*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254162#msg254162
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:56 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254221#msg254221
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:57:53 pm »
Well, I might as well ask some questions.

@Torb: You've shown love for your element and proved yourself victorious in phase 2. Now, why do you want to continue onto kael and be master of :darkness? If so, what makes you think you can do a better job than kael will, if he stays?

@ji: You seem like the underdog here, do you think you still have what it takes to move onto kael, by surpassing torb and taking the role as master?

@wizard: I don't know much about you, but simple question, why do you want to be master and what makes fuels your desire to win these trials?

@kael: Do you think that these challengers will be able to do a better job then you have leading :darkness?
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254239#msg254239
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »
I really like Darkness and have hopefully proven my worth by now in previous phases.
All I ask for now is a vote, a vote that will hopefully result in an equal match against Kael Hate, and that the best may win. I would not be satisfied if either of us would win sheerly due to an upgrade advantage.

And why would you grant me my wish? For I like Darkness. Why do I like Darkness? At first I was attracted to the fact it appeared evil and black: the stereotype of how Darkness is looked upon. Yet using the element I got familiar with it, fond even, looking beyond the stereotype. I find no other element to be as complete by itself as Darkness is.... although that in no way implies tunnel vision on my part, for I'm willing to look beyond Darkness itself, and find cards from other elements that work well with it.

The choice is yours, I have made my point and can only hope you will vote for me. If there is anything more you wish to know, do tell.

As a last thing I present to you my precious collection of Darkness cards:
(http://imageplay.net/)
Indeed, I used my sole tourney win to get that Mark.

Kael Hate

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254267#msg254267
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:46:20 pm »
@kael: Do you think that these challengers will be able to do a better job then you have leading :darkness?
No.

TorB is the best of these IMO, but that doesn't make him a Master.
We have talked and should he make it to face me then we will boith put in our best effort.
If he bests me then he deserved it, if he doesn't I'll probably still hire him for the next War.

I really like Darkness and have hopefully proven my worth by now in previous phases.
All I ask for now is a vote, a vote that will hopefully result in an equal match against Kael Hate, and that the best may win. I would not be satisfied if either of us would win sheerly due to an upgrade advantage.

And why would you grant me my wish? For I like Darkness. Why do I like Darkness? At first I was attracted to the fact it appeared evil and black: the stereotype of how Darkness is looked upon. Yet using the element I got familiar with it, fond even, looking beyond the stereotype. I find no other element to be as complete by itself as Darkness is.... although that in no way implies tunnel vision on my part, for I'm willing to look beyond Darkness itself, and find cards from other elements that work well with it.

The choice is yours, I have made my point and can only hope you will vote for me. If there is anything more you wish to know, do tell.

You need more Nymphs, lol.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254298#msg254298
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:17:08 pm »
I think Kael would be the best master of Darkness.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254304#msg254304
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:47 pm »
What does the Element Darkness symbolize? (Be precise, concise and complete)
What types of cards does Darkness need in game to finish covering the Element Darkness?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254311#msg254311
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:27:41 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Darkness symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254327#msg254327
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 05:38:49 pm »
I have questioned the maturity of people in other trials, but I can honestly say that I have no need for that here.  This is a credit to all of you and I suspect that it is due to (1) how much patience it takes to truly understand darkness and (2) how much respect the community as a whole has for Kael, and rightfully so.

That being said, what can you bring to the element that hasn't been already?  Kael, you've been master for a while now, and seem to embody everything that darkness is, but can you embrace the other elements as well in order to strengthen your own element?

To the challengers:  You have a tall task in front of you.  As I said before, Kael truly embodies :darkness and has a library of cards that people simply cannot compete with.  What can you do or bring to the table that he cannot?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254352#msg254352
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:01:16 pm »
What types of cards does Darkness need in game to finish covering the Element Darkness?
Above all, I think Darkness symbolizes taking the strength of your opponent, and using it against him/herself this includes most of Darkness' cards. It also includes mystery, and evasion, hence cards like Dusk Mantle and Cloak.

What Darkness does not have yet is a way to directly use the opponents' creatures against him/herself. Sure, you can achieve this with Voodoo Doll + Gravity Pull, but Darkness cannot do this on it's own yet. Although letting Dolls gravity Pull itself would be overpowered, Darkness would be complete on itself by allowing something similar.
I intend to do for Darkness whatever I can do, though I do not fully know what that is at this point. I do intend to do my very best to represent Darkness in pvp events and competitions, to make sure Darkness is not forgotten, but acknowledged as a powerful element. Although it already is, I do intend to keep it that way, and try to make it acknowledged even more.
I have questioned the maturity of people in other trials, but I can honestly say that I have no need for that here.  This is a credit to all of you and I suspect that it is due to (1) how much patience it takes to truly understand darkness and (2) how much respect the community as a whole has for Kael, and rightfully so.

That being said, what can you bring to the element that hasn't been already?  Kael, you've been master for a while now, and seem to embody everything that darkness is, but can you embrace the other elements as well in order to strengthen your own element?

To the challengers:  You have a tall task in front of you.  As I said before, Kael truly embodies :darkness and has a library of cards that people simply cannot compete with.  What can you do or bring to the table that he cannot?
The best way to prove I can compete is through this final battle. Claiming I could simply beat Kael would be sheer arrogance, all I ask for is a fair chance for an equal fight. It's already obvious a lot of people will vote for Kael, I do not blame them, but only time can tell. I just hope it's not by sheer upgrades that I would be defeated, nothing would sadden me more.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254380#msg254380
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »
Many people see Darkness for its 1337 h4xxor shield and Pests. How could you prove to them that darkness is better than what they think?

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254402#msg254402
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
Many people see Darkness for its 1337 h4xxor shield and Pests. How could you prove to them that darkness is better than what they think?
I can easily build decks without relying on any of those cards, although nice additions, I seldom rely on just them. Just look at my trial decks: how many of them used Dusk Shield? Only one. Pests are useful, but are useless on their own. They are cheap support and useful for all kinds of things, but Darkness is more than just Pests. Here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18088.0.html)'s my favorite elder grinder which does not rely on either of them.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20043.msg254450#msg254450
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »

@Torb: You've shown love for your element and proved yourself victorious in phase 2. Now, why do you want to continue onto kael and be master of :darkness? If so, what makes you think you can do a better job than kael will, if he stays?

@ji: You seem like the underdog here, do you think you still have what it takes to move onto kael, by surpassing torb and taking the role as master?

@wizard: I don't know much about you, but simple question, why do you want to be master and what makes fuels your desire to win these trials?

Well, first of all, if I thought I didnt't have what it takes I wouldn't have joined trials in the first place. I may not be that old with the community, but I've been playing with darkness way before you guys started to know me. Could I beat torb and face kael in those trials? I will be honest, probably not. This would take way too much votes. But I will do my best to show them the best of me, show them what I am able to do until next trials.
No.

TorB is the best of these IMO, but that doesn't make him a Master.
We have talked and should he make it to face me then we will boith put in our best effort.
If he bests me then he deserved it, if he doesn't I'll probably still hire him for the next War.

You need more Nymphs, lol.
I find it pretty offensing that you do not even consider me and Wizardcat here Kael. But we shall prove you wrong.
In my opinion, darkness represents the shadows, and the subtility. Dusk Mantle and cloak show very well we can hide anywhere, and Steal shows that you should never let your permanents unprotected.

Hm wait, 2nd question is what darkness needs if it had a new card? a rushing creature!!! :P
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Darkness symbolise for you?
For the symbolisation, I believe i pretty much answered with OldTrees' question
What will I do for this element as a master?
Ill make sure nobody underestimates darkness. Ill show them all the power hidden deep within it.
But also, Ill be there for the community. If anybody wants to test a deck, or wants me to help them build a darkness deck, or even a darkness card idea.

In all honesty, I'd need to know Kael a little more. Having very differing time zones, i barely see him at all. But I'd trying being more attentive to the community. I don't know if he was busy all the time, but ive seen a couple people ask him questions without him answering for the few times in chat while i was there. Me included.
Actually, i would have added steal in that list of yours, as it seems to be way more popular, but I'll answer anyway.
Personally, I know I might go a little with what torb said, but I dont think they are needed. We can build many decks without using them. Even though I love pests, they are far from irreplacable.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

anything
blarg: