*Author

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134631#msg134631
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:45:37 pm »
I'm voting for Bloodshadow for various reasons, including this one:

Demons aren't necessarily evil. Darkness isn't necessarily evil. At least I disagree on THAT part of the stereotype. No, scratch that; I HATE that part of the stereotype.

And in addition to vote you get a Seal of Awesome Scarab.

First of all, I'm a good daemon, and the creator of the philosophy of D4HKN355, so I know what you're talking about.

Second, Zanz on purpose called these elements light and darkness, not good and evil.

Third, Bloodshadow was/will-be a great master and he is the great Darkness. (oh, being a master of time and having access to past present and future is great)
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134634#msg134634
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:17 pm »
I didn't like when Kael said that he just wanted more power through a master title, whatever it was, after a nice introduction telling of his photophobia.

Can you correct me if I am wrong?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134638#msg134638
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:55 pm »
Thank you for your support, Xinef. No more karma, though; I wouldn't want to upset SG or confuse newbies.

No deep philosophical questions yet? Come on, I love philosophical debates... somewhat.

I didn't like when Kael said that he just wanted more power through a master title, whatever it was, after a nice introduction telling of his photophobia.

That was when he ran for Master of Time, I think. His eventual goal is the Grand Master. And I have to say, the photophobia isn't all that necessary.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134645#msg134645
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 08:54:31 pm »
Thank you for your support, Xinef. No more karma, though; I wouldn't want to upset SG or confuse newbies.

No deep philosophical questions yet? Come on, I love philosophical debates... somewhat.

That was when he ran for Master of Time, I think. His eventual goal is the Grand Master. And I have to say, the photophobia isn't all that necessary.
The photophobia thing created a nice atmosphere.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134663#msg134663
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 09:08:18 pm »
True, but it doesn't make him more "worthy". But again, me making that poster with original art doesn't make me more worthy either...

Oh well. Relevant or not, I'm still gonna put it here.

Offline Wizardcat

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134674#msg134674
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »
Bloodshadow gets my vote. Xinef's post mostly sums up why.
The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Malduk

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134675#msg134675
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »
Bloodshadow. This dude was here promoting Darkness as long as I remember. Never fought him, never talked to him, and yet I connect his name to the element.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134695#msg134695
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »
Kael, of course. He is best suited for the job. If you don't believe me, go look at the card suggestion area.

I look at it this way: I can either vote for Kael, who dedicates a lot of time and effort into the forum/community and is superb at it; Bloodshadow, who makes lots of art and is literally crazy about darkness in general; or kilfer, who I know nothing about.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134722#msg134722
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »
Just a quick question to each of the contestants of this one - hopefully, everyone will respond/answer my question to give me a better idea of who to vote for. ^^; (Just remember - no answer = no vote from me ;) )

Q: All of you have different opinions of how Darkness should be thematically. That said, could you name a game mechanic, ability, or idea that would contradict your concept of what Darkness is really about?

bojengles77

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134762#msg134762
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:21 pm »
I vote for bloodshadow. He seems to exemplify :darkness, while Kael seems to exemplify evil. There's a significant difference.

killfer8

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134858#msg134858
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:46 am »
its official, i wont win

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10928.msg134860#msg134860
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 03:25:01 am »
I vote for bloodshadow. He seems to exemplify :darkness, while Kael seems to exemplify evil. There's a significant difference.
LOL. This quote is instant win. :P

And if anyone says Darkness = evil, I will be very angry. No element is evil; the moral alignment of an element is determined by its user. Darkness may be selfish, but it is never evil.

Q: All of you have different opinions of how Darkness should be thematically. That said, could you name a game mechanic, ability, or idea that would contradict your concept of what Darkness is really about?
I'm not sure if I understand, Kuroaitou, because there are lots of game mechanics that contradict my conception of Darkness. I hope you can clarify your question a bit more, but right now your question is a bit vague so I'll give you a vague answer: destruction contradicts my theme of Darkness. Darkness is about taking from your opponent, and using his own strength against him; Darkness does not destroy, it takes. If my opponent loses something, and I don't get something back, then that loss of value is against my conception of Darkness. Which is why I think Darkness is not Void and Nihilism.

anything
blarg: