Drake_XIV
21 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:29:41 pm

*Author

Offline RavingRabbidTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011486#msg1011486
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:41 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

For reference, here are the 6th Trials Standings (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,43965.0.html) and Phase 1 Submission (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,43688.0.html) threads.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:18:37 pm by RavingRabbid »
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011535#msg1011535
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:38:37 pm »
Drake - you were originally going for the Master of Time position, the element which I think you know best. By switching to earth, how has this been a new experience for you?

Drake & Paper - How much a master of earth do you feel after the previous phases?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011617#msg1011617
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:50 pm »
Why do you think antlion is UU?

Also, as part of team earth last war, wings and dims were a problem for us, do you think that thematically Earth should be able to counter these?

What is earth's major weakness as an element (more so what it could use to become a top-tier element)
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011648#msg1011648
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:29:04 pm »
All my answers will be in this post:
Rutarete:
Spoiler for Hidden:
How much a master of earth do you feel after the previous phases?
I feel pretty close to be master being 8 points ahead, but I also feel in a great fog as to whether the community will feel me or Drake is best suited for the master position.  Also, I feel I've given every opponent I had in phase 2 a competition that is master worthy (of course I didn't win every match, but I'm still happy of the way I've played).  I don't know if you're question includes this, but I also feel ready because I've been in 4 wars already, from being a simple member to being lieutenant to being general for about half of last war.  In all of those wars, I've proven my dedication to the game and I hope some pvp skills and predictor skills.

Laxadarap:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Well unfortunately, it doesn't bring much that other earth creatures do.  The unnupped version is too weak in terms of attack to be considered a threat by any means.  The upped version sure is more interesting with a low cost of 2 to cast, but with only a defense of 4, people will usually prefer to pay 4 and use the upped golem because it is highly resistant to cc, or graboid of course since it will cost  3 +1 to do 10 damage.  Also, the burrow ability is great on a creature you deeply wanna protect but on a creature that is meant to be used because it's cheap to play, you don't need that.

Also, as part of team earth last war, wings and dims were a problem for us, do you think that thematically Earth should be able to counter these?

I believe that the wind and what is untouchable are meant to be great flaws if not the greatest flaws to the earth element so I defently approve that they are hard to counter for us (not impossible by any means though).

What is earth's major weakness as an element (more so what it could use to become a top-tier element)

I don't think that earth needs much to be dominant, it is weak against some cards like all elements do, but the really problem to me is that it has only one cc card (pulvy).  While pulvy is great, it depends on gravity quanta and forces a duo with gravity.  A gravity duo has many limitations so it's not ideal.

Jenkar
Spoiler for Hidden:
build a air/earth duo that isn't based on splashing or stoneskins.   There ya go :) 
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
59c 5oo 5oo 778 778 778 778 778 77b 77l 77l 77l 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n5 7n5 7n5 7n5 7n8 7n8 7n8 8pr

ARTHANASIOS:
Spoiler for Hidden:
both candidates: built an original yet effective deck with 5-6 copies of unupped Antlions.  Sigh.. my last answer was to say that Antlions are weak, but I built something fun from em anyway!  I assumed fractaling antlions was anything but original, so I went with mitosis + empathic bond, using the low cost of Antlion to fill the field easily.
58p 58p 58p 58p 58p 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 778 778 778 778 778 77c 77l 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7al 7am 7am 7am 7am 8pn

furballdn
Spoiler for Hidden:
What is Earth? Just a defensive stone wall? Or a mighty but slow titan?  The word I associate earth to is hard.   So yeah it is somewhat of a defensive stone wall... but hard is not only for protection, it also stands also for heavy attackers to me.

Why is antlion UP? How would you make it not UP?  I've already answered partly this in another post.  To make it more powerful, I'd like if it could burrow any of you're creatures, would having a ruby dragon protected for the cost of 2 cards and only half of 15 still worth it?  Not sure, but if that same antlion could protect a 2nd dragon and then a 3rd.. it becomes much more interesting to me.

Burrow seems to not get a lot of love, and there are lots of ideas to improve it. How would you improve burrow?  See above, give burrow to others.

Build the best possible life/earth duo.
I like hematite/steel golems. Make me a good deck with 6 of them please.
Ive joined both to make a good one :)
58q 58q 58q 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 778 778 778 778 778 77a 77a 77a 77c 77l 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7al 7am 7am 7am 8pn

How would you nerf graboid?  I would not, but if I have to, maybe remove 1 def to make it vulnerable to otyugh and to die easier from many cc cards.

How would you buff plate armor? I would make it add 1 in attack, or 2 if the attack is less then 3 before puttign this card on.

Should PA be moved into  like AW?  No, it is one of the strong point from earth and should be kept that way, you want PA... come join my team!

In your opinion, what is it that makes earth a force to be reckoned with? To me it is the fact that is can rush as good as it can stall/deny and it has chemistry with so many elements that the number of possibilities is insane! 

Acsabi44
Spoiler for Hidden:
What deck archetype do you see as the biggest "problem deck" for earth in war?
Since earth can easily rush/stall/deny there ain't much problem decks, but if anything, wings or dims based deck are killers for our grabs rush.

Rutarete
Spoiler for Hidden:
Currently Antlion is very ant-like. How do you envision it more lion-like? What if it was a Lionant?
I'd say lion is powerful but lazy.. the opposite of the ant who is a great worker, so I'd do a creature that has more attack (6 for unnupped 8 for upped), but that doen't attack the first 2 turns it is in play.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:11:10 pm by mrpaper »

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011651#msg1011651
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »

IT ISN'T _8_

Serious question : build a air/earth duo that isn't based on splashing or stoneskins.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011714#msg1011714
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:10 am »
both candidates: built an original yet effective deck with 5-6 copies of unupped Antlions.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1011789#msg1011789
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:03 am »
What is Earth? Just a defensive stone wall? Or a mighty but slow titan?

Why is antlion UP? How would you make it not UP?

Burrow seems to not get a lot of love, and there are lots of ideas to improve it. How would you improve burrow?

How would you nerf graboid?

How would you buff plate armor?

Should PA be moved into :rainbow like AW?

In your opinion, what is it that makes earth a force to be reckoned with?

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1012046#msg1012046
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:38:13 am »
Same question for evey candidate:

[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1012188#msg1012188
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 05:30:09 am »
Currently Antlion is very ant-like. How do you envision it more lion-like? What if it was a Lionant?
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1012509#msg1012509
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 06:21:50 pm »
Should have Reserved when I had a chance...

Spoiler for Rutarete:
Drake - you were originally going for the Master of Time position, the element which I think you know best. By switching to earth, how has this been a new experience for you?

Drake & Paper - How much a master of earth do you feel after the previous phases?

To be honest, not so much.  From what I've seen, Earth is like an extension of Time, or vice versa.  With Delay [Warden, Blood] and the ever popular Graboid, this Time connection is somewhat evident.  However, I don't really know what to judge this on.  This is my first Trials, and thus, a new experience as a whole.

As for Mastery, I don't know where I stand exactly.  While it would be great if i did come out on top, the community doesn't really have much to see of me in terms of a Mastery role.  But let's see where this takes us.

Spoiler for Laxadarap:

Antlion is underpowered because it is easily overshadowed by Graboid and Shrieker.  While I don't exactly agree with the fact that it is, that is simply how it is.

Thematically, I would say no, there shouldn't be means.  Considering what they are, Earth is .  Although it isn't much, Pulverizer should not be forgotten.

Earth's weakness?  It would have to be Wings and Phase Shields.  Aside from Basalt Dragon, which is outshadowed by the ever popular Shrieker, all :earth creatures are non-airborne meaning these two shields just wall it off.  I feel this is the only real weakness as it can take most CC and has defense against PC.

Spoiler for Jenkarp:

IT ISN'T _8_

Serious question : build a air/earth duo that isn't based on splashing or stoneskins.

[PENDING ANSWER]

Spoiler for ARTHANASIOS:
both candidates: built an original yet effective deck with 5-6 copies of unupped Antlions.

58p 58p 58p 58p 58p 6rv 6rv 77c 77c 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77j 77j 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

Burrowing and SoPa is always something I kind of liked, but it was always somewhat slow.  So I made it Pillarless and added Denial!  However this is more of an AI-killer than anything

Nightmare your Antlions and Gemfinders to clog up AI's and wall them off with Diamond Shield.  Quicksands and Pests should be able to prevent your opponent from generating enough quanta to get PC out.

Spoiler for fireballdn:
What is Earth? Just a defensive stone wall? Or a mighty but slow titan?

Why is antlion UP? How would you make it not UP?

Burrow seems to not get a lot of love, and there are lots of ideas to improve it. How would you improve burrow?

How would you nerf graboid?

How would you buff plate armor?

Should PA be moved into :rainbow like AW?

In your opinion, what is it that makes earth a force to be reckoned with?

Why can't it be both?  Slow as it may be, I see it as some substantial juggernaut, capable of taking hits and dealing back in kind.  :gravity is similar in this regard, but focuses much more heavily on taking hits than taking damage, in my opinion, and carries the thematic in rushing by as opposed to :earth and its crushing potential.

Antlion is UP strictly because it is overshadowed by Graboid, which enters the field burrowed and achieves the same damage as it when burrowed.  One way to fix this is by nerfing Graboid's base stats, as seen in a later question, or by modifying Antlion's ability, making it similar to what real Antlions accomplish, perhaps by burrowing a target creature as well.

-

-

If I were to nerf Graboid, I would actually cut its attack to 0 as so it doesn't overshadow Antlion and increase its ability cost to :time :time instead.  Shrieker already creates enough damage, although such an effect would really be detrimental to :earth as a whole, but assist in killing Grabbows to an extent.

If I were to buff Plate Armor | Heavy Armor, I would actually add on ability similar to Spiked Shell.

No.  AW has a wide range of targets and entertains combos in a variety of elements [  :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow :rainbow :entropy :death :gravity :earth :life :fire :water :light :air :time :underworld :aether].  However, EA is much more specialized, countering only a choice set [ :rainbow :entropy :earth :fire :water :darkness].  Even then, only a small handful of those are actually used and the others are very limited.  So, in order to allow the viability of the use of these limited PC cards, EA should only be :earth and not be accessible to all elements, although SoFo is tempting me to say otherwise.

Although I rarely find myself doing so, Earth's stalling potential seems to be what comes out to be the best outside of the pure rush of Shriekers.  With Diamond Shield, Warden, and BB, a considerable amount of damage is already cut and any damage taken can easily be recovered with a large SS.  This is magnified when adding other elements such as :light, as that adds extra healing.

Spoiler for Acsabi44:
Same question for evey candidate:

I really do not have much knowledge regarding War, so I feel I am actually unqualified to answer this question until I am more acquainted with the rules.

However, from what I have seen, and assuming a majority of cards will be :earth, I still feel it will be Wings and Dimensional Shields that will prove to be the biggest hindrance as I believe it would not be wrong to assume that getting Shriekers into the Vault takes precedence over Stone Dragons.  Go barring the use of out-element PC, out-element airborne creatures, and perhaps the use of Momentum, these literally will be a wall for :earth.

Spoiler for Rutarete:

As I have explained this to you, I believe it is neither.  It is pretty accurate of the Antlion Larvae, although I would like to see the ability taken to reflect the actual insect.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:55:23 pm by Drake_XIV »

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44395.msg1012518#msg1012518
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »
To paper and drake - what is your favorite aspect of earth and why?
My Decks

anything
blarg: