Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Earth?

theelkspeaks
23 (54.8%)
None Worthy
5 (11.9%)
Blacksmith
14 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 01:11:25 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234367#msg1234367
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:11:25 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:13:52 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234433#msg1234433
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »
Spoiler for Jenkar:
@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)

I'm pretty satisfied with my Phase 1 tasks.  The tournament idea probably could have been a little more creative, but some of the best tournaments are some of the simplest tournaments.  I primarily chose my tasks based on setting up the elements I wanted in my pool for Phase 2, but I may have telegraphed what decks I was looking to play a little too much.

Match with Root - I honestly can't complain too much about the direction this match went.  I got the lead in the first game of the match with a fast paced deck, and tried to slow the match down after that to make use of Earth's strong defense.  Root is an excellent player who knows me well, and he saw right through my plan.  I got honestly outplayed in deck selection for the remainder of the match.  I could have included BB in my build of SBLAD, which would have prepared me better against Lava Golems, but I was more worried about deflag and Phoenixes, so I built accordingly.  Sometimes, no matter how well you play, you just get outplayed and have to shake your opponent's hand and say well done.

Match with iancu - I got my butt kicked pretty severely in this match.  I tried to focus on controlling the game, thinking that he would find ways to use Nova to create fast decks even without the benefit of the :underworld in his pool, but it didn't work out for me at all.  I probably misread his pool and should have realized that his pool forced him to go on the defensive, and built more attacking decks that could overwhelm him.  Additionally, I completely forgot about his ability to play the Neurostall deck, which destroyed a deck I thought had a favorable matchup against most of his pool; this was a bad mistake that I need to fix when figuring out options someone has.  Overlooking a card or combo can absolutely get you destroyed, and here it did.

Manuel withdrew from trials, and d2d and I had scheduling issues, so I can't comment on the other two matches that I didn't get to actually play.
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234458#msg1234458
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »
This was an easy vote. xD Go go elk!
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234462#msg1234462
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »
MoEa applicants... uh... applicant...: Go for a walk, find a really really nice patch of dirt, take a photo of it and tell us about how that dirt made you feel.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:13:57 pm by CleanOnion »

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234533#msg1234533
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:39:07 am »
If you had a voice in the matter, who would you pick to be your STANDIN opponent?

Would you approve of the title of "Master of Dirt" being granted to the loser of the final battle?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234584#msg1234584
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 06:12:52 pm »
Blacksmith has been added.
He replaces Manuel.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234609#msg1234609
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »
Why on earth would you become a good master of earth ? again at least in my opinion?

I know earth, I like earth and I always perform well when I play with earth. Earth is the element I know the best and my biggest pvp achievements has been when I've played with earth.

As a master I'd be looking forward to lead earth in war again. First time I lead earth we came  5# which is the second best result for earth of all times. This next war I'm even more experienced and even more eager to make earth the top forum label.

I've played this game since 2010 and been a part of the forum since 2012. During that time I have never been away from the forums and intend it to stay that way for a long time.

If I win I will also post a picture of myself in the picture thread.

• Afdarenty:
    • For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?
      Spoiler for answer:
      I think I did okay as master of earth. I'm still a bit sad we were kicked out of war when we were that close of going into top 4, but thats a part of the game. To be honest I wouldn't change a lot if I became a master again except for a better war result
    • If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
      Spoiler for answer:
      Yes Sir
    • If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
      Spoiler for answer:
      Brawl is a relatively new event for me and I've never really gotten into it. I feel like someone else could lead earth better in brawl and must pass on this one.
    • If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.
      Spoiler for answer:
      Realistic? Hm. Well my primary goal would be to reach top 3 in war, which only happened once before war 1#. If I'll manage to do that I'd be very happy with my mastership
  • Cleanonion: What's your favourite idea?
    Spoiler for answer:
    My favorite idea, is the idea of dirt. Dirt is good to build houses with and to grew food in. And who dosen't like houses and food?
    And to quote a MTG card. "Food grows in dirt. Save time eat dirt"
  • Submachine: How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
    Spoiler for answer:
    So you want me to represent myself and describe my looks in a way I get recognized. And the forum is a comic without any words?
    I'd most likely try to use my vague skill to make stick mans, and try my best to make it look human. Anything better than that would be a miracle. 
  • Submachine: How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.
    Spoiler for answer:
    I would most likely present it's essence with a holy cow combined with stone skin. Can you think of anything more earth like?
  • Aves: If you had a voice in the matter, who would you pick to be your STANDIN opponent?
    Spoiler for answer:
    Who i would pick to be my standin. It's a tuff choice that gives 3 different answers.

• For earth's sake I'd choose Terroking. I've played with him in war and I know he's an expert at earth.
    • For forum's sake I'd choose Scaredgirl. Simply because I'd like to release her from Zanz basement and it was also be fun to meet the perhaps most mysterious person in forum history.
    • For pvp-even'ts sake I'd choose Tstar. He is by many seen as the best all round player of all times. I'd love to see him in action.
    [/color]
  • Aves: Would you approve of the title of "Master of Dirt" being granted to the loser of the final battle?
    Spoiler for answer:
    Like I mentioned before I like the idea of dirt and I find it far to important to let that title go second place. However master of antlions should be granted to second place.
  • Cleanonion: MoEa applicants... uh... applicant... Go for a walk, find a really really nice patch of dirt, take a photo of it and tell us about how that dirt made you feel.
    Spoiler for answer:
    You again.... I haven't had time to do this yet, but will try to do it soon.
  • Discord:
    • What is your favorite earth card?

Spoiler for answer:
      You're tear me a part with making me choose. Steel golem could surely be the one I like the most. It's one of the games very best vanilla cards and although there are cards that are more versatile in earth I like it's simplicity. It's also very satisfying when you geta few of this strong critter out early in game.
    • If you could change one thing about Earth, what would it be?
      Spoiler for answer:
      Earth is the most versatile element with very few weaknesses. The only cards I'd like to change is:

and possibly Soi because you don't use it in a earth deck. Soi is more like the shard of other imo. Plate armor is simply weak and is overshadowed by basilisk blood. It would be much more useful if it was a permanent or if it gave an ability instead. Like target gain Plate armor ( Plate armor: gain 0+3 every turn  / or / Plate armor: Restore 2 health every turn ).
      Antlion is not to weak but it's overshadowed by golems and graboids. A easy buff like earthlions gain vampire ability when burrowed wouldn't make it op but still make it a lot more useful.
    • Which element to you think Earth works best against?
      Spoiler for answer:
        :life is unfortunately the element earth does best again. The shield blocks their vanilla critters and our stall beats their stall. Our rush is as fast as theirs and our grabbow can't be compared to theirs. Life is simply easy to deal with for earth.
    • Which element do you think Earth works best with?

Spoiler for answer:
      Like i mentioned earlier earth is the most versatile element and got many good combos with  :entropy :gravity :fire :water :light :time :aether. The best one in my opinion is  :entropy simply due grabbow. If you mean best duo element I'd say earth and light since Sblad is super strong.
  • dark ripper:
    • For everyone: Is the element you are trialing for your favourite element? if its not then which is and why didnt you trial for it? If it is then which is your 2nd favourite and would consider trialing for it next time if you dont win these trials?
      Spoiler for answer:
      Yes earth is my favorite element simply cause it's the most versatile and really offers you lots of different options and variation.
    • For everyone: Do you value higher the general of an element in war or the element itself? (for example your favourite element is  :underworld but STANDIN became the master of  :rainbow would you want to join the great master STANDIN or your favourite element no matter what general it has?)
      Spoiler for answer:
      The general is more important than the element imo. A weak team can make even a strong element go bad and a strong team can make even a weak element to do well. And it's the general who knows which players to choose, encourage the team to work together which results in a solid strong team. This has been proven several times in war history. The most famous example would be when Majofa came third in war with  :light
    • For everyone: On the other side of the coin. As a general yourself, would you value higher more active players that may not hold your element as their favourite or players that have your element as their favourite but arent so active-or there are other problems-?
      Spoiler for answer:
      I try to build my team with different types of players. For instance last war I choosed Afdarenty, dani and Omega to get good versatile players, then i choosed Terroking to get a good in element player. So a team does need all types of players both for deck building and prediction. Normally I'd say that a team only needs 2 people that knows the element really well ( one will be the master the other can be half active ) and the rest being good allround players.
    • Challengers Only: assuming you make it to the finals. How would you react if the master didnt draft you in the coming war?(considering you want to be in the same team)
      Spoiler for answer:
      War auction/draft dosen't always go the way the generals want. That has happened to me 3 times in war. I'm not mad at the generals for it ending up that way but it's a part of how the war works. If the general didn't want me on the team it would really depend on the situation how I would react and who the general was. 
    • Last question for everyone: Why do you want to win trials? Why do you want to be a master?
      Spoiler for answer:
      I liked representing my element and being master of earth and I look forward to become it again someday. One of my strongest motivations is also to be a general in war for earth. I'm sure I will be able to do a better job than last time after all the experience as a player I have. I have also learnt a lot from previous generals I've played under, especially Zso which was a fantastic general! answer
  • Higurashi: How has your favorite element affected your life?
    Spoiler for answer:
    That is a huge question that you could spend a life time to answer, or in a single sentence. Earth is basically the reason behind my life and plays a part in every way my senses experience life. If you want me to be more specifik you have to specify in what area, because otherwise I'd still be answering your question by the time of trials 100#
  • Aves: If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?
    Spoiler for answer:
    A tricky question. A question after thinking for a while I don't know how to answer. When it comes to minions/ people on forum I could name plenty and I don't know how they are related to my mastership. When it comes to cards in games and decks I don't know until after the final battle what I'd like the most. I simply can't think of a favorite minion that is related to my mastership at this point.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:58:08 am by Blacksmith »
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1234610#msg1234610
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »
Urf trialists!
  • What is your favourite earth card?
  • If you could change one thing about Earth, what would it be?
  • Which element do you think Earth works best with?
  • Which element to you think Earth works best against?
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62073.msg1236376#msg1236376
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:22 am »
So we're finally about to play the final in

It's 19:00 gmt ^

Tros approved a minor extension due to banning thingy.

Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

blarg: Afdarenty:,Cleanonion:,Submachine:,Aves:,Discord:,dark ripper:,Higurashi: