*Author

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg459997#msg459997
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 12:40:08 am »
To those members of Team Death: Congrats for winning war! That said, there were teams that had large early advantages (Earth/Time/Entropy) over you guys. Do you feel that your coming back to win was a result of luck, skill, event cards, or any combination of those? If you had to choose 1 team that you would have chosen to win war, other than yourself, who would it be?
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460032#msg460032
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:23 am »
Death! i love this element :D

MrBlonde: You are the longest ever-lasting master so far. What do you think has led you to this? How much time do you think you can keep it?
EDIT: Also, When will this avatar change?

Malignant: If ever you became master, would you do anything else than eat marshmallows?

Jippy: While I may be wrong, what I know of you is that, while you are an awesome person in this community as a whole, you seem to lack in the PvP part. How do you plan on getting over that?

Ralouf: I know of you as a good PvE and PvP player. Though, the in-game is not everything. What have you done/what do you plan on doing for this community?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460378#msg460378
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:40 pm »
As being in the trial where the winner of war will have a dominating upped card advantage, how do you feel about the current trial reward to the top placings of war? Do you think there should be a reward for war besides the banner+awards? If you had to pick another reward for war other than trial points, what would it be?

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460383#msg460383
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 10:11:51 pm »
I think we may have a better rewards, war is the beggiest event in the forum and all we won is just a shiny forum icon. We don't even have our banner in the forum. I think that all the member of the winning team should win a mark/nymph from the element they belong. it may seems a big reward but if this had been implemented since the beginning we would have only 4*8 = 32 more nymph/mark. That's not a lot considering how much nymph players usually have.
Maybe this maybe tweaked to prevent the 8 player to win a mark though.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460581#msg460581
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:06 am »
When you see the Grandmaster in the poll you know who to vote for.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460671#msg460671
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 05:44:52 pm »
When you see the Grandmaster in the poll you know who to vote for.
technically not the grandmaster yet, he will have to beat his challenger and Napalm if she successfully defends her title.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg460918#msg460918
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 01:25:18 pm »
Congratulations to Team Death for winning War #4! ^_^

Q: "That said, if you were in Team Death, what was your team’s strongest point that led you to the final victory against Light? (Especially considering their immense deck variety and veteran players) If you weren’t on the team, do you think one deck archetype, battle, or card had led the team to a prosperous advantage? Most importantly, how do you feel about your Death banner not being placed up yet despite War ending several months ago? XD”

Poison or Arsenic might have been the card that led the Team to victory, since there are very little cards that are able to counter it.

FixthebannerSG!
Would you associate Romeo and Juliet to?

Death won War #4. Do you feel like this happened by chance or that with the game balanced as it is now Death could win many more wars?

At this point, I feel like I should ask you to post a related song.

Never read/saw Romeo and Juliet, except for the ending. Yes.

Seems more likely by chance. Game isn't completely balanced yet.

I know very few songs. Closest one to Death I know, and it might be terrible. Link.
Congratulations to Team Death!

Q:"Do you think some event cards made team death to win or simply the decks archetypes were complex and good enough?"

I am sure some Event Cards helped Team Death a lot. Of course, their decks might be very good, but I'm too lazy to check.
To the Element who has proved themselves worthy of winning War and is also my elemental opposite...I have a question.

Q:  Death's victory in War symbolizes it being one of the most powerful Elements in PvP.  Meanwhile, Life is still labeled as one of the most inferior and least popular of Elements despite the two being Elemental opposites.  What do you think is the leading cause between the gap between the two Elements?  In other words:  What do you think Life lacks that Death does not?  Try to list as many flaws as you can using specific cards, Elemental themes, etc. to better support your points.
Death have Poison and Bonewall. A good card for indirect damage, and a good shield.
The following questions/comments will be sharp and pointed. They may hurt your feelings, but they are meant to help me and the community see how you handled adversity and tough questions. So, don't take too much offense to it, I'm gonna be grilling everyone. Also, I don't hate any of you, it's just my RL interviewing being used for the community vote.

MrBlonde
What percent of the work did you do in this last War?
Malignant
I've never heard your name mentioned without the word lazy. Have you changed?
jippy99
You got beat by the other two challengers. If you made it to the final battle, would MrBlonde complete the sweep? Also, you said it was a real team effort, but that's not how it looked on my end. (I've got a chance to look at the Death secret section after War.) What were YOUR biggest contributions? Please be specific.
ralouf1
Is it true that you submitted a deck for War that had less than 10 Death cards in it?
I haven't, and I won't. Will be forever lazy, but for some important things, rarely, I will do work. (Deicide.)
Death! i love this element

MrBlonde: You are the longest ever-lasting master so far. What do you think has led you to this? How much time do you think you can keep it?
EDIT: Also, When will this avatar change?

Malignant: If ever you became master, would you do anything else than eat marshmallows?

Jippy: While I may be wrong, what I know of you is that, while you are an awesome person in this community as a whole, you seem to lack in the PvP part. How do you plan on getting over that?

Ralouf: I know of you as a good PvE and PvP player. Though, the in-game is not everything. What have you done/what do you plan on doing for this community?
Be lazy.
As being in the trial where the winner of war will have a dominating upped card advantage, how do you feel about the current trial reward to the top placings of war? Do you think there should be a reward for war besides the banner+awards? If you had to pick another reward for war other than trial points, what would it be?
Tourney codes.
If death death had no poison and there was no poison mechanic in the game what would you replace arsenic and poison with and how do you think this would effect death. Also do you think that poison was one of the big reasons death won the latest war. finally do you think that its fair for there to be only one element and only one card that counters poison what others element's do you think should be able to stop poison as well. (it cannot be an element that already has a card that causes poison)

A question was requested by jippy i wasnt really planning to ask death trial particpants a question/questions but he seemed so bored so i just couldnt say no.
No idea.

Yes.

Other elements should have a soft counter to Poison, but not all.
Death is currently one of the strongest element in both unupped/upped PvP environment, which is displayed by the outstanding performance in War 4. Do you think Death can continue its superior status until War 5? If not, what kind of mechanic/card combination/decks do you think will change this?
No idea. RNG is too RNG-ish.

Some elements getting counters to Poison.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg461067#msg461067
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:41 pm »
My challenge to all competitors: Build me a deck (at least 50% death) that can get a Silver spin, oh and for added creativity, no Bonewalls, Poisons, or Mummies allowed. Good luck and have fun!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg461073#msg461073
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 10:56:18 pm »
Gonna answer in my big post, decks and screenies coming.

edit 1: Done !

edit 2 : I'm not lazy : done with a second deck :)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg461117#msg461117
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 01:03:16 am »
Lazygnat! Answer your questions!

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg461171#msg461171
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 03:41:42 am »
If death death had no poison and there was no poison mechanic in the game what would you replace arsenic and poison with and how do you think this would effect death. Also do you think that poison was one of the big reasons death won the latest war. finally do you think that its fair for there to be only one element and only one card that counters poison what others element's do you think should be able to stop poison as well. (it cannot be an element that already has a card that causes poison)

A question was requested by jippy i wasnt really planning to ask death trial particpants a question/questions but he seemed so bored so i just couldnt say no.
The Devil what more is there to say.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36642.msg461172#msg461172
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 03:56:18 am »
Death is currently one of the strongest element in both unupped/upped PvP environment, which is displayed by the outstanding performance in War 4. Do you think Death can continue its superior status until War 5? If not, what kind of mechanic/card combination/decks do you think will change this?
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

anything
blarg: MrBlonde,Malignant,jippy99,ralouf1