*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134379#msg134379
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:55 pm »
Phase 2 - Community Vote
Phase 2 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134502#msg134502
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:33:18 pm »
SG shouldnt unit not be on the vote? i thought he was stepping down if not he gets my vote byut till responded my vote is sustained

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134520#msg134520
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:59:35 pm »
My vote in this Trial is up for grabs. So please let me know why you want to be Master of :air? I've seen Finkel and Unit's post in the forums so i would like to get to know LordPants and Brion a bit more.

Scaredgirl

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134558#msg134558
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:32:44 pm »
SG shouldnt unit not be on the vote? i thought he was stepping down if not he gets my vote byut till responded my vote is sustained
Unit is actually here as a regular challenger.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134596#msg134596
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:18:34 pm »
Unit is actually here as a regular challenger.
then voting for unit

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134720#msg134720
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 10:06:21 pm »
Just a quick question to each of the contestants of this one - hopefully, everyone will respond/answer my question to give me a better idea of who to vote for. ^^;

Q: Suppose you could ‘transform into’ an Air elemental in real life. What ‘card’ (i.e. spell, permanent, or creature) would you prefer to also have in that form to use in the real world? What would you use it for? (I.e. – if one person was a Light elemental, they could summon a Guardian Angel to heal others in pain, etc.)

Lordpants

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134781#msg134781
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:28:42 am »
@Kuroaitou, I would take Wings, whats a better way to describe a card that air brings to the table than opening your wings and letting the air and wind take you to places that no other element can bring you to, it holds the very essence of the element.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg134785#msg134785
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:34:50 am »
I think Unit does an excellent job of representing air. Vote definitly goes to him.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg135060#msg135060
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:25:33 am »
Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Air sucks and it is the weakest element ever, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Unit, Well, you actually lost last time to Acelink but you got lucky and got the Master of Air title again, do you think you will put up a better show this time?

Q: @Lordpants, You have the highest points in this trial, do you think you most likely will be the next Master of Air?

Q: @Brion, Who do you think is the most toughest challenger for you in this trial?

Q: @Finkel, You have a lot of experience (I think) and you also have some points, what will you do first when you are the master of Air?

I will vote for the one who gives the most sensible answer.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg135183#msg135183
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
Having fought with most of these candidates, and knowing their amount of dedication my vote simply has to go to:

:air finkel :air

As a contestant of the Trials of Air myself I'd have to say that the challenger I thought presented the greatest threat was finkel. Having a high amount of community involvement, very good deck building skills, poise, dedication and elegance when it comes to posting, and to top it off a great attitude, it is my sincere hope that finkel come out of these trials with the title.

unit748596 may have filled in the role while there was no better candidate and possibly in a time where no one else desired the spot. Air is on the rise, and as such, :air needs a Master who will be there for their teammates during War. Having fought in the war myself, a main reason that we ended up in the spot we did was due to poor organization and leadership skills. Feel free to check the archives.

And as a side note, unit does not tend to dedicate each post the respect it deserves with spelling mistakes, poor grammar and just simple sloppiness. As a Master of an element, in my opinion, one should treat their decks, their posts, their community and most of all themselves with the greatest amount of respect, something which I noticed, unit tended to lack.

brion appears to have decent deckbuilding skills defeating the likes of slovenc555 and girlsgeneration in Team PVP and Svenningen in Weekly Tournaments, however I've not heard much from brion on forums to know the essence of the person, and how reliable they can be in an event such as a War.

Lordpants, while being mostly active in Card Art and Ideas this contestant has not been  active enough in the forums to say that Lordpants is a character we know decently well. Not knowing Lordpants' deckbuilding abilities nor their personality, it reassures me to know that my vote is not a shot in the darkness.

Not attempting to attack anyone, I simply post my observations and research and if anyone was offended by this post, I am sorry and feel free to explain your reasons why you believe that this post does not have a sufficient amount of truth to it.

I am still however concerned with the fact that at one point during war, finkel was assigned the General position while unit left us ( -_- ' ) and I had to step up to plate, and finish the tasks of the General that without finkel's presence nor attention would never have been accomplished.

I am sure finkel will improve in this aspect and will ensure that his role as Master of Air is adequately fulfilled or exceed expectations.

But watch out finkel, keep up your standards, I had to drop out this time, but next time... ;)

:air finkel for Master of Air :air

Sincerely,
Hyroen
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Lordpants

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg135404#msg135404
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »
@Wardead, To answer the one directed at all of us, I would show them all the different synergies that air can create with each and every element that other elements just cannot do, simply put it is the most diverse and most helpful element there is, for example, you can't have water without air. :)

To answer your other query, No, I do not expect to walk away from this trial as Master of Air, and the reasoning is simple. I love this element, however, my competitors are strong not only to this community but just in general and ironically its as Hyroen stated when describing me, I am not nor will probably ever be a loud master if I happen to win. I am a fairly quiet and kept to myself kind of person, a constant if you will, which is like the air when you think about it.

I also refuse to vote in this because obviously I am competing in it, and voting for myself would just seem like a good way to come off as arrogant. I just wish I could have fixed my cards (oops)

finkel

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10927.msg136374#msg136374
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 12:57:26 am »
I've been feeling extremely dizzy/nauseous since this morning, and have spent the day alternatively sitting and trying not to think too hard and being violently ill. In light of this, I will respond to and only to the direct questions:

Q: Suppose you could ‘transform into’ an Air elemental in real life. What ‘card’ (i.e. spell, permanent, or creature) would you prefer to also have in that form to use in the real world? What would you use it for? (I.e. – if one person was a Light elemental, they could summon a Guardian Angel to heal others in pain, etc.)

A: First of all, very good question, and thanks for asking it. I had to carefully consider which card I'd choose, but I'm confident I picked correctly (i.e.: what I would actually hypothetically prefer to have). Firefly Queen. To start off, she won me the flavor text competition, and I have fireflies where I live. When I go outside at night I can see them flashing all around, and I like two songs in particular about fireflies - Ron Pope's and Owl City's. The beautiful thing about a firefly queen is that she can produce an army of fireflies to do my bidding. Imagine what I could do with a million fireflies! People see fireflies as just flickering points of light, but they're so much more! With enough fireflies, and I think we can all attest to how quickly fireflies queens produce them, I could lift wreckage and rescue buried victims of earthquakes. They could carry barrels of water to regions in the world where water is more precious than gold, or use it to quench forest fires. Being an Air elemental, I could communicate with them, so I could train them to enforce the law and send them out in troops to patrol the streets. Imagine trying to fight a swarm of fireflies! HAH! No chance! Yessir, with an army of fireflies, I could do just about anything. With an army of fireflies, I could change the world.

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Air sucks and it is the weakest element ever, blah blah....How will you respond?
A: It depends on who it is. If it's Gl1tch, I'd say "wings," if it was Essence, I'd say "shockwave." I'd ask them if they'd ever faced an immortal air nymph without a reflective shield, been overrun by an army of fireflies that heal any meager damage (s)he can do while simultaneously massacring him/her (I'd be glad to demonstrate ^_^).  Air is the basis for every flying weapons deck, it has one of the absolutely best shields in the game (upgraded it's ONE quanta to block FOURTY FRIGGIN' PERCENT of all attacks), and everybody wishes they could fly.

Q: @Finkel, You have a lot of experience (I think) and you also have some points, what will you do first when you are the master of Air?
A: Throw my hands in the air, whoop, spin around in my chair, jump up, shout "YEAH BABY!" and celebrate. After that, start planning for War #2. Air did a lot better than people anticipated this past war, but I have a feeling we can do a whole lot better if we put our minds to it >:D. I'd start playing a lot more pvp and work on my archive of air decks that I haven't posted on the forums so that when War comes around and then later the trials, I'll have an edge. I have a few air-based decks that I play on a regular basis (most notably flying weapon decks or spider-wings decks), and I'll work on those as well so that I have more experience playing them and know what to expect and which cards to watch out for and how to counter various strategies or counter counter-strategies ^_^

P.S.: In the interest of truthfulness, please remember that I feel like shit currently and thus did not so much as smile at any point in writing this post, but I tried to make it cheerful for you guys. I'm off to bed, wish me luck falling asleep! Cheers.

blarg: