needs to be active enough to follow up with the community, at least participating in war.

2. Yet again, probably all of them are bad if a master has any of those qualities.

Offline lava golem

• Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg256058#msg256058
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:02 am »
Probably Fractalions that I used in phase 2,
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 779 779 779 779 779 80i 80i 80i 80i 80iIt's really, really fast but perhaps 1-3 more aether pillars.

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg256112#msg256112
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 12:37:07 pm »
My first post is getting too big for my taste.
I'll keep adding new answers as a reply.

What are your diplomatic plans towards the other elements?
Please deal with each element individually.
$$$man, Terroking and lava golem already made pretty good ones.
So I made a new and unique one which kind'a looks like the one of $$$man.

This Deck is mostly usefull vs. Stall, but it can handle the versatile kind of deck as well, as long as it isn't too fast.
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58v 58v 591 591 591 591 591 591 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 624 624 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63aPC and CC gives this deck a good field control, shriekers deal the main damage.
Silence is a very versatile card. Can be used early to stall the opponent for a turn, or rather late to outgo opponents healing.

Diplomatic plans towards other elements?
Smash them, grind them, and make Earth rule the Earth =)

As Legit already mentioned before, it doesn't much matter whom you vote on in the Earth trials. I cas see all four of us doing a great job as a master. Though the only problem would be the ~mathematical elimination of Legit. He'd need 95% of the votes to get as much points as I have, which is IMO quite impossible (Terro will most likely get most). Other than that, Legit would as well be a good choice.
So no matter whom you vote on: Thanks for the vote, you made the right choice ;)

Death + Earth? That reminds me of the often used Poison stall.
But you want something original that works well?
One thing I came up with is this:
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 711 713 713 713 713 713 713 719 719 71a 71a 71b 71b 72i 72i 72i 72i 77j 77j 77j 77j 77j 77jBasically a "mono" :death with Quanta Control.
Another Idea would be: "mono" earth with Plagues || Retro Virusses || Bone Wall or anything else that is in :death but not in :earth

Very very impressive sir. Unless somebody manages to cure death during the remainder of this trial, you have my vote, and my support.
Reminds me of http://z0r.de/157
^^

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257195#msg257195
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »
Oh man, look at those cavemen go.
Where on earth are they going?

Also, another question:

Earth hasn't received a card in a while. What would it need?

(Both questions are serious.)
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257222#msg257222
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2011, 09:43:55 pm »
Anywhere, It doesn't matter because as long as they are on earth, they are awesome.
Also, another question:

Well sanctuary would be nice, but I think some sort of killing CC would be the best for it right now. (Maybe Mass?) Imagine a Bonewall + [New mass CC] + Stoneskin. God that deck would be ridiculous and could splash some EQ's or Poisons for more power. Add SoG's in an upped environment and your looking at the next pandebonium.

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257401#msg257401
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 01:07:05 am »
Hey desert knight. I REALLY want to apologize (to you and others who will ask question after this post).
But I will be gone for three days, (I get back 2 hours before the deadline FML.) And won't be able to answer your question(s) :(.

Once again, I really apologize.... Stupid Real life :/

$$$man

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257527#msg257527
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 03:28:36 am »

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257529#msg257529
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 03:29:51 am »
Hey desert knight. I REALLY want to apologize (to you and others who will ask question after this post).
But I will be gone for three days, (I get back 2 hours before the deadline FML.) And won't be able to answer your question(s) :(.

Sorry to hear that... You must have the worst luck ever when it comes to Trials and RL conflicts :/

To readers: Don't vote for me if you're going to disclude $$$ from your candidates because of this. It's just not fair.

To the most recent questions:
Question 1: I want to first point out this impeccable record. You are one of the few who have been :earth's master since War #1.

Over that period of time, do you feel war has gotten easier for you? or harder? (and why)
Well, there have only been 2 so far, but I feel they went pretty much the same for me, some differences would be the increase of players on the team, trying to buy players strategically, and attempting to adapt to the new powerhouse elements that emerge. Overall I wouldn't say it got easier or harder, but more of a challenge ;)

I like challenges.

Question 2: A few players come up to you in the chat room. They are "new players" (say around a few weeks old). They know about the forums, and a few concepts and ideas but they peak their interest when they hear the conversation turn to war, and trials.
They are eager to join and eager to learn.

Knowing fully through your experience and wisdom these players have no "realistic" way of joining war in their present condition. 

Explain a reasonable way that you would pursue and/or advise these players in order to give them a better chance in joining the next war.
I would tell them about the various PvP Events and tournaments that frequently go on in the community, and give any links I am asked for/I think would be helpful. I'd also add my own thing which is to say that the best way to become a good player is by learning the decks, learning the cards, and being active.

Question 3: Consider this scenario: You are stripped of your title of master of :earth.
Regardless of the emotional feelings, your morale, or how and who.

Give out a reasonable pathway to reclaim this title, for the next trial, WITHOUT joining the next war following this trial session. 
Without joining the War? Simple.

1. Keep playing WoE/PvP Events and being active.
2. Join the next Trials
3. Make an extremely good attempt at wrecking faces.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Also, another question:

Hopefully, to the bottom of the heap right under me and ready to charge into the next War.

What is needs and what I want are different things. What I would love to see is some fantastic new mechanic that opens up new deck ideas and perhaps alters the stall or extreme rush metagame, but what we're more likely to see is a simple addition (But if it's a creature without an interesting ability I will cry) like some lesser version of RoF, or some anti-airborne card, or just one of those random but amazing ideas generally found at the bottom of Zanz's coffee cups.

(I know I took a sort of joking approach to these, but questions get boring after 3 Trials. Sorry if it offends anyone/I lose your votes, but having fun is more important than trying to impress people on the internet.)
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20045.msg257844#msg257844
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »
Questions for the candidates of the Trial of :earth
(DesertKnight tracking notes: Form B)
Good day friends, I'm very honored to post these questions directly to each individual candidate, I hope these questions are inspiring and illuminating.

If you find you need clarification or an example of certain things; let me know and I'll edit the question to make it more clear.
Hi DesertKnight,
The honor is all mine that you take all the trouble to take a closer look at all trial candidates and asking personal questions.
So the least I can do is answering them, have fun reading ;)

Question 1: Humor and wit is always a welcome trait of any player regardless of being a master or a guest. Take for example George Carlin who has been both praised and criticized for his humor and wit.

Please explain your personal views when comedy, humor, and/or wit goes too far.
Generally I'd say it is impossible to go too far, as long as you stay desent and are not attacking anyone personally, or stepping too deep in someones private live.
As an example, I'll go for the Clip in my profile of George Carlin.
He lampoons religion by showing some mistakes and fail logic it has, someone with a deep believe might think he goes too far with this, but IMO that is not so.
The reason is that he doesn't insult believers in any way. All he does is talking out of personal experiance and his troubles beliving in a god.
It would be a completely different story, if he said or just indicated: "believers are stupid" or "an intelligent person would instantly see the fail logic".

Question 2: Consider this scenario. You didn't make it in this trails and you didn't make it in the next war.

Give me your strategy, and plan to reach for the role of master in the next trials.
The strategy would most likely be the same as it is now: none at all! Just be myself, complete the tasks, answer questions and keep the spirits up!
I wonder anyway, why would I need a strategy? - Well, of course for PvP, a little mind-reading and tactics is required, but other than that, I don't see a point in it.

Question 3: Consider the same scenario as before. (both trials and war).

Look at the list of names of contestants in this trial, pretend one of these combatants becomes the next master of :earth.
However, this master of :earth would like your personal advice for the war.
Create speech or sample chat of brief advice for a single/or all of the possible masters.
My advice would depend on the question recieved.
I seriously doubt that I'd be asked for a general advice concerning the whole War since I think all my fellow earth trial contestant are highly qualified and would do a great job without needing much help at all.
As for minor issues, I would always gladly help the master out, but could you please specify this question a bit? There are too many possibilities of issues to write the answers down.

Also, another question:

Maybe to a volcano to invent a fried egg? Or inventing singing by throwing a rock on someones foot?
Anyway, no matter what they do, they always go into the future.

Earth needs IMO more synnergies with other elements, except for gravity :P
Other than that... maybe a killing CC, or a quick cast PC (stun, return to hand, whatever) would be nice.

I'm sory to hear that.
RL also gets always in my way -.- but I'm soo adicted to that stupid game (RL), I can't stop playing it, even though that RPG has such crappy quests, an exp rate so low that you can here chinese people talking and the physics engine is just plain bullshit.
But the graphics are awesome!
Also this:
To readers: Don't vote for me if you're going to disclude $$$ from your candidates because of this. It's just not fair.

blarg: