Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Air?

justaburd
21 (35%)
Afdarenty
37 (61.7%)
None Worthy
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 20, 2014, 03:38:36 pm

*Author

Offline CCCombobreakerTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151074#msg1151074
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:37:55 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151104#msg1151104
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:47 am »
Dear canyouevendates,

If you were Master of air, what's one thing that totally wouldn't fly with you?
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151155#msg1151155
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:22:22 pm »
to all candidates

Do you like/dislike being on a plane/helicopter whatever.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline CCCombobreakerTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151177#msg1151177
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »
Just as a reminder, please note this post by afdarenty regarding Phase 3.

Just a post to say I'll be away now (with the TrO's permission) until the 26th - I'll miss phase 3, and a little more besides. If you ask me a question in any of the Phase 3 threads (not here!) I'll answer it when I get back. A few answers to some of the more common questions:

Spoiler for Questions:
If Air trials were full would you join the trials of a different element?
No.

Would you General in War?
Yes.

Would you become a Brawl Boss?
No.

Who do you think the better Master would be - you or justaburd?
I'm honestly not sure. I think we'd both do well.

You went missing for three weeks in the middle of trials! (Yes, I know this isn't a question.)
It's the one significant period of inactivity for me the entire year - quite unfortunate timing for me, but much better than in the middle of war.

And that's all you're getting. Cya all later :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:50:39 pm by Zawadx »
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151178#msg1151178
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 03:51:18 pm »
@Afdarenty Why did you choose to take on the trial of air?

@Justaburd As a bird do you get enough exercise and food with all this time playing video games?

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151202#msg1151202
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
Air, the element of the gassy stuff all around us. Air has one of the strongest Nymphs in my oppinion, but I've wondered a while now about one thing:

Can you calculate about how much of earths atmosphere consists of farts?

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151224#msg1151224
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 07:09:48 pm »
To both candidates.

Who will you vote for in air trials?  and on what grounds and why did you make that vote?   

Would you ever consider voting for someone else in trials if you thought the other one would become a better master?
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151258#msg1151258
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
@justaburd: You weren't General of Air last war. If you defend your title, would you play as General for Air in the coming war? Do you regret your desicion from last war not to participate? (Sorry if I am wrong and I remember false facts).

@Afdarenty: I know about your love with Air and IMO you play this element pretty good. I know you as a teammate in Team Entropy, you were new to this community/war and since this time I see a new, more experienced Afdarenty. How important was your role as Afdarenty in the last war? Would you lead Air as General?

Very close here. Nearly a tie. But if I have to choose at this moment my vote would go pretty close to Afdarenty. Lets wait for answers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:04:36 pm by Odii Odsen »
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151284#msg1151284
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 11:02:06 pm »
Realistically, do you think you can topple aether? Whats so new/not new this time (more important part)?
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151300#msg1151300
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 01:27:06 am »
What mythical or non-mythical creature would you like to add to Air (or the game)?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151334#msg1151334
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 09:41:28 am »
Just as a reminder, please note this post by afdarenty regarding Phase 3.

This makes things interesting... 8)

@Justaburd: Would you lead Team :air during Forum Brawl#4? Yes/no and why?
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote [Air] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55434.msg1151417#msg1151417
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 03:50:13 pm »
Air, the element of the gassy stuff all around us. Air has one of the strongest Nymphs in my oppinion, but I've wondered a while now about one thing:

Can you calculate about how much of earths atmosphere consists of farts?
Let me try to do this question as much justice as xkcd's whatif would.

A little bit of research suggests that an average human breathes in about 10-20 liters of air per minute across all activities. Of course, you don't fart all the air you breathe in, so let's assume that we fart a percentage of that back out and rest comes out as exhalation. Let's assume that the ratio is 0.1% of all air breathed in. This gives us .01-.02 liters of fart per minute per person. Therefore, for the average person, they'll fart ~7900 liters per year.

Wikianswers tells me that Earth's effective atmosphere is 4.2 billion cubic kilometers of air. That would translate to 4.2*1021 liters of air.

Then we have to worry about our population. Let's just play with nice round numbers. In other words, billions. Wiki tells me that the world population hit 1 billion around 1804, then 2 around 1927, 3 in 1959, 4 in 1974, 5 in 1987, 6 in 1999, and 7 in 2012. For each billion people, we get 7.9 trillion liters of air per year.

This brings us to the next point: It's not possible that only unfarted air gets farted. Of course, as the amount of farted air increases, the chance that someone has breathed it in (and refarted it) increases. Therefore we need to consider the ratio of farted air to unfarted air:

percent of newly farted air=(7.9 trillion liters*(1-%farted from last year)/total air)

Therefore, we have the model for checking out farted air:
% farted total=(7.9 trillion liters*(1-%farted from last year)/totalair)+%farted from last year
I.E.
Xt+1=(7.9*1012*(1-Xt)/(4.2*1021))+Xt

I'd calculate it for you but I'm bad with wolfram alpha.

Let's estimate it instead.

The total number of billions of people we need to calculate for is (1927-1804)*1+(1959-1927)*2+(1974-1959)*3+(1987-1974)*4+(1999-1987)*5+(2012-1999)*6+(2014-2012)*7. This is 436.

(436*7.9 trillion)/4.2 sextillion~0.8*10-6. Let's say it's 1*10-6 or .0001% of our atmosphere being farts. I guess unstable gas isn't all that common.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:03:41 pm by justaburd »
Chirp? *looks around*

anything
blarg: