*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64319.msg1261591#msg1261591
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:20:47 pm »
 TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:earthbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
- Evidence of Score Requirement
- Evidence of Established Account Requirement
- Evidence of PvP Event Participation
OR
- Evidence of PvP Event Achievement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 2:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/BMing/Voter's Panel position last brawl
-If you were a Boss, evidence of your Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules. Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• Any ONE from:
    • Winning a Weekly Tournament
    • A top 3 finish in either of the PVP Leagues
    • A top 3 finish in a PVP event
    • Finishing on 1 of the top 3 War teams
    • Becoming a Master of any Element
  • OR ALL of the following:
    • 30,000+ score in Elements
    • 100+ forum posts
    • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time of signing up)
    • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master Blacksmith of :earth is defending.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:05:27 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64319.msg1262048#msg1262048
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:20:15 am »

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1 - I'M IN CHARGE NOWWWWWW:
Give me those elements
Spoiler for Task 2 - Frizzled Reqroot:
Spoiler for Alchemy Card:
Spoiler for Nymph:
NOTE: This means physical damage dealt to the owner is reduced by 1. Not that the permanent that doesn't act has it's damage reduced by 1.
Very shaky about balance with these cards (namely the Nymphs). It takes 1 permanent (1 from a stack), disables any abilities it has or can use, and instead turns them into a 1DR shield.
  • Can target opponent's permanents
  • Sundial will not be destroyed at the end of the turn
  • Weapons do not deal damage, nor can they use abilities. They do, however, stay in the weapon slot
  • Does not stack with itself, or shields
This can be used to allow more situational permanents to be used in a deck, since they will be able to be converted into a 1dr shield.
I could probably up the cost to something like 6, but I am incredibly weary of the cost as is. Easiest to compare to Hope. This card is much slower, so a cost reduction is in order. However it can be used as soft PC (or hard PC if you're running a stall and don't care about damage).

Spoiler for War Bonus:
Didn't join last war

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:

Grand total of 0 times
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:27:07 am by dawn to dusk »

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64319.msg1262254#msg1262254
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:36:56 pm »
Of course I will be defending. I still need that Grandmaster title.

All you need to do is to look at my awards to the left.

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 2:
The Fresh Recruits

Balance and use:
This card can be used in all decks to get a smother quanta balance. It's especially useful in Rainbow decks where :chroma can troll you pretty good. It's also a perfect splash card in stall decks. It's perfect with miracle, SS, fire bolt, drain life, fractal, ice bolt and more. It also makes both trios and quadtropels more viable and increase your decks versatility.
Although it's fairly versatile it's not overpowered. It's quite situational and can reduce the speed of your deck. In combo decks another card always increase uncertainty and increases chances of rng which could be a problem with this card. One benefit is the card cost 0 which increases the chance of getting it at start. All in all it's balanced I think.
This is a example deck:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
http://dek.im/d/zI58o58pz5594z5595z159cz55f4z26rpz177cz27dn8po

Balance and use:
So while "Transform" is fairly versatile this card isn't. That is compensated by it's high stats. This ability would however be a lot more useful on a cheaper creature with a cost of 3-4. In most cases the alchemy card will be more useful and stable than this nymph. Therefore I think it's slightly underpowered.

Losing our current alchemy and nymph in war:
BB is a soft and cheap CC card that is a great splash in many decks. It's also nice to have on your own creature with GP and vs anti matter.
Auburn is the strongest CC nymph in the game. It can alone stop 6 different attackers at the same time. The most effective way to use this card really variates due to it's big versatility.  It can both be used in stall decks, CC destructive decks and as a stallbraker.  I'd also like to add this deck that I made in war7# and has become one of earths top3 war decks:
Spoiler for Hidden:
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58q 58v 58v 58v 595 595 595 595 595 59c 59c 59c 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 77a 77a 77a 8pl
Losing BB and Auburn would mean losing one of our best decks. It would also mean no in element CC which is very valuable in a 50% in element deck building meta. It would also be a big setback for our stall decks. Losing these 2 cards would be devastating.

Gaining "Transform" in war:
War with shards has made some of our stalls really good. This card would make SBLAD slightly better. But mainly improve our fire stall by a lot. It's very interesting with fractal decks and would surely be a neath addition to speed them up. Later rounds it would balance up the iffy trios that you're forced to play as you run out of good options. It's also a nice splash in rainbow decks and would surely be able to increase the speed slightly. All in all these 2 cards would be a nice addition in war and especially for our stalls. It wouldn't make :earth  :aether op though.

Spoiler for Task 3:
The Cultured Contender

Tales of the Baron:

Trials 7#

There once was a pall who had a dream, it was a dream of "becoming something" in the World of elements. On his path he faced many players, both friends and foes. He won his first tourney and made it to 3# in his first BL. He fought hard in war for the :light banner but took horrible losses. However the time had come to face the gates of the immortal masters, the gods of every existing element.
On the way to the gates he fought powerful enemies but he managed to stand up and his friends who knew his abilities helped him to open the gate. Baron Blacksmith now entered the gates and could feel the power pulsating in the walls, he was close to achieve his goal but 1 man stood in between him and his goal, Lord Paper.  The fight were close but in the end baron managed to claim another victory and sit on the throne of his dreams.

Trials 10#

After wandering in the wild, fighting wars on both :earth and :light sides I returned to the lands that belonged to me. When I entered my halls I saw that another Lord was sitting on my throne. Once again I had to prepare for a great fight and spent hours predicting his every move. Once again I had my friends suport me along the way, motivating me to work harder.
The battle didn't start out the way I had hoped, the stalls were failing. I reversed my tactic and went all on rush and managed to defeat my opponent. And once again I sit on my throne of glory as a master of :earth. Now it's time for WAR

Trials 11#
Years pass by and in the world of elements that means a never ending stream of change in the power balance between the 12 thrones. The Lords on the thrones gets pushed aside by new ones and have to fight for their position in war. The :earth Lord Blacksmith has a clear goal, to take the Grandmaster title.
With his forces he went to WAR. They fought hard and beat enemy after enemy. Even when 4 other Generals teamed up to to finally stop team :earth they didn't give up, instead they beat all of them. When other Lords were beaten :earth stayed strong. When the weak enemies fell one by one :earth struggled to push back the armies of the strongest ones. At last even :earth journey had to come to an end. They were no longer able to compete with the final 3 and was beaten. But Lord Blacks burning fire to become a Grandmaster wasn't weaken but strengthen. After the last war he gained all the experience needed to claim the title. But first he will once again have to fight for his throne before he can gather his troops and march to war 11#.

Spoiler for War Bonus:

Just look at my awards

Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64319.msg1262318#msg1262318
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »
Icon from being previous master

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
Task 1 – I have chosen The Warrior

Spoiler for Task 2:
-Write a Story
-Task 2 – Silence fell in the Great Hall. It didn’t fall in the way silences naturally fall, where individual conversations slowly peter out. It fell suddenly, as an overly-ambitious aethermage had cast the spell.  It would almost have been insulting to the great mages gathered, except it was necessary, and they knew it. The squabbles and conflicts had finally gone too far, and Miracle and Paradox had been on the brink of literally going for each other’s throats.  Even still, as the artificial silence came to an end, tension remained thick in the air.  At last, Akebono spoke, “We must find a way to resolve these matters. If we continue to fight as we have, nothing will be left of our world.” Decay let out a hiss of disapproval so thick and venomous it almost glowed green in the evening air. “You’re afraid, little gravity boy,” he said, “You seek peace because if you don’t, you will be the one whose world ceases to exist.” With the sound of that threat and taunt still ringing in their ears, the room’s blood collectively began to boil.  Before things could escalate again, Lionheart raised an imperious hand.  “Enough. The gravity mage is right.”  Although the others hated to admit it, they realized as cooler heads started to prevail that a fight between the gods themselves would risk leaving their world uninhabitable.
   “How then, wise one, would you have us resolve our disputes?” Hecate inquired, voice dripping with sarcasm. “These poisonous fools blight my lands, and I am left without any means to protect my honor.” Lionheart pondered for a moment, then said, “Each element must choose its best to represent it. They will contest each other as champions and let the greatest among them preside as Grandmaster.” Concern flickering across her brow, Hecate replied, “But how shall each element choose its best mages? We gods share elements with each other. I can’t possibly be expected to share a champion with Phoenix over there.” Hecate made an ugly grimace in the direction of Eternal Phoenix. Phoenix looked back at her, and said, “While we share our love of fire, there is much different about us. Yet, we could learn to share a champion and both glory in the rise of our shared strength.” “Never!” Hecate screamed, “I will floss my teeth with your jugular, you pitiable crumb!” “SILENCE!” a booming echo rang through the hall, separating the gods who had moved within fingers’ length of each other’s faces. “Although our elements may share our champions, by belonging to the many elements, we have room to maneuver against each other despite our shared glories and successes. The system is best and fairest way,” Lionheart declared.  Although not all were satisfied, a Trial was established to choose a Master for each element, and those Masters to fight a great War. As time passes, and as conflicts swell and fade, the system of champions has remained, and prevented the great catastrophic wars of eras past.

Spoiler for Task 3:
Task 3 – The Determined
The simplest rulesets are often the best. Earth’s classic strength is its ability to use CC-resistant creatures as well as its power in using graboids and immofodder as the base for multielemental decks.  As a result, a ruleset with only two rules tends to counter both of Earth’s stereotypical strengths.
Rule 1: Creatures with 5+ HP are banned.
Rule 2: Decks may contain cards from no more than 3 elements.
A Shriekerquake build will be the strongest Earth-based deck in the format, as opposing decks are likely to be pendulum heavy and susceptible to quantum denial.  Additionally, graboids remain an efficient beater in this format.  Other decks that I would expect to be strong would include a monodeath SoSac build, which wouldn’t require any large creatures to be successful, a 3-element immorush featuring lava golems or phoenixes, which could compete despite not using the full range of generated quanta.  There is probably plenty of room for a firestall deck in this format, as rage potion has the ability to kill every legal creature in the format.
Shriekerquake is disadvantaged against each of these decks, but has outs to win if it can establish a quanta-denial in the early game. Against firestall in particular, sanctuaries can outheal the damage of unevolved graboids, preventing the classic evolution-burst line that a graboid-containing deck can play to.
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58v 590 590 590 590 590 590 591 591 591 591 593 593 593 593 593 593 8ps

Spoiler for War Bonus:
Played in the previous War!
-this thread)

Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64319.msg1262319#msg1262319
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
If I am mistaken and I only was supposed to complete two tasks rather than three, I will drop the Warrior task.
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

anything
blarg: dawn to dusk,Blacksmith