6 (9.4%)
Odii Odsen
26 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:23:15 pm

*Author

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082776#msg1082776
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 02:24:24 am »
Bogtro: Are you ever gonna fix the foot?

Opsinis

Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082810#msg1082810
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 04:41:25 am »
ji412jo: Name 3 of your qualities that you need to improve on to be a (more) effective leader.

Annele: How on earth will you balance school, curating, and the responsibilities of a Master?

bogtro: Evaluate your Master-ship after war. What will you do differently, how is it a poor example of the way you plan to Master darkness this time?

Odii: Would becoming a master be the sole thing that keeps you here?
If so, should I vote for someone so close to leaving? Explain.   If not, what other things are keeping you here?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:07:50 am by Opsinis »

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082830#msg1082830
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 06:31:23 am »
It is obvious who has my vote, although I do not agree with everything on said individual. Oh well, hope you prove me wrong and I get to like ALL the parts.

(Because now it's almost there. Almost.)

ji412jo, you pointed out flaws for everyone in these polls, except yourself. Can you point out your biggest flaw?

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082837#msg1082837
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 06:50:17 am »
:darknessbig ANNELE :darknessbig

First of all, I apologise for not being the most active person in the world. I have a Science internal this week that I was studying for over the last fortnight. Thankfully though, it's my only internal this year, and next year there shouldn't be too many either (I'm still not 100% on how NCEA works). It's just extremely bad luck that it was scheduled during trials, they didn't even tell us when it was going to be until after I'd signed up.
HOWEVER.
I am still 110% committed to winning, and being the best master Darkness has seen.

Spoiler for Q&A:
Annele: How on earth will you balance school, curating, and the responsibilities of a Master?

Now that we have two (extremely wonderful) new Curators, and I am not doing all the work, Curating should not be an issue.
School is a bit trickier, but after this internal the only exams we have are at the end of the year, and I will make sure to give notice of this.

Nelly, as far as I know, lacks a bit in the activity department, it took her quite a while to answer for trials, dark guild and dark brawl team i have been told were on the inactive side.

I know this isn't a question, but I'll answer it anyway. Something happened during Brawl - I don't know what - but half my team disappeared. Shadow, Rutarete and I were forced to try and cope with the workload by ourselves, (dtd thankfully did his part when he joined) which meant a lower standard.
Guild - I have no idea what the heck is happening here.

Annele: Is someone approaches you and says 'Elements is not a game for girls.' or 'You're too young to represent an element.', What would you say/do? [Note: I don't imply that I'm one of those people, heck, I think you're a great person :)]

Punch them in the face? Lol, I'd probably yell at them and get them to give reasons why they think that (I'm all for reasons) then leave them standing there feeling stupid. Or I'd challenge them to a match, and laugh while they got their pants thrashed off.

@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

Yes I do. I believe what Darkness needs is a fresh opinion, and that's what  can give.
Lies by Billy Talent?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Lies make it better
Lies are forever
Lies to hold on to
Lies to wake up to...

I don't think a song can completely cover Darkness as an Element in EtG, simply because it's just so intricate and most songs these days are soppy love-songs anyway.
Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

Of course! That's the point of becoming a Master, isn't it? To boldly lead your Element into battle, and win!

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

Day Traitors. Even light cannot withstand the corrupting hands of Darkness!
It's also a really fun deck to play vs the AI.

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Well, as a Kiwi, I know all about co-ordinating time zones. I plan to make sure I can be available when I'm needed, even if it means losing sleep. (Night is the time of Darkness anyway, right?)

Let's make them throw some mud,

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

*makes some popcorn and sits back*

Bogtro, ONLY because he's had his chance to bring Darkness to victory and didn't manage it.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

The game, obviously, because how the heck to you plan to win War with no knowledge of PvP events at all?

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

I love reading darker sorts of books, ones with deeper, scarier themes, and I also love sleeping, which is best done in the dark.

@All Trialists:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

Of course not! Darkness is the best, and I never settle for second-best.

To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Dark Ritual
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Sacrifice a creature to lower the cost of all your cards and abilities by one for this turn.
NAME:
Corrupted Ritual
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Sacrifice a creature to lower the cost of all your cards and abilities by two for this turn.

ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1414335
IDEA:

NOTES:
Darkness is strong in all areas, unlike other elements which excel in just one or two. Its main weakness is its costly cards, so a way to rectify this would be to give it a card that allows it rush. Just sacrifice a bloodsucker, and you can have Vampires for just 3 :darkness each!
SERIES:

To all  :darkness trialers:
Which EtG card (from any element) represents the darkest thing in real life ?

Like Odii said, it'd have to be Black Hole. Nightfall may be dark, but there are still stars and the moon to give light. Nothing escapes a Black Hole.

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.

Do you mean a question that's impossible to answer? Or one that I just don't know the answer to?
Either way, I can't answer the question, "What is tan90"? Because dividing by 0 is impossible, and impossible to get my head around.

Which non-Darkness card to you like best? Why?
Do you think Darkness has or should have a similar card?

Chaos Seed/Power; a card that's guaranteed to benefit you, the the extent of which is random. Controlled randomness.
I don't think darkness should have a card like it though. Darkness Elementals know their intentions.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:10:58 am by Annele »
Beware the Darkness.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082867#msg1082867
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 11:57:57 am »
It is obvious who has my vote, although I do not agree with everything on said individual. Oh well, hope you prove me wrong and I get to like ALL the parts.

(Because now it's almost there. Almost.)

ji412jo, you pointed out flaws for everyone in these polls, except yourself. Can you point out your biggest flaw?
ji412jo: Name 3 of your qualities that you need to improve on to be a (more) effective leader.

bogtro: Evaluate your Master-ship after war. What will you do differently, how is it a poor example of the way you plan to Master darkness this time?

Odii: Would becoming a master be the sole thing that keeps you here?
If so, should I vote for someone so close to leaving? Explain.   If not, what other things are keeping you here?

I will start by naming a flaw I have, and I guess it is also something I have to improve. I tend to be very egoistic in the sense that anytime we have a conversation, I feel the need to bring it back to myself. No matter what the subject is, I need it to come back to me. I guess I want attention, as well.

secondly, I need to become more mean. I am a nice person and tend to help my opponents all the time, like bogtro in master's tourny, like the entropy guild in the time challenge, etc.

thirdly, I need to blame RNG less and work more on my PvP skills.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

Neither, in my opinion a master should be able to work on everything. Though, if i really have a choice, I would rather he be well-versed in the forum only.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

I am someone that would much prefer live at night than in the day, if i had the choice. Stupid sunlight blinding me like no tomorrow when I get outside >.>
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:03:53 pm by ji412jo »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Aethemera, aether et lux
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082884#msg1082884
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 01:38:52 pm »
bogtro: 'Darkness is merely the absence of light.' Evaluate this statement.

jijo: Darkness is associated with thievery, deception, betrayal and surreptitiousness. Why would you want to represent such a malicious element?

Annele: Is someone approaches you and says 'Elements is not a game for girls.' or 'You're too young to represent an element.', What would you say/do? [Note: I don't imply that I'm one of those people, heck, I think you're a great person :)]

Odii: Darkness in Latin is tenebraum. Although Latin is gone, its strong essence influences the languages of Western Europe and Romania. Tener is Spanish for 'have' and '(Eu) Tenho' is Portuguese for '(I) have'. Hence it can be implied that 'having something' can be associated with 'darkness'. Do you believe in this statement? Why or not?
Ignotum venit retro vivere. :aether :light

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082893#msg1082893
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »
bogtro: 'Darkness is merely the absence of light.' Evaluate this statement.

jijo: Darkness is associated with thievery, deception, betrayal and surreptitiousness. Why would you want to represent such a malicious element?

Odii: Darkness in Latin is tenebraum. Although Latin is gone, its strong essence influences the languages of Western Europe and Romania. Tener is Spanish for 'have' and '(Eu) Tenho' is Portuguese for '(I) have'. Hence it can be implied that 'having something' can be associated with 'darkness'. Do you believe in this statement? Why or not?

Darkness is such an element, indeed. I look all nice and stuff, help everyone, even my enemies, for a while. But when it is time for me to ascend, I strike, and stab, and not look back.

As they say, keep your allies close, and your enemies closer.

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082904#msg1082904
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »
ji412jo:  You're the leader of my Death Guild. (Hail, Commander!)
How will that affect your loyalties should you become Master of Darkness?

I have a related question:
Why do you display a Death-associated avatar when trialing for Darkness ?
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082906#msg1082906
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »
ji412jo:  You're the leader of my Death Guild. (Hail, Commander!)
How will that affect your loyalties should you become Master of Darkness?

I have a related question:
Why do you display a Death-associated avatar when trialing for Darkness ?

To me, it describes both. You can see the reaper that is related to death, but he's in the darkness, in the night, related to the darkness.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

Nope. I would have kept grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding again if needed, to make sure that I would have enough points to be in the top 4 staying in the darkness trials.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:49:16 pm by ji412jo »

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082938#msg1082938
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »
ji:  It's good to hear that you put in a significant amount of effort to prevent yourself from being exempt from these Trials like last time.  If you had succeeded in becoming Master of Death do you think you would still have attempted to become Master of Darkness during these Trials?

Note:  I'm not really looking for a specific answer here, I'm just genuinely curious to hear what you have to say.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082941#msg1082941
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »
ji:  It's good to hear that you put in a significant amount of effort to prevent yourself from being exempt from these Trials like last time.  If you had succeeded in becoming Master of Death do you think you would still have attempted to become Master of Darkness during these Trials?

Note:  I'm not really looking for a specific answer here, I'm just genuinely curious to hear what you have to say.

It was clear to me since the very start that I was not becoming death master. Having a 14 upgrade disadvantage, and shantu being a better death player than me made me realize that quickly. But Now, let's go into the ... what if.

I think I would have defended. If i were able to show i was very good with death and that people start putting some respect in me as a death master, I don't want to just sign out. In my eyes, it is important for a master to stay as long as he doesn't get defeated, to be sure that the next master really deserves his spot.

That being said, nothing against you will, I know real life has precedence over elements and it is totally understandable.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1083037#msg1083037
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »
To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Don't know if the idea has been done before, and i will be honest i didn't look through CIA to know because I'm not sure how i would find it. Basically, It is like fire shield, but removes atk instead of def. What does that do? Well It reduces your opponent's attack power over time, letting you heal it all back with vamps and daggers.

edit: I'm a derp , I'm a derpy derp and I'm a derp and I'll try not to derp again!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:45:44 pm by ji412jo »

anything
blarg: