*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg53651#msg53651
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »
In your opinion, who would be the best Master of this element?

Take these things into consideration:
  • Who would be the best representative for this particular element?
  • Who helps new players and community members?
  • Who is active on the forums?
  • Who writes good quality posts on the forums?
  • Who do you think could take this element to "the next level"?

Voting runs for 7 days.
Voting has ended

You can change your vote at any time.

Use this thread to explain why people should vote for you.

Good luck.

Belthazar666

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg53770#msg53770
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:44 pm »
It's really hard to tell people why they should vote for you, especially when you're up against someone who has been around longer than you have.

Generally, though, I like to do whatever I can to help whatever community I'm in. I see myself being around here for a long time, and as such would like to be as helpful as I can while I'm here. Whether that means becoming a master, helping with decks, or just posting in general is debatable.

The reason I chose Earth, is because I see more potential in Earth than people think it has. You really only see graboid rush decks coming from Earth. While that isn't bad, it isn't good, either; far more could be accomplished.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg53811#msg53811
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »
True, but graboids are still the best (Imo, or at least for rushing. Pulvy's take the cake otherwise) Earth card, however you slice it.

I've helped out so many new players, it's a bit ridiculous.

And as for Earth, it's the best element there is. That's all there is to it (And, of course, the fact that it has the best perm control in the game, what is arguably the best rush card, can destroy multiple permanents with one card, has a double-length freeze, and has a twice-as-strong Arctic Squid).

But, the masses will vote for who they will. To anyone reading this, vote, for me or him. I have confidence that I'll win in PvP, I did the "Big Job", and I'm in the top 3 for the Masters tourny.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg54643#msg54643
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:51:13 am »

As a very nooby player I have no idea about the cards at all.
However, I followed the very first link I can click ingame to get some help and found the "card-list" on the wiki. I also read up on some forum posts to find out about a good FG-deck.
Unfortunately, four of the earth-cards in there are not correctly posted, among which is one that was described as majorly important for my god-deck.
This TOTALLY SCREWED UP my whole deck-building and upgrading strategy and may easily be the cause why I quit the game.
I am furious at the current master for not having done his job.

* not really

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55013#msg55013
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:24:42 am »
Though you said not really, this may have been on the old wiki (Not my job, since it's going down), and the wiki was down for a week or two. Even after it came up the masters were unable to edit the cards, I had to figure out how to do it directly from the dashboard (SG provided the water link, I just moved on from there). Even after I did all those, there were still about 5 cards that hadn't even been put into the wiki yet.

The old wiki was outdated though, cards like PA and pulvy had the wrong costs.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

stymie

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55287#msg55287
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »
I voted for Terro, he knows the his stuff. lol

Belthazar666

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55318#msg55318
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:59:05 pm »
Oh ouch :(.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55325#msg55325
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 07:09:04 pm »
Voted for terro, he HAS A 12-0 STREAK IN THE MASTER BATTLES!!!

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55695#msg55695
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 11:07:04 am »

Voted for terro, he HAS A 12-0 STREAK IN THE MASTER BATTLES!!!
     |
     v

Question for Belthazar666:

Why do you think the current master of earth has won the masters-tourney in a total landslide?
How would you go about winning the next masters tourney, if you become the new master?

---

Though you said not really, this may have been on the old wiki (Not my job, since it's going down), and the wiki was down for a week or two. Even after it came up the masters were unable to edit the cards, I had to figure out how to do it directly from the dashboard (SG provided the water link, I just moved on from there). Even after I did all those, there were still about 5 cards that hadn't even been put into the wiki yet.

No matter what exactly happened there or not, the "poor noob" would have sure liked to hear that as soon as the new and shiny wiki is up, the Master of Earth will do all in his power so that a terrible thing like this will never happen again.  ;)

dekskose

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55874#msg55874
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 06:50:26 pm »
question at both why earth? and how would you make earthbetter?

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55955#msg55955
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 08:04:04 pm »

No matter what exactly happened there or not, the "poor noob" would have sure liked to hear that as soon as the new and shiny wiki is up, the Master of Earth will do all in his power so that a terrible thing like this will never happen again.  ;)

Never fear, it's all been done :P

question at both why earth? and how would you make earthbetter?
Why Earth:

Simply put, it's got the best and fastest mono-rush deck, with the only contender being mono-fire. Earthquake is just a plain amazing card, and pulvy is still the best source of perm control (BE being very costly and restrictive, while mono). It is the only element that can protect permanents, making PA a nice card to have in any deck that takes them. Finally, diamond shield can be plain overpowered sometimes (Not nearly as much as permafrost though), coupled with healing and Stone Skin.

How would I make Earth better:

Well, honestly It could be lot more defensive, simply because of the description Zanz put in, and I have a feeling that's the kind of card it'll be getting.

Already, though, the offensive is huge, and there's not much to add except perhaps buffing Hermatite Golems to 7/99 and giving them the free destroy ability. They could use -5 cost as well.

Belthazar666

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg55979#msg55979
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »

Question for Belthazar666:

Why do you think the current master of earth has won the masters-tourney in a total landslide?
How would you go about winning the next masters tourney, if you become the new master?

Well, obviously, Terroking is a good player. I imagine he's putting lots of thought into his deck, and trying to prepare over the enemies weaknesses. In short, he just knows his stuff, and what he needs to do to win.

Since Terro did do so well, I would hope I could do as good. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be up against, so I really can't say what I would do to win.

As for why I chose Earth, I've already covered that one.
I don't think it works like that. You can't just "make" the element better because you're the master. Anyone who isn't a master can do that. Exposing new strategies, new decks, new card ideas,  etc.

blarg: