Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:23:15 pm

*Author

Offline OnizukaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082667#msg1082667
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:22:37 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082668#msg1082668
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23:14 pm »
Answer to jenkar : Yes. Why? will be answered throughout this post
song : 

Hello Everybody, I am ji412jo, this is my 3rd time attempting those darkness trials and I hope the first one succeeding. I have loved darkness for ever, and wished to become it's master for as long as i can remember. Not for me, but for you. Yes, for you, the community. Because darkness needs a master that can finally put it up as a top tier like it has always deserved. And I am that master.
1- I have war experience to bring it to the top, I have not been general yet but i was lieutenant twice in war.
2- I intend to participate in next brawl, and am very active in guilds.
3- My whole guild can tell you I am a good leader
4- I am active, a lot, can be seen not only by chat stats, but by the fact that I'm always around, and that everybody knows me, likes me, I'm always told I'm a nice person.
5- I have been in final battles of a trial before.

I know i am now 4 points under odii, but I will not let a last hour ruling in phase 2 bring me down, I will do all I can to get this mastership, I know I can do it, I know I am the best candidate, now the only thing that matters is if you do as well.

oh, and PS.  [12:39] <Odii`Odsen> pls vote for Jijo!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:30:11 pm by ji412jo »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082674#msg1082674
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:28:01 pm »
I don't vote for people who claim first >:C

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082686#msg1082686
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:38:08 pm »
Well I am sorry to disappoint, kdz, but I will do all i can, all that is in my power, to bring the most votes possible.
I was told by Jenkar a few weeks ago that I did not have enough dedication, well I doubled my in game score, and will do anything that anybody asks me here if it can help me. Reasonably, ofcourse.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:00:49 am by ji412jo »

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082699#msg1082699
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:01 pm »
I was told by Jnekar a few weeks ago that I did not have enough dedication, well I doubled my in game score, and will do anything that anybody asks me here if it can help me. Reasonably, ofcourse.
Apart from the fact that you've simply ripped my name to pieces, you've shown the big balls i asked you to put on the table a while ago. Not only did you farm, but your whole attitude changed to a "LET'S WIN THIS THING AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY."

Which is why even though your phase 2 may not have been the best, unless other challengers/bogtro prove themselves to be more worthy, you have my vote.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082719#msg1082719
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:01:19 am »
I was told by Jnekar a few weeks ago that I did not have enough dedication, well I doubled my in game score, and will do anything that anybody asks me here if it can help me. Reasonably, ofcourse.
Apart from the fact that you've simply ripped my name to pieces, you've shown the big balls i asked you to put on the table a while ago. Not only did you farm, but your whole attitude changed to a "LET'S WIN THIS THING AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY."

Which is why even though your phase 2 may not have been the best, unless other challengers/bogtro prove themselves to be more worthy, you have my vote.

I am sorry. I tend to type quickly and make lots of typos. I edited and fixed your name.

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082721#msg1082721
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 12:06:57 am »
ji412jo:  You're the leader of my Death Guild. (Hail, Commander!)
How will that affect your loyalties should you become Master of Darkness?
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082740#msg1082740
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:01:09 am »
Sorry to say, but I did not ask to be in the death guild, Darkness was always my first choice.
Though, If it is possible, I will ask the guildmasters if I can stay the death guild commander even though I am darkness master because I really love you guys and you're one of the best teams I have had so far.
<3

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082743#msg1082743
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:11:10 am »
@ shrink in ALL the peoples questions:

I would have to say either eqdevs that i used to use a lot
Or some air duo that I love.

Lots of darkness creatures are airborne, which makes up for nice skyblitz stuff, And now Sofree too

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082747#msg1082747
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:08 am »
Hello,

I am the current master of Darkness. Duh. My experience with Darkness extends to 5th trials, when I qualified for the final battle in a miserably unsuccessful match against Theon(eandon)lyrealBeef. Since that time, I have been an avid supporter of darkness in all manner of PvP events, including general-ship in the previous war.

While mastership has other responsibilities, it is undeniable that the most important aspect of mastership is War. While relatively unsuccessful last time around, there were a couple of key moments that could have easily catapulted Darkness to the top of the the standings. The team can attest to the fact that we all worked hard and together well, and I made an effort to get everyone involved whenever possible. The pieces just didn't fall into place. However, with a war of general experience under my belt, I can only feel that Darkness would be led to a high finish under my leadership.

I'll be honest here - I have little interest in Brawl. My experience with it was poor to say the least and I'm not eager to repeat it. For the sake of second chances, I would attempt to give the next Brawl a go should I retain mastership, but that's a decision I will have to make if and when it becomes relevant. 

I am returning from a semi-long hiatus, and will be on limited access in the upcoming weeks. However those around to see me can attest that I am extremely active when it's important, hardworking, and friendly. I don't believe that there are any (informed) opinions questioning my character, dedication, and motivation.

All of your questions will be added to this post as they are asked. If you don't see your (answered) question here after a reasonable period of time, send me a PM reminder and I'll get to it as quickly as I can.

A final word: Obviously, I hope to gain your votes here. But regardless of the candidate you choose to vote for, I insist that you seriously look at your questions and the answers to them. There's nearly no good reason to vote before the final days until the deadline (unless, of course, you're away during that period). The point of the phase is so that candidates can earn your vote, not so that you can immediately vote for your friends.

That said, should you decide not to vote for me, I highly recommend voting for ji412jo. He would make an extremely capable leader, and is a good friend. Nothing against the other candidates, but if I were going to lose my mastership this time around, I would hope it would be to him.

Thanks for reading.

Yes. My PvP results are consistently fairly good, and I'm willing to put great amounts of time into the work necessary. However, I will note that elements is not an extremely high priority in my life, and there are several things that will take precedent over it. Despite this, I have made efforts to complete matches at inconvenient times should my schedule be too busy. If you find this an issue, then I'm afraid I can't do much to convince you otherwise.

My leadership skills are also strong, and I'm friendly with almost everyone. I readily admit to being short with those who are not serious about their responsibilities and people that are excessively immature, but I won't apologize for it. I was successful in organizing a war team spanning many different time zones, and had everything done on time and thoroughly discussed beforehand. Everyone was involved in said discussion, and I like to think that everyone left happy.

As I said above, my second choice besides me would be ji412jo. He's a good personal friend and a very capable leader. I am confident that he would do an excellent job should I lose to him.

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

Nothing comes readily to mind. I'll answer this one later on.

Time to get these question out of the way:

Do you plan to general your element for war?

Yes.

If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

This is a much harder question. I suppose I'll try to, but if it's going to cause a conflict with anything semi-important in my life (e.g. if it happens during competition season) than I have to say no. ji412jo would be my first choice for a replacement in that case.

To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
595 595 595 595 595 595 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 606 606 7ta 7tb 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 8pm

This deck and its many related variants appeals to me greatly. It's such a simple concept, yet it's incredibly effective. It's also extremely versatile, with options ranging from liquid gargoyles to just spamming creatures to even replacing the BBs with RTs (even lightnings) and using some nightmares (similar to ghostmare).

It's brought me many important victories, including a key win in the master's tournament against deuce22 that brought home the match win. My first trials (Trials 5) saw me using this deck several times (with RT and lightning variants) with great results, leading me to a phase 2 win and subsequent title challenge. The lightning version also brought key wins against Annele in my first successful master bid.

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your team across global time zones.

I've done this successfully in the past. I've done this successfully in the future. brownie points for getting the reference

More seriously, the same as I have previously done. Obviously when there's a small team among lots of time zones, it's not so easy to communicate. However this effect can be mitigated by keeping careful and relevant records, and summing up the main points of "live" discussion when they occur. Should I be leading a team with even worse time differences, there are several possible options including a "voting" system in which each member contributes to a discussion and then a not-necessarily-live vote occurs.

Bogtro: Are you ever gonna fix the foot?

For some reason I can't explain, once you'd gone there was never, never an honest word whenever I've tried to do this in the past (and I've tried on at least 3 separate occasions) it just didn't work. I got the picture down perfectly, saved it, uploaded it to imgur, but every time I tried to save it to my profile I just kept on getting that backwards foot. I might make another attempt soon but it's a low priority.

Let's make them throw some mud,

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

*makes some popcorn and sits back*

I really don't want to have to leave a question unanswered, but this is really something I was hoping to avoid getting into. I had to debate whether this was a question worth answering. Eventually I decided that answering the question is better, but I'll do so in a very measured way. I will stress that all of the competitors are quite capable and all would probably do just fine as masters. Obviously, I personally think that I would do better than the rest of the competitors, but I find it fortunate that there are 4 competitors who could all take Darkness quite far.

Since I have to choose a person, I will have to choose Annele. Mastership is still primarily a PvP title (though this is slowly changing) and an organizational one. I have to say that I'm not as confident in her PvP skills as I am in ji's and Odii's. Both of the latter two have shown their PvP prowess on several occasions, including against me, while as far as I've seen Annele has few accolades besides her great Phase 2 performance in the last Trials.

Her lack of activity also concerns me, though it is true that I'm not in much of a position to complain about it. However, I don't know enough about her to conclude whether or not she'll be able to be active when it matters, and that makes me a bit uneasy.

Again, this is not to say that Annele is a poor candidate. She does a great job with the jobs she has/had, and has demonstrated a great commitment to the community. I'm just not sure that master is the appropriate job for her.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

You'll have to clarify what this means. As it stands I don't really understand the question at all.

Chirp? Chirp chirp trill chirp?

Yes, of course.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

I'm not very sure what this means. Apologies if my answer does not meet what you are looking for.

I'm just generally a night person, up very late almost every night and don't wake up early whenever it can possibly be avoided. I prefer nighttime anyway - it gives me more a sense of quiet and peace (not sure if this makes a whole lot of sense). I prefer to work more or less alone and on my own schedule. I don't trust easily, but I am extremely loyal to friends and would rather lose important opportunities than do something particularly dishonest or outside of the spirit of something (I know the last part more or less appears to contradict Darkness, but I don't think so). This isn't just talk - I have actually done so on multiple occasions. You can see minor examples of this on here such as refusing to claim wins for illegal decks that are a meaningless change away from being legal.

I'm naturally suspicious of people and their intentions, and I have little sympathy for what others often consider to be heartthrob-type stories. I have a different sense of "fair" than seems to be the generally accepted definition, and I strongly feel that you get out what you put in and face the consequences otherwise. Ethical dilemmas are often clear-cut to me, usually taking the dissenting opinion. Acts that other people find repulsive I find to be completely logical, and vice versa.

Despite all this, I have a strong sense of sportsmanship and honesty and hold others to the same. I tend to be short-tempered with those who don't meet those standards, and hold the intent of a statement/rule/law/etc. to be of much greater importance than the wording. I expect that people take initiative in their lives, work hard, develop interests, and pursue them with all the effort necessary for success. I have a strong dislike for those who don't, yet expect the same results as those who do. I know many people like this.

This is beginning to get run-on and not really related to the question, so I'll cut it off here. I hope that I answered the intent of your question.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

I'm not sure I get what you mean by switching to another element, but if I'm interpreting it correctly than most certainly not. I see extremely little reason for a master to abandon his/her title and switch to another element immediately. I find defending a title if possible to be part of the duties of mastership.

Besides this, there really isn't another element I'd be particularly interested in joining. I still quite like Time, with Fire and Death close behind, but not nearly the same way that their proponents (particularly in Time there are several obvious examples) really love them and are dedicated to them. It would be a little weird for me to think of myself as "Master of Time". Darkness is and probably always will be my favorite element.

bogtro: Evaluate your Master-ship after war. What will you do differently, how is it a poor example of the way you plan to Master darkness this time?

Well, I left essentially right after War so there isn't that much to evaluate. Unfortunately I'll have another hiatus with limited (but not no) access from June 30-July 20, but should easily have sufficient access to manage my duties until I return. After that there's not a whole lot stopping me besides my own motivation, and there's little chance that I'll be quitting again in the near future.

Last time I, frankly, got a little lazy with war. I had intended to test something around 900 matches (which seems ridiculous, but was doable since I had quite a long time to finish). Unfortunately procrastination set in, partially as a result of other real life commitments but also partially because of laziness, and I only actually completed about 130. During war I didn't take quite as much time as I should have, and there were (iirc) 2 rounds where I did inexcusably little work due to being away.

This war should not conflict with anything major in my life, save a few weekends when I'll be away with access, and my motivation is quite high after having returned. I am confident that this War would be better than ever under my leadership.

But war is not the only part of being a master, nor the only part I hope to change. Schedule permitting, I do intend to lead the "darkness team" into brawl this time around (though I won't promise this). I also hope to become active in guilds, but the entire project seems to be more or less stagnant.

There are some things I felt I did well with and won't change - I still plan to be approachable with ideas and the like, and to emphasize having fun over results in all these events. As I mentioned in my above answer, I will still be placing a strong value on sportsmanship and honesty, and my team is held to an even higher standard. I don't take responsibilities lightly and I make my best effort to meet them (though I do sometimes need to prioritize).

bogtro: 'Darkness is merely the absence of light.' Evaluate this statement.

I strongly disagree. Darkness encompasses, in one word, the concepts of fear, happiness, relief, pain, suffering, peace, calm, and so on. All of these have one thing in common - they are all human constructs. Thus, Darkness sums up in one word the human spirit. It demonstrates what makes people human.

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.

I'm not sure I get the question. Is "Am I lying" not the type of answer you are looking for?

To all Trialists:

Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.

*Edit:  added a word. :)

I have absolutely no idea. I'd guess something like 85?

To all  :darkness trialers:
Which EtG card (from any element) represents the darkest thing in real life ?

Nightfall, of course :)

Seriously though, nightfall encompasses basically the same things that Darkness does. Steal is also a close second but not quite as good for illustrative purposes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:51:25 am by bogtro »
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082757#msg1082757
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:06 am »
Odii Odsen

First I want to tell you:

The question for the poll is "Who would be the best Master of Darkness?" and not who do you like more or who is your friend?

From question topic:

Tiko:
Spoiler for Hidden:
This time I'm having some trouble deciding on who to vote for in some of the elements, so I'm tossing the coin.

I don't know many of you trialists personally, and I don't have the necessary chat-time to actually get to know you better - I can look up both your ingame and forum "qualities" (which I did), furthermore, awards and staff positions aren't that impressive to me in case of mastership: So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.

You're free whatever to answer, it may or may not be a deciding factor. Thanks.

Hi Tiko and all other who are interested in this post about me. I am 23 years old and I study Real Estate Business. I am from Germany (Baden-Württemberg) but I was born in Russia. My parents moved to Germany when I was 1 year old. I am playing EtG since August 2009. Since I started playing this game Darkness is my favorite element. I joined the forum in May or June 2011. More about me: I like sports like soccer and Basketball, but I like watching sports in general, no matter what kind of sport. I do party a lot, since I have the time as a student :D Sex, Drugs and Hip Hop. lol. I have my first exam next week, so I am a bit busy with learning stuff.
After my studies I want to go to the Army. But I don't know for how long. Maybe I will say after two years that I want to leave, or maybe I will stay for twelve years. I don't know.

That's me (right). Next to a good friend of me.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Jenkar:
Spoiler for Hidden:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

1. Yes, I think I am the best possible master for darkness. That's why I want this job. I am very active, I love darkness, I think I can lead a team during an event especially in war. I have many PvP (and war) experience. BUT: I am not good with gdoc, my English sucks and I am aside from PvP very inactive. The last point I could change, cause I already thought about that in the past.

Enjoy!

Onizuka:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

1. Yes.
2. Maybe. Still not sure, but I was thinking about it already.

Shrink:
Spoiler for Hidden:
What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

Mono Darkness. When I started to play this game, I picked darkness and played a long long time (almost two years) just mono darkness. I was very successful in farming and PvP (at least as beginner). First unupped then I bought nearly every upped darkness card. Mono Darkness was the first full upgraded deck for me.

Pella:
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Not sure, if I get your question, but I will try it. It isn't important where your member come from. It's important to have soldiers in my team who want to win the war as much as me. Also a teamchat, were ppl can discuss and post suggestion and everything else is always needed. So information didn't get lost, if anybody is offline.

Chapuz:
Spoiler for Hidden:

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

Elbrin: He is a nice guy. But he was inactive during this trials.
If I have to name someone else, then I pick Annele, because I don't think she can bring darkness the win in war neither in brawl.

Opsinis:
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

What do you mean with forum only and ingame only? What are the jobs? For me the combination is the best option.

Marsu:
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

As you know I am pretty active at night. I love darkness and shadows in games. I love it to play the "bad or evil guy". Also darkness is a quiet element for me. Quiet like me.

Belligerence:
Spoiler for Hidden:
@All Trialists:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

Actually I like 11 elements and love 1. I think I wouldn't go for another element, because it wouldn't be the crown I actually want.

bogtro:
Spoiler for Hidden:
To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Since darkness has actually everything like CC, good damage, PC, Denial, buff, heal, a nice shield and a nice weapon, I thought a tool for rushes complete that beautiful element.

Single questions:

Opsinis:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Odii: Would becoming a master be the sole thing that keeps you here?
If so, should I vote for someone so close to leaving? Explain.   If not, what other things are keeping you here?

Not only the master title. I joined CL this season. This game started to be interesting for me again, since I have new goals. Like being Darkness master and winning the war or Top 2 in CL! Also I would defend this title till new blood can dethrone me.

AnonymousRevival:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Odii: Darkness in Latin is tenebrarum. Although Latin is gone, its strong essence influences the languages of Western Europe and Romania. Tener is Spanish for 'have' and '(Eu) Tenho' is Portuguese for '(I) have'. Hence it can be implied that 'having something' can be associated with 'darkness'. Do you believe in this statement? Why or not?

Very interesting and difficult question. First I thought on "Steal". But Darkness is like a protection. The most ppl fear darkness, but actually you can win from it.  Everything you have came from the darkness. Happiness and sorrow. However, darkness is in their basically a loving, nourishing quality, the source of life. "The ancient, mystical religions have seen as the great mystery has always been dark. In the Tibetan tradition, there are darkretreats, Hinduism is darkness in the form of Mother Kali, a highly destructive and terrifying power, and in Taoism there are meditation techniques that are specifically geared towards darkness. Among the Egyptians, the priests moved back to the dark pyramids, in Rome there was the dark catacombs and the Essene monks went to the Dead Sea caves and meditated in the dark. Tao is said that dark cave is a perfect space for inner transformation."

10 things you can have from darkness:
- total relaxation
- Large inner strength
- Deep, refreshing sleep
- Slowing of life
- indestructible trust
- In friendship with death
- The beginning of all creativity
- Association with the true nature
- Understand existential contexts
- bliss

farscape:
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all  :darkness trialers:
Which EtG card (from any element) represents the darkest thing in real life ?

For me there are many cards that represents darkness in real life, but the most darkest thing is Black Hole (Gravity). Nothing can escape from the black hole, even not a light signal.

RavingRabbid:
Spoiler for Hidden:
You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.
Is RavingRabbid crazy? Oh wait, I can actually answer this question.

What should I ask myself? Oh, it's not an acceptable answer to this question.

Who RR will vote in the Darkness Trials? I don't know  ?_?

TheonlyrealBeef:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Which non-Darkness card to you like best? Why?
Do you think Darkness has or should have a similar card?
Spoiler for curiosity:
Reverse Time for me, but not going to give someone a good answer to copy paste :P

I like Nymphs. Especially the Blue Nymph.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:00:50 pm by Odii Odsen »
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50062.msg1082771#msg1082771
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 02:12:12 am »

Elbirn.
For not answering any PM even though he came on forum everyday, for saying he wants to play monday without an hour and then not getting on on monday, for not playing any matches.

Now, Since I'm being told this is a lame answer, I will edit by not telling you who the worst competitor is, but by pointing flaws to all of them.
Bogtro has been representing darkness alright, it's so dark we didnt see him at all after war.
Nelly, as far as I know, lacks a bit in the activity department, it took her quite a while to answer for trials, dark guild and dark brawl team i have been told were on the inactive side.
Odii is all about PvP. Sure he is a great PvPer, but I've not seen him work on any other side of being a master.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:45:38 am by ji412jo »

blarg: