Poll

Who would be the best Master of Darkness?

bogtro
14 (22.6%)
Odii Odsen
18 (29%)
Annele
24 (38.7%)
Rutarete
6 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:27:06 pm

*Author

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011705#msg1011705
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 12:03:28 am »
To Bogtro and Rutarete: How does being in Team Darkness in War#5 change your PvP experience?

To Annele and Odii Odsen: From outsider's perspective, how did Team Darkness perform in War#5?

To all: How would you improve the community if you become the Master?
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011747#msg1011747
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:34 am »
Darkness is one of the most complete elements, but what is it missing? How would you patch this gap?

I don't see much cloak usage. Build me a deck with 4 of them!

What does the element of darkness mean to you?

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011764#msg1011764
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 02:31:18 am »
Hello! For those who are unaware of who I am, I am the one and only... bogtro(ll)! Last trials, I unsuccessfully challenged TorB in the final battle, losing 5-2. This time around, I come back stronger than ever before.

Any semi-educated voter will notice my effective disappearance during Phase 2. I'll explain this a bit. I was set to play 5 opponents during this phase. Restrictions weren't announced until the phase started, so I needed a few days to deckbuild before I was ready to play matches. That weekend, I had an event during which I had no internet access, so the earliest I could play was several days after the Phase began. After my return, I sent messages to all 5 of my opponents. Of these, 1 did not respond, 1 did not respond until very shortly before the deadline, 1 offered a single time (which was 5 AM for me) than dropped off communication, one gave a range of times but was not around during them, and one offered a titanpad link that had been dormant for many days.

Obviously, this does not absolve me of responsibility, but it provides some insight into why I was unable to complete matches. The final day of the deadline I was again away without access, which would not have been a problem had we not left it so late. I'm actually somewhat surprised that rulings weren't made in my favor for some of the matches, but so goes it (what is F anyway?).

Now that that's dealt with, let's move on. Assuming I do participate in the next War, which should happen barring any extremely inconvenient scheduling, it will be my 3rd and hopefully 2nd with Darkness. I spent War 4 with Team Earth under kirchj's guidance. During that time, we were effectively eliminated by Darkness, giving me some insight into preparing for them. The next War, after my unsuccessful Master bid, I was accepted onto the Darkness team under TorB. Darkness has almost always been my favorite element, though I slightly preferred Fire in my early days (but seriously, who didn't like Fire?). This time around, I make a second bid at becoming the Master of Darkness, hopefully with more success than last time.

So what can I offer over the other candidates? All 3 are well-qualified for the position, and all love Darkness. In such a crowd, I can offer PvP experience, both with Darkness, against Darkness, and generally, a willingness to put in the necessary effort, and some of the best RNG that elements has ever seen (ask ji =D). Simply put, I feel like I'm better qualified than the other candidates, and so I deserve your vote.

Now on to the audience!

Spoiler for Questions:
Spoiler for ji412jo (Finished):
1- ( to all challengers ) I would like to know if you guys have full upgraded darkness sets, and if not, how far you are to getting it.

I do not have fully upgraded darkness sets, but I have sufficient electrum to make one should I feel like it. I spend a lot of electrum on non-darkness cards for support (e.g. Ghosts).

2- ( Bogtro ) I've known you for a while now, and tbh i was rooting for you. how can you explain your semi-MIAness in phase 2?

Welp, see above. Hurricane+Busy Schedule+Opponents/Me procrastinating=epic fail. Thanks though :)

Spoiler for Gandora (Finished):
Question to everyone: If you had to do a  :darkness :water  deck, what strategy would it rely on and why? (Build the deck or just mention some cards and explain the synergies).

It is a sad reality that Water and Darkness have no direct synergies. The first deck that I thought of was some sort of way to utilize Nymph's Tears, which is really the backup plan for "hurr i have to use water here lets use tears and call it original trolool." With the recent buff to Nymphs, this is a viable strategy. Unfortunately, tears just doesn't work too well with Darkness. The nymphs it creates have no really good targets, are fragile, and expensive.

However, the below deck is surprisingly efficient, and illustrates the power of soft synergies:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5up 5up 5v1 5v1 5v1 606 606 606 606 606 606 8pp

Darkness is one of the few "complete" elements, having CC, PC, decent attackers, healing, soft CC/PC protection, denial, etc. However, it has a few weaknesses, namely that it is slower than other elements and it lacks efficient CC (Drain Life being pretty inferior to Fire Bolt by direct comparison). Squids mitigate both these issues, as it allows the deck to set up slower due to stalling, and they are one of the most efficient CC cards in the game. The Steals and Nightmares are interchangable for more offensive firepower, or perhaps a stiletto, but the idea is to deny everything (quanta, hand, creature field, permanent field) of the opponent.

For those not impressed with all kinds of talk trying to justify the deck, I'll just add that the winrate seems to be well over 80%, both from playtesting and simulation (the heck is Funny MMA pictures?), which doesn't play the deck particularly well.

Spoiler for Laxaderp (Finished):
Darkness is one of the complete elements, but it is generally a very slow element.  It takes time to get stuff going, and you don't see it having blazing fast rushes like death and fire.  Could you build a darkness "rush" with 2/3 in element cards? Upped is allowed.

Darkness really isn't a good rushing element, being more focused on control and consistency. However, upgraded it becomes far more efficient. Gargoyles in particular become 5:darkness for 7|3, which is quite a good deal. Vampires, while not a "rushy" card, are effectively 5:darkness for 8|3. Vampire dagger is 2:darkness for effectively 12 (!) damage.

The deck below is a slight modification of what I usually use for farming. In particular, Pests are replaced by Towers for speed, and the number of Steals are shrunk in order to speed up the deck.

7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t5 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7tb 7tb 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pt

Although this really isn't the fastest rush by any means (slightly under 8 TTW says the sim), but it more than makes up for it with consistency and great EM potential. Vampires, already fairly cost-efficient, as well as Daggers, provide enough healing that EMs are more dependent on what order your creatures attack than if you'll be able to outrush. The sim says well over a quarter of wins are EMs.

Spoiler for mrpaper (Finished):
What do you think is missing (if anything) in terms of darkness card to be a favorite for winning the war?

Darkness is generally regarded as one of the "complete" elements. In particular, it has decent attackers, PC, CC, healing, and denial. However, Darkness' only CC card is Drain Life, which is just a very ineffective card when compared to other bolts.

Some sort of effective single-target CC for Darkness, or even an AoE, would do much to propel it above other elements. The main weakness of Darkness is its ability to be consistently outrushed. It simply lacks the offensive firepower to keep up with rushes such as from Fire or Death. A more effective CC card would do much to curtail the inherent offensive firepower of such elements, and make such matchups far more balanced.

Spoiler for ARTHALLCAPSIOS (Finished):
to all candidates: Do you think Parasite is underpowered and underused? If yes, how it can be improved?

Parasite is the Darkness card most in need of a buff. While it has a useful ability, it necessitates a duo with Death. Compare to Toadfish, which is 5 :water for 6|4+infection, while Parasite is 2 :darkness for 1|1+infection. The only real use Parasite sees is in a Deathstalker+Nightfall deck, an experiment that I've used several times in PvP with little success.

Besides this, like I said last Trials, Parasite is misplaced in Darkness. The mechanic of infection fits far better in Death (hence the Death ability). Parasite has several ways to be buffed satisfactorily.

The most obvious way is simply buffing the stats. Parasite being something like 3|2 (4|2 upped) would cause it to see far more use, as the offensive capability of decks utilizing it goes way up. Another simple fix is to make the card a "mono-card," e.g. where the ability activation cost matches the summoning cost. This would probably be better done by making Parasite a death creature than making the ability Darkness, as it would seem to fit better in that element.

Spoiler for Absol (Finished):
To Bogtro and Rutarete: How does being in Team Darkness in War#5 change your PvP experience?

Being a member of the team (and General for a brief period :P) helped me to get a stronger sense of the PvP scene from Darkness' point of view. Though I have significant PvP experience, much of which utilized Darkness, there doesn't really exist any PvP event on the magnitude of War. I believe that being on the previous War team helps me to be better qualified to lead such a team, especially as little has changed in the way of War-legal changes since last war.

Well, the most important part of being a Master is being War general, which really is what Trials is about. Anything else that a Master can do to improve the community can be done just the same as a non-master, such as deckhelp and reviews which I would plan on doing.. That said, as Master I will cut the national debt in half, drop unemployment under 5.5%, establish healthcare for everyone, champion small business, establish new trade routes with Latin America, get energy independent, and do a bunch of other stuff that I'll decide on after you vote for me.

Spoiler for furballdn (Finished):
Darkness is one of the most complete elements, but what is it missing? How would you patch this gap?

This is very similar to mrpaper's question. Like I said there, it lacks both effective CC and rush potential (see Lax's question). This gap can be patched easily - either rework Drain Life or introduce a new card so that Darkness has CC as effective as Fire Bolt, Rage Potion, or Lightning. Also a possibility is to add an additional source of midrange attacker (in addition to Gargoyle), which would significantly increase the rush potential.

Cloak could use a minor buff, but it is still a very underrated card. Many decks that I use utilize cloak because Darkness' creatures are so fragile. Admittedly though, I usually use them when I'm playing against an opponent that I can expect to bring control.

5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5uo 5uo 5up 5up 5v2 5v2 5v2 5v2 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 8pt

A fairly simple beatdown. Black Dragons are pretty strong, but they suffer from relatively low HP which make them fragile. Cloak removes this weakness, and allows big 10-atk beatsticks to smash down on your opponent.

Pure awesomeness. When Darkness works, it wins with little risk, while still keeping games exciting enough to be interesting. The combination of fun and efficiency makes Darkness my favorite element to play with.
Spoiler for Elbirn (Finished):
My question to all of you: Do you think you can lead Darkness to win War 6, and why? Say I wound up on your team. What makes you qualified to lead me? What makes you worthy of replacing ToRB?

Darkness does have the potential to be a war winner, and I think that I have the experience to lead such a team. While some elements such as Fire or Aether can be said to be "stronger," Darkness is always a perennial contender which only needs a small shove to finish on top.

I've participated in two wars now, one with Darkness and one without. This gives me unique perspective into preparation with Darkness and preparation against Darkness, allowing me to effectively strategize both ways.

Replacing TorB is obviously a huge challenge. However, assuming he doesn't return to defend, it has to be done by somebody. Given this, the question is no longer who can replace TorB, but who can best fill the empty seat left by TorB. This may seem like meaningless semantics, but there is a real difference.

In addition, I too would like to know how you plan on contributing to the community in general. There is more to Mastership than war after all, and I'd like to see some glory brought to this element.

See my response to Absol.

Spoiler for deuce22 (Finished):
To those not named Annele, why should I vote for you given your inconsistent performance in phases 1 and 2? (please don't write a book)

Well, see above for my explanation of what happened in Phase 2. Given that I really didn't do battles this phase for reasons above, the next closest thing we can look at is last Trials' battles. During those, my performance was strong against high-end PvPers. I've done fairly well in most PvP events, and do well in other PvP-related areas.

In terms of Phase 1, not really sure what you're referring to. I scored 9 points, same as Annele, and my format for task 3 was evidently so good that it was also used by other submissions (furball/Cal). Since this is a pretty strong result and I like to think the work was quite good (you may disagree, but I wouldn't really change anything in hindsight), let's utilize it as an example of what I can do with the proper internet access and time.

Of the contestants in these Trials, I am the only one who participated in Darkness Trials last season. I was also on the Darkness war team, which finished fairly well. Both of these speak towards my qualifications. The timing of the unfortunate events were... unfortunate, but assuming that a power-sucking hurricane won't tear by again during mastership, I shouldn't have that issue.

Annele is definitely a hard worker, but the fact remains that being a master is mostly about effectively leading a war team. As far as I can tell, it must be said that Annele's PvP experience, especially with Darkness, is limited. While this doesn't in of itself mean that she wouldn't be a good master, experience is usually helpful. 

Spoiler for Avenger (Finished):
To all: If you become master, will you have enough time to be a general? If not, whom do you plan to make a general (if you already got some idea)?

Most likely, yes. If for some reason I don't have the time, I'd probably appoint whoever I beat in final battle, or maybe just ji.

Small update: As of 8:46 PM EST 11/1/2012, all questions in-thread have been answered. I'll be going away tomorrow with limited internet access until Monday, so any questions between now and then may not get answered for a bit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:47:40 am by bogtro »
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011776#msg1011776
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 03:59:29 am »
Darkness has always been my favorite element. It's where I started the game, it's the element I feel I have the best grasp of, it's the most balanced and complete, and it's where my loyalties lie. If I don't wind up in war, I'll be rooting for Darkness. If I do wind up in war, I'd want most of all to be on Team Darkness.

So clearly I'm looking for a darkness victory this war. My question to all of you: Do you think you can lead Darkness to win War 6, and why? Say I wound up on your team. What makes you qualified to lead me? What makes you worthy of replacing ToRB?

In addition, I too would like to know how you plan on contributing to the community in general. There is more to Mastership than war after all, and I'd like to see some glory brought to this element.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011781#msg1011781
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 04:50:26 am »
Annele seems to be running away with darkness trials so far.

To those not named Annele, why should I vote for you given your inconsistent performance in phases 1 and 2? (please don't write a book)

To Annele, do you prefer dogs or cats? And why?

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011831#msg1011831
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
to all candidates: Do you think Parasite is underpowered and underused? If yes, how it can be improved?

I think Parasite is underpowered and underused. Bloodsucker is balanced.
Reduce cost to 1  :darkness instead of 2  :darkness or better increase the dmg from 1|1 to 2|1.

To Annele and Odii Odsen: From outsider's perspective, how did Team Darkness perform in War#5?

Darkness is often underestimated, thatswhy its one of the most dangerous elements. I liked the decks darkness played last war and if I remember correctly, darkness was #5.

How to improve the community? Hm good question, I would begin to replace the aether banner with der darkness one...

I think I already answered your first question.

Cloak is a beautiful card, a bit underpowered, because mass CC destroys it. Cloak works pefect with adrenavampire.
Spoiler for Hidden:
7t4 7t4 7ta 7ta 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80e 8pu

Darkness was my first element. Darkness was the first Deck I built. It was a mono darkness. I played mono darkness over a year without switching my deck. The first 30 cards I upgraded were Darkness. Darkness ist nostalgia for me.

Darkness has always been my favorite element. It's where I started the game, it's the element I feel I have the best grasp of, it's the most balanced and complete, and it's where my loyalties lie. If I don't wind up in war, I'll be rooting for Darkness. If I do wind up in war, I'd want most of all to be on Team Darkness.

So clearly I'm looking for a darkness victory this war. My question to all of you: Do you think you can lead Darkness to win War 6, and why? Say I wound up on your team. What makes you qualified to lead me? What makes you worthy of replacing ToRB?

If I wouldn't think I can win war #6 I wouldn't go for darkness trials. Why? Because I'm Odii Odsen. Replacing ToRB isn't an easy thing, but I have enough PvP experience to make this. I would offer more time in war, than in trials of course  :D
I have not thought about the last point.

Annele seems to be running away with darkness trials so far.

I was busy during Phase 1, Phase 2 didn't allow me to show my strength. I wasn't prepared. Everything took too long and then went too fast. I couldn't finish my game with Annele. Bogtro wants points from me and I really don't know why. I wrote him a pm, he answered me shortly before deadline. I guess he has another timezone. One time I was in chat when he was, but he didn't write back. Ruta was very busy - it's okay.

You should vote for me, because I still could not prove in trials.  (and maybe because I have PvP experience and I offer very much time to test decks, variations and more. You should vote for me, if you need any competion next war  ;) )
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1011947#msg1011947
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:16 pm »
Furbs - I shall make you several decks :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1012278#msg1012278
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57:01 pm »
To all: If you become master, will you have enough time to be a general? If not, whom do you plan to make a general (if you already got some idea)?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1012317#msg1012317
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »
I've been wondering about that. Depending on how serious about college I am at the time, maybe not. I'd make either one if my fellow competitors here or a previous darkness war member general.
My Decks

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1012525#msg1012525
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »
( All ) If you had to take a card from any element and make it darkness, which would it be? ( ghost not allowed )

(Bog) Ok, I can understand your situation and why your semimia. If I met you in chat, would you be ready to play that darkness vs death phase 2 match that i was so much looking forward to?

(Odii) Ok cool :). Because what I think is most important in a master is that people know who he really is. Speaking about what we think is most important in a master, what is your opinion?

(Annele) If you had the opportunity to steal points from your competitors to hae an edge in the final battle, would you do it?

(Ruta) Nightfall already helps death/darness syergies a lot. Could you create another card the reinforces that synergy?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1012534#msg1012534
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »
( All ) If you had to take a card from any element and make it darkness, which would it be? ( ghost not allowed )

(Ruta) Nightfall already helps death/darness syergies a lot. Could you create another card the reinforces that synergy?
Darkness steals ALL the cards!

Dune Scorpion for the in-element buff OPness!

But seriously now, I'll take Mind Flayer, as a mad scientist. It doesn't fit in water very well, and would promote darkness-Aether synergy.

Working on the second question.

I'm thinking of something like a Torch of Life. Or of Light, haven't decided. It would be a permanent that gives a boost to :light (and :life) with the ability :death :death Sacrifice this card to remove the presence of Light and Life. The boost would be +x|+x, where x = the torch's cost. The cost would be 1 | 2. Lastly, removing the presence (until I think of a better way to phrase it,) means that the creatures affected by it gain -2x/-2x. So they can gain +1/+1 and lose +2/+2, or +2/+2 and -4/-4.

With it like this, the card can be used as either a buff or control.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:15:40 pm by Rutarete »
My Decks

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44393.msg1012566#msg1012566
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

I have enough time, yes.

(Odii) Ok cool :). Because what I think is most important in a master is that people know who he really is. Speaking about what we think is most important in a master, what is your opinion?

I confirm your opinion. Real talk in team conversations is very important.
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

anything
blarg: