*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377625#msg377625
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:03:31 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377633#msg377633
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:47 am »
So this is me.  I spend a good deal of time in chat, so odds are that if you spend much time there you probably already know a good deal about me, whether elements-related or otherwise.  For those of you who don't, or those of you who are looking to know more about me, well, this is for you.

I was first introduced to Elements back in April of last year, and quit probably a week later (this was back when it cost 100 electrum to change your mark).  Last October, I ventured back, and due to either willng3 or jmdt linking a forum link in Kong chat, I found this place.  I lurked for a while, learning everything I could, especially about this huge "War" that everyone seemed to be talking about.  I played in some tournaments, finishing second and third a couple of times, but never breaking through and winning.  Yeah, I was hooked.  I needed more, so I figured I would give this "Beginner's League" a shot.  Couldn't be too hard, right?  Two weeks later, I was promptly firmly in 53rd place thinking "Whaaa?!?".  At that point, I designed my first deck, the PvP1 Firestall (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19882.msg269086#msg269086) and by the end of the season (and apparently being the only person that could beat TStar), I had managed to get up to 7th.  I was involved in War 3 as Team Darkness' Strategist, a job that I not only took very seriously and put a lot of effort into, but I know that all my hard work was appreciated by everyone on the team.  Regrettably, I had a family tragedy that killed my interest in anything in the middle of War, but I managed to make my way back here.

Why Earth?  Well, I liken it to dating someone.  At first you think, "Eh, why not?  We'll fool around, and then both move on."  The problem was, I done went and fell in love.  The more I used it, the more I loved it.  There was nothing I couldn't do with it.  I could rush, I could stall, I could lockdown, I could get creative, it was the whole package!  Not only that, but the synergies that exist between it and other elements are simply too fun to pass up.  The Trials gave me an opportunity to throw my creativity against some of the best and most creative people we have, and I couldn't pass that up.

As for why I would be a great Master?  Well, as anyone who has known me for any time can tell you, I have a level head and a keen analytical mind.  I also am keenly aware of what I do and do not know, which allows me to not be so prideful as to think I can do everything on my own.  In addition, I truly love helping people, as several who were involved in the Trials can tell you.

When it comes to answering questions, I am up for just about anything, but if I think something is out of bounds, I will not hesitate to decline to answer that specific question.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

kirchj33

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377661#msg377661
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:42 am »
“I hold the Earth in the palm of my hands, a responsibility I do not take lightly.”

Why Is the element of Earth so important to me?
I LOVE the versatility of earth.  It has disruption, it has protection, it has an extremely powerful weapon, it has amazing creatures (arguably the strongest in the game), it has alternate ways of producing quanta, and it has CC.  Above all, I feel earth has been underrepresented in war to this point, and I would like to be the one who embraces the challenge of pushing earth to new heights.
Why am I qualified to become Earth’s master?
I began playing Elements back in December as a casual PvE grinder, my score quickly rose to the ranks of some of the elites in the game, but I felt I needed a greater challenge. 
My first quest I set out on was to increase the level of enjoyment of AI3 grinding.  I was lucky enough to learn under the tutelage of jmdt, and after working tirelessly for over a month, I created the TADAbow (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22518.msg304907#msg304907), a deck many consider to be the most powerful and most versatile deck that exists in elements.  For me, it certainly beat USEM/USEMosis for enjoyment and was the answer I was looking for.
I then set out to learn how to PvP properly.  Again, I was lucky enough to learn underneath another legend, and TStar taught me the nuances of deckbuilding and countering opponents.  I was able to move from last place after the first month of BL, all the way up to 3rd before I stopped grinding.  My war 3 record was .500 (a fine achievement for a team :light member), and I achieved victory in the Booster Draft.
In addition, I have contributed a number of solid decks to Elements, anywhere from unupped T50 decks to FG grinders, to AI3 EM decks.  I believe my biggest strength is my ability to deckbuild, and am considered by many as one of the top builders in the game.  I am organized (a key attribute for war), and always back up my info with statistics.
Along these lines, I have championed several important statistical studies in Elements, most prominently, the FG Efficiency Study (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,25609.msg349334#msg349334).
My resume
30 (gravity) cards short of 6 upped copies of every card, including 12 pillars and pendulums of each element
Winner of Booster Draft
456k+ score
15931 wins
6601 losses

Undefeated winner of 4th Trials – Phase 2 – Earth Battles
-Standings- (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28891.0.html

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377738#msg377738
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:57:01 am »
Just a small question for Earth challengers (and the master) should they so choose to answer my class Trials Question. :D

Q: “Earth’s most recent card, Iridium (Vanadium) Warden, had initially gained a lot of attention when it was being developed, but is now mostly overlooked when it comes to deck building. Do you think this is because the Warden requires another card (spell buffs) in order to work properly? Or do you think that the creature simply can’t compared to the other utility creatures found in other elements?”

kirchj33

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377777#msg377777
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:56:59 am »
Just a small question for Earth challengers (and the master) should they so choose to answer my class Trials Question. :D

Q: “Earth’s most recent card, Iridium (Vanadium) Warden, had initially gained a lot of attention when it was being developed, but is now mostly overlooked when it comes to deck building. Do you think this is because the Warden requires another card (spell buffs) in order to work properly? Or do you think that the creature simply can’t compared to the other utility creatures found in other elements?”
Hey Kuro,

Great question.  The warden provokes some interesting deckbuilding choices.  I do believe there is a window of opportunity for this card to play a prominent role in earth's arsenal because of its cheap cost to play and effectiveness in the early game.  However, I feel that one of the main limiting factors in its disuse is that in order for the warden to flex its muscle as something more than just a blocker, as you mentioned, it requires a buff.  I tend to hesitate when using cards that require any combination of cards because you then decrease your own efficiency.  Simply adding 6 wardens with equivalent buffs requires adding 12 cards to a deck, and playing at least a duo.  I believe its strength lies in sneaking a warden or two in as a distraction from other damage.

However, to me, what limits this card most when considering playing it as a buffed creature, one must think of earth's arsenal as a whole.  One of the best counters to earth's strongest creature (graboid) is reverse time.  This causes an earth deck to fall behind in quanta, and for a buffed warden, its an absolute show-stopper.  Because opponents may have a higher likelihood to bring RT against an earth deck, it reduces the potential effectiveness of a buffed warden itself.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377860#msg377860
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:40 am »
According to stats in the "Which Element Is Your Favourite?" topic, earth is the least popular element.
Why do you think so?
Explain.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377946#msg377946
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:07:14 pm »

I'm answering this without reading kirchj's response, so I apologize if I repeat any points that he may have touched on. 

That being said, I think the main reason is that people are generally looking for a way to either rip through AI3 (and more recently, the Arena) or FGs.  Quite simply, Wardens are not conducive to this end.  While they can be a wonderful stalling technique (this makes me think back to my match with kirchj in Phase II), by themselves they simply do not add to a rushing deck.  As has been mentioned so often in chat by Higurashi, jmdt, and kirchj (among others), taking up a card slot in a 30-card rushing deck with any type of control only slows the deck down and even if it wins more often, the extra time spent not only clicking on the actual cards, but thinking about what creature to delay actually makes the deck less efficient. 

Another reason that people overlook them is twofold.  First is the fact that they are ridiculously fragile in the unupped environment.  Three HP means that it can be killed outright by virtually any kind of CC.  Also, you have the fact that to be most effective they have to be buffed by either Momentum or Blessing (since there are no other creature buffs that raise Atk for Earth creatures), so now you're working at a card disadvantage unless you can kill at least 1 creature.  Even then, all you have done is managed to break even.  Even after you've buffed them, they are still a weak attacker that is still susceptible to every form of CC, especially RT.  In addition to this, the Warden doesn't attack flying creatures, it only delays them.  While this isn't terribly detrimental, the fact that Phoenixes are as prevalent as they are is another thing that deters people from using Wardens.

Now, let's say you've got your buffed Warden.  I can reasonably predict that you're playing one of three different types of decks:  Gravity/Earth Control, Light/Earth Stall/Control, or a Controlbow of some sort.  This is simply not enough versatility to make the Warden viable in enough kinds of decks.

In tl;dr speak, it is a combination of many different things that prevents Wardens from being more widely used:  No inherent damage done, fragile, and they put you at a card disadvantage.

According to stats in the "Which Element Is Your Favourite?" topic, earth is the least popular element.
Why do you think so?
Explain.
Well, I think, quite simply, that people tend to look for versatility and creativity when discussing their "favorite" element.  To many people, Earth simply doesn't offer that.  They see Graboid, Shrieker, and Earthquake and think, "Yup, that's all I need here" and move along.  I think, all too often, they simply see Earth as a beat-stick that they can use to pulverize (heehee) their opponents with and don't look at all the other things it can do well like healing, stalling, and effective CC.  I would tell each of those people to take a look at the Arena decks we designed for Phase 1 and the decks we used against each other in Phase 2 if you feel that way, as there was a ton of creativity in the deckbuilding.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg377981#msg377981
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »

A: I feel that Warden is actually a case of unexploited potential - there are other Elements that rely on buffs cards, and usually those Elements don't have buff cards available to them (:time , :death , :aether , and  now :earth ) However, Warden may also be seen inferior to it's quicker counterpart Basilisk Blood, which costs the same to deny 1 creature, but doesn't drain quantum in the long run and has no 1 turn windup either. The result is a selection between long-term versatility or immediate CC - players usually pack BB as a result since it doesn't need to be played early. In addition, the Warden is vulnerable to AoE cards like an enemy Cloak or Rain of Fire, and it cannot kill Airborne creatures unless paired with a Spider using Web, which is also another underused ability.

That being said, Warden does have it's merits. Provided that you can supply the quantum, an undisrupted Warden has the potential to keep a damage source permanently off the board, and if the target dies, it can switch to attacking another target. Some decks like The Laughing Stones (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29353.0.html) focus on swarming the field with Wardens to provide a sheer amount of CC that the opponent will usually not be able to deal with, while a deck like The Lone Hero (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28142.0.html) splashes in a Warden to turn it into reusable CC, which helps justify a rainbow's access to cards like Blessing or Chaos Power.

Overall, the Warden usually forces an Elemental duo for it to be truly effective - in Mono-Earth Basilisk Blood is a lot less vulnerable to denial and is overall faster.   :light (Blessing) ,  :gravity (Momentum) are the only two Elements that can work with this factor unupgraded - upgraded, :entropy (Chaos Power), or :fire (Unupgraded Rage Potion with Upgraded Warden), making it somewhat unlikely to be used in most situations, except for a CC splash in rainbows. Most players don't use a swarm strategy with Wardens either, from what I've seen -  :aether (Fractal) or :life (Mitosis) can make an effective strategy with the Warden, provided you can get the strategy to work.

It's limitations make it hard for players to find strategies in the current metagame - it's possible that we may see new cards in the future that puts the Warden's potential more at the front of the game, but for now, Warden is slower and more situational than most CC, which makes it unlikely to be seen in a lot of decks.

Why do you think so?
Explain.
I found two different threads regarding this subject (and with the same title), but Earth seems to be the least popular regardless.

I feel Earth may be considered a less 'interesting' Element than others, despite the fact that it does possess a lot of power (and unnoticed flexibility). It's known for creating two rush deck archetypes that most players find unoriginal  the Grabbow and the Shrieker Rush.  However, the following decks usually take note of only one :earth card - the Grabboid. Earth isn't all about one or two cards, despite what it may seem to newer players - when you look at it's cards, it may have a more versatile arsenal than it actually appears to do so by default - for example, Pulverizer is one of the game's few PC sources by default, Basilisk Blood can synergize with various cards like Catapult and Voodoo Doll (while being a good source of CC itself), Steel Golem is an effective cost/damage creature that can work with cards like Rage Potion or Mitosis, and Stone Skin can act as a powerful late-game heal when used correctly.

On the flipside, people may find Earth less interesting as well due to it's stallpower - decks that use Stone Skin can easily negate a few turn's worth of damage, which can be pushed even further with various cards like Shard of Divinity, Sanctuary, and Miracle. Elements is known for being a 'quick' game to some - the fact that people will run stall and control decks can discourage them from playing.

Overall, people don't look beyond what Earth initially appears to be - given closer consideration, there are a ton of decks you can come up with and some can be very unique and effective.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg378143#msg378143
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »
Last trials, my question was about Cavemen.
Now, it is about evolution, like Graboids.

Graboid is vastly considered one of the most powerful cards in game (In doubt, Graboids are always fine), because they evolve.

Evolve an old deck into something fresh.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg378162#msg378162
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »

Graboid is vastly considered one of the most powerful cards in game (In doubt, Graboids are always fine), because they evolve.

Ladies and mentlegen, the all original Shrieker Rush!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 591 591 591 591 591 591 8ps

...you can stop laughing now.
4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 591 591 591 591 591 591 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 8pn

Mark of Life? What are you planning to with that?
4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58p 58p 58p 58q 58q 58q 591 591 591 591 591 591 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 8pn

No Graboids? BLASHPHEMY!

A bit of tweaking later :
4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58p 58p 58p 58q 58q 58q 591 591 591 591 591 591 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c7 5c7 5c7 8pn

The final result, The Healing Shrieker. Semi-stallish, using Heals to negate damage. Shriekers + Adren is the idea combo - you can also burrow Shriekers to protect them from CC. Lower attack? Don't worry, Adrenaline has it covered.

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg378180#msg378180
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »
What is your favourite deck, and why?
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

kirchj33

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29682.msg378219#msg378219
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:02 pm »
Why do you think so?
Explain.
From my perspective, this seems crazy.  There sure seems to be a lot of desire and competition to become involved with earth during trials.  However, as some of the others have mentioned, the element lacks flair overall.  One reason I love earth is because it is more of a blue collar, hard-working element that steadily gets the job done.  Its rushes are straightforward, its stalls are stout, and its control is unrelenting.  It doesn't have the satisfaction of instant speed like fire, or a stranglehold shutdown such as entropy, and I think for this reason people tend to steer away from earth.

Yumm.  Deckbuilding.  *Rubs hands together*  I will search through the old archives for something sightly outdated it and modernize it with a touch of kirchj33 style!

Look for a response within the next hour or two.

Edit:
Ok, so I've decided to take an outdated shrieker rush with a time mark from the AI3 archive and convert it to a more quanta efficient rush/AI3 grinder.
AI3 GRINDING: LUDICROUS SPEED (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,482.0.html)
6rk 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77h 77h 77h 77h 77h 77h 8ps

Golhostoids (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29742.new.html#new)
5ru 5ru 5ru 6rk 6rk 778 778 778 778 778 778 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 8ps

Quanta now much more balanced and deck is faster!
Time QI: 4.0
Earth QI: 3.8
What is your favourite deck, and why?
Another deck question!  I love it!  The obvious answer for me here is the TADAbow because it is my baby and I have spent hundreds of hours fine-tuning it.  I knew I loved earth though when I was on my quest to produce the perfect AI3 deck and created O'EM'G.  It made me realize that the hype for Graboids can nearly be matched by Steel Golems in the upped environment.  I just love their consistency, low cost, and nearly inpenetrable resistance to CC.  For a good historical rundown at what decks I went through before arriving at the TADAbow, you can check this provided link (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23293.msg316588#msg316588).

blarg: jmdt,TStar,Zblader,kirchj33