Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:26:14 pm

*Author

Offline OnizukaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082672#msg1082672
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:43 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082690#msg1082690
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:45:36 pm »
Spoiler for Jenkar's Request:
To Shrink : make a picture that shows you slaughtering both of the other challengers in a graveyard. Standard quality.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I kind of implied the slaughter instead.. heh..

Spoiler for Jenkar's Question:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

No, I don't think the player that should be master of this element is even competing. I don't know who that is, either.
If I were to name a player also trialing for Death, I would say rob, as I believe he has a strong sense of the element.

Song: Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse

There is a connection between Death and life [in this case, all of the other elements].
I believe it speaks to the transient nature of life, proving that even in Death, there is
a greater force left in its wake.

And in EtG, it's a force to be reckoned with.

Spoiler for ji412jo's Question:
( to all ) what is your favorite death card, and why?
Which element do you like to duo with the best as a death player?

Flesh Recluse; pure power.

I have found Aether to be my favorite duo element with Death. If you're ever in need of a little help,
Aether will give you that extra push you need to pull through for the win(!)

Spoiler for Pella's Questions:
To all Death candidates:
What ideas do you have to help Death win the next War?
Yes, I realize that some answers to that question must remain secret for now.  Please answer with "unclassified" answers to the best of your ability?

I have led many group projects designed around pinpointing weaknesses and strengths, specifically in
video games. This is my job.

As only having had participated in War #5, as support, I only feel comfortable saying the following:

I am confident in my ability to work a more creative approach to Death as an element, pushing
all I lead to want more than just a win. They will want to prove that in any situation, they will have
a fighting chance for victory. There will be deeper understanding of the element [and hours upon
hours of brainstorming and studying]  ;)

What ideas do you have to make Death bigger/better/faster/stronger/whatever after War?

Over the forum, I will continue to make sure that there is some push by the players to continue
to develop stronger cards and decks in the the element. Also, I hope to be a greater
part of the art section [having finished more art classes by then] so I can be the first person
players go to request art, especially for Death. This will build a nice master-community
relationship, as I will be presenting a little more versatility, bringing the element to the highest
interest.

In the game, what is your favourite part of the Death element?  What do you not like about the Death element?

Its utter power and speed. Its ability to mow down an opponent and really put pressure someone is awesome.
I've never been a fan of Vulture, Soul Catcher, or Boneyard. They're actually close to my least favorite cards
in the game. Heh.

In the game, what does Death need most?  Please answer this question by designing a card to fill that need.

Strong CC and healing?? OH YEAH

Spoiler for Pella's Request:
To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Obviously, TitanPad would be involved, as well as a healthy number of PMs ;)

I think my best bet would be to originally take time zones into consideration during the
auction. Further, if I end up with a player I know I'll have a hard time catching up with,
I'll find someone with a similar timezone as to pair up with him. This would keep at least
some order.

Spoiler for Onizuka's Question:
Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

Yes. Looking forward to an even busier schedule ^^
Yes, if Brawl changes for the better/if Death is even an element in Brawl :P

Spoiler for Odii Odsen's Question:
To all: Why do you want to be Master of Death? I mean why did you choose Death?

Shrink: Can you build me a death rush deck? (9 ups are allowed)

I want to be Master of Death to prove something to myself and that all of this time with this game wasn't a waste.
Furthermore, I thought that possibly trialing for Death would bring back ralouf, and though he only popped in a couple times,
it really pushed me to build and play hard. He will forever be a main reason for my new found ability and progression.

As for your rush, Odii:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52h 52h 52h 52o 52o 52q 52q 542 542 542 542 542 542 713 713 713 713 713 713 718 718 718 8pk

Spoiler for ss for lulz:

Spoiler for Chapuz's Question:
@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

Fippe, because I already said rob had a better chance at the title than I did.

Glad to see you like to watch the world burn, Chap.

Spoiler for Drake_XIV:
To all Trial participants in elements that have two participants and/or do not have a defending Master.  Do you think your chances at Master-ship have changed if you were in a full element with a defending Master?

I don't think it would have been the case if there was an defending Death Master, but regarding all of the other elements, most definitely.

Spoiler for Opsinis' Question:
To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

Well-versed in EtG only - I don't believe that a master needs all the hoopla to navigate the forum. I'm
not even sure there's much hoopla needed in the first place. What's important is an understanding
of the game and the element the master.. masters, [as to further help anyn00b].

Spoiler for Marsu's Question:
To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

Death is all around us.

Spoiler for justaburd's Question:
Chirp? Chirp chirp trill chirp?

I don't know, I can't really say that you're the main reason I went after this all. I mean, sure we
had some good moments in brawl, but you've never -really- supported me. I still hope we can stay
friends once all of this is over.

Spoiler for Belligerence's Question:
@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

No, simply because I am not nearly as confident as I am with Death. That being said, if I do
not become Death Master, any future Trials I participate further will be for another element [if my first choice is full].

Spoiler for Bogtro's Request:
Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Soft PC... isn't soft?

Spoiler for RavingRabbid's Question:
You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer, trials related. What do you ask yourself?
"In one try, will you please name the players who will become masters by the end of Trials?"

Spoiler for farscape's Question:
To all   :death trialists:
Is there life after death ? Elaborate!
The day a graveyard function comes to EtG...

Spoiler for rob77dp's Request:
Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.

Spoiler for Tiko's Request:
So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.
I'm a wannabe artist studying video game design in college.
My favorite color is green.
" movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
" game is Kingdom Hearts.
" number is 14.
Each of those hold deeper meanings, but on the surface, I'd have to say they're some pretty
good picks! ;-D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:54:53 pm by Shrink »
Doctor Death

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082694#msg1082694
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:52:29 pm »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082696#msg1082696
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »
To all Death candidates:
1) What ideas do you have to help Death win the next War?
Yes, I realize that some answers to that question must remain secret for now.  Please answer with "unclassified" answers to the best of your ability.
2) What ideas do you have to make Death bigger/better/faster/stronger/whatever after War?
3) In the game, what is your favourite part of the Death element?  What do you not like about the Death element?
4) In the game, what does Death need most?  Please answer this question by designing a card to fill that need.  Supplying art for this card is DIScouraged.  I'm looking for substance, not style.  (Edit:  Yes, I realize bogtro asked for a card from all trialists.  Therefore, please design a card for bogtro first.  Then design a second card that helps fill more of that same need or moves to the second-most needed thing.  Impress me.)

Edited for punctuation.
Edited to add questions.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:48:39 pm by Pella »
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082700#msg1082700
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:16 pm »
To Shrink : make a picture that shows you slaughtering both of the other challengers in a graveyard. Standard quality.
To rob, Fippe : Choose one of the death cards. Make an art about it. This can be a drawing, a poem, a short story, or anything you like, really. If it's a drawing i expect it to be high quality so you may not want to go that route.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082711#msg1082711
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:45:40 pm »
I will be answering all questions, but not all at once so open the spoiler for my replies.  However, come back later to check for new answers.

Spoiler for Element (Death) related:
To rob, Fippe : Choose one of the death cards. Make an art about it. This can be a drawing, a poem, a short story, or anything you like, really. If it's a drawing i expect it to be high quality so you may not want to go that route.
One small Flesh Recluse
A Fractal from the :aether
Now :death shall take you.

rob: What is your favorite death deck? (or any deck that includes death cards)
Combining the first 'dual question' into one response:  I consider becoming a Master part of reaching a pinnacle within Elements.  The best me within Elements is incomplete without a Master-ship.  I determined to Trial for Death after contemplation over it being my first AI3 grinders (Chrys+Poison -> Mono-death, un-upped to fully-upped on both), my first FG grinder (PDials pre-shard changes -> PDials 1.32 with in-element shards), and having Shantu bless me with a bid and opportunity to participate on Team Death in War 6.  Death deserves another 'trophy in the trophy case' alongside that from War 4.

My favorite Death decks ranked in order of current preference and EtG-deck-love:
Spoiler for rob77dp's fav-death-decks:
1.  PDials 1.32
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7km 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

I love playing this deck.  I have recorded over 220 FG matches and about 100 Platinum Arena duels with it and nearly countless un-recorded of the same.  Also, it is a deck that hates healing which seems thematically in tune with Death.

2.  Mono-deaths
Un-upped
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52h 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52t 52t 52t 52t 52t 52t 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 8pk

Upped
710 710 710 710 710 710 711 713 713 713 713 713 713 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71d 71d 71d 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 8pk

I look no further than these when in need of _quick_ AI3 matches to break monotony or to grind up some quick rares/shards in Bronze!

3.  Speed Poison
Un-upped
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 8pp

Upped
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 72i 72i 72i 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

Pretty simple AI3 grinders here - make Poison ASAP (no AI3's have Purify) and freeze dangerous critters (Otyugh's, Steamies, etc) to keep the poison increasing.

To all Death candidates:
Yes, I realize that some answers to that question must remain secret for now.  Please answer with "unclassified" answers to the best of your ability.
2) What ideas do you have to make Death bigger/better/faster/stronger/whatever after War?
3) In the game, what is your favourite part of the Death element?  What do you not like about the Death element?
4) In the game, what does Death need most?  Please answer this question by designing a card to fill that need.  Supplying art for this card is DIScouraged.  I'm looking for substance, not style.  (Edit:  Yes, I realize bogtro asked for a card from all trialists.  Therefore, please design a card for bogtro first.  Then design a second card that helps fill more of that same need or moves to the second-most needed thing.  Impress me.)
1) Modify or implement strategy in bidding phase(s) in attempt to ensure all Team members will be active through-out War and to fill in specific roles within War/Team.  I have roles identified for each member so none are stuck with multiple roles.  I prefer to keep the specifics private for the time being but here's a spoiler:
Spoiler for Vault Manager:
(this role is not so secret or special/unique but important nonetheless)
- S/D/C/P final edits in vault
- ensuring Vault accurately reflects decks used last round, and for next round
- GDocs skillz :D

2) Winning War 7 will generate/renew community interest in Death which could bring more deck ideas and variety in how players use Death in decks, tourneys, and/or leagues.

3) I love that Death can be an excellent rusher (Fractal Mummy un-upped or Recluse upped; mono-death rush), effectively stall (SoSa if shards allowed, Bonebolt / Pandebonium / BW+CC decks), and fairly effectively get around shields (Poison | Deadly Poison).  Basically, I like Death's flexibility.  I most dislike Death's total lack of PC within the element.

4) Death.  Needs.  PC.  (Soft PC would probably be the easiest / best fit within the element.)
Spoiler for Degrade | Deteriorate:

I am quite new (first time ever) to creating card ideas and have very limited ability in those forum sections, so please direct me to or warn me of any very similar ideas (that would create suspicion of copying).  As of now, I am unaware of this idea being had already (sure, Death PC has been suggested many ways already, but this specific idea/method).
No surprise - an aspiring future Master of Death wanting some sort of PC for the element.  :) 

Favorite Death card:  Please refer here

Death duo element:  As a Death player, I like to duo with Time as stalling effects (Procrast, RT, Eternity, Sundial) do not slow down poison-damages while stalling many types of opposing decks.  Close second and third are Water (additional poison sources and Freeze) and Aether (Bonebolt is lots of fun too).

BONUS ANSWER:  Favorite Death Trio - PDials.  :)

Yes.  No (although I admit only having generic incomplete information regarding Brawl and its experiences).  Regarding Brawl, from I know of it and of myself, I am more a PvP and Elements-playing type entity within the community and haven't yet experienced much of the art, CIA, and similar things I somewhat know from Brawl.  I add this qualifying information because it is entirely possible I have enough interest to be Death's Brawl leader when it comes around again.

To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?
(similar to above answer)
Spoiler for PDials 1.32:
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7km 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

I love playing this deck.  I have recorded over 220 FG matches and about 100 Platinum Arena duels with it and nearly countless un-recorded of the same.  Also, it is a deck that hates healing which seems thematically in tune with Death.

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.
This effort begins in the bidding phase(s).  As Death's general I would attempt to build a team either entirely in Time Zones that coordinate best with mine OR have at least a couple (2 or 3 maybe?) team members that are from more difficult Time Zones for myself be coordinated enough to lead/continue Death War preparations in my absence (sleep... work... ... ... other??).  Also, sticking to GMT when giving times for matches, preparation, and other efforts is paramount (each person should be able to do simple math to translate to their own Time Zone).  :)

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?
*** The following statement is personal ONLY in that it singles out a certain individual.  In no way does it reflect my view of them outside of aspects relating to the inquiry. ***

I consider thatnewguy to be least deserving of the Death Master-ship.  This owes entirely to their here-then-gone presence so far during Trials (as evidenced by the 0-1 record plus 3 forfeits).  Extenuating circumstances cannot always be avoided, however, this is the criteria I have used to develop my answer here.

*edit*  I am not deleting the above for the sake of completeness, but do wish to soften it with 'In no way at all is it intended as an attack or affront to TNG or their contributions here for EtG, Trials, and the community.  /edit

Realizing this meant from the voting choices, I have revised my answer.
Based solely on Phase 2 record, Fippe is least deserving.  However, this is a flimsy answer based on a very limited source of information.  Having been on Team Death in War 6 with Fippe I have no problem with Fippe being Master should he prove capable by winning these Trials.

{I debated refusing to answer on the grounds of nothing-to-be-gained so no-answer, but finally decided this is a game and answering the question held no personal value against or for anyone mentioned in a response.}

@All Trialists:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?
I would switch if Death was full and score/post-count dictated I was out.  I would change to Time because I love the versatility.  Granted, it lacks PC but I feel that is more than made up by the varying CC and available styles of play.  Rushing with Ghosts/Nymphs, swarming build-up with Pharaoh/Scarab-army, stalling with Dials/Procrast/Eternity and usually a Duo element (Light for example), and has excellent duo choices (Dark, Light, Death, Earth...) available.  Also, who among us does not have to obey and live within the confines of the construct of TIME?
8)

To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.
*** edit:  As my original response to bogtro best fits Pella's inquiry, I have moved it and replaced with a new Death card suggestion ***
Revised response to bogtro:
Spoiler for Extinction | Annihilation:
NAME:
Extinction
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
3 :death
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
When a creature dies all copies in play gain X+1 poison counters. X = copies of creature now in play.
NAME:
Annihilation
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
3 :death
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
When opponent's creature is damaged, creature gains X poison counters. X = damage taken.
ART:
IDEA:
rob77dp
NOTES:
Death has an awesome shield - Bonewall.  These cards would assist BW in withstanding swarms (Scarabs, Fireflies, Mito-critters, and even Adrena-critters if a poison counter from Afla/Plague/Virus exists).  Does BW necessarily need strengthening?  Perhaps not.  This just a card idea.  :)
SERIES:

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.
"When will zanz release another addition of cards to Elements the Game?"  (Note:  Nobody knows the answer to this question besides the man himself!)

Spoiler for Person (rob77dp) related:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

I consider myself the best option among the Trial finalists for Death Master.  I subscribe to the idea that if one looks hard enough and long enough there is someone better.  However, this serves to motivate me to continually improve my Elements skills and experiences (especially for Death when it relates to something like Death Trials).

Song:  Death Don't Have No Mercy
(honorable mention for When Death Calls)

To all Trial participants in elements that have two participants and/or do not have a defending Master.  Do you think your chances at Master-ship have changed if you were in a full element with a defending Master?
Death is a full-element but without a defending Master.  The difference between having defending Master and not, from my limited viewpoint, is insignificant compared to how full the Challenger table is for the element (as it relates to chances of becoming Master).  Sure, a defending Master has experience and knows just what it takes, but a full element is 25% chance of making final battle which is quite lower than some elements with fewer Challengers.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
I feel quite well-versed in Elements the Game and adequately 'versed' in the forum.  As Master I would strive to hone in-game and develop further forum skill and knowledge.

To address your question, if not Master myself, I would prefer a Master well-versed in-game only instead of forum only.  My reasoning is that War is such an important role of Master-ship that having only forum knowledge would place too large of burden on the War Team compared to what is lost by having a lesser-forum-able Master.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?
All living things must die.  As a living being I am connected to Death by this inescapable eventuality.  An eventuality which was brought close to home and given focus by the death of my grandpa Papa 3 years ago.  Until then, to me death was really just something that happened in other people's lives that I heard or read about (naivete is self-identifiable only afterwards :( ).  Since then, I am always aware that the end-game of life is Death and affects us all.  /trip-down-a-somewhat-creepy-dark-path

To all Trialists:

Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.
I have not gone to a gym or done bench press in a couple years now.  *gasp*  However, I would estimate mine currently at a lowly 150lbs.  In my heydays of working out for real 5 days a week, I topped out at about 205lbs (my old workout records are not at-hand right now).  How does this relate to Master'ing an element?  Well, it really doesn't but I think we all need some fun in our day from time to time, right?  :)

This time I'm having some trouble deciding on who to vote for in some of the elements, so I'm tossing the coin.

I don't know many of you trialists personally, and I don't have the necessary chat-time to actually get to know you better - I can look up both your ingame and forum "qualities" (which I did), furthermore, awards and staff positions aren't that impressive to me in case of mastership: So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.

You're free whatever to answer, it may or may not be a deciding factor. Thanks.
I love the element Death.  I am thoroughly but safely addicted to Elements the Game.  Death was my favorite element and then in War 6 Shantu bid on and won me for Team Death.  I loved the experience and then decided during sign-ups that since Shantu was not defending, Death needed a Master to bring back the glory from War 4's win.

I strive to always be a positive influence on those around (chat, forum, PvP) and a fun ambassador of Elements the Game (games should be fun!).  A few people around here are privy to this, but I'll make it public - I have an open door policy.  Any time I'm in chat (or through forum PM) you can hit me up with questions, just to vent, or for some dialogue about whatever's on your mind.  That may come across as pomp and circumstance, but I truly mean it and believe it to be a valuable quality for a Master to have.

My avatar - it was made for me by russianspy1234 and is an excellent of Death Darkness Fire into one symbol.

Hopefully some of that is interesting reading and helps (or at least doesn't hinder) your voting decision.
:)

Spoiler for Miscellany:
*rob77dp activates Flesh Recluse's :air :web ability*
Oh wait, its just a burd.  ;D

Literally and real life speaking, yes.
(I cannot prove or disprove my belief in life after death, so further elaboration here would serve only as possible sparks of argument.  Any voter desiring further discussion can catch me in chat or send me a forum PM to ask for such.  If done in a polite and respectful manner I will do my best to take the time to elaborate further.)

Figuratively and EtG speaking, no.
(Currently, no game mechanic can bring back a dead creature.  Permanents can come back to 'life' with the new Salvagers but creatures that die are gone.  I could support a future installment of such a game mechanic if done well.)

just to see all who are here in the hour before votes due to nervousness or to activity or due to anything at all. Say '' hiiii ''

hiiii

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:44:22 pm by rob77dp »
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082759#msg1082759
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:51:33 am »

rob: What is your favorite death deck? (or any deck that includes death cards)

Shrink: Can you build me a death rush deck? (9 ups are allowed)

Fippe: Can you build me a Stall that includes at least 50% death cards? (9 ups are allowed)
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1082888#msg1082888
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:54:07 pm »
Reserved for answers. I will not answer all the questions in one go probably, so if you see that I'm missing something, the answers will come later.

General Questions
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for answer:
Master-question: I honeslty don't really know. I don't really know Shrink much, but I was in team Death with rob last War. I believe all three of us would be great Masters. As for the best Master, it would probably be Shantu, which is the only Death master I've seen in action

Song-question: Answer coming later.

Spoiler for answer:
War: Yes, I definitely plan to general Death. I will do my best to lead us to victory!
Brawl: If the voting system don't change, then no, probably not. If it does change, probably yes, but if I lead my element I don't get to be the Deckbuilder again... :p

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?
Spoiler for answer:
Probably any duo deck that is based on Poison and stalling with Bone Wall + CC, like Bonebolt and Bonestorm. If I must choose one it would be Bone Wall + Lightning. The reason I like these decks are mainly because they are Poison-based (which are my favorite card), but also because I like Bone Wall too. The deck is also both CC and PC resistant.

To all:
Spoiler for answer:
First I'd try to recruit players that are in the same time zone as me (so in Europe, basically), but that will obviously not be everything I look for. If I then had people in varying time zones anyway, I'd try to set up some "meetings" when several players are online at the same time. Preferably at least one of these meetings should be when everyone can be online, but if it's not possible then at least so tyhat everyone will have at least 2 or 3 other people to talk with in these meetings. Then it would be up to me to gather the info that were got during the meetings I wasn't part of.

Spoiler for answer:
As I said before I believe we all would deserve master title, but if I had to choose it would probably be Shrink, if only because I don't know him much while I know rob and I was in team Death last War.

Spoiler for answer:
I there was a defending master I would have to beat rob with over 50% votes to have chance for mastership. Now I have to beat Shrink with 30%. So yes, statistically my chances are definitely higher now.

To all Trialists:

Explain.
Spoiler for answer:
The game. That is the reason we are all here on the forum after all, and to have a Master who can't play the game very well would be weird and/or stupid. With that said, forum is important too of course, but the game is more so.

Spoiler for answer:
An interesting question. I'll think I have to go with yes, but that really depends on the flavour.

To all Trialists:

Spoiler for answer:
Well, I'm not (and wouldn't really want to be) much connected to death irl, but death is inevitable and still part of all our lives.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

Spoiler for answer:
I would choose Life, since that is my second favourite element. Mitosis and Adrenaline are cards that are fun in both monos and duos.

To everyone:

Spoiler for answer:
Death's greatest weakness is probably that it does not have PC. So here is a card that would be able to deal with permanents, death style:

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?
Spoiler for answer:
Yes, that question is my answer to RR's question :)
To still elaborate a bit: I do not know what will happen after death. Part of me want to believe in some kind of afterlife, even if I do not know what. But another part of me really believes that nothing will happen, that we will just stop existing, even if that feels very alien too, and just as impossible to imagine. So my real answer is that I do not know, but I don't really worry, since that is one question I am sure I will find the answer for eventually :p

Death Questions:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for answer:
Card question: Poison/Deadly Poison, because it deals unblockable damage, and it is very hard to get rid of.

Element Question: That would probably be Aether, mainly because of Lightning (I like decks based on Bone Wall) and Fractal (I mean, who doesn't like Fractal? Fractal Recluse anyone?).

To all Death candidates:
Spoiler for answer:
1) Part of my answer is in the answer to your last question, since I believe communication and teamwork to be the most important part in any team-based event. It is also important to give everyone the right tasks. To have three players spend time to build/test the same deck alone while nothing else gets done isn't exactly optimal. Some players are good at getting ideas, some players are good at mindgating others and some are good at finetune and balance deck for example. It is therefore important to let everyone do what they are best on, but still of course help each other. Once again, communication are the key to success here.

2) I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for here, but I'll do my best to answer it. I want to show newcomers hoe dangerous Death, and particulary poison are. Since poison is really my favourite part of death, I've been thinking of making a collection of awesome poison decks. Both decks that others have made, my own versions of popular decks, and some decks that are my own entirely (like my Timely Poison deck). And also maybe try build some competitive decks based more on death effects (not as common as I would like as an avid Death player).

3) Like: As I have said before, poison. Unblockable damage that are very hard to get rid of.
Dislike: They have several cards that are very cool in concept,but are usually not really viable in competitive play, like Boneyard and Soul Catcher.

4) Another problem with death is that it does not have any single target CC except Aflatoxin, which is pretty expensive and still requires you to have a way to deal with the cell's damage. So what better way than to combine it with death's own bolt:
(I know, the name kinda suck)

Spoiler for answer:
See my answer to RavingRabbid's question.

Personal Questions:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for a short story:
The King and the Assassin
The king looked at the assassin as he ran towards him, but he felt no fear, for his own guards was like a wall between them. The assassin stopped a few meters from the guards, as if he regretted having come. The king could see that he was armed with only a small dagger.
Suddenly the assassin started to move forward, right into the group of guards that was waiting for him. He effortlessly avoided all the guards' swords, and made his way towards the king. When the assassin had gone past the wall of guards and stood before him, the king looked at his guards, expecting them to turn to him and cut down the intruder. But even though they had only gotten small cuts from the assassin, they were lying on the ground, dying.
"Im...Impossible!" the king exclaimed and looked at the assassin. The assassin raised his dagger, which now seemed to shine with a greenish tint.
"This is no ordinary knife", he said. "This is the legendary Arsenic, made to kill all, peasants and kings alike."
The king looked at the assassin with fear entering his mind, and started to turn around to run away. But suddenly he felt a sting on his arm, and he fell onto the ground.
Even if the dagger had only touched him, he could already feel his life slip away as he saw the assassin leave the throne room...

Fippe: Can you build me a Stall that includes at least 50% death cards? (9 ups are allowed)
Spoiler for answer:
Of course I can. I went with an earth stall, similar to the one I used in Round 2:
52l 52l 52l 52p 52p 52p 52q 52q 52s 52s 52s 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 592 592 594 594 594 594 594 718 718 718 718 718 77m 77m 77m 77m 8pm
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:42:24 pm by Fippe94 »
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1083160#msg1083160
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »
To all Death candidates:
Please revisit my post.
Death is my favourite element, and I'm taking this vote very seriously.
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

Offline farscape

• Reputation Power: 5
  • farscape is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emperor Crichton
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1083247#msg1083247
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 03:06:35 pm »

Offline farscape

• Reputation Power: 5
  • farscape is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emperor Crichton
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1083417#msg1083417
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
Quote from: from Rob's answer
(Currently, no game mechanic can bring back a dead creature.  Permanents can come back to 'life' with the new Salvagers but creatures that die are gone.  I could support a future installment of such a game mechanic if done well.)

What about Phoenix ? That can come back to life...

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50063.msg1083426#msg1083426
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »
Quote from: from Rob's answer

What about Phoenix ? That can come back to life...

I would rebut that Phoenix --> Ash --> Phoenix is transformation not revival.  Perhaps my usage of 'gone' in my response is slightly off, but I stand by my initial answer.
:)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

anything
blarg: russianspy1234