ji412jo
13 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:28:12 pm

*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012779#msg1012779
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »
No offence JI but could you collect all your answers into one easy to read post? :D

To all:
Alfatoxin and grey nymph in my opinion have some flaws, other nymphs are almost a deck in a card, and allow you to add to the nymph rather than requiring the deck to be built around the nymph, express your thoughts on the subject, and or try to change my mind.  Any demonstrations with decks would be appreciated.

Hmm, seen that way you might be right. The reason why i always answered after was for people to see i actually answered, and not to look back to the first post every time.

And about grey nymph, its CC on a stick, with skullshield ot block the malignant cells. Can be included in many death decks.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1013070#msg1013070
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »
Spoiler for furball:
That's what makes death so great, it does both in such a great fashion it doesn't need to choose. Hell, even poison dials has a feeling of a rush in itself so death is a fast to kill element, but that doesn't mean it's a supa rush element or a huge stall element either.Bonewall and skull shield serve different purposes in decks, you can't say one is better than the other. Skull shield goes well against decks like RoL/Hope or say a mono fire because of the low HP attackers, however bonewall does great in stall decks or against decks with few creatures and quick to die creatures in order to make it stronger.
For your decks, I decided to use both of them into one deck:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 714 714 714 714 714 719 719 719 719 719 719 74f 74f 74f 77j 77j 77j 7ap 7ap 7do 7do 7gp 7gp 7k2 7k2 7k2 7n5 7n5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 7t9 7t9 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80h 80h 8pu
Dem 60 card stalls man, op as shit. Play condor, mitosis, quint get dem condors and keep killing to grow and grow and grow!

Spoiler for nensuru:
Bonewall is strong in it's own certain way, then again so is dim shield, so is gravity shield as well as dissapation shield. Should we nerf a single shield because it does great vs certain things? I don't believe so, now sometimes bonewall can be op, but so can a lot of things :O. You could argue a lot of monos are just as strong as death if not stronger, in an unupped environment I believe that death,earth, aether, and even life are all on fair playing fields as far as being strong without the use of a rare, in which case entropy pulls into this category with discord. However, in an upped environment all elements are on even playing fields as far as rushes go, stalls can be edged towards some elements more than others. All-in-all though, all elements can be strong, no one element pulls ahead of any other element.

Spoiler for Acsabi44:
If you make it a war environment it's extremely hard to tell what's hard to handle and what's not based on the fact that the vaults make the game so hard. If I were to choose a single element to give death the most trouble in a war senario would have to be either water or entropy, water because of the heavy stall power and entropy because of discord and maxwells demon since death has such high attack creatures and low hps. On second thought gravity would seem to be a problem as well, but not as difficult.

Spoiler for Rutarete:
pizza
Fish bones would be an oddity as we have good water/death synergy I don't see a reason to add more. But maybe a creature for 3 :death 0/4 ability is 2 :life Fish bones grants adrenaline to the closet life creature on the field.
Monkey would probably be an entropy synergy imo, 6 :death creature 2/5 ability 1 :entropy Skeleton monkey casts one random effect on the targetted creature.
Deaths skeletons are just plain and simply an easy creature of 1/1, I believe we don't have too many skeletons. I'd probably add a grim reaper to the game the specifics I'm unaware of at the moment, although death needs a grim reaper.

Spoiler for summerz88:
Nymphs serve different purposes depending on the element it's in, entropy has obviously the stall and heal. Air goes well with it's own UG decks, gravy nymph turns rainbows into gravy suckin them dry of quantum, time speeds up the deck by an insane amount, earth just gives BB and death gives a huge stall power in almost any rage quit deck. Mr Sexingtons rage quit deck shows it can be used effectively, the death nymph isn't meant for a mono it's meant for say a 500 HP EM deck or a Rage quit PvP deck. The stall it brings is insane weather it be the nymph or the card aflaxation itself.

Spoiler for Oldtrees:
How to define death as an element, well I have no idea where to start in all honesty. Death is great all around element, with the ability to stall, rush well do whatever it wants to do. As far as cards go, it's probably one of the most complete elements in all of EtG, fire is another element that is fairly complete as well. It can't be used to an extent in which is can be considered op or to no extent in which it's UP. It's just solid at what it does and how it does it.

Spoiler for duece22:

Spoiler for Bogtro:
1a. Personally, I think death and earth have little synergy as far as making a great deck out of the two elements go. Everything in earth has an ability that isn't in death and personally what does death have to gain from using earth instead of other elements, graboids require a trio, shriekers are too high and come out too late to be effective if death is the main element. Sure earth has a good shield, but that's about all it has to other death since nothing can buff deathstalkers. Nothing helps speed poison up along its way, PA helps in some way for amazing protected arsenics, but that only gets you so far, I just believe earth has better synergies with other elements than in death.

1b. Deck:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52q 52q 52t 52t 52t 52t 52t 52t 542 542 542 542 592 592 595 595 595 595 596 596 596 596 596 8pm

:D

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:54:01 pm by thatnewguy »
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1013304#msg1013304
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:17 pm »
Congrats smelly cat, i voted for you too :D

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1013337#msg1013337
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:06 pm »
Thank you.

I look forward to fighting you, Jijo!

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1013350#msg1013350
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »
I would like to thank everyone who voted for me, even though I feel like TNG deserved his chance more than I did. GG TNG, better luck next time.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

blarg: