Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Death?

DANIEELA
3 (9.4%)
rob77dp
18 (56.3%)
ji412jo
9 (28.1%)
asdw152
2 (6.3%)
None Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: August 14, 2018, 12:03:04 am

*Author

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278644#msg1278644
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:44:49 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278659#msg1278659
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 12:15:41 am »
Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain. We can be like they are.

My name is Joey, and I am a challenger to become Master of Death. But before I answer any of your questions, let's start with one which I think should be asked to every death trialist.

Are you afraid to die?

Personally, I am not. We have no way of knowing what comes after. Fearing death is fearing the unknown. When you walk out of your home tomorrow morning, do you know what will happen? You don't. Do you still go out? I sure as hell hope you do. And I am sorry if you don't.

I don't pretend to be the wind, the sun or the rain, nor to be better than death. I simply say I am not scared, because mystery is part of the beauty of life, and death. Which is how death is linked to Darkness.

Which brings me to my next point. I have trialed for darkness in trials 3,5,7,8,9,10,11. Why Death now? Simple really.
I would have trialed for darkness if theonlyrealbeef hadn't. Last year, in my finals against Physsion I realized, I could've taken the title. I am able to take the title. And that was enough for me. I know torb will be a worthy master, and if CactusKing beats him, well he will have proven me wrong and will have surprised me.

Am I saying DANIEELA, rob77dp and asdw152 are unworthy candidates to be master? Not so quick. Let's start with DANIEELA.

DANIEELA has been switching from elements to another for each trial before this one. And I think she is a very strong PvP player in unrestricted PvP. However, winning death trials finals by spamming dims does not show me that she is a master of death. She will have to do better to convince me I should put her on the same step as other masters of Death of the likes of MrBlonde.

rob. Rob is a great guy, and does well in pvp. However, he lost to those dims. For me, that's a sign of bad preparation, both in bans and not realizing how the games would pan out after the bans have been cast. It's also a lack of adaptability for not being able to work it out mid-match and come out on top with his upgrade advantage. Both are qualities that are needed as a War General. Besides, I don't know where DANIEELA got the idea of always playing the same deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/trial-final-battle-results/(7th-trials-of-death)-rob77dp-5-1-shrink/). Where rob played pdials over and over.

asdw152 I think still is missing some experience. I don't know how seriously he takes PvP, so I really cannot talk much about him. But I could really see him become master of death, maybe in a future trial.

But that's enough dirt digging. I have my faults too.

I have failed in trials 8 times now. I brought team :light to perhaps one of the worst performances war history has ever seen. But do you know what is great about mistakes? You learn from them. I have learned from my mistakes, and am here to prove it. I got 5 points out of a possible 6 in phase 1 because I put time in my task and tried to perfect it to the best of my abilities. I then asked TrOs what I did wrong so that I could do better next time. Why did I do that? Because one can Always improve. (For the curious ones, www3 told me my deck was too similar to Morte's, and mathman still has not answered). In phase 2, I got 10 points out of 12 in my games, and might have been able to get the last 2 points if we played the last 2 games against rob due to his illegal deck. In my STANDIN games, I got 9 points out of 12, which I think is pretty good considering that those are not the elements I am trialing for.

I think a good master and general is someone who can stand up and be available in the most unexpected times and face the problems ahead. Who stood up last war when there were missing Generals? Joey. Who stood up this trials when STANDINs were needed for some elements? Joey. Who stood up and got the most points in phase 1? Joey. Who stood up and got the most points in phase 2? Ok, that was rob, I'm not helping my case here

I was thinking of making a parody for this phase 3. But then I thought, is that what people want? Will people vote for me because I make funny stuff? Or because they believe I will make the best master of death? And even if they would vote for the former, is it really what I want? (For the curious ones, my idea was to make a parody of Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper ''Seasons don't fear DANIEELA, nor do Joey, rob or ASD, You can be like they are! Come on lady, just vote for jijo! have no fear and vote for jijo!'' etc.)

I have proven my activity. I have proven my creativity (both in phase 1, and by being the leader of the winning brawl team). I have proven my skill in pvp in phase 2. This is my final test. I would say proof of popularity but I don'T believe this is it. I will call it a proof of trust. Trust from the community. Have faith in me'Cause there are things that I've seen I don't believe

And please vote for me.

In this spoiler will be the answers to the questions asked by people, updated regularly. Feel free to poke me if I missed something.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for if you could choose someone else to be general who would it be:
Rob. We have worked together in the past to low results but I don't think I understood what spending time efficiently for war meant back then. Spending last war has a general has really opened my eyes and would allow me to be more helpful then I was back then.
Spoiler for For everyone that Trials not for their favourite element:
If you end up not becoming a Master for the element you're Trialling in, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your favourite element? (Quite unlikely, but hey :silly:)
For the sake of argument, assume that you are not a WM yourself, just in case you're thinking 'I'm a WM, there's no way the WMs will approach me to Gen'
:
I don't think this is a surprise to anyone that I will say yes. And even if the element to general is not my favorite. Because someone needs to step up. We cannot have a 10-team war.
Spoiler for Will you participate in the next Brawl under the flag of your trialing element?
:
Yes and no. Chances are I'll do brawl again, but not necessarly under the flag of an element. Brawl has cut the elemental ties, and while I've done some teams which can seem like they were related to darkness, only really the name is.
Spoiler for 1. Which element do you consider the anti-you?  Which ones rubs you the wrong way or resonates least with you personally?  Please help us understand why this is the case.
:
Good question really. I don't think there is one as much as there are elements with which I have less experience. Here I will give Air and Aether as examples. I have often used them as secondary element when building duos with other elements, but never really used them as Primary element and trying to ubild away from them. Is pestal as good a deck in aether as it is in darkness? I don't have a clue.
Spoiler for 2.  Name two previous/current masters (you can include yourself if you wish) who you respect and have been excellent trialists, generals, and representatives of their element.  What traits do these two individuals share?  How are they different?
:
I'm going to go with two previous masters, and two masters that have been here a long time ago. In fact it's hard to choose 2 so I'll name you 3. In no specific order, MrBlonde, xdude and Napalm. Because they represented their element so well. If you think about light, you think about xdude. If you think about Napalm, you think about that exploding ball of joy that was leading fire. But I cannot leave MrBlonde out. He was a great master of death, stayed for a few consecutive terms, and was the first person to bid on me during a war auction (War #2)
Spoiler for Said that, explain what's the strenght and weakness of your Element, and, if you had the chance to add just one card (creature, spell, PC, CC, etc...) to your Element, what would it be and why?
:
I think that the biggest weakness of Death lies in it's dead/useless cards. That is offset by the fact that the useful cards are very powerful, however, when you are restricted such as in War to have only a max of X copies of a certain card, it forces you to towards those less useful cards. So my opinion on how to make death better, would be to be able to find a card that synergies well enough with those dead cards to make them useful. I am thinking of something like this.

Permanent. 5 :death . When one of your creatures die, Give it's attack to another random creature you own.

I always thought that hte biggest problem about the Graveyard card is that the creatures it makes are useless. 2/2 skeletons that can't do anything. But what if, upon killing a bone dragon, you spawn a skeleton, and with this permanent, you gave that skeleton 10 additional attack? Vulture is currently very slow, but this can speed it up. This did not make the skeleton card useful, but then again I'm only human. This card also can be seen as CC protection as the attack of your creature stays on board. It will however still fail against AoE spells, since all creatures are dying.

An extra synergy it can have is to have a way to give attack to deathstalker in-element.
Spoiler for Any opinions on Simon Belmont's addition to Smash? How will you protect your death creatures?
:
No opinions really. I don't expect to  play the new smash. I was disappointed when Sm4sh was filled with DLCs draining wallets. However, I think it's a good idea for nintendo to go back to some of the old classics for smash. Castlevania is definitely a big name in the retro video game universe.
Spoiler for do u plan on play war all together in team death like a big family?
:
Basically, the question is, If I am general, do I plan to get all other trialists on my team? Answer is no. I'm not going to compromise my team with a pre-made plan just to get death lovers, I'll do what's in my ability to get the best possible team. If I can get all of them for cheap? Sure they'd make a decent team.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:37:58 pm by ji412jo »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278718#msg1278718
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:10:47 pm »
In many sports/events they often refer to one pool or bracket as the "group of Death" because of how stacked it is with strong challengers, and that is an accurate description of this Trial in so many ways.

If you were unable to complete this event, but knew you would certainly by on Team :death in the upcoming War, which of your competitors would you want to have become Master and lead you as General of :death ?

Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278732#msg1278732
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 07:52:51 pm »
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...
I have trialed for darkness in trials 3,5,7,8,9,10,11.
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
I would have trialed for darkness
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
Last year, in my finals against Physsion I realized, I could've taken the title.
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
DANIEELA has been switching from elements to another for each trial before this one.
I have trialed for darkness in trials 3,5,7,8,9,10,11.
Spoiler for Hidden:
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
However, winning death trials finals by spamming dims does not show me that she is a master of death.
Spoiler for Hidden:
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
I don't know where DANIEELA got the idea of always playing the same deck
Spoiler for Hidden:
BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
But that's enough dirt digging.
I have failed in trials 8 times now.
I brought team :light to perhaps one of the worst performances war history has ever seen.

BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...
Seasons don't fear DANIEELA, nor do Joey, rob or ASD.
Spoiler for Hidden:
FINAL BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH...

Spoiler for CCCombobreaker:
If you were unable to complete this event, but knew you would certainly by on Team :death in the upcoming War, which of your competitors would you want to have become Master and lead you as General of :death ?
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for ji412jo:
Sorry if you took that personal DANIEELA, it was not my intention to be offensive.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for worldwideweb3:
Loool dani bringing the humour as always
Spoiler for Hidden:
@dani give a gif for each death card
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for InsignificantWeeaboo:
Any opinions on Simon Belmont's addition to Smash?
Spoiler for Hidden:

How will you protect your death creature?
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Manuel:
do u plan on play war all together in team death like a big family?
Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:08:04 pm by DANIEELA »
NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • yes
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278733#msg1278733
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:54:51 pm »
I'm not winning any time soon, so why not just answer last second.
Spoiler for Death Questions:
@CCC: i've war'd with rob in my first, and i know with our same time zones that we're pretty compatible, time wise. adding his loyalty and experience with the element, i'd lean towards him.

@weeb: Simon is insignificantweeaboo until i can see how he does in the final game. granted, patches exist, but i want to see his strengths for myself.

@manuel: sure

Spoiler for Hidden:
@joey: Leadership: the capacity and ability to control a group of people in order to complete some task

@bas: (trialing for one of favs): I probably wouldn't approach to gen, as i don't feel confident in myself yet to lead a team. in the end i'd be picking names that i've seen in either pvp or associated with the element, and just building worse versions of meta decks.

@ARTH: no

@kali: 1: earth i'd say. for deck building, besides whatever splash i see, i have a hard time using it in game. as a concept, i've never really understood its place. Fire as rush, water as control, air as utility/ability, but not earth. as a personal standpoint, i identify more with entropy; gamewise, death; irl superpowers, gravity; but i never had a spot for earth.

2: mrblonde and rob, both loyal to death and understand it well. blonde even taking it to a high tier in war. don't really pay much attention to previous trials, especially that far.

@spike: Strengths: bypass(poison) rush(midrange recluse and mummy) stall(sosac, bw)
Weaknesses: purify(yes) stalls(can only be beat by stallbreak/biggerstall/outrush; for death, unless predict, we can only get one of them) heavy control(but aren't all elements)
I know i missed hella
PC isn't as necessary, as poison can bypass shields and out damage healing, cc is fine with support elements like air's OE, as well as inelement plague, creatures are stock and standard, maybe a new wouldn't hurt, but definitely a support to skele's wouldn't hurt, maybe like command skeleton in oetg. death has no short range like damsels and gemfinders

@DC for Zyar: yes

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:43:42 am by asdw152 »
Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
War #10 Team Death
War #11 Team Entropy
War #12 War Master

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278738#msg1278738
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:27:49 pm »
Sorry if you took that personal DANIEELA, it was not my intention to be offensive.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

• Master of Air
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278740#msg1278740
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 09:36:11 pm »
Loool dani bringing the humour as always
Avvy by rob77dp

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278748#msg1278748
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 12:48:37 am »
Spoiler for Death thread questions:
Spoiler for ji:
-snip-
Are you afraid to die?
-snip-
ANS: No fear of death here.
Spoiler for CCC:
In many sports/events they often refer to one pool or bracket as the "group of Death" because of how stacked it is with strong challengers, and that is an accurate description of this Trial in so many ways.

ANS: Interesting and difficult hypothetical proposition there, CCC. I think you have parts of it in impossible chronological orders though. The Master of Death / General of Death is determined prior to anybody being drafted onto the team. If the General of Death drafts me onto the team then they are the one I'll follow as leader of the Team in upcoming War.
In order to (slightly) address your morbid curiosity portrayed in the impossible, yet still postulated, hypothetical:
DANI to see first-hand how she would lead the Team... she has once before but it was a War which I admit to being 99% disconnected from so did not get any sort of taste for how she led.
joey to see the working-out of the hunger and desire he displays to lead in War which I would then get to be part of.
asdw to see how he (a player which, a few Major Event Cycles ago, I saw a capability for becoming Master of Death) handles the position of leading a team in War on an element which he has been loyal too
Spoiler for Sub:
Question for rob: What is your favorite undead fictional monster type? (Lich, Mummy, Ghost, Zombie, Vampire, etc.) Any examples and why do you like them?
ANS: Skeleton. I have a long-standing affinity for skeleton- it started, I think, when I saw a list of least-used cards from actual deck/game statistics (not sure where that lives anymore) which had Skeleton at or near the bottom. So as a Death aficionado, and former Master, I decided to adopt it as my sort of go-to in-element representing myself in the game/forum. I have had several forum avatars over the years based on skeletons. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

Spoiler for Weeaboo:
Any opinions on Simon Belmont's addition to Smash? How will you protect your death creatures?
ANS: Simon ... what huh?!!? I'm sorry, I do not understand the subject, nature, or intent of this questioning...
Spoiler for Manuel:
ANS: The Auction/Draft will have a lot to say about who lands where, in addition to who is Master/General. I could easily see myself getting along just fine on a Death Team having all the current participants on the same team. *hugs*

Spoiler for All Elements thread questions:
Spoiler for ji:
What is your definition of Leadership
ANS: Empowering and enabling others to step into new roles and levels of responsibility by example and disposition.
Spoiler for Bas:
For everyone that Trials for their favourite element:
  • If you end up not becoming a Master for your favourite element, will you consider an approach from WMs to General your second-fave/third-fave/what-have-you element? (Quite unlikely, but hey :silly:)
    For the sake of argument, assume that you are not a WM yourself, just in case you're thinking 'I'm a WM, there's no way the WMs will approach me to Gen'.
-snip-
ANS: I would certainly consider it. I will openly state that accepting such a request, in that unlikely event, has a low chance but I would certainly consider it.
Spoiler for ARTH:
Will you participate in the next Brawl under the flag of your trialing element?
ANS: Unlikely. I have competed in (as Boss and as Team Member) Brawl several times, winning once as a Team Member. It is a fun event, and everybody involved with this game/forum should seriously consider participating _at least once_ to try it out. Given the other things that happen around this game and forum, and the schedule of life currently going on around me, I do not foresee having availability to truly give Brawl the kind of dedication I know it deserves from participants. Disclaimer: First time participants should have time set aside for it but do not be scared off by my previous statement, it mostly relates to the time investment deserving of the team Bosses in the event.
Spoiler for Kali:
1. Which element do you consider the anti-you?  Which ones rubs you the wrong way or resonates least with you personally?  Please help us understand why this is the case.

2.  Name two previous/current masters (you can include yourself if you wish) who you respect and have been excellent trialists, generals, and representatives of their element.  What traits do these two individuals share?  How are they different?

3.  This question is for anyone that has been a Master before.  Which is more psychologically challenging: winning the first Mastership or defending the Mastership?
ANS:
1. In strict "mono" aspect, Water is the obvious anti-Death given that Purify directly cancels out some strong Death pieces (Poison, Arsenic somewhat, Shard of Sacrifice). In a natural sense, Life is the correct answer as if you are not dead then you are alive, simply speaking. In a more general game sense, and in my view, 'stalling' elements tend to be Death's most difficult hurdle lacking in-element stall-break or burst damage and no PC in-element.

2. MrBlonde - he won a War as general of Death, circumstances are what they were. I've also grown fond over the years for his mic-drop-esque Farewell post never to be heard from again (other than Zanz, if there is a person among past Elements history that I wish most strongly to return MrBlonde is that person).
Shantu - I was quite new to the community and PVP scene when Shantu was Death General for War ?7?... he PM'd me in the chat to ask me if a 1-card bid from him was OK with me... well yeah, of course! He won me for 1-card and several rounds into that War he and I were conversing (forum PM's I believe) and he told me I was going to be the next Master of Death that he saw that in me. I was stunned, honored, and motivated!! I became the next Master of Death winning the 7th Trials of Death later that year.
* Fippe as a close 'next' but those reasons stem largely from the view of sheer input to things in the game/forum (Brawl Mastered, oetg input, sharing their own custom / card game with the community, etc).
Spoiler for DC:
Pose any trialist a targeted question (ie. specific to them). You may link it if you have already done so.
ANS: DANI- what is the top lesson you're willing to publicly share from having served as Death's General in the previous War?
Spoiler for Spike:
Everybody (should) know each Element has its own trait, its strength and weakness. Being a Master means to know them perfectly.

Said that, explain what's the strength and weakness of your Element, and, if you had the chance to add just one card (creature, spell, PC, CC, etc...) to your Element, what would it be and why?

Thanks.
ANS: Really great seeing a veteran (or retiree?) of the game coming back, for whatever length of stay and involvement you can do, Spike!

Strengths:
+ Great/inexpensive weapon -- Arsenic is two quanta to play with no upkeep/ability-cost and ramping damage that hits beyond the life of the weapon/permanent itself.

+ Good dragon with good supporting creature cast (Mummy un-upped, Recluse upped) -- 10|5 // 11|5 dragon for 10 quanta is good, nothing crazy and medium level hitters Mummy 5 ATK for 4 quanta unupped and 5 ATK Mummy for 3 and 6 ATK Recluse for 3 quanta upgraded is quite good- for a mono-rush very few can match the speed and potency of a Mono-death.

+ POISON -- shield bypass counterable strictly by only one card (Purify) and indirectly by healing... it gives rise to deck building such as Pandebonium (BW+Pande+Poison) and Bonebolt (BW+Lightning+Poison) etc.

+ A serviceable Nymph (Lady Greys!) -- all nymphs have somewhat high summon costs but Grey is an OK ability with decent attack and the only Death creature with solid HP.

+ Bone Wall -- a great shield, and still quite good even if you don't plan on killing anything to build counters. Almost always buys you at least one turn of damage prevention if not more.

+ Shard of Sacrifice -- a mainstay in FG grinders since its release years ago. Very few counters and only one direct counter (again, Purify), not much compares to the dread that comes over when you're about in two-turns-to-kill range rushing your heart out but the opponent drops a SoSac and your duel-victory slips away in that moment.

Weaknesses:
- NO PERMANENT CONTROL -- enough said.

- No healing -- urgh.

Chance to add 1x card to Death:
Maybe something like this n00b card (it is similar to a separate card idea for water...) as a direction to go for Death PC.
Spoiler for Zyardan (via DC on Discord):
Forwarded from Zyar over on Discord:

"What are you plans if you become master?"
Ans: All kinds of cool things will be going on in RL, but around here I plan to continue being involved in a handful of PVP events as free time allows (with an eye toward :death where sensible/reasonable), General-ing Death in next War (free time permitting), and considering Boss-ing in next Brawl (time permitting). Those last two are only possible if I become Master and the first I expect to do either way.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Just in case you're the type that is into PVP performance as an indicator of elemental Master worthiness, my record this Phase 2 is 11-1 (adjusted) and 11-3 (pre-deck checks) with a nifty 8-1 (9-0 pre-checks) in in-element!  8-)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:11:16 pm by rob77dp »
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

• Master of Air
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278749#msg1278749
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:55:58 am »
@dani give a gif for each death card
Avvy by rob77dp

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278758#msg1278758
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 07:23:55 am »
Question for rob: What is your favorite undead fictional monster type? (Lich, Mummy, Ghost, Zombie, Vampire, etc.) Any examples and why do you like them?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278815#msg1278815
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 11:18:54 pm »
Any opinions on Simon Belmont's addition to Smash? How will you protect your death creatures?
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66240.msg1278849#msg1278849
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 03:53:54 pm »

anything
blarg: