*Author

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259275#msg259275
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2011, 03:15:01 am »
I said before I wouldn't ever, ever pack Sparks in the vault, so I'm assuming team Aether just beat Fire's Lava Golem rush.
Incidentally, neither did I specify anything regarding this, yet you said experience shows? Very strange and irrelevant quip. Assuming too much?

On another note, some of the other Aether contestants seem to forget about how hard it is to make a perfect deck like what they're suggesting.  As I'm sure you know as a War deck builder, Boingo, Rainbow decks are incredibly hard to pull off in War.
Even more passive aggressiveness? Firstly, Boingo never said it was for War. Secondly, you have no rational reason to assume anyone would forget about that. Thirdly, I could use the same obscure argument you just did: we just salvaged them randomly. I'm not sure where you're going with these remarks, but it simply looks like you're trying to have jabs at other candidates. What is it you usually say... "don't hate, appreciate"?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259277#msg259277
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2011, 03:23:27 am »
Drag im the most experienced challenger, not only in War but also in previous trials, if something seems unlikely, that means nothing, who knows with someone new or maybe me in front of next war team how do you know someone will decide to not pack some of these cards?
War is ever changing and so is life if you cant curve with it, then i dont know *some speech phrase or soemthing*

Offline Dragoon1140

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259279#msg259279
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2011, 03:26:38 am »
Incidentally, neither did I specify anything regarding this, yet you said experience shows? Very strange and irrelevant quip. Assuming too much?  Even more passive aggressiveness? Firstly, Boingo never said it was for War. Secondly, you have no rational reason to assume anyone would forget about that. Thirdly, I could use the same obscure argument you just did: we just salvaged them randomly. I'm not sure where you're going with these remarks, but it simply looks like you're trying to have jabs at other candidates. What is you usually say... "don't hate, appreciate"?
Here is my comment to this:  I am not going to be involved with drama.

I understand you have a nag for debating, but I'm not going to turn these whole Aether Trials into an unnecessary debate about misconceptions made over what I've posted.  There is very, very little point to such a thing, and, like every single other time it happens in other Trials, everybody just becomes tired of the drama.

Say what you will, but I will not be a part of it.
Else known as "JonTheBon"

I also make videos and stuff.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259518#msg259518
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »
For all candidates: 
1.  Display an efficient use for Discord in a 30 card deck.  May use any mark.  Must observe the rule of 50% or more must be aether cards.

2.  Devise a 30-card aether deck to counter a deck with Discords. May use any mark.  Must observe the rule of 50% or more must be aether cards.
Code: [Select]
4vl 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vp 4vp 4vp 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61q 61q 61s 61s 61s 61s 61s 61t 61t 61t 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a
Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52p 52p 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 5f6 5i5 5rk 61q 61q 61r 61r 624 624 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a
Icybraker, the only member who has served as Master of Aether, has returned. What's your opinions on that?
It's nice to see some old faces come back to the community :)
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259520#msg259520
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
Here is my comment to this:  I am not going to be involved with drama.

I understand you have a nag for debating, but I'm not going to turn these whole Aether Trials into an unnecessary debate about misconceptions made over what I've posted.  There is very, very little point to such a thing, and, like every single other time it happens in other Trials, everybody just becomes tired of the drama.

Say what you will, but I will not be a part of it.
You already are, especially by making comments on my habits. If you don't want drama, don't try the things I've just exposed, mm?

There are no misconceptions whatsoever, and thus no need for drama, but I figured you would try to avoid a proper discussion since you have no way out of this at all. You've contradicted yourself while trying to trash-talk others, and now you want out. Very sad. I've lost a lot of respect for you.

Just don't think you can get away with stuff like this and resume your general façade to the rest. Someone will always call you out. Don't get me wrong though, I don't really care as long as I can defend myself from these attempts.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline icecoldbro

• S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259622#msg259622
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »
Interesting how little votes i got, well i guess that's it for my trial experience, now to try and get myself into a war team, preferably, aether, fire, life, or something else

Offline Dragoon1140

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259679#msg259679
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »
Well ignoring that little event...

Yes, these were the results I expected for the most part.  Best of luck to pikachufan and Marisa in the finals, and I hope both of you enjoy your potential spot as Aether Master.  I wasn't expecting to win, but thanks to the 18 people that decided to vote for me.  I know most of you who had already told me, so I'll be sure to thank you when the time comes.

However, there is one particular member that deserves my thanks right now.  He decided to interview me in chat one day and, while this is probably not his intention, it was particularly touching for me.  He has given me permission to post this (albeit edited at one point).
[03:38:35 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: I'm debating about voting for you...

[03:38:42 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: Oh?

[03:39:00 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: I've already spoken my concerns to Higs, and she answered.
[03:39:09 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: So I shall allow rebuttal, and repeat my question to you.
[03:39:18 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: 1) What is it you bring to master of aether that she does not?
[03:39:35 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: 2) How would you counter those who would say you just like aether, it's not your favorite element. That you are unloyal.

[03:40:27 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: 1) Well I've experienced War and assisted my team in taking 5th place, which I'm proud of. I also have the ego to call myself
[03:40:38 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: a Master, while also being nice enough to pull it off. :)
[03:41:33 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: 2) Opinions change. The only time I said Aether wasn't my favorite element was about five months ago in a video. After going
[03:41:51 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: through War, I've found I really like to use and play with Aether decks.
[03:42:30 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: Basically, I can run my War team better and Aether is, indeed, my favorite element. Anybody who says otherwise hasn't talked
[03:42:36 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: to me about it in a decent while.

[03:42:55 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: Hrm.... interesting...

[03:43:46 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: So, did I rebuttle properly? :)

[03:43:56 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: Was higs on team Aether in the war?

[03:44:34 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: Only Icecoldbro and myself was on the War team. As far as I know, Marisa has no War experience.

[03:45:22 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: Interesting...
[03:45:26 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: You, sire, just earned a vote.

[03:45:50 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: I'm glad I could help. :)

[03:46:26 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: Just an FYI: you earned it because of 3 things.
[03:46:37 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: 1) You countered the argument that you aren't loyal. Loylaty is a biggy for me.
[03:46:57 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: 2) ---Hidden by request---
[03:47:06 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: 3) You picked monoaether in the duels.
[03:47:12 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: Good luck! =)

[03:47:58 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: Thank you kind sir!
[03:48:56 AM] Dragoon1140 [»] Gl1tch: ...you're still going to call me a pedo, aren't you?

[03:50:04 AM] Gl1tch [»] Dragoon1140: <3

Regardless, I am disappointed Phase 3 ended the way it did in this topic, all of us are above that.

Good luck.
Else known as "JonTheBon"

I also make videos and stuff.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259691#msg259691
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »
Thank you for voting for me, all 13 of you -- I won't let you down! :)

ICB, I'm sure that the Generals will want to bid on you. You're a great duellist; remember that.

Dragoon, it's OK. Sometimes, words don't travel over the Internet well.

Higs, I look forward to the final battle; maybe I'll actually win a few rounds this time :))
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline icecoldbro

• S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259701#msg259701
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 06:33:03 pm »
And I thank those 11 people that voted for me id like to say (yes I didnt vote for me), have fun: hugs and pikachu.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg259887#msg259887
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »
Thank you all candidates for answering my (admittedly late) question.  It was not just a test of deckbuilding skills, but something I hope Team Aether keeps in mind for the next War.  Discord will be there--be ready for it.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20041.msg260160#msg260160
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 02:33:03 am »
... O_O
So many votes... I'm moved. It takes a lot to do that. I won't let a single one of you down, that I swear.

I expect a good fight, pika! No matter who wins, Aether gets a new Master and icon, and that's a victory for everyone.

Team Aether will be ready for Discord and all other denial, as it's a type of strategy you have to expect and plan for even more in a setting like War. I aim to be in that team no matter what happens.

Forge ahead!

blarg: