*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254165#msg254165
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254176#msg254176
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:52 pm »
Bring on the questions.

Well, don't let my name fool you I've been around for some time now, since the launch of 1.25 tbh. I'm an extremely active member of this community, I may not post everyday, but I am around these forums/chat/game usually everyday.I absolutely love helping people create decks of any sort, it has to be the most interesting thing about this game. I also am a LO (league organizer), which basically means that me and the other 3 organizers handle the the beginners league along with the champions league. Well, enough about me time to talk about the element.

Experience
Well, my only pvp experience is from several events and tournies I have been in, noted I haven't won, but I have learned quite a lot. Now, I know I wasn't in war, but that doesn't mean I didn't follow it with intensity hoping that death would come out ontop. I have learned much about this element in my time being with it, I believe I have what it takes to be a master now. Blonde defenitly has experience, but I intend to show my experience by giving him a fight to remember! Now why on earth should I be a master of blonde when he is clearly better yadyada...... I say that all challengers are equal, he may have experience over me, he may have seniority, but I shall be a fresh mind, I shall have a new look into the game. My perspective may be completely different than his, so I shall have a new take on the standards of war, a new take on death, then I will make this element feared if I become master.

The battle/vote
Now, I may already have a spot in the final battle, I might not, but if I am the more cards I can use the better. So, I don't want you to vote based upon popularity/seniority/who is your friend, I want you to vote for the best representative of this element, the person that YOU think shall lead this team to victory in war!

SS of cards for majofa:

Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

7wavemaster

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254180#msg254180
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »
Bring on the questions. Speech will come later on. :)
Do you like pie?

On a serious note:Do you think you'l be a better master then Mr Blonde?
Do you think that your better then the other contesitants?
What qualities do you think are best in a master?

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254185#msg254185
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »
@the challengers: What makes you think you'll be better than a tried and true master?

@MrBlonde: Is there anything specific that you've done, that you would like to use as "proof" for why you should stay master?

Offline thatnewguy

• thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254214#msg254214
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »
It honestly depends on the type of pie :P

@7wavemaster: As for being a better master than blonde, he has done great for this element for the past 2 times he's been master. I've learned quite a bit and researched into what he has done. I respect that highly, but I do believe I can do better. I know I can serve this community just as well, if not better, than he has. So yes, I think I could be a better master than blonde.

As for blonde and Drunk, I respect them both and know both of them have their own outstanding qualities. I don't believe any one of us is "better" than the other and we all can serve this element with compassion. So no, I am not better than Drunk nor blonde.

As for a master qualities well, you need leadership as a start. You need to be able to help others learn and be friendly, but also be able to have a stern control. If someone is friendly, but never stern, they will be walked all over by people. They also need to be able to accept defeat, but still give the opponent respect. If you can't respect the person you lost to, then they can't respect you when you win.

@korugar: As I told wave, I see that he is a great master and he has been for 2 terms :P, but if I didn't think I could do better than him I wouldn't be here in trials. I do think I can help this community more in terms of what to do, where to guide people, seeing that new players get where they need to go. I will contribute in chat, be friendly to all who come into this community and I will serve death with an undying passion (no pun intended). So as far as being helpful, I can be better than him, when it comes to showing my element with pride, respect and proving myself, I will do better than any master has ever done before with :death.

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254292#msg254292
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:08:29 pm »
@MrBlonde: Is there anything specific that you've done, that you would like to use as "proof" for why you should stay master?
I can't really say i've done anything specific or have anything done anything in particular to make me stand out as Master. With that said i think that over the two terms of being Master of Death i have earned the reputation of being a trustworthy, friendly, semi-skillful and honorable player. I have the respect of the other Masters and the players i have led in the last 2 Wars (at least i think so) and have led my team to fairly good results in the process. I do my best to be helpful with farms and requests and get along with most everybody. I've also been around for quite a while and beyond a 2 week mini break from posting i have been faithful in my dedication to my element and Elements as a whole.

Also i won't be making any grand speech or anything since you all pretty much know what i stand for. I will answer any specific questions though so feel free to ask. And i like Pie btw.

Anyhow i want to wish TNG and DD good luck and hope to have great battles in the Final round.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254301#msg254301
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:17 pm »
I can't really say i've done anything specific or have anything done anything in particular to make me stand out as Master. With that said i think that over the two terms of being Master of Death i have earned the reputation of being a trustworthy, friendly, semi-skillful and honorable player. I have the respect of the other Masters and the players i have led in the last 2 Wars (at least i think so) and have led my team to fairly good results in the process. I do my best to be helpful with farms and requests and get along with most everybody. I've also been around for quite a while and beyond a 2 week mini break from posting i have been faithful in my dedication to my element and Elements as a whole.

Anyhow i want to wish TNG and DD good luck and hope to have great battles in the Final round.
You just got my vote :)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254313#msg254313
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 05:28:14 pm »
What does the Element Death symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
What types of cards does Death need in game to finish covering the Element Death?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254315#msg254315
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 05:29:24 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Death symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254335#msg254335
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »
The element Death IMO is very much like water as that it may seem weak but in the end it cannot be denied. It may creep up on you slowly or it can finish you off quickly.

What types of cards does Death need in game to finish covering the Element Death?
Good question. To make it a complete element i think some minor healing wouldn't hurt. Perhaps a comparable card like light has in holy flash to give us a somewhat even playing ground vs them. Perhaps a vampire/drain life type card that only affects light creatures that poisons them for 2/3 counters and gives back 2x life. Also a better way to synergize Death Stalkers and Soul Catcher.

I will just continue to do what i do. My vision is to have Death continue to grow in popularity and hopefully find a way to bring Death to the complete forefront and win War III.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254354#msg254354
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »
Many people see Death as the most evil element. How could you prove them wrong?

Offline thatnewguy

• Lost in time...
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20044.msg254377#msg254377
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
Well, imo, death is an element that feeds off your weakness. To me, death symbolizes a cunning figure, we wait for our slow effects to wear you down and strike quick to end your pain me mercilessly. IMO, it symbolizes something beyond the normal affects of other elements, it shows that we are strong in most aspects you can throw us into a pit with nothing. Yet, we shall adapt and show that we are to be feared.

Death, imho, needs some kind of better creature control. I mean yes, we do have plague and retrovirus, but both of those take their affect in many turns. I would like something to better control the field, something not a bolt spell to where it gains strength by death quantum in stock atm, but a quick hitting spell like lightning. This would really give better synergy towards bonewall/graveyard/condor/soul catcher, while not drastically changing anything in other elements.

As a master for death I would proudly lead my team through war and try my hardest to give death a better name in this community (not that it isn't already great). My vision? It is to best blonde and become master, lead a great team through war, and improve everyones understanding of this element as it stands.

Many people see Death as the most evil element. How could you prove them wrong?
I would just tell them that death is not evil, it is merely taking the steps it needs to progress towards victory. We could point fingers and say darkness is the most evil element, but I shall not, since they are one of the best duos with death. I would ask them why they would think our element is so "evil" in there eyes, after listening I would let them know we aren't evil, but taken what other elements are thrown away and use them to our advantage. Ex: Fire shield kills an enemy while I have a condor and graveyard out, sure death benefits, yet we didn't do the killing. We sought the treasure.

anything
blarg: