Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:27:33 pm

*Author

Offline OnizukaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082673#msg1082673
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:27:02 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082691#msg1082691
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:48:36 pm »
Do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

To be honest, out of the best candidates for Master, I don't probably rank myself as one of the highest.  The primary reason is, well, experience.  I've done my share of PvP around the Forums, but not as much as my peers.  Blacksmith and Jen-i have done, to my knowledge, quite an extensive amount of PvP and Terroking has held the title of Master of Earth three times.  And compared to someone like me, who probably doesn't involve themselves intensively with the game itself, not worrying much about grinding and farming and what not, they are clearly members who are more invested in the game.  But in regards to a Forum event such as this and the oncoming War, I'd like to think I've made up for it with my investment in the community and hopefully I have some standing from last Trials, but that was somewhat of a farce as it was just me versus mrpaper with no defending Master.

So, to clarify, I would say the best possible candidate for Master, aside from mrpaper, would be Terroking.  He has the experience regarding the role that the rest of us do not and puts him ahead of us.  Doesn't leave much of a chance for some of us.  But if I want a chance, I need to build up my own share of experience, so I can't exactly pass up an opportunity like Trials.

Really just for the name, but "Sea of Solid Earth."

Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

That's the goal, isn't it?  If I do come out ahead, I do hope I can fulfill my job to the best of my inabilities.  Although I feel that with my experience, or lack thereof, I just might turn out to be a figurehead General to some of the more veteran War participants, but not without giving my best efforts before even considering to resort to that, if I have a choice.

If possible, I'd like to lead a team, hopefully :earth, seeing as I've troubled myself with entering the Earth Trials yet again.  Not as a Boss, but as Card Designer.  I don't really feel cut out to do that jack-of-all-trades thing that Boss' tasks entail and, as my previous Brawl experiences have entailed, despite the name, some Bosses just don't take on a leadership role, leaving rallying to us other tasks.  Without a clear leadership role for Bosses, it isn't really that enticing a role to pursue.

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

I'm really a fan of Dune Scorpion decks, but nothing really strikes me as a single favorite deck.

As also mentioned in my interview, my favorite element is :time, but despite that, I've still opted to go for :earth, which has actually grown on me quite a lot since the last Trials and easily ranks in my top three elements.

As for why this deck type is /important/ to me is more or less covered in the interview as well.

For those who are interested in some more:

6th Trials Community Vote
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:33:47 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082753#msg1082753
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:00 am »
Hi I'm Jen!

If you're wondering who to vote for, if you need some guidance, please consult my answers below.

Spoiler for Jen answers, "For whom should I vote?":
Do I consider myself the best possible master for my element?
Nope - Kirchj33 gets vote #1
Terro gets vote #2
Mrpaper gets vote #3

In large part because I see master both as war general - an area in which I think I'd do quite well, and as a representative of the element, I don't think I'm the first name that comes to mind when you think of earth by any stretch of the imagination. Although I think I've finally come to the realization that earth is my favourite element.

Would I rather have a maser well-versed in the forum or the game?
The forum - if only because a master well-versed in the forum has better odds of knowing the community well, which gives them a better chance of recruiting a quality war team, a master that is an expert at the game but spends little time in the community is more likely to be a dictator as a general, the odds of them recruiting a team that will carry the event and will do so well is much less.

Spoiler for Jen answering other questions:
Name one song that represents your element in your eye
O-Daiko

Do I plan on leading my element in War and in Brawl?
Yes - if nothing changes in my life that forbids me from doing so - Jen likes Brawl!

What is my favourite deck and why?
Here's my answer from trials #4 - nothing really has changed
I don't really have a favorite deck - I like playing lots of different things - I may be a little ADHD in the fact that I change what I'm playing so often. Truth is my favorite deck is the one I'm currently winning with (i.e. whatever deck I loaded that is winning that day) the deck could be a lucky piece of garbage I built myself, a personal CL deck of which I'm proud or a popular deck off the forums (not too many of those ones as I don't actually look at forum decks all that often). The opposite is also true of me - my least favorite deck is the one I'm currently losing with.

How will I coordinate players from multiple time zones in war?
Well unknown to most players I'm insanely wealthy and for the duration of the war I will move Team Earth to my island off the coast of Belize an undisclosed location, along with their loved ones. So we will have to endure afternoon scuba diving trips and and mornings lounging with tequila in the pool. Evenings of wine, and sumptuous meals made by my personal chef!

Throw mud at my competitors
This is much better than throwing mud!

Best SoI deck?
I honestly don't have too much on which to base my answer - but I haven't really sat down to think through the open meta-game, one of the reasons I haven't participated in leagues in the last few seasons, if I had to put money on a deck I'd probably go with something simple and straight forward like this.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rl 77g 786 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7th 816 816 816 816 816 8pm

What would I add/change in earth?
I'd add an in-element means of beating stall decks, other than simply playing a larger stall deck.

It could be an additional option for deck out, a source of ramping damage, or an alternate victory condition card. It would of course have to be balanced, and I would prefer it bring something new to the game. Perhaps Antlion could gain this ability, "Every time Antlion unburrows return one of your pillars to your deck, if you have no pillars return Antlion to your deck. With that ability you could make it cost :earth and enter play unburrowed at it would likely still be balanced.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:55:09 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082761#msg1082761
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:40 am »
mrpaper: Is there another element you would go for mastership? If yes, what element and why? If not, why?

Well I am very happy with the earth element so I don't intend to move elsewhere. I love the challenge of playing with earth cards as it is an element that requires lots of thinking to build strong stuff.. but when you do, you are really hard to beat!  Except for graboids, earth ain't really know for a pure rush element and that suits me just fine. That being said, if I ever become bored or more likely if I'd like to go for a new challenge... I would probably go with fire as I was the general for second half of war 5 and I loved the experience (it was mostly because of the team, not only the cards of course!).  Fire cards meshes good with a lots of deck so they rarely salvage dead cards and have a strong pool to start with.  Also and more important, i find that fire decks are usually fun to play.

mrpaper: Should you have to choose, what is one card that you would remove from earth permanently? Why?
I would pick the plate armor.  Mostly because this card add so little to the game that it is almost totally unused.  Since this game doesn't really have a ton of cards to spare, that would be the one.   I don't ever see it use on a creature to buff his hp only to protect it from most cc which is what this card is meant to be.  The only good use I can get of this card is while upped, get a few on a deck with a gravity shield to block opponent creatures or depending how cards come, use on ure own Otyugh and feed from everyone!

EQ devs is one of my favorite decks, with lots of darkness and EQs
Can you make an EQ devs with earth cards and devs?
Upped the eq to destroy the quanta as fast as possible is important to have here.
4sm 4sm 58o 58o 593 593 594 595 595 59c 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5ul 5ul 5ul 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5up 5up 77j 77j 77j 77j 7ta 7tb 8pt

@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?
(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

I hope so, though I could be wrong.  I leaded earth last war and even though we didn't won, I'm pretty happy about how things went for our team.  Getting a rng win or two, we would have last way longer in war.  I also think I give some positive vibe around the earth element.  I'm confident I can lead this team to a better ranking next war, but that is for later!
A song that would represent my element would be :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df8sehUd4CY  ;D

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.
Well, time zones can be tricky for meetings.  The best thing would be to have all the team with similar team zone, but it is unlikely I get to find around 6 persons I really like at a price I feel reasonable and at similar time zones.  So since this is unlikely, the next best thing is to find commited people that will be available at many different hours.  It worked really well in earth team last war in almost every round and it should next time also.  Of course, me being available a lot help much.

Let's make them throw some mud,
@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?
This is easy in earth trials.  The answer is Terroking.  He didn't post decks in time and was kicked out, this is really sad from a former master which would have attracted tons of votes I am sure. Sorry Terro, I know you would have been great.

Chirp? Chirp chirp trill chirp?
Throws birds seeds  :D

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Earth lacks a cc card that can actually kills creatures, here is one

How deep have you ever been inside of Earth and in what way: cave, mine etc. ?
I've been to the core... it's way overrated, it's not that hot 8)
Other then that, no caves or mines for me.  The most I've done is dig holes with my shovel to build sandcastles

This time I'm having some trouble deciding on who to vote for in some of the elements, so I'm tossing the coin.

I don't know many of you trialists personally, and I don't have the necessary chat-time to actually get to know you better - I can look up both your ingame and forum "qualities" (which I did), furthermore, awards and staff positions aren't that impressive to me in case of mastership: So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.
Well, other then what my different awards and mastership position says of me, I'm above everything else a father of a cute little baby girl (6 months now).  I am also a math teacher, which explain a lot about my passion to the game and calculate the best decks possible, they're counters and how to avoid them.  Younger, I was a fan of magic the gathering but I turned out to be as excited now of ETG (mostly because of the community). I am also a big time hockey player (I also enjoy watching it). 

just to see all who are here in the hour before votes due to nervousness or to activity or due to anything at all. Say '' hiiii ''
hiii     ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:36:38 pm by mrpaper »

Offline Odii Odsen

• Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082766#msg1082766
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:03:46 am »
To all: What is the best SoI deck in your opinion? (upped or unupped)

mrpaper: Is there another element you would go for mastership? If yes, what element and why? If not, why?

Jen-i: If you could change something in Earth, what would you buff/nerf?

Blacksmith: Who would you vote, aside from yourself?

Drake: How long did you prepare for Phase 2? What would you change, if you would get a second chance?
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Opsinis

Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082816#msg1082816
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:04:51 am »
Jen-i: You're very decorated as a PvP vet. How will your PvP journey in elements shape the way you plan to be the Master of Earth?

mrpaper: Should you have to choose, what is one card that you would remove from earth permanently? Why?

Blacksmith: It could be said that you're a decently new individual to the forums. How is that a setback? How is that an asset?

Drake: What did you learn from last trials? Explain in depth a little, in regards to the final battle with mrpaper.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082825#msg1082825
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:51 am »

Drake: How long did you prepare for Phase 2? What would you change, if you would get a second chance?

[building deck]

I actually think I prepped a bit more than I expected to.  With help from [censored], I began mapping out my decks according to the chart.  I'd explain some examples, but they escape me for now.

If anything, I'd like to have reminded myself how nicely a few early Earthquakes screws you over so badly.

Drake: What did you learn from last trials? Explain in depth a little, in regards to the final battle with mrpaper.

Prior to that last Trials, I was really limited to my knowledge of PvE decks and just getting fast decks out.  But then I was reminded of stalls and the fact that not all matches are won with brute force, but with the stalwart nature no unlike that of the mountain.  Of the Earth.  Which is why I've decided to stick around.

That and women hit hard.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:44:01 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082826#msg1082826
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 06:15:15 am »
To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Edit:  I left a word.

[pending]

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

*makes some popcorn and sits back*

Probably me.

But I'm a really self-deprecating sort of guy, so I'm not sure if that's affected this answer.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

Someone well-versed in the Forum.

Considering the content and that they are not restricted to off-topic discussions, they would need to have appropriate understanding of the game to be able to be well-versed.

♫Chirp♫
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:46:45 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082850#msg1082850
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:50:05 am »
Jen-i : how does the pirateness do with the lack of possibility of sailing a true pirate ship on earth?
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082851#msg1082851
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:08:08 am »
Spoiler Phase 3 - Questions Topic answers.
Spoiler for Hidden:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

People who are trailing for earth.
Drake
Jen-i
Terroking
Blacksmith

I believe that all people who are trailing for :earth are worthy the the title of a master.

Terroking because he has been master of earth 3 times before and is a very good player.

When it comes to myself it's a bit more complicated. I have always been a fire player, I choosed earth because I wanted to experience something new. I once made the thread The versality of the immo rush but what I have found in earth is a way more versal element than fire, it has the ability to rush, to stall, to cc and pc in a different way than fire. I have come to really really like :earth and with my ambitious activity and somehow ok pvp skill I think I could make a great master.

Jen-i is a great pvper which I rate better than myself, he is also a nice person he could also make a great master.

I don't know much about Drake but what I have seen is good.

I agree.

Time to get these question out of the way:

Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?
I do.

To all:

Edit:  I left a word.
I have my tactic but ftm it's a secret.

*makes some popcorn and sits back*
Sorry Chapuz I won't answer that.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
Thats a hard question. The first answer is both but that is a bad one.  I guess I would prefer in the game since a good player gets awards at forum anyway if that is his intention.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?
He pretty fun question Marsu. Well I'm walking barefoot quiet often at our country house, I also eat things the grow in dirt.

O and for all people playing Mtg here is one of my favorite flavor text.

Food grow in dirt save time eat dirt.

To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.
Earth got few weeknes. It can rush, stall, cc, pc and can buff.  Only
Only thing I I could think of is buff attack or heal, even if SS does.

This might not be the ultimate card but I think it could incease the por use of antlion.

Spoiler for questions in this thread.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Blacksmith: Who would you vote, aside from yourself?

I never really played soi decks not cause I don't like them cause they are so vurnable to shileds. So Ihaven't player around much with Soi.
This is my Soi deck in CL.
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 786 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7n0 7u2 7u2 7u2 7u2 7u2 7u2 816 816 816 816 816 816 8po

Sob for speed and damage, sov for heal, sow for protektion and to avoid shields.

I would either vote for Terroking or Jen-i, even if Terroking has been master trice before and is a great player and know earth very well.  Jen-i is new and has never been a master before. New blod can be good sometimes, new ideas and ways to play, he is also a very very good player.

Blacksmith: It could be said that you're a decently new individual to the forums. How is that a setback? How is that an asset?

I started playing this game december 2010 back then I was pretty lousy and I didn't play much. It wasn't until 2012 I started to play for real and around this time at the year I started reading topics and such at the forum. I got involved in my first tourney in august and since then the amount of things I have participated in has  increased over time. I have always been active in chat on Konregate and there I have learnt a lot about the game. Here are some examples.

Did you know that mark cards first was implemented in the beta and back then it did the same as a pillar and you could win it in spins.
Cell cards wore actually grind able during a short amount of time where a bug made you able to get some in spins.
In the beginning it costed 100 (if I remember correctly) to change mark.
60 card rainbows wore actually some of the best decks to grind fg's with back in the day.
Thats sundial lasted 2 turns when it was new.

But when it comes to forum I'm quiet new. The setback this gives me is less experience in competitive pvp and less experience when it comes to events like war and brawl. This also give me a new way of thinking and new ideas on how to solve things and so on. An asset can be that I have entered most events recently so my memory is fresh and since I haven't achieved very much so far I might work harder to reach my goals.

To all  :earth trialists:
How deep have you ever been inside of Earth and in what way: cave, mine etc. ?
Not far I'm afraid. Deepest; I think, was when I wore in a cave with a lot of stalagmites. I liked it but it can't have been further down than 10-30 meters.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:38:28 pm by Blacksmith »
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082891#msg1082891
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »
I don't think you are - but your mother might know better, I'll ask her the next time I see her.

Spoiler for Giant Picture of Earth:
How am I connected to earth outside the game?

image by Lazca taken hosted on DeviantArt

This is my home - I try to to screw it up. So things like recycling, and reducing my carbon footprint, eating local and a host of other things are important to me.

How will my PvP journey in elements shape the way you plan to be the Master of Earth?
One could easily assume that my supposed PvP expertise would lead me to want to be a dictator. However my most enjoyable war experiences have all come from working at part of a team that shared the load and worked well together. When I took over as General of :time in War #3, the few members remaining active on the team came together and shared the workload and our successes. I joined war #6 in the Express hope of playing kev, because I knew that this was going to be his leadership style. My tourney success has largely come from two factors, I've joined an awful lot of tournies, and very early on I found groups of players who would analyse meta and build decks together - I've enjoyed that cooperation and would hope that I would bring out the best in a War Team as well.

How do I cope with being a land locked pirate?
Last Saskatchewan Pirate - now you need to know Saskatchewan is a land locked, flat as a pancake, dry as a bone, farmland as far as the eye can see. Its +30C in the summer and -45C in the winter - if I could pirate there I can pirate anywhere!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:45:06 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50064.msg1082894#msg1082894
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »
EQ devs is one of my favorite decks, with lots of darkness and EQs
Can you make an EQ devs with earth cards and devs?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

anything
blarg: