*Author

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg135127#msg135127
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:30 pm »
Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Time sucks and they have no damaging spells, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Xinef, You pretty much remind me of Icy, and you have done a great job. But you are against tough challengers, how do you plan to win with less points?

Q: @Bojengles, You are a league organizer and a great member at our forum, but what do you think of your experience if you are in the final battle against Xinef?

Q: @Koruaitou, Even though your questions are great, do you think you have what it takes to be Master?

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg135190#msg135190
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »
1. I'd tell him that he can easily beat a deck based on damaging spells with an anubis+dragon rush. If he wants a fast deck then damaging spells suck because they are one-use low damage spells, or bolts that require you to wait many turns. A devonian rush with precogs or hourglasses is on the other hand fast, while deja buff is a fast and funny deck. If he intends on stalling or control, there are better strategies than bolter decks, like a pharaoh control deck, or duos like :time :aether.
Damaging spells are also useless against tough creatures like flying titan, :earth, :gravity and :light dragons, and a few other, while a proper rewind deck (using synergies with quanta denial for example) shuts down any creature setup, especially flying weapons.
And if he still thinks that time sucks, I'd ask him for a duel, unupped (because he is a noob), mono, he tells me what element he is about to use, I use time. Or duo, whatever he prefers.

2. Heh... I wonder what in me resembles Icy, the great Master of Aether... and great ego :P thanks anyway.

My plan for now is to do my tasks the best I can, Phase 1 already completed, so that leaves Masters Tourney and preparing decks for the final showdown :P
As for Phase 2, I won't do any negative propaganda because I hope everyone gets as much votes as they deserve (sadly that's impossible, for everyone to get 100% votes...), but I'll simply keep spreading :time all over the forum and hope that increases peoples love for :time... and if it affects their votes, it's nice of them, but I don't expect it.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg135416#msg135416
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 10:39:15 pm »
Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Time sucks and they have no damaging spells, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Koruaitou, Even though your questions are great, do you think you have what it takes to be Master?
A: It depends on the tone of his voice. If he's throwing around exclamation marks and is just trying to start a flame war in the Time Cards section, I'll probably ignore him.

If he's an actually complaining about the damaging spell cards, I'll try to reason with him. Time is more about control and manipulation (sort of like Darkness and Water, but without the 'damaging' aspect as you say), or more specifically, card manipulation and control. Soft creature control from Rewind (and Eternity) is an effective way of buying you more time while denying the opponent (especially in pvp) the ability to move forward with their deck. If the so called 'noob' is also complaining about the spells, I'd also say that Rewind (and Precognition) are both useful in various situations; Eternity and Hourglasses can be easily ruined by a quick Explosion or Steal, while Rewind serves can be pretty frustrating and surprising for your opponent to deal with. Likewise, Precognition is a 1:1 ratio in all aspects (upgraded) - you pay 1 card of 1 :time quanta to get a potentially strong card in your deck, all the while seeing what cards your opponent has (creature control, damaging spells or shields, etc.).

So, either ignore him, or try to reason with him that Time doesn't really need to rely so much on damaging spells. Scarabs and Rewind/Eternity are powerful forms of creature control, while the rest of Time is based on card manipulation in itself.

A: I'm going to sound like a contestant on a Miss America pageant, but I think we all have what it takes to be a Master.

People underestimate each other and themselves; I know that for a fact about how I feel about myself sometimes. But I really do believe that I can become a strong and helpful master and an important part of this community. Xinef has done an exemplary job of that, and if I can't follow in his footsteps directly, then I hope I can make my own footsteps (achievements) of my own to become a personal master over Time.

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg136414#msg136414
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:32 am »

Q: "Time is generally separated into 3 aspects. Past, Present, and Future. Which 'aspect' of time do you feel you connect with the best and why?"

[@bojengles77 + @Xinef: Sorry about the rant - hopefully you guys will answer my question as well. ^^;]
I'd Have to say I'm most connected to the Future, undoubtedly. Although there are important lessons to be learned from the past, and we are defined by what we do in the present, the future is where all our hopes and aspirations live and I think it captures the essence of time the best. I'm always looking on to the next thing, trying to improve upon what I already have; hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

For as long as I can remember, I've been trying to improve in my personality, my education, and any venture I decided to begin. Today, I'm preparing to go off to college next year and be on my own. Even though I'm enjoying the summer and everything that comes with it, my mind always seems to float away to thoughts of college and what I'm gonna need to succeed there. Next is a career, a family, and whatever else the future holds. I suppose this has to involved the present, because everything I want to achieve in the future, I have to plan for now and begin now, it merely ends in the future. But i'm a person who's always trying to do the next best thing and fill the future with my dreams and accomplishments. There's nothing more fun than filling up a blank slate.

Wardead Answers Inc..

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg136844#msg136844
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 05:42:41 pm »
Woa, I love that question Kuro! :D

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg138354#msg138354
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:33 am »
Woa, I love that question Kuro! :D
Heh, thanks. :D Now if only the other contestants of the other elements could respond to my questions, I'd be more willing to vote for them. (You're okay by the way)

I'm anxious at this point on who's going to take the title. >.>

Azumi

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg138969#msg138969
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 03:03:40 am »
Bo gets my vote for now. Xinef is a very nice master but hasn't been that active on chat might just be my time zone.

Bo has been very helpful with forums and chat, though as of late he hasn't been that active.

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg138999#msg138999
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 04:18:24 am »
Bo gets my vote for now. Xinef is a very nice master but hasn't been that active on chat might just be my time zone.

Bo has been very helpful with forums and chat, though as of late he hasn't been that active.
I do apologize for this, it's bad timing for my real life. Right now i'm in a hotel room and i bought internet so i could see if ravingrabbid was on for Team PvP since we are supposed to play. I'm leaving on a 4 day pre-orientation hike tomorrow for college and then i have moving in on august 20th and orientation for 5 days. Point being, I'm extremely busy and i've been packing and preparing for a few days now. I'll be back as soon as I can full force.

Azumi

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg139000#msg139000
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 04:21:41 am »

I do apologize for this, it's bad timing for my real life. Right now i'm in a hotel room and i bought internet so i could see if ravingrabbid was on for Team PvP since we are supposed to play. I'm leaving on a 4 day pre-orientation hike tomorrow for college and then i have moving in on august 20th and orientation for 5 days. Point being, I'm extremely busy and i've been packing and preparing for a few days now. I'll be back as soon as I can full force.
Buying internet just to check up on a game...now thats commitment.

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg139003#msg139003
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 04:26:08 am »

Buying internet just to check up on a game...now thats commitment.
elements isn't a game.. it's a lifestyle

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg139042#msg139042
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 07:38:18 am »

Sorry about not being on. But at that time I was deep into sleeping.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Hobnob5000

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10936.msg139068#msg139068
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 10:09:28 am »
Xinef is an awesome master, 'nuff said. The others would be very strong candidates, but I think Xinef had done an awesome job in war. Also, he does Aikido (I do too :P ) so my vote goes to him

blarg: