ji412jo
13 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:28:12 pm

*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011706#msg1011706
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 12:03:40 am »
To all candidates: Create and effective yet original  :life/ :death duo.

I went more into original than effective, but here goes ( not tweaked or QI checked )
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52l 52l 52l 52m 52m 52m 534 534 534 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c7 5c7 5c7 8pn

Basically, use afla on your own skellies to heal a bunch with bond, afla on your enemy and block all with skul, and adrenadeathnymphs for damage
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011715#msg1011715
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 12:38:52 am »
What do you think is the strongest point about death cards besides the fact they can put many poison counters on opponents?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:53:20 am by mrpaper »

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011724#msg1011724
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:51 am »
I suppose I should probably introduce myself among these new forums.

Spoiler for lil' ol' me:
Well I started playing this game quite a while ago, how long ago I don't remember honestly. Back when Sg's 40 card rainbow deck was the deck to farm with. I left for quite a while because the last war I participated in absolutely killed me in terms of wanting to play this game. It was war 4 if you want to read more about what happened you can go research the gravity section of war 4 O.o Not a pretty sight tbh. But I used to be a deck tester for Jmdt after he adopted will <3, I also used to be a league organizer way back in the day before the 24 hour rule :o. I've ran for master of death on three different occasions this being the third, I made it the finals only once and that single time I managed to beat blonde. I didn't become master because I violated the 50% rule, so I'm back a third time to see how I can do. I absolutely love to use poison in almost every deck I'm also a creator of the unusual decks that most don't like to try because they are hard to balance.

Why should I be master over others?
Well I was never good at praising myself over others, and well honestly I ain't gonna get any better now. I'm a lot more active that what I used to be, I'm looking to be part of the council this time around in order to improve the forums to an even greater extent while trying to manage college and a full time job. Shantu is a great PvPer and has the personality of a god, he's very generous and friendly person in general. Ji is the same way, he has his anger moments, but he's a great person. Both of them deserve to be a master, but then again I'm not so bad of a person either. We all deserve master position, it's just who gets ahead of who. Anyway, I plan to be a devoted master and here for all of war through thick and thin, I will represent my element with all the pride in my body.

My posts for future questions shall be ahead in this thread except the next questions I plan to answer here O.o

Spoiler for Laxadarp:
SoSocs isn't Op and UP by any means, but yes, it is very strong. But snovas before the nerf was strong as well, but not entirely game breaking by any means. Neither is Shard of Sacrifice, every card has it's own counter.

710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 7ap 7ap 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7t9 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 8pt

I would solve the problem of the immortal like I solve everything else, with poison overload :) Mito stalkers with eclipse, but shields are annoying so I like to use steals too :) Of course you could do the same thing with unstoppables and adrenaline, but that's been done quite a time or two I believe.

Spoiler for Rutarete:
Honestly, I would have to say either retrovirus or aflaxation, both have such a strong meaning to death. Retrovirus can be thought of thing like the mass deaths throughout the ages like the black plague. But like the poison arsenic, you can use aflaxation to poison your opponent and kill them relatively quickly. I would have to chose retrovirus though.

Spoiler for Absol:
I would have to say deathstalker is probably the most balanced scorpion out of the three. In the mono enviroment it has no buffs to render it dangerous, but yet when it does get a buff (like say Chaos power) it only deals 2 bonus poison. When combined with deadly poison and arsenic, however, it becomes much more deadly than a forest scorpion per say. Although, dune scorpion is considered the strongest scorpion by how nuerotoxin affects the player. Scorpion, I think, is considered weak due to its damage output and it has no way to make the poison stronger than what it is. Why would you use a slow affecting poison of a scorpion of the rushing power of a frog or cockatrice unless you expect a long game? That being said a deck to farm silver (atleast) with would be as following:
710 710 710 710 710 71a 71a 71a 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7jt 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k5 7k5 7k5 7k6 7k6 7n2 7n2 8pq

Spoiler for ARTHANASIOS:
I present you with this strange stallish deck! :O
710 710 710 710 71a 71a 71b 71b 71b 71b 72i 72i 72i 72i 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ai 7ai 7ai 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 8pp

Like I said, I've been away for a while so I don't know how new or original this idea is. I hope it satifies the customer though :)

Spoiler for mrpaper:
The fact that death can do just about anything you want, with the strong duos it has it can do anything and everything. The ability to quickly switch between a strong rush and an even stronger stall just makes you unpredictable which is probably the best thing you could ever be in a fight or hence war for this matter. The synergy death has with all other eleven elements is just too strong, stronger than poison though? Hellzzz na ;)
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011746#msg1011746
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:53 am »
What is death's role? Fast rusher? Big staller?

Vultures are flying bags of fluff. Make a deck with 5 of them and it can not be an OTK.

Plague! Make a deck with at least 5 plagues. It's an UU card that should see more usage.

Bonewall or Bone Shield? Which is better? Why?

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011768#msg1011768
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 02:38:57 am »
What do yo uthink is the strongest point about death cards besides the fact they can put many poison counters on opponents?

The strongest point about death cards is that you can use them for your needs. You can rush, you can stall, you can stall with rush cards ( recluses' web with wings ) etc
What is death's role? Fast rusher? Big staller?

Vultures are flying bags of fluff. Make a deck with 5 of them and it can not be an OTK.

Plague! Make a deck with at least 5 plagues. It's an UU card that should see more usage.

Bonewall or Bone Shield? Which is better? Why?

Death's role is not is not to be a fast rusher or to be a big staller, its both at the same time.

Bone wall and bone shield. one is not better than the other, they just serve in different occasions. say with aflatoxin, skull shield is better, but in a deck like pandeboiu or bonebolt, or any deck with CC, yuo might prefer bonewall.

The reason why i don't really use plague is that I use retroviruses more. Idk if you can count them as plague or not, but i do. as for vultures, i posted a deck with both of them ( retro and vulture ) earlier, but you can always make another deck looking like this
52k 52k 52k 52k 52k 52l 52l 52l 534 534 534 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5oh 5oh 5oh 5ol 5ol 5ol 5on 5on 5on 8pr

where you kill ALL of the enemies to buff your vultures.

Offline nensuru

• Reputation Power: 5
  • nensuru is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Today is a great day to be alive!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011791#msg1011791
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:54:39 am »
Bonewall needs a nerf? How would you change this card?

Is death the best mono in etg at the moment?

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1011840#msg1011840
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 02:02:11 pm »
Bonewall needs a nerf? How would you change this card?

Is death the best mono in etg at the moment?

I don't believe it needs a nerf, and i wouldn't change it.

And no it is not the best mono. All mono's have strenghts and weaknesses, nothing is better than the other.

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012035#msg1012035
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 09:19:57 am »
Same question for evey candidate:

What deck archetype do you see as the biggest "problem deck" for death in war?
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012199#msg1012199
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:44 am »
All questions have been answered so far.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012236#msg1012236
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 02:47:03 pm »
Must ask more questions!

Pie or pizza?
How would you make a card idea about fish bones? Would it benefit death?
Skelly monkey?
Currently all the skeletons except bone dragon are all the same. What new creature card would you make that is a new skeleton? Does death have too many skellies now?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012264#msg1012264
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »
Must ask more questions!

Pie or pizza?
How would you make a card idea about fish bones? Would it benefit death?
Skelly monkey?
Currently all the skeletons except bone dragon are all the same. What new creature card would you make that is a new skeleton? Does death have too many skellies now?

Pi is the best answer. Pi as in 3.1415926535

Death card : 0/3. For 2 water quanta, the fish comes back to life for 3 turns ( 2/4 stats ). If eaten while in dead form by an otyugh or scarab, they die.

Skelly monkey hmm. 0/4 life creature. Does each attack a skeleton has done this turn ( exemple you play 3 skellies, then a monkey, the monkey attacks by 1 three times. if you play 3 skellies, monkey, then 2 skellies then monkey, the first monkey attacks 3 times and the 2nd one 5. )

What new creature cards i would make that would be a new skeleton? what about that skelly monkey? :silly:

Offline summerz88

• Reputation Power: 3
  • summerz88 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44394.msg1012712#msg1012712
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 03:40:46 pm »
No offence JI but could you collect all your answers into one easy to read post? :D

To all:
Alfatoxin and grey nymph in my opinion have some flaws, other nymphs are almost a deck in a card, and allow you to add to the nymph rather than requiring the deck to be built around the nymph, express your thoughts on the subject, and or try to change my mind.  Any demonstrations with decks would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:11:00 pm by summerz88 »

blarg: