*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67857.msg1299229#msg1299229
« on: June 15, 2020, 07:45:29 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
PHASE 1 DONE

:darknessbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules.

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:
  • MyNameIsJoey

Master TheonlyrealBeef of :darkness is defending.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:25:32 pm by PlayerOa »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67857.msg1299236#msg1299236
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:52:23 pm »
Well, I intend to hold onto these (grand)master titles until the bitter end of flash :silly:

Loyalty bonus: participated in Darkness trials on 5 previous occasions. 5 Darkness trials winner icons as proof.
War bonus: General of winning war team, war winner icon as proof.

Task 1 art:
Spoiler for Vampire Umbrella:
Actually, this isn't an umbrella at all! Omg!
Spoiler for card-less art:

Task 2 deckbuilding:
Spoiler for Golden Nymphmare:
The deck
Golden Nymphmareby TheonlyrealBeef
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4ss 4ss 4ss 4ss 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5se 5se 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7tb 7th 7th 7th 7th 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8ps
This was my 5th deck last trials finals, which won against Shard of Freedom + Flying Weapon + Vampire Dagger. First off, I must admit that in retrospect, the deck would have been better with 6 Time Mark cards and 0 Shards of Readiness.
The bans for the final battle disallowed the use of most of my standard Darkness decks, including Ghostmare, but I feel like the most important card to ban in Ghostmare is Reverse Time (hypocritically, I also banned Ghost of the Past, possibly because I didn't expect joey to have/use 6 Nymphs). This deck proves this theory by replacing the Ghosts with Nymphs. Although its impact on what is already in the opponents' hand is more limited (you can simply discard Nymphs), the number of draws the opponent is denied is at least equal, while potentially getting more damage/healing out of Nightmare. Nymphs also have more HP, allowing them to resist most CC. Last but not least, they can actually draw additional cards, drastically increasing your draw advantage and allowing you to draw lock your opponent even longer.
The main downside is that Nymphs cost more quanta to play, while having a slightly lower attack. This is especially important for the first Nymph, since you cannot start your draw lock until it is played. Furthermore, the upkeep of the ability will slow down your offense by playing more creatures even more. This is partially offset by being able to hoard more draw denial cards in your hand (instead of them being immediately useful) and drawing additional quanta, but the deck will require more base quanta to function properly. All of this added together is also why I would rather see more quanta instead of Shard of Readiness in retrospect.
As for its strengths and weaknesses, it is strongest against creature-based non-fractal decks. The niche flying weapon deck is also hard-countered by it. The more expensive the creature, the more effective this deck is against it. Cheap creatures and rainbows give the deck some problems, but neither of those were feasible in the Darkness Trials final battle. With Fractal and Bone Wall banned, the two most obvious counters feel rather cheap to mention, while Gravity Shield and Wings feel far too niche to mention in a Darkness setting.

Counterdeck attempt #1
A generic option -that further emphasizes the quanta deficit the used deck suffers- would be to use Devtosis. Devtosis does suffer significantly from having Mitosis removed after Reverse Time, but you still get that extra Devourer when you play it after the Devourer has already been in play for a turn. Keeping in mind what would have been legal for Joey (9 upgrades, no Steal, no Mitosis on even games), the deck was played on an odd game, so:
Devtosisby TheonlyrealBeef
5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5ul 5ul 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 7ta 7ta 7tb 7tb 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pn
Except the low amount of upgrades means this might not even win 50% of the time, auch... With Steal and an equal amount of upgrades this becomes trivial since you can upgrade the Pends and exchange Vampire Dagger for Steal, but that feels like cheating. So time to think of a different, somewhat generic option. Devtosis is just bad when your opponent has 13 more upgrades.

Counter deck attempt #2
Sanctuary was also banned, but in general, creature-less decks work well against Reverse Time. Ignoring the blatant weakness against Pestosis, Siphinity works really well:
Siphinityby TheonlyrealBeef
5li 5li 5li 5li 5li 5li 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5uo 5uo 5uo 5us 5us 5us 5us 5us 5us 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7tb 7tb 7tb 8pq
Even in the actual matchup of Flying Vampire Daggers, Golden Nymphmare nearly decked out. So with no Eternity in the deck, Siphinity can simply use 2 Drains on a single Nymph starting at as low as 13 quanta. The remaining offensive power is then trivial to outheal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:50:09 am by TheonlyrealBeef »

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67857.msg1299469#msg1299469
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 12:05:54 pm »
I was considering trialing for  :light

but who am I kidding.

Spoiler for task 1:
I was going to do the last finals task, but lets be honest, it's not like either of us used any super original deck or something.
So let's go with the FG counter

Jezebel
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gp 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tc 7tc 7ti 7ti 7ti 8pt

Is a FG with 1- high damage output 2- low amount of creature control 3- High amount of permanent control 4- Defense of her own creatures and permanents through cloak.

So here was my idea

4st 4vc 4vo 4vo 4vo 4vo 50u 50u 50u 50u 6ts 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6ug 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7t4 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7to 7um 8pt

Butterfly effect ( now you can't say this wasn't original)
Voodoo dolls ( well, you gotta have something to use BE on, and it cannot be easily CC'd)
Antimatter ( to slow their attack, as well as to match with:)
Liquid shadow ( to damage the enemy and get a win condition)

So the BE takes care of cloak, and LS/AM make us survive while damaging them.

disclaimer : I did not test this deck. It might fail miserably.

Spoiler for task 2:
The other tasks suck. Guess I'll go with a poem.

I turn around and see nothing
all around me, up down left right
no reason to sing
but plenty reasons to fight

darkness is all around me
can't see ahead or behind
but i know it's where i need to be
Where I belong

Three
not even recognized, not even seen
but the start of a rivalry
the first reign of the Beef

Five
ties all around, so close there isnt a sound
tiebreak sounds like a heartbreak
and a troll named bog gets to fight the Beef steak.

Seven
the king is dead, long live the king
but a new challenger approaches
with cloaked fireflies, he comes in with a boom and takes the crown

Eight
I try again, but yet again i fail
5-1, I don't even come close
Odii Odsen, you were hell of an opponent

Nine
The kingdom of darkness is once again broken
because here came a Physsion
and my dreams get destroyed once again

Ten
Some of us are made to fly, while others stay on the ground
Like a staff on adrenaline I tried again and again
but alas, it wasn't my turn

Eleven
Time to make my ground
Time to face the Physsion on
Close fight, swords were high, but wounds couldnt be recovered from

Thirteen
the old king came back to life
and he is stronger than ever
and I learn you need more than a fork and a knife to fight with the Beef.

Fourteen
Here we are.
No more wars.
Is it my turn to shine?
only time will tell

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:30:00 pm by MyNameIsJoey »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67857.msg1299594#msg1299594
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:41:45 pm »

Alright, it was never mine so I'm not ''taking back'' the crown but

I'm taking back the crown
I'm all dressed up and naked
I see what's mine and take it (Finders keepers, losers weepers)
Oh yeah
The crown
So close I can taste it
I see what's mine and take it (Finders keepers, losers weepers)
Oh yeah
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

blarg: TheonlyrealBeef