Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Air?

justaburd
21 (35%)
Afdarenty
37 (61.7%)
None Worthy
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 20, 2014, 03:38:36 pm

*Author

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151422#msg1151422
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13:31 pm »
Dear canyouevendates,

If you were Master of air, what's one thing that totally wouldn't fly with you?
Gargoyles. They're ugly. Please don't make me imagine it.
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151423#msg1151423
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 04:17:30 pm »

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151425#msg1151425
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »
[16:13:18] ‹serprex› @justa Kaker didn't specify human farts
[16:14:35] ‹justaburd› true, but I doubt I'd find statistics for non human farts to calculate from

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151444#msg1151444
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:58 pm »
[16:13:18] ‹serprex› @justa Kaker didn't specify human farts
[16:14:35] ‹justaburd› true, but I doubt I'd find statistics for non human farts to calculate from

go find cow statistics and extrapolate

that actually might be disturbing

use this article as a reference
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:29:49 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151462#msg1151462
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 08:02:29 pm »
Dear canyouevendates,

If you were Master of air, what's one thing that totally wouldn't fly with you?
Gargoyles. They're ugly. Please don't make me imagine it.
D:
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151513#msg1151513
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 11:07:42 pm »
Let me try to do this question as much justice as xkcd's whatif would.

A little bit of research suggests that an average human breathes in about 10-20 liters of air per minute across all activities. Of course, you don't fart all the air you breathe in, so let's assume that we fart a percentage of that back out and rest comes out as exhalation. Let's assume that the ratio is 0.1% of all air breathed in. This gives us .01-.02 liters of fart per minute per person. Therefore, for the average person, they'll fart ~7900 liters per year.
[...]
an interesting theory. but i wonder how you came to the conclusion that the farted air depends on the air breathed in. last time my biology teacher said something about lungs, it didn't look like they were connected to the fart hole. but i could be wrong :-X
also, it seems like quite a lot to think each person farts 1-2 decilitre every 10 minutes. even when having eaten something that doesn't agree too well with my stomach, i don't think i'd be even close to that ammount. guess it would be closer to 1 litre per day, but in the end, this only makes your result differ in a factor of ~10.

the thing about refarting sounds also intriguing, didn't think of that. but what you didn't include there was that air can even be tripple refarted. and quadruple... i wonder how often air can be refarted, before it turns into dark matter. but overall, this shouldn't really make any difference as per your calculation, the total farted air is a very low percentage of the total air.

and yeah, i agree with the others, including animals other than humans would be interesting. but then again, i don't think they'd give a difference of more than a factor of 10. so in the end we're probably again at about the same spot where your calculation arrived.

so thanks for the calculation, was interesting to read.
my mind is now pressing for more questions though:
assuming 0.0001% of earths atmosphere are farts, how much farts does one breathe in during a lifetime? and according to that, how many kilos of actual shit is that? ... that is a very disturbing thought  ?_?

Offline justaburd

• justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151542#msg1151542
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 01:16:06 am »
Let me try to do this question as much justice as xkcd's whatif would.

A little bit of research suggests that an average human breathes in about 10-20 liters of air per minute across all activities. Of course, you don't fart all the air you breathe in, so let's assume that we fart a percentage of that back out and rest comes out as exhalation. Let's assume that the ratio is 0.1% of all air breathed in. This gives us .01-.02 liters of fart per minute per person. Therefore, for the average person, they'll fart ~7900 liters per year.
[...]
an interesting theory. but i wonder how you came to the conclusion that the farted air depends on the air breathed in. last time my biology teacher said something about lungs, it didn't look like they were connected to the fart hole. but i could be wrong :-X
also, it seems like quite a lot to think each person farts 1-2 decilitre every 10 minutes. even when having eaten something that doesn't agree too well with my stomach, i don't think i'd be even close to that ammount. guess it would be closer to 1 litre per day, but in the end, this only makes your result differ in a factor of ~10.

the thing about refarting sounds also intriguing, didn't think of that. but what you didn't include there was that air can even be tripple refarted. and quadruple... i wonder how often air can be refarted, before it turns into dark matter. but overall, this shouldn't really make any difference as per your calculation, the total farted air is a very low percentage of the total air.

and yeah, i agree with the others, including animals other than humans would be interesting. but then again, i don't think they'd give a difference of more than a factor of 10. so in the end we're probably again at about the same spot where your calculation arrived.

so thanks for the calculation, was interesting to read.
my mind is now pressing for more questions though:
assuming 0.0001% of earths atmosphere are farts, how much farts does one breathe in during a lifetime? and according to that, how many kilos of actual shit is that? ... that is a very disturbing thought  ?_?

because lulz. :P
also because I needed some measure to estimate against when I was doing the initial calculations. I could see how much gets breathed. Compare that to how often you fart and you might get a close enough approximation.
And I agree with the factor of 10. There's only so many creatures on Earth, after all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:58:13 am by justaburd »
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151546#msg1151546
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 01:27:03 am »
These posts infuriate me. Convince me into hating you less than the other.
Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline justaburd

• Chirp!
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151556#msg1151556
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 01:58:39 am »
Hate me, hate me now. Hate me forever.
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151557#msg1151557
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 01:59:18 am »
Agreed. I didn't even get an answer… :'(

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151605#msg1151605
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 12:08:59 pm »
What makes Air, in elements, stand out for you?
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151622#msg1151622
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 02:51:31 pm »
Have you ever desired to fly? What would you do if you had the gift of flight? How do you imagine human flight would be?
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

anything
blarg: