*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134381#msg134381
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:04:07 pm »
Phase 2 - Community Vote
Phase 2 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134492#msg134492
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:18:34 pm »
Just to kick things off, I'm going to talk a bit about myself.  I discovered Elements almost a year ago, and have been a member of the old and then new forums since around last November.  In version numbers, thats before 1.14, for you younger folks. :P  Since then, while I haven't wracked up the post count of say, icybreaker or Glitch, I've been an active member of the community, commenting on new cards, talking about the game, and even adding in a few suggestions of my own.  I've also been working on a few larger projects, namely the Hypergeometric Probability Calculator thread and the Elements Creature Ratios spreadsheet.  I've already put in one term as Master of Death, so I understand the workload involved, especially with managing the individual card sections and occasional wiki maintenance.  I enjoy working with the community and hope to do so again as the Master of Death.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134507#msg134507
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:39:51 pm »
this is hard i like MR blonde but coinich is also awesome my vote goes to....

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134516#msg134516
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:50:19 pm »
MrBlonde did a great job at war, cause death is one of these "strong looking" elements, easy to predict (like the curse of aether), and he surprised many of us at war. Coinich is a very, very skilled player, too, also nice and he seems to be very active. i would love him, to see him in a master-position, but not death, as long mrblonde does this good job, he did in the past. (hard to measure before without the war)

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134518#msg134518
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »
this is hard i like MR blonde but coinich is also awesome my vote goes to....
However your voting goes it can't go wrong. Coinich was a great Master before i came along and would be a great Master again if he wins.  We both do different things for the community. Coinich has done more Wiki/updating work for the Community and i do my best to keep my t50 farms up and running. I am a dedicated player and during War i made sure that every deadline was met, a feat that only a few teams were able to keep, and will continue to do my best for the community regardless if i'm a Master.

Sheno i have no idea so i won't comment on him/her.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134530#msg134530
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:34:20 pm »
MrBlonde did a great job at war, cause death is one of these "strong looking" elements, easy to predict (like the curse of aether), and he surprised many of us at war. Coinich is a very, very skilled player, too, also nice and he seems to be very active. i would love him, to see him in a master-position, but not death, as long mrblonde does this good job, he did in the past. (hard to measure before without the war)
As tempting as it is, I'm not going to get on a rant about how versatile aether is today. This is the wrong place for it anyways ;)

Anyways, Coinich was the Master of Death before I was active here, and he does some great work on the wiki and also with mathematics. He's been here for a long time, and he has experience with the community, being very active.

On the other hand, MrBlonde overcame all the odds, and led his team to a good standing in the war. He also helps all the noobs by putting up lots of rare farms, and he's also very organized, as shown by getting minimal penalties in War.

As for Sheno, I don't know much about them, but they seem like the dark horse candidate. I think this will be one of the more interesting races, and it could be an intense final battle.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Malduk

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134643#msg134643
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »
I didnt even notice start of Trials up until few days ago, but let me write a word of support to both MrBlonde and Coinich. It was a pleasure working with both during the War. I believe community will be happy with whoever gets the title as both have experience and knowledge.
Good luck guys.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134724#msg134724
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 10:12:44 pm »
I have a pretty important question for you guys (last Trials, I couldn't really think of any because I wasn't quite as attached to Death), especially with the new patch coming out. Again - if you DON'T respond to this question, I may not vote for you. ;)

Q: The poison mechanic seems to be heavily buffed within the upcoming patch (see the scorpions, changes to Pufferfish, etc.). Do you believe that there should be more mechanics to counter poison aside from Purify? Or do you think that poison is okay as is in the current game environment?

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134901#msg134901
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 04:11:12 am »
I have a pretty important question for you guys (last Trials, I couldn't really think of any because I wasn't quite as attached to Death), especially with the new patch coming out. Again - if you DON'T respond to this question, I may not vote for you. ;)

Q: The poison mechanic seems to be heavily buffed within the upcoming patch (see the scorpions, changes to Pufferfish, etc.). Do you believe that there should be more mechanics to counter poison aside from Purify? Or do you think that poison is okay as is in the current game environment?
I actually do think there should be other counter's for poison other then Purify but only because upped Purify now is no longer colorless. Having to take :water quanta to counter damage that cannot be reversed is too limiting. This could be as simple as giving healing cards dual abilities. I wouldn't want them as powerful as Purify but perhaps Heal and Holy Flash could heal 2-5 poison counters. Perhaps even make certain Marks have poison resistance vs Poison (like :death  and :darkness takes 1/2 poison damage rounding up).

Having more counters for poison would also allow current and future cards using poison easier to balance. With the new patch i'm not so sure PvP will be affected that much by the additional poison but i'm all for expanding the game more in this area.

And i'm glad to see that you've become a fan of :death:D

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg134928#msg134928
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 04:50:39 am »
I actually do think there should be other counter's for poison other then Purify but only because upped Purify now is no longer colorless. Having to take :water quanta to counter damage that cannot be reversed is too limiting. This could be as simple as giving healing cards dual abilities. I wouldn't want them as powerful as Purify but perhaps Heal and Holy Flash could heal 2-5 poison counters. Perhaps even make certain Marks have poison resistance vs Poison (like :death  and :darkness takes 1/2 poison damage rounding up).

Having more counters for poison would also allow current and future cards using poison easier to balance. With the new patch i'm not so sure PvP will be affected that much by the additional poison but i'm all for expanding the game more in this area.

And i'm glad to see that you've become a fan of :death:D
An impressive answer. Thanks again for your response (I'll await for coinich's and sheno's before I vote though).

As for being a fan of Death, let's just say that I have mad respect for you for proving everyone wrong (like Light did) during the First war. ;)

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg135078#msg135078
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:18:37 pm »
Well, I'm going to ask those questions which I asked before, though Koru's questions sound more Awesome-ish than mine.

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Death sucks and they have weak creatures, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @MrBlonde, Suppose coinich wins this time, will you compete again in the next trials? If so, against Death or any other Element?

Q: @Coinich, Even though MrBlonde is ahead of you in points, do you think you can beat him this time?

Q: @Sheno, Well, you are against 2 great members of this community, who do you think of as a better challenger?

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10929.msg135129#msg135129
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 02:27:38 pm »

I honestly think poison is weak mechanic wise.  There is the unwritten rule that no single card can be an insta-kill card, yet for 1 quanta we can nullify the entire effort of a deck, with the damage often amounting up to multiple creatures and several cards' worth of effort.  That being said, I have no problems with more poison countering cards, and I do like the current healing counter mechanic thats with the new Purify.  I just don't like the insta-everything-clean effect.  At least not for that price.  Honestly, in comparison to Purify I think poison needs at least one Poison Lance type spell that is stronger (and costs more) than our current poison spells.

Well, I'm going to ask those questions which I asked before, though Koru's questions sound more Awesome-ish than mine.

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Death sucks and they have weak creatures, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @MrBlonde, Suppose coinich wins this time, will you compete again in the next trials? If so, against Death or any other Element?

Q: @Coinich, Even though MrBlonde is ahead of you in points, do you think you can beat him this time?

Q: @Sheno, Well, you are against 2 great members of this community, who do you think of as a better challenger?
Well, thats their choice if they think so.  Death's creatures aren't always the strongest, but each one has its purpose.

I CAN win.  I know that for sure.  What matters is how much I want and work for it.

blarg: