Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Death?

rob77dp
12 (75%)
asdw152
3 (18.8%)
None Worthy
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 03, 2020, 07:09:35 pm

*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301481#msg1301481
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:09:35 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301486#msg1301486
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:26 pm »
Answers, current through questions as of 8/3 ~03:40.

Spoiler for DEATH questions:
Are you obsessed with death? If yes, why?
Purple is my favorite color, death's purple in this game is a great looking purple. Death was the first element go give me 'platform' in the game when Shantu bid 1 card on me back in like War 7 or so. It grew on me from there. Also, Arsenic and Deadly Poison and Shard of Sacrifice as part of my first high-level grinder (PDials SoSac) I thought were really cool cards.

EDIT 1: no real life death obsession here... I accept my fate one day to die while looking forward to living life until that fateful day. (Capturing some response toward Wyand's clarification)

What is the ideal death? Or, in other words, how would you want to die?
Ideally, I know not the time or place but also prefer not to be surprised. Quote a wine in front of me... Old age without excessive faculty degradation <-- and anything that isn't drowning or asphyxiation  :'(

Spoiler for Questions to all elements:
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)

4) Who would be your ideal / most feared STANDIN? (For contestants who will surely face a STANDIN.)

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?
1. They're not. I am worthy. asdw is worthy. The death final will feature two worthy candidates, in my opinion.

2. A skull, but like all artistically imagined and whatnot. I think it really represents death quite well actually, and is feature nicely on Poison / Deadly Poison which are key death cards.

3. Permanent control is quite lacking, I have designed cards in several ways related to this. FOUND IT! from all the way back 7th Trials phase 3 in fact (2013!). Soft-PC card idea for death.

4. I won't face a standin.

5. A scribble? I'm not quit sure what you want on that one... Arsenic, I love Arsenic.

6. MrBlonde, hands down.

Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?
In the past, I have had some deeper answer on this type of question (or exact question?), but after "all these years" I think I just like the familiarity with Death, purple is a GREAT color and when master my name shows in purple, and I really hoped (as it turns out it will be true) to ensure Death leaves the Flash era with a current Master. I have a few times in the past toyed with idea of trialing outside of Death, but it always pulls me back. Here I am.

Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.
Grey Nymph and Death Nymph, of course.

Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?
Very intriguing question, and I pondered it a bit --- I have no ideas. I think members capable of well representing an element are very likely to have already been associated with it (on a war team for it, trialed for it, etc.).??

How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?
I'm not sure what you're asking - what is Avatar-esque element fighting style?? My avatar is a tentacle colored for death from Brawl gone-by... it would fight by wrapping around the opponent and squeezing the life out of them. 8-)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:54:14 pm by rob77dp »
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • yes
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301502#msg1301502
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »
finally caring enough to do this, why

Spoiler for Death questions:
@wyand: i was sorta desensitized to death when I accidentally watched happy tree friends when i was probably 7-8. just been a downward spiral there, and not much about it gets to me until my grandpa passed last year.

@nae: I don't want to know how i'll die. I want my life and death to be ripe with surprises. knowing me, i'll probably die due to something old or health related. probably a good way to choose

Spoiler for everyone:
@wyand
1) None is only worthy if they're Sakura, the strongest gamer. Otherwise, None is only if the only people running have no pride in their element.
2) looks like a skull in purple circle. lets me know that it's death
3) Death misses in PC, strong in most other fields.
4) no
5) no
6) MrBlonde, only one to lead death to war victory with the oldest meta

@linkcat
Death is more my favorite after rob bid 30 points on me in war 10. gave me a taste of what death could be like, and the fun i could have with more variety in bypass and stalling.

@nae
anything with a pulse though it's death, not much has a pulse here

@dc
mostly everyone chooses their favorite and goes with it. not really anyone i know that isn't related to death that has an affinity to it.

@docC
avatar-esque like the show? there's this thing in dnd i saw that built around osteomancy, or bone magic. abilities included liquifying one's own bones to move in tight spaces. protruding and retracting bones as weapons and armor, and controlling others' bones like mind control, but their bones. I'd say something like that for me, though i modified it to perform with a half-orc barbarian playstyle i like.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:36:40 am by asdw152 »
Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
War #10 Team Death
War #11 Team Entropy
War #12 War Master

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301505#msg1301505
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:30:59 pm »
Are you obsessed with death? If yes, why?
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301752#msg1301752
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 04:22:46 am »
Posted my answers...
*bump*
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301753#msg1301753
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:18 am »
If I may bug you furthermore, rob: I was in a morbid mood and I meant the natural phenomenon, not the element in the game. :)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301757#msg1301757
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 03:04:32 pm »
What is the ideal death? Or, in other words, how would you want to die?
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67919.msg1301758#msg1301758
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 03:54:53 pm »
A few more updates... Anything now until deadline I am unlikely to have time to address though. Cheers!

anything
blarg: