*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53644#msg53644
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:17:37 pm »
In your opinion, who would be the best Master of this element?

Take these things into consideration:
  • Who would be the best representative for this particular element?
  • Who helps new players and community members?
  • Who is active on the forums?
  • Who writes good quality posts on the forums?
  • Who do you think could take this element to "the next level"?

Voting runs for 7 days.
Voting has ended

You can change your vote at any time.

Use this thread to explain why people should vote for you.

Good luck.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53693#msg53693
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:53:28 pm »
Nothing I say that I will do for the future will do justice to furthering my votes, because of the lone fact that its a matter of trust, and I don't expect anyone to trust me, I just have to hope. But there is a reason you should keep me, and that is what I have and haven't done in the past. You can learn a lot about someone simply from the messages they post. I cannot tell you what i will do in the future, for you may not trust me to tell the truth, and I don't blame you, its hard to put your own trust in someone over the Internet. Many of you cannot see in the masters dojo, but the other masters can tell you what I have done in there. please vote unbiasedly, and for the one who you all believe to be the best decision. Thank you all for the support you have given me thus far.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

acelink

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53766#msg53766
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »
To the voters:
Thank you for voting.  I can't wait to see results.

To unit:
<3

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53771#msg53771
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:54:13 pm »
Erm, might I ask you both two questions?

Why should you be master, and why air?

Kurohami

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53912#msg53912
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »
Only one challenger, again?
And would you make a speech or something so we can have something to judge by?

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg53914#msg53914
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »
well, the reason i should be master.... hm.... well, i am a very active member for starters. second, this isn't really a good reason but it is a reason nonetheless, i have an "unhealthy" obsession for forums. third, i am just. i will not, in any means, treat a member based off of my own feelings. fourth, i have a knowledge for elements not many harbor. fifth, if im not on forums, i am thinking of ideas and conversations i can come up with that involve either the forums or the game, sometimes even both. sixth, i have a lot of experience with these club like things. seventh, i have plenty of leadership talents and traits. and as for the speech, i made one already, my first post in this thread.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

acelink

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54360#msg54360
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »
Why would you like to be Master? A Master is not just a title, it is a job.
I am a huge fan of Elements and the 'Master' title is a very appealing status.  I want to be able to say I have 'mastered' the game.  I fully understand being a Master is not just a status quo.  I accept the responsibilities and await to accomplish them.

What makes you qualified to be a Master?
I am an active community member that enjoys helping and serving the community.  (I helped invigorate the Elements Wheel Idea (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4126.0.html))  I understand a vast majority of Elements including: how each how each element works, what they are best at and the various synergies they hold.

I look to better the Elements community.

Why choose Air?
Air is a very mischievous element.  Air harasses enemies bombarding them with nuisances.  Unstable Gas--So everyone can feel the wraith.  Flying Weapons--To ensure your weapons digs a little deeper.  FFQ--Spawning minions to do thy bidding.  And Wyrms--creatures akin to the mighty dragons. 

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54377#msg54377
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:06:09 pm »
A question for both the master and the challenger to assist me in this difficult voting process. :P

Q: Air is an element that's constantly in flux (air is constantly moving in currents that we can't even imagine), and at times, is the only way to propel something forward. Relating to this, aside from all the previous accomplishments and ideas you have recently suggested, is there a new (not seen) idea that you think will make the forums (and game) 'become more active'? If so, express this new idea to me. If you cannot create a new idea, please expand a previous idea you had and the possible consequences it could have.

acelink

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54448#msg54448
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:31 pm »
A question for both the master and the challenger to assist me in this difficult voting process. :P

Q: Air is an element that's constantly in flux (air is constantly moving in currents that we can't even imagine), and at times, is the only way to propel something forward. Relating to this, aside from all the previous accomplishments and ideas you have recently suggested, is there a new (not seen) idea that you think will make the forums (and game) 'become more active'? If so, express this new idea to me. If you cannot create a new idea, please expand a previous idea you had and the possible consequences it could have.
I do not see the connection you are trying to make with Air and making more active forums.  I understand that Air moves and is rather active--I just don't see how it correlates to the forums.  Could you clarify that connection a little more?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for creating more active forums... There is not a lot we can do to inspire people in reacting more in our forums community.  Competitions/Tournaments are always an idea.  Creating more might increase forum activity...Aside from that, there is no good way for increasing activity in our forums. 

"Wait we could offer ingame rewards for forums participation"
No.  That would lead to a lot of troublesome cases.  People would attempt to abuse the system and Zanz would have to spend a lot of his invaluable time giving out prizes. 

"Well... Lets give prizes to people that reach a high number of posts, like 500.  People would not be able to spam to 500 posts and Zanz would not have to give out as many prizes"
That doesn't inspire people to post and become more active.  It would just reward the loyal players, who would post anyways.

Lets suppose there is a good system for forums participation to get in-game rewards... (and it didn't involve Zanz time)
What prizes would be given?  Would that prize inspire people?  Nymphs would inspire people but they would be trivialized.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54473#msg54473
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:40:07 pm »
my idea for using air to make forums and the game more active is to simply make a connection between the 2. as in, if you make a forum account, you must have an elements account, but not vise versa. your ign will be displayed on your forums profile, and if you have a forums account, there will be a display when you do pvp of your forums user name. in forums, there can be a sort of "weekly free card" or something along the lines of "1 card per 50 or 100 posts" kind of thing.and in forums, your elements score will affect your account and privileges you have on forums. such as, if you have a score of 500 or more, you can choose your favorite element in forums. that is just one example.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54629#msg54629
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 06:33:54 am »
my idea for using air to make forums and the game more active is to simply make a connection between the 2. as in, if you make a forum account, you must have an elements account, but not vise versa. your ign will be displayed on your forums profile, and if you have a forums account, there will be a display when you do pvp of your forums user name. in forums, there can be a sort of "weekly free card" or something along the lines of "1 card per 50 or 100 posts" kind of thing.and in forums, your elements score will affect your account and privileges you have on forums. such as, if you have a score of 500 or more, you can choose your favorite element in forums. that is just one example.
Most of that 1 card per x posts would make people SPAM.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

acelink

Re: Phase 1 - Vote for the person who would make the best Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5320.msg54644#msg54644
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:06 am »
Most of that 1 card per x posts would make people SPAM.
Not only that.  There is the problem with linking the databases.  If you automatically generated a forums account when you registered for Elements, it would flood/overwhelm the forums DB.  Linking a forums account to a game account seems plausable (Kong) and there might be some huge problems with giving out prizes in an automated system (11 cards are given instead of 1 etc)

Would getting an extra card for X posts really be worth it?  I could see the the inspiration if it was a nymph card (but that would trivialize the nymph).  Aside from that, 50 posts for an upp'd card isn't even worth it.

blarg: