*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67859.msg1299232#msg1299232
« on: June 15, 2020, 07:48:46 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
PHASE 1 DONE

:earthbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules.

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:
  • DoubleCapitals

Master immortal feud of :earth is NOT defending.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:44:22 pm by PlayerOa »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67859.msg1299394#msg1299394
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:53:44 pm »
Spoiler for Melodramatic intro:
Today, the show is over. The world ends. The cities grow grey. The world returning to what it was meant to be. The natural order.
Today our armies were defeated. Young and full of hope they were. All turned to dust.
Awaking after... what honestly seems like forever, I pick up my rusted crown. Still tingling with a glimmer of yellow. I'm reluctant to do this but, there's no where I could really be but home. I've let them down, but they'll always find a place for me.
Word got out that they've selected my ancestor as the new Master? And they nearly won too?! Damn. If only I could be like them.
I knock onto those ancient gates of sandstone. A story of love, disappointment, self-doubt, and redemption. To prove I despite all this time, I was worthy.

This is not that story.
This is the tale of of good ol' Antlion-y qwerter, a tale of dreams of an ancestor seeking the secrets of the ground. That's right. Back when I couldn't have a custom profile picture, I was a good 'ol Antlion, hiding in the shadows. Nothing to prove, no expectations to be had. Just potential. This is not a story of today, it's the story of the land
before time...

*booing noises in the distance*

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Pick your favorite deck from the past trial finals of your element. Explain why it is your favorite, its strengths and weaknesses and make a counter deck consisting of 50% of cards from your trial element, with same number of upgrades as the favorite deck.

So as someone who basically won my Time mastership on the back of fucking Sundial, I'll have to nominate the classic Immortal as my favourite deck:
Spoiler for DANIEELA vs immortal feud, Game 3:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 594 594 594 594 594 594 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5l8 5l8 5l8 5li 5li 5li 5li 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 77c 77c 77c 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

Spoiler for DANIEELA vs immortal feud, Game 4:
58o 58s 594 594 594 594 594 594 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5lh 5li 5li 5li 5li 5li 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 77c 77c 78q 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

Every light stall has its own little quirks... As for Earth, they are by far the one that can soak up the most damage due to Stone Skin. The Stone Skin/Miracle combo makes it very difficult for any rush-type deck to claw back at it once they're at like, 200, 300, 400 max hp. Sancs are optional but as the game goes longer their ability to mop up the incoming damage makes it more and more valuable.

Weaknesses would obviously be that since the deck is fat, it is inconsistent and can be vulnerable early game with the wrong draws. Earth has decent rush mitigation (B.Blood, Titantium, less appropriately Wardens and Auburns) but you need to pack that in a deck that is really, really mana hungry for earth quanta. Top that with the threat of EQ (which DANIELLA banned, but still, consideration) and your Immortal deck may just become Immorushed...
In addition with new Trial element restrictions, playing Immortal also locks you out of :time unless you don't play Dials, which is a choice for consideration if you want to have some RT pepper in your Grabby rushes...

Right, now, counters:
1) Stallbreaker - generally something that can pump out massive amounts of damage. For earth this probably entails NT water duos, and SoPa-anything, preferably creature heavy to maximize the SoPa.
2) A fatter Immortal - Pity Earth has no Pharaoh to stallbreak... since you already run Sundial you could put in the Eternity and deckout win, good luck not getting desync though
3) All-in and rush. The method I'll show here, immortal feud has ups advantage (19-9) so playing as him would be much easier, but I'm gonna use DANIEELA's 9 up count but use immortal's bans, since it's his up count.
Spoiler for counter:
58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 778 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dp 7dp 8po
Classic immorush, deflags for dials and/or sancs, if you had to use more than 3 it's likely you were already shindeiru.

Eitherway, immortal, all-in deck which you have to go all-in to tech against, anything in between gets rekt. It's iconic, the counters are pretty clear, but people have to play around (or ban) it every game...

A legendary card is a card you may only have one copy of in your deck. Design a legendary card for your element.
Termite Nest: 5 (4 :earth), Permament
Gain 1 HP at the end of turn per burrowed creature. 2 :earth: Replace target friendly creature's ability with 1 :earth: Burrow

Spoiler for War Bonus:
War Bonus: TL;DR Nope. I never lost a single match last War. Didn't win any either.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
Loyalty Bonus: TL;DR Nope. Participated in Trials 8, 9, 11. Wrong element.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:58:30 pm by DoubleCapitals »
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67859.msg1299395#msg1299395
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 11:16:01 pm »
That's cool, DC! I'm happy you are trialling! :)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

blarg: immortal feud