*Author

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg141027#msg141027
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:15 am »
Lol i had no idea how old you were Bloodshadow but when Kael said "child" it made me think you were 12.
I am approximately 17.5 years old. Why would a 12-year-old worry about applying to universities? ;)
Hey some 12-year olds are really smart.  ;) But yeah i knew you weren't that young but "child" is pretty demeaning to any person over the age of 13-14.

Kael Hate

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg141048#msg141048
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2010, 02:19:09 am »
Upped cards didn't really matter in the last Trial. Last time, Mini had some upped cards while I had none, and I don't think it made ANY difference at all. We were playing mirror matches, so it was basically luck that decided the winner.

My parents are slightly more lax on me now, so I don't think there will be any problems... I hope.

No offense taken from your post, Kael, but do not call me a child; there is a difference between "child" and "teenager". And I'm almost eighteen years old anyways. Doesn't it make you look stupid if you are competing for some title against a child?
In Australia, A child is anyone under the age of 18. You can't hold a licence, you can't legally drink alcohol and you have no legal independant rights. When you turn 18 you become a Man and Adult, and until then you are still a Boy and still a child.

There is a difference between Teenager and Child. A child is someone who has not reached maturity (which is 18 here) and a teenager is a person aged in their teens. You're still a child at seventeen.

I've been bested by children and the elderly and those of all ages before. It will be disapointing if I lose but thats the result of the game and I'll have to try harder the next time. Experience can always lose to luck and knack. Any poker player knows that.

Lets Hope there are no issues and the games can be played fairly.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg141080#msg141080
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2010, 03:28:23 am »
I don't know about you and your dictionary definitions, but when I hear "child" I think of ages between 5 and 13; when I hear "teenager", I think of 13-18.

And I never said losing to a child is stupid; I said competing with a child is, at least in real life. On the internet things aren't as well-defined, but in real life I don't think I would ever compete against a 12-year-old kid.

Hey some 12-year olds are really smart.  ;)
Much as I want to be, I'm not a genius child-prodigy who goes to university at 12 :P

To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

anything
blarg: